+1
View Results

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:24 am
AstroZeek
Nidorous

Finally got the song out of my head the other day; read this post and it got stuck in it again. Lost the song, now regained it after reading post again. Augh. Damnit.

The start of that song sounds very ultravox. It reminds me of another song. And damn if I can think of it. 0:11 in and just that underlying melody of the synth I know it's used in another damn song somewhere. goes looking for song

Very fancy walkman, silver. Mine was black. Kept me entertained on some long car trips.

A guitar version was used as the title music for the leading pop show in the U.K, 'Top Of The Pops'. Maybe that's why you remember it. I believe this was the demo...

& the finished article...

...This is probably why I recognize some of it. Still thinking there is another song that has that same underlying tone to it.
Fires up laptop with real player to try and isolate sound clip
from about 0:05 to 0:17 you can hear the synth the best. That beat of the synth...there is another damn song with that in it. Top of the Pops didn't have that same synth in it.
Drives me nuts when I can't remember crap like this.

You may be able to hear it a little better here.

Side note, think he shoulda stuck with Thin Lizzy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 am
AstroZeek
Nidorous
AstroZeek
I didn't like the Duranies when they 1st appeared, I always thought they were an over commercialized pap pop band for under 16yo girls but I've mellowed. I quite like playing this very loudly when I'm driving really fast in my car...

"The bill for the 1980's arrived on my doorstep on the 1st Of January 1990", Simon Le Bon.

You walked out on DM, not a fan of Duran... emotion_jawdrop grabs and shakes They've got some decent songs.
Wild Boys very addicting, Hungry Like the Wolf, Come Undone, Ordinary world, also good songs.

rofl I can see where they'd appeal to the under 16 years crowd of females from the 80s.
Think they might have struck a slightly higher age group in the states; maybe? Pretty sure the under 16s of the states were all about NKOTB. rofl

Since I mentioned it anyway... rofl .

I don't dislike them now, hungry like the wolf is a great song. It was just at the time. As for the demographic, I have met Simon Le Bon, He told me that when the band were first touring the U.S. their manager handed out a memo telling them what the legal age of consent was in each State. burning_eyes

& the record company nearly dropped them after this waste of money...

rofl @ Legal age of consent in each state. Well....better safe than sorry I guess.... xd sweatdrop
I can see where that was a waste, yes. Threatening to drop them over that? A bit extreme. I don't think I can name a band that didnt have a flop or two. Could be worse...
Could have been this.

interesting fact of the day: Sounds like a certain person's ideal campaign song.

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am
Pixitella
Nidorous

No, you do not. You can change it after entering the runway. 3nodding

I hate going to ALL the shops and taking forever to get candy /caroling in the holidays. Used to only be 5 / 7 shops, now there are about 12! gonk My hands can't take that abuse.

We'll have to build a bio dome for smart people, and only they'll be allowed into it. Keep out the idiots that can't stay home, can't wear masks in public, eat weird s**t. gonk And Voldemorts and cheetos.

rofl @ Satans waterfall, that's a new one. Uh, er...offers up a pumpkin carving kit This should allow you to be rid of it. emotion_kirakira

I am not sure why. rofl I never watched much, a lot of people enjoyed it. Had friends talking about it non-stop.

It depends on the anime. Subbed > Dubbed for a lot of the newer ones. Some of the ones I grew up watching, have to be dubbed. I can't watch them subbed. YYH does not feel or sound the same subbed at all. Can't, can't, cant.

Distractions are good. Very good. whee Probably going to see whats on netflix myself in a bit, hands dying.

ohh! I might just try runway~

its grueling but I liked their outfits. and Jack in towns and zomg. and gaians dressing up tbh. 3nodding tnhe events werent that bad either. storyline/and sides. or that one year with the ghosts.

if only that was possible. i think we'd be virus free by now if that happened because all outside the dome would be dead by now. speaking of masks did you hear about that woman who was screaming in the grocery about how it's against God to wear masks. like seriously, the stupidity is astounding rolleyes

got to thank tumblr for that one ahaha. on the upside dont need the carving knife now I'm period free, emotion_kirakira FINALLY! I'll probably complain when it starts again in a month though lol

because it's funny. showed it to twin and she found it funny too. also twin moment lol she also had the same reaction- why is neville a potato? lol

ah that makes sense, since we did grow up watching dubbed ones. but I do like watching subbed more than dubbed these days.

I feel guilty kinda for not reading/finishing the series though ahaha

if you do, let us know

Some outfits were alright. Last x-mas' not so much, that peppymint thing...not feeling it.
The year with the ghosts... Pancakes. 3nodding

Like the grunny invasion the best. 05's.

gonk Against god to wear masks.... uh-huh. Halloween, ski / snow, surgical... all against 'god' eh? I hate stupid. scream
...maybe should get one that says 'god hates stupid people' on a mask, see what people think then.

emotion_yatta User ImageUser Image ...until next month.

I'll see if I can find the answer. Don't think he's a potato. Looks more like a gourd.

In the mean time:

Hm

Subbed quicker to come out, depending on where watching usually no subscription needed for the subbed, and most dubbing these days...sucks.

you'll finish it eventually. whee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:18 pm
Nidorous

Bottled up, yes. It is impolite to complain over there. Impolite to leave early when there are still some people working too. Often they work themselves to exhaustion. What I don't think happens over there; you probably wont get a bunch of shits in the aisles or coming up behind you going "excuse me" while trying to juggle fright, cut a box, and they're too lazy to go the ******** around.
The slurping would drive me nuts. It'd make talking to someone difficult if someone slurping up their food was near by.

He throws bugs on you? gonk Not very cool of him. Centipedes can bite painfully. Millipedes not too bad.
D'oh! That sucks. Would be heading for that water to try and get them off. Or killing it with fire. And this; I'll now add to my very long list of reasons why I shouldn't goto the beach. whee Sand evil.

Trying to think of a horror movie that had moths. Only one coming to mind is silence of the lambs. gonk

The letter on your keyboard that lights up, wont come off. They're designed to be little 'windows' for the light to shine through, which means they're not cheaply heat pressed paint into keys; they're actually plastic lettering.
The older keys, the white ones with the black lettering even if the black wore off, they pressed it into the plastic that there is still an indentation of the letter. Unlike newer black ones.

Sadly retail doesnt see it this way; food services either. bottom dollar; work your a** off. gonk

As for living costs, it's only getting worse too.... face plants Hate. People.

Cyber monday will still cause employees to break their backs for ungrateful customers. You call us SFS. 3nodding

I like when customers assume you're working. You're staring at a bottle / label / shelf, have other crap from other departments in your arms, and they're over there going 'excuse me, excuse me, excuse me!' scream LEAVE ME ALONE! runs away screaming

Still weary of some used parts.

gonk !@furries in diapers, wtf?! I don't wanna know.

...yeah there are always pluses and minuses to cultures... I don't mind the work ethic and working hard as long as the the job pays well and isn't too labor intensive... but sadly in most cases people hate their jobs and don't get to come home to a very loving family plus in japan it isn't acceptable to talk about your feelings openly so people tend to bottle up things till they can't take it and kill themselves where as in america if that happens people lash out and kill others why we have more serial killers than most other countries... also doesn't help that we hype up and sometimes even idolize some serial killers xd

It doesn't bother me since it is fairly common for boys in the south(southern USA) to tease/bully girls they like... instead of flat out admitting their feelings I use to be bad about punching guys I liked in the arm but I didn't know how strong I was so I would hurt them sweatdrop he doesn't throw bugs on me any more unless he is trying to push my buttons normally I laugh afterwards because I never get hurt, but you think over time I would stop being afraid of bugs touching me... surprisingly my dislike for insects closer than 5 inches away hasn't went away. gonk Most bugs are harmless and aren't scary from a distance, but when they touch me a can't help but squeal sweatdrop

there are more but they aren't all very good there is
Before I wake where a kid is adopted into a family whos son has died and the kid has dreams and those turn into butterflies and when he has nightmares they turn into moths (that can bite)

then there is The possession about a girl who gets a box from a yard sale and when it opens there are a ton of moths and in some scenes there are just so many moths in and on the girl gonk

and the last one I can think of at the top of my head other than silence of the lambs is Moth which is a foreign horror film about the Moth man story

on the note of horror movies got any you would recommend I am making a list for halloween and just for fun and found some I haven't watched yet that look pretty good...
Re-Animator

A Quiet Place

yeah true I wouldn't mind either type I feel like I would get a lot more distracted if I had pressed keys though just because I would be trying to think of what to type and play with the keys and trail off into another world of thought lol xp

sad That is so upsetting everyone thinks that way and until we stop and asses it people will continue to under value retail workers and fast food workers and treat them like 2nd rate human beings it might as well be indentured servitude/Serfdom (also known as Wage slavery) since you are barely getting paid a living wage scream

yeah true cyber monday is good for the consumer but extremely difficult on the workers in the stores/distribution centers working.

so many times I see customers harassing people off the clock or worse I will go into a store and they will think I am a worker even though I am just shopping and demand me to help them and try to call a manager over and later find out I don't even work there x.x that has happened 2 or 3 times to me and I was so pissed I am like woman I don't work here I don't know you and you haven';t said a nice thing to me this whole conversation why would I waste my free time helping someone as entitled as you are.... scream

Sorry your not feeling well... if you are unable to get some sleep maybe consider a sleep aid of some kind or a warm bath before bed... I hope this week goes over fast for you so you can have some time off to rest up and relax :3

yum_puddi

MimiThePiggyOrc

Fluffy Treat

17,875 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250

Pixitella

Sugary Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 am

if you do, let us know

Some outfits were alright. Last x-mas' not so much, that peppymint thing...not feeling it.
The year with the ghosts... Pancakes. 3nodding

Like the grunny invasion the best. 05's.

gonk Against god to wear masks.... uh-huh. Halloween, ski / snow, surgical... all against 'god' eh? I hate stupid. scream
...maybe should get one that says 'god hates stupid people' on a mask, see what people think then.

emotion_yatta User ImageUser Image ...until next month.

I'll see if I can find the answer. Don't think he's a potato. Looks more like a gourd.

In the mean time:

Hm

Subbed quicker to come out, depending on where watching usually no subscription needed for the subbed, and most dubbing these days...sucks.

you'll finish it eventually. whee

on phone rn so if i have typos blame fat fingers sweatdrop I sometimes feel likeI've replied only to find out I haven't yet. this is what happens when j come online too late and my sleep deprived brain like reads your reply, *replies in my head*, then thinks I actually really replied and go to sleep ahahaha

anywho, I havent gotten into doing it yet. its been raining lots and its cold and its not good for my joints and i like to accidentally hibernate hahahaha

aw I missed a lot of events since I quit but came back because of this pandemic. kinda regret not going online on here for events but eh didnt really feel like it then and a lot of friends have already gone. speaking of peppermint though, i like peppermint tea and candies. ahahaha again i know you meant the color scheme/theme but my brain went to food again. lol ahhhh yes! pancakes! how could i forget? i wish they'd bring back those ghosts. would be fun. wait my memory is bad but people were making theories about who labtech at that time and it turned out to be Gambino.. right?

ahahaha i'd buy a mask like that and wear it. I havent really been out though. courtesy of being immuno compromised. is it an adult thing that I actually miss doing groceries sweatdrop because lately its been dad+twin or dad+mom and usually we end up with not getting the ones we actually need (dad+twin) or getting a lot of things we need and then some (dad+mom). Mom likes to buy stuff that has something for free. like buy this and you get a free mini pouch sort. it would be okay if she just bought one but she buys too much and it becomes my problem because I'm the one who puts the groceries away. or there would be wasted food sometimes because we cant eat all of what she bought. so yeah. I miss doing groceries. at least I can control what gets into the cart. crying

really? my brain went potato. might have to watch it again to check. ohhh checked the other ones you shared and you're right he is more like a gourd. showed it to my dad and he was like wtf? rofl he's called me weird (again for the nth time)

thats why it feels weird to watch dubbed ones these days seriously. it just doesnt feel right.

I will eventually. emotion_yatta I'll let you know when I do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:35 am
Hey, everyone! Pesty said that I could post this here. I just wanted to let you guys know that my bump thread has daily RNG prizes for the whole month of August! Check it out here if you're interested!  

battery_bee

Feral Trash

26,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Tycoon 200

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 am
I was in a (very small) local supermarket today, one of the one's that play piped music - you know the kind of thing - Faux classical, pan pipes, that kind of guff. Since there was little chance of self distancing, it got me thinking about some songs they could play instead. Although not entirely in keeping, this chorus sprang to mind...

'Don't Stand So Close To Me'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:08 pm
This is from battery_bee:

Hey, everyone! Pesty said that I could post this here. I just wanted to let you guys know that my bump thread has daily RNG prizes for the whole month of August! Check it out here if you're interested!

Check it out. Go win some stuff! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Pesty Elf

Captain

Seasonal Loiterer

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:01 pm
This is for all the Trumpettes, Remember it when November rolls around...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:49 pm
*walks in circles*  

Moonracer

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Moonracer

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:35 pm
I just have to share this somewhere, sorry...

Sign me the hel...heck up!
This game can't release fast enough here in the west. Best part my little brother seems excited about it too, so I might be able to play with him. Which is surprising because he's rather picky so I'm even more excited. Makes me curious what he'll pick to play as. Makes me curious what I'll pick. He got jealous of me the last game we played because I played assassin better than he did, but he never saw the person I watched play the same class and make me look like a chump. crying I just hope it'll be fun and the people won't be toxic, but...for now all I can do is wait. crying

*goes back to walking in circles*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:37 pm
Moonracer
I just have to share this somewhere, sorry...

Sign me the hel...heck up!
This game can't release fast enough here in the west. Best part my little brother seems excited about it too, so I might be able to play with him. Which is surprising because he's rather picky so I'm even more excited. Makes me curious what he'll pick to play as. Makes me curious what I'll pick. He got jealous of me the last game we played because I played assassin better than he did, but he never saw the person I watched play the same class and make me look like a chump. crying I just hope it'll be fun and the people won't be toxic, but...for now all I can do is wait. crying

*goes back to walking in circles*

Never played lost ark, but the looks of it remind me of PWI a lot. Wonder how different some of the game play mechanics are.
Hope you and your little bro have fun with the game when it comes out.

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:39 pm
AstroZeek
I was in a (very small) local supermarket today, one of the one's that play piped music - you know the kind of thing - Faux classical, pan pipes, that kind of guff. Since there was little chance of self distancing, it got me thinking about some songs they could play instead. Although not entirely in keeping, this chorus sprang to mind...

'Don't Stand So Close To Me'

Makes you wonder what happened; people went from wearing pool noodles on themselves to keep people at a distance, to sponges on their ******** it all; it's a hoax.... gonk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:46 pm
Pixitella

on phone rn so if i have typos blame fat fingers sweatdrop I sometimes feel likeI've replied only to find out I haven't yet. this is what happens when j come online too late and my sleep deprived brain like reads your reply, *replies in my head*, then thinks I actually really replied and go to sleep ahahaha

anywho, I havent gotten into doing it yet. its been raining lots and its cold and its not good for my joints and i like to accidentally hibernate hahahaha

aw I missed a lot of events since I quit but came back because of this pandemic. kinda regret not going online on here for events but eh didnt really feel like it then and a lot of friends have already gone. speaking of peppermint though, i like peppermint tea and candies. ahahaha again i know you meant the color scheme/theme but my brain went to food again. lol ahhhh yes! pancakes! how could i forget? i wish they'd bring back those ghosts. would be fun. wait my memory is bad but people were making theories about who labtech at that time and it turned out to be Gambino.. right?

ahahaha i'd buy a mask like that and wear it. I havent really been out though. courtesy of being immuno compromised. is it an adult thing that I actually miss doing groceries sweatdrop because lately its been dad+twin or dad+mom and usually we end up with not getting the ones we actually need (dad+twin) or getting a lot of things we need and then some (dad+mom). Mom likes to buy stuff that has something for free. like buy this and you get a free mini pouch sort. it would be okay if she just bought one but she buys too much and it becomes my problem because I'm the one who puts the groceries away. or there would be wasted food sometimes because we cant eat all of what she bought. so yeah. I miss doing groceries. at least I can control what gets into the cart. crying

really? my brain went potato. might have to watch it again to check. ohhh checked the other ones you shared and you're right he is more like a gourd. showed it to my dad and he was like wtf? rofl he's called me weird (again for the nth time)

thats why it feels weird to watch dubbed ones these days seriously. it just doesnt feel right.

I will eventually. emotion_yatta I'll let you know when I do.

Sorry late reply.
I know that feeling, you think you did something but didnt.

I'd like to sleep through the next 5 years or so. I think that would be good, maybe the stupid will be gone by then. Maybe?

Peppermint tea I have found I am not fond of at all. Candy, it really depends.
No, Gambino at that time died, people were speculating lab tech may have been gambino, but he's just someone that worked in the lab. He created the grunnies and the grombies.

I say now is a good time for you and sis to wear inflatable dino costumes, would keep people away... maybe with a gasmask on....

No online grocery ordering there?

Weird is good, weird beats out stupid any day. By all means be your own brand of weird. 3nodding

Dubbed doesnt feel right at all any more. And some voice actors dont even -try- to change their voices. Not even a little.

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:20 pm
MimiThePiggyOrc

...yeah there are always pluses and minuses to cultures... I don't mind the work ethic and working hard as long as the the job pays well and isn't too labor intensive... but sadly in most cases people hate their jobs and don't get to come home to a very loving family plus in japan it isn't acceptable to talk about your feelings openly so people tend to bottle up things till they can't take it and kill themselves where as in america if that happens people lash out and kill others why we have more serial killers than most other countries... also doesn't help that we hype up and sometimes even idolize some serial killers xd

It doesn't bother me since it is fairly common for boys in the south(southern USA) to tease/bully girls they like... instead of flat out admitting their feelings I use to be bad about punching guys I liked in the arm but I didn't know how strong I was so I would hurt them sweatdrop he doesn't throw bugs on me any more unless he is trying to push my buttons normally I laugh afterwards because I never get hurt, but you think over time I would stop being afraid of bugs touching me... surprisingly my dislike for insects closer than 5 inches away hasn't went away. gonk Most bugs are harmless and aren't scary from a distance, but when they touch me a can't help but squeal sweatdrop

there are more but they aren't all very good there is
Before I wake where a kid is adopted into a family whos son has died and the kid has dreams and those turn into butterflies and when he has nightmares they turn into moths (that can bite)

then there is The possession about a girl who gets a box from a yard sale and when it opens there are a ton of moths and in some scenes there are just so many moths in and on the girl gonk

and the last one I can think of at the top of my head other than silence of the lambs is Moth which is a foreign horror film about the Moth man story

on the note of horror movies got any you would recommend I am making a list for halloween and just for fun and found some I haven't watched yet that look pretty good...
Re-Animator

A Quiet Place

yeah true I wouldn't mind either type I feel like I would get a lot more distracted if I had pressed keys though just because I would be trying to think of what to type and play with the keys and trail off into another world of thought lol xp

sad That is so upsetting everyone thinks that way and until we stop and asses it people will continue to under value retail workers and fast food workers and treat them like 2nd rate human beings it might as well be indentured servitude/Serfdom (also known as Wage slavery) since you are barely getting paid a living wage scream

yeah true cyber monday is good for the consumer but extremely difficult on the workers in the stores/distribution centers working.

so many times I see customers harassing people off the clock or worse I will go into a store and they will think I am a worker even though I am just shopping and demand me to help them and try to call a manager over and later find out I don't even work there x.x that has happened 2 or 3 times to me and I was so pissed I am like woman I don't work here I don't know you and you haven';t said a nice thing to me this whole conversation why would I waste my free time helping someone as entitled as you are.... scream

Sorry your not feeling well... if you are unable to get some sleep maybe consider a sleep aid of some kind or a warm bath before bed... I hope this week goes over fast for you so you can have some time off to rest up and relax :3

yum_puddi

From what I hear work over there can be long hours, over time, little pay / respect depending, a lot of a** kissing of bosses.
I know I couldnt do it. I do not kiss a** well.
Think the difference is over the two, we lash out, we're taught that lashing out is normal and a display of feeling and healthy, which is opposite of Japan where lashing out is imposing on others, and with it being so small and people all over, they encourage people to not to trouble others and to have lots of friends. Friends means less chance of people becoming serial killers.

article 1
article 2

As long as you're not too bothered by the bugs. I don't know of anyone that would enjoy anything that moved thrown at them. Especially the fast crawly kind. A fluffy rabbit is a little different than a crawly bug. Still can't say I want either tossed at me for any reason.

When I am in a better mental state to do so, will look at the trailers. Right now just...ugh. Looks like might be some interesting ones there that are worth a watch at some point.

The one keyboard I have that lights up I use with my laptop, hate laptop keys, it is smaller than a normal keyboard. I leave the back lights on and don't bother changing the settings on it.
this

You're right about the workers.
this just happened recently
wondering where face masks are in the images of this I have seen too...employees and customers near them should be wearing them.

--!!!--

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff