Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GorthaurVonCarstein

Dedicated Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:30 am
Try drinking more water, that solves almost anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:42 am
Hey Kotsu.

Hey Kazzy. xD

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

GorthaurVonCarstein

Dedicated Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 am
How are you doing Mana?

Not many people on today.

To the Kumo Dojo!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:00 pm
I'm doin' pretty decent. Finally motivated in some way or another to get working on training again...

It's likely Irene and school keepin' 'em down.

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

GorthaurVonCarstein

Dedicated Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Yea, I hope they are all ok.

I actually like having two rpcs, because today I feel more like Katon, so I can train with him without getting to bored, and maybe tomorrow I might feel like training with Sora and developing his character, oh wait... I have to wait for that bloodline approval thing....

Good job getting motivated!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:30 pm
So far, I've heard good news in regards to Irene folk. And as for school, well... who's ever okay there? xD

I know, right? I've been so distracted, Kin's been sitting in a private room hidden away from all!

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:32 pm
Hi hi.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:32 pm
Reaper Elyse
Well this is me just telling you what most people have to research and look over before making the decision to drive straight towards the goal of comic artist or take a detour to set up a fall back. It's all about your own passion and the honest truth to what your own drive to do what you have to to survive on doing what you love to do.

if you're sure of you love for your craft (comics) and choice of direction I'd say do what comes natural. ^_^

Well that's just it. If you want a degree then there's no real set way for a degree in comic books, at least not from what I know. I'm going for a Masters in Fine Arts and I needed to set something specific and Graphic Design just came up. There is no real set guideline for comic books. I've been taking anatomy classes and I'm taking a computer's illustrations class, I'll minor in writing but other than that I just don't know.

I'll probably go back for more classes anyway.  

Haruhi000777

GorthaurVonCarstein

Dedicated Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:35 pm
Hello Cioccolato!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:35 pm
Hey Astra. n.n

'Ruhi; Is it sleepy time already?

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 pm
Hey Kotsu. What's up?

Hola, Mana. Same question above inserted here .-.

Ruhi looks like a sleepy teddy bear...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:39 pm
It's pretty cute, after the thought of the avatars she usually does. xD

How's it hangin', Astra?

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

GorthaurVonCarstein

Dedicated Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:46 pm
I'm catching up on naruto, and I might train before I have to go, whats up with you?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 pm
Astra; Just realized you asked me what's up. Bit sleepy yet. xD

I'm doing pretty good though. No word on the job just yet, as they haven't found out how many they'll need to hire.

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Reaper Elyse

Magnetic Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 pm
Haruhi000777
Reaper Elyse
Well this is me just telling you what most people have to research and look over before making the decision to drive straight towards the goal of comic artist or take a detour to set up a fall back. It's all about your own passion and the honest truth to what your own drive to do what you have to to survive on doing what you love to do.

if you're sure of you love for your craft (comics) and choice of direction I'd say do what comes natural. ^_^

Well that's just it. If you want a degree then there's no real set way for a degree in comic books, at least not from what I know. I'm going for a Masters in Fine Arts and I needed to set something specific and Graphic Design just came up. There is no real set guideline for comic books. I've been taking anatomy classes and I'm taking a computer's illustrations class, I'll minor in writing but other than that I just don't know.

I'll probably go back for more classes anyway.

Well~ when it comes what you need to do to become a comic artist you can do it the normal way and just go to what ever degree program that develops your skills and style to where you can build a strong portfolio, sketches, pages, character design, panels, and maybe some ink work, and color finishes to show you've got variety. also I'd start making it something of a regular habit to keep a eye out on comic companies that are hiring or looking for new artist. You probably won't get to work on your own comic to start (meaning you didn't quite write it) but you might be hired to edit, ink, color, or if your pencils are strong they can hire you for that. Fine arts is a safer bet when it comes to building the variety of skills to do all of that.

Not saying Graphic design can't get you a bit of skill, but fine arts majors are way more intensive about your actual drawing skills, rather than appealing design and clear message. Graphic design can teach you how to sell yourself, or better said your work and~ that's really valuable but over all the fine arts major will have the over all chops of way more impressive a portfolio for the type of hire.

Go with fine arts and if you get the chance try out graphic design after if you want to jump right into comics. First get the numerous amount of skills to make yourself a favorable hire then later on you can worry about how well you communicate what your trying to sell and what's it's "hooks". In the end the more you know the better. =3

[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games