Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:53 pm
"Illy, think you can anchor a grappling hook on the other side?" Ruin said as heaned to the taller man's ear.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:04 am

"I could throw you and the hook across." Grinned Valac.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm
[Endurance 18]

She shrugs at Revenge, "We brought climbing gear for a reason." She looks at Valac, "And him."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:24 pm
"It would take a good deal of time and effort to take down such a bridge, especially if the retreat was as hurried as I'm led to believe," Revenge would say, scanning the ground for a rock and picking one up.

"Ilikan, how many men would it take to bring something like that down? I'm betting more than a single ritual caster with phantasmal terrain."

He'd grip the rock, before underhand tossing it through the gap of the broken bridge to see if it passed through.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:29 pm
"That sounds better... I am game for a flying lesson." said with an assuring nod.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:35 pm
(can't edit Gaia posts on my phone)

Quote:
Dungeoneering 12 to know the manpower and tools necessarry to destroy this bridge.
Arcana 19 to detect illusions.
Nature 27 to look for the most passable way to traverse this chasm (perhaps a path down one side or natural handholds)
Perception 11 to look for a possible hidden door/passage.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 am
((There appears to be no illusions or secret passageways.

There's not much left to where the bridge use to be. Revenge can tell that the bridge was not constructed traditionally but rather melded out of the very stone around it by a powerful spell caster. With that said it probably just to another powerful spell caster to undue the work through ritual.

Due to the complete darkness in the cavern it is impossible to see anything beyond the edge of Kuori lantern. However, if Revenge was to take a light source and look around a bit he would find no easy way to climb down the chasm in the vicinity and the point with the bridge is one of the most narrow parts of the chasm. With the limited light it is impossible to tell how deep the chasm runs. Revenge does notice, however, there are plenty of rocks, boulders and stalagmites on the other side of the craven that they might be able to wedge a grappling hook into if thrown or shot across.))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:01 pm
"Hmph," Revenge would mutter as the rock passed through the lack of illusion and clattered down the chasm wall. "It would have been nice if that worked out."

While doing some cursory searching (with his everburning torch, as mentioned a few posts prior), he would soon gesture to the stalagmites with his light source. "Ruin, Valac, will those be helpful for securing a way across? They probably aren't more ropers. Probably."

He would turn to Kuori. "Outside of Ruin, we're not really all that dainty, between size and equipment. Is a line of rope really our best bet across?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:09 am
"Save for a missing knot maker, we have enough supplies to make a few rope bridges. If that is your fear." Ruin would say, reaching into his bag he would produce the iron manacles. "That said, we could also create a two-person Zipline."  
Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:15 am
While the rest were talking it over, Illikan just gave a nod at Ruin's initial request, making sure the grappling hook was firmly affixed to the end of a rope and feeding it out into a loose loop between his hands, looking for careful footing near the edge of the crevice, and then started swinging the hook in quickening circles before letting it go at the stalagmites at the other side to see if he could hook something strong enough to take them over.

((Assuming this would just be a roll plus strength modifier, +4, if something else fits I can apply those modifiers instead.))

[1d20+4=6]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:08 am
"Downside of losing our magic users Revenge. Gotta do things the old way." She watches Illikan toss his hook and goes to retrieve her own. "Sure wish I had my bow ... heh." She ties off the rope and tosses it across. "If we can get three secure lines then it will be more stable to walk on."

[16+5=21]  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm
As Ilikan lets loose his grappling hook he finds that he miss-times it and it sails into the cavern thankfully he is able to hold onto the rope so he doesn't loose it and can try again.

Kuori however has much better luck and manages to land her hook is some stalagmites on the other side of the cavern. With a good tug the hook loges securely in the stone. The party now has one line across.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:28 pm
Waltzing over to Kouri's not so limp line. "Don't sweat it Illy, All men after a certain age has performance issues."

Closing one side of his manicle on the rope and the other arround his wrist(hopefully, if the Dm allows it, creating a safety line), the tiefling would hand a rope-end to Revenge and slowly start to cross the chasm.

With any luckhe could secure third line to make a bridge.

Althletics +3 = 16  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 pm
"Humans," Revenge would muse as he absentmindedly took hold of the rope end handed to him by Ruin. "I thought they were supposed to be good at ever-WHOA!" he'd suddenly stop, tightly gripping the rope as he was forced forward a step before he braced himself. "I think you're grossly overestimating my qualifications as a mooring cleat!" he'd exclaim, wrapping the rope around his armor's plated arm while planting a foot firmly against a protruding rock.

Quote:
Strength check of 18 to not kill the Hexblade.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 pm
"The options were; Worshipper of capital D death god, Kouri, Valac, who would choose a battle should that stalagmite be a roper instead of hoding a rope, Illy, who is busy, Irene and You... I went with the heavier of the two. Besides, rumor has it, your good at knots, meaning you could secure that end afterwards." Ruin would explain before adding, "This is a little bit nerve-rattling."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games