Welcome to Gaia! ::

( guildy)╬[The Empire of Gaia]╬

Back to Guilds

█▓░ FREE GOLDS GIVING ░▓█ Win Million of Gold & Cash 

Tags: Linkin Park,Twilight, Free Golds,Friends Girls boys,Love,Games, Avatars,Items,Shop,Market,Music,Sport, Poll,Bump,Guildy,Naruto, Zomg,Art,Writing,Arena 

Reply [29]~ Role Playing ~
Sanctuary: Dead or Alive? Come Vote. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 914 915 916 917 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the thread be revamped or left dead?
  Revamped! :D
  Dead is dead, leave it dead. -_______-
View Results

Zenjin Jiruga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:15 am
@Chief: I do also like taking things apart and putting them back together again. Though, I have no idea where that will come in handy. But Psychology seems fun, especially in the sleeping/dreaming field.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 am
Dragg:
Sorry cherie, I didn't see your post up there, *hugs*  

Chief Sankofa
Crew

I Am cool jacob
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:19 am
*packs up weapons into car*

Okay so Shotguns check

Snipers check

...Were missing grenades!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:28 am
@Chief: Your avi is smokin!

@Everyone else: What's all this about zombies?! How come I didn't know? I wanna bash in some undead heads too!

@Jacob: Think fast. *tosses a sack of grenades*  

Nyx Discordia

Tipsy Duck

Chief Sankofa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:28 am
I Am cool jacob
*packs up weapons into car*

Okay so Shotguns check

Snipers check

...Were missing grenades!

I have them in my TOP!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 am
@Gum
idk it just happened

@Chief
huh *glances over*  

Heart of Madness

Chief Sankofa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:31 am
Hom:

Staring your own Role Play

Now that you've followed those simple steps, your finally ready to start your own Thread. There are several things that go into making your own Role play, and organization is key: Story line/backstory/plot, Character Skeletons, Rules, Miscellaneous.

Story line/backstory/plot

The story line is the MOST IMPORTANT part of any role play. Without the story line there is nothing to go on. With a well set up backstory the members that join your RP will know better what type of character they would like to use, what sort of environment to introduce their character in, and what they should have their characters do.

There are key elements to any story that make this especially important. These are as follows:

Setting: You need to make it clear what time period the story is from along with the area the main portions of the story will take place. If the story is medieval, you're not going to see refrigerators, televisions, etc. If its on a different planet or on has separate planes, you need to describe the environments so that everyone can understand what's going on.

Plot: The meat of the story. Is there an evil dictator? Is there a demon/angel war ensuing? Is the world coming to an end? You decide this. I could go on and on for hours on lessons to lengthen your writing, but honestly, I'd rather you learn your own style as what I have put into the post topics have told more than enough.

Characters: If there are any specific characters that must be included in the RP, they should be mentioned somewhere in the plot. Other than that, refer to the Character skeleton section for more information.

Character Skeletons

Like previously stated, create a character skeleton based off what is needed for your Rp. For instance if your Rp is a battle field, you may want to have a entry for weapons, and weaknesses.

Rules

This is a simple section. Rules are an important part of any RP. There are a couple rules that should be included in every RP(Gaia Tos, no cybering or god modding), but other than that, you decide what is required

Miscellaneous
Everyone has their own specific structures for their Role plays. Some people want no post on the first page having to do with the actual game. Some people want it it be purely battle, some people are confused as to what the heck they want.

This section doesn't really have any real importance as you make any extra portions to your Role play according to your own wishes. I'm just going to make this a little easier on you by explaining things you can do to organize the RP.

Separate thread for characters: Some people believe adding characters to an RP thread makes the first page too cluttered. You can create a separate thread to post the characters in if you so choose. I prefer if you post the separate thread in the Spam section. If I get requests for it, I may create a new sub-forum specifically dedicated to posting characters in separate threads, but for now, enough people are happy with posting them in the original thread. Just make the link easy to find in your RP so that your members can find the other characters.

No Posts for the Story in the 1st Page: This one is simple. Reserve a few posts in the start of the Rp, just in case you want to add announcements or just extra things like contests for the future.

Plagiarism

Under no circumstance should you every steal anther person's work. At all times you need to give credit where its due, if for some reason you don't know the source of your ideas then you need to state that. This is not to say you need to identify the authors of every picture or posting style. But if you copied and pasted any information for a specif person, you need to give them credit for their work.

*Many thanks to Demascion Lycan: The Lycan Tribe of Role Players, your help was greatly appreciated for the creation of this thread.*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:33 am
ok so it's real important to pay attention to that then  

Heart of Madness

Chief Sankofa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:38 am
Jacob:
*Blinks*
But I want to catch them, not kill them, well at least not all of them. And your most welcome, I do encourage everyone to keep their wish list updated.

Hom:
Photobucket allows you to resize.

Zen:
That is an interesting field, though I think I would only dabble in it as dreams can be tricky.

Gum:
Merci dear, you are looking very lovely yourself. x3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 am
Hmmm...Gumball these are normal grenades we will still take them but the ones we need Chief already had in here top strangley which are the Demon Fire ones! Trust me these gonna save us time!

Also Chief you can capture some but by the time were done they might of escaped, eaten themselves or get left behind!  

I Am cool jacob
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Chief Sankofa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 am
I have special netting, their not getting away ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:59 am
*peeks over* nice  

Heart of Madness

Zenjin Jiruga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:20 am
@Chief: I find it fascinating how some things in the external world can effect things while you dream. That's one of the things in Psychology that interest me. You seem to be fairly knowledgeable about Psychology, is it like a class you have or something?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:29 am
Hmmmm Were all most ready to go!  

I Am cool jacob
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Chief Sankofa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:15 pm
Hom:
What are you looking at?
*covers top*
>_>

Zen:
Its my chosen major bby, I plan to get my doctoral in the field.
Great point, take myself, I'm a fairly light sleeper so if you were to come over and whisper something in my ear(and I don't wake up to punch you in the face) then I would more then likely dream of it.

Jacob:
Lets do this thing! *epic finger pose*  
[29]~ Role Playing ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 914 915 916 917 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games