Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:16 pm
User Image
User Image
Sandra Link
World Studies Professor
Former Hufflepuff
User Image

Thoughts: How did the Boggart get here.
OOC:

Sandra watched as her conversation broke at the sight of a Boggart. She sighed and was going to go help, but noticed he could handle it. Then she listened to all of the other professors around her talk about the creature in the Great Hall.

"I think we should see what happens for know,"she said as she turned to see another professor she had not yet met.

She saw how handsome Giovanni was, but didn't show it much as they payed attention to the Boggart. She didn't want to make a big scene because it might frighten the students more than they already were.

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Ghost and Ghouls Study Professor
Flying Substitute Professor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Cinq contemplated Professor Cattani's suggestion for awhile before talking. "Professor Brighton seems to have the situation under control for now. There's no need to make a bigger deal than it already is." It seems that the other three tables are oblivious to the commotion at the Slytherin table. For now, at least.

Truly, there were unique exceptions in each and every species. An attack from all of the available professors would just drive away this one-in-a-million boggart. Or at worst, needlessly destroy the creature.

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:52 pm
Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Great Hall // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Regret Owens & other Professors
CURRENTLY FEELING // Surprised
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my word, how on earth did a Boggart get in here?'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Amata's eyebrows shot up when the professors were drawn to a commotion at the Slytherin table. There was a boggart in the Great Hall, going after students! She started to stand, but sat back down in her seat when the other professors noted that the Healer was handling the situation. She glanced around the table, wondering where the Care for Magical Creatures or Defense Against the Dark Arts professors were. From what she knew of boggarts, they didn't tend to like coming into bright, open spaces, particularly not crowded areas. "Isn't it quite unusual to see a Boggart in such a crowd? I thought they preferred to attack small numbers. After all, it must be hard to maintain the fear of a group when there are so many different fears to take advantage of." She tilted her head, watching as the Healer went after the Boggart. It was quite strange, really. What a start to the year! She turned to Regret. "You're the Divinations professor, what kind of an omen is this for the new year?" She was certain that it couldn't mean anything good.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"Dark," Regret said. "Fear." A boggart was considered to be a dark creature due to their need to feed on people's fears and their ability to shape-shift into a person's worst fear. Regret Owens couldn't bring himself to put on a happier face as he watched the Healer deal with the boggart and the commotion at Slytherin table.

"Perhaps this will forshadow an event or events filled with despair and anxiety," he predicted. "There's no way to be sure though. This may also be just a random unlucky encounter with a boggart during sorting."

{OOC; See what I did there? o3o}

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

ndure through the pain, to be rewarded with a gain.

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Tetsurga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:23 pm
Gino Cattani
||+||Sorcerer||+||Height: 6'2”||+||Weight: 180lbs||+||Age: 28||+||Hair: Black||+||Eyes: Green||+||Current Theme||+||
Magic is only as powerful as the mind that wields it. And power is always a relative concept.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image

Gino glanced at Moreau, recognizing the gleam in his fellow professor's eye as the latter continued to observe the boggart. That was the gleam of a scholar's fascination; in fact, Gino would bet that Professor Moreau would like nothing more than to study just how unique this particular boggart was. Chuckling, he replied "Very well, I guess that Professor Brighton will quietly handle this and we will continue with the evening's predictable and predetermined schedule."

Turning to the unknown blonde that had replied first he commented, "You're one of the new professors right? Gino Cattani al vostro servizio. Are you the World Studies professor? Or are you temporary like Professor Moreau is for Flying? Or Galewind, who is substituting for Lupinous." Meeting new teachers was always fun, it provided quite a bit of insight into their personalities and attitudes towards the job. Perhaps, he should make more of an effort to interact with his fellow colleagues.

Hearing the note of concern in Professor Harlowe's voice and Professor's Owens reply, Gino suppressed the urge to sigh. It seemed that Britain as a whole was a little too eager to wrap themselves up in gloom and doom. Directing his attention towards them he called out, "Perhaps it is a merely a sign of interesting things to come? After all a boggart is not in of itself a deadly creature, especially considering 13 year olds are taught how to handle them, at least I believe the curriculum covers it. The proper mental discipline ensures that any boggart is a trivial concern at best. Though I would bet the boggart is rather than a rare offshoot, merely a particularly starved boggart."

Turning back to the blonde he asked "So sorry, did you say something? I get distracted a little too easily at these meals."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thirteen families rose to support the Dark Lord, they would have succeeded if not for seven brave souls. Five fell in the defense of their home and country, the other two have vanished; but they are not forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:27 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law
Former Ravenclaw

Kendrick gave a sigh. He had no desire to deal with a boggart, not tonight and not ever. "Brighton does seem to have it, whatever the case may be," he murmured, returning to his book.

He listened with half-interest as the other professors spoke. Kendrick was content to read until someone directly engaged him.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:49 pm
User Image
User Image
Sandra Link
World Studies Professor
Former Hufflepuff
User Image

Thoughts: Very interesting...
OOC:

She kept her attention on the Boggart as she listened to the professor speak to her. Before Sandra could respond she listened to Regret speak about what he believed would come too this year. She listened carefully to what his omen was and then turned her attention back to Giovanni.

"Oh...I am the new World Studies professor," she said with a bright flirtatious smile."I can't wait to teach this year,"she said with another smile.

Sandra smiled before she looked around to see the Boggart again as she listened for a response. She sighed and looked back at all of the professors to hear what they were all saying.

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 pm
Amata Harlowe
CURRENTLY FEELING // Surprised
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my word, how on earth did a Boggart get in here?'

User Image

Amata frowned at Regret's response, nodding. She's suspected as much. She'd never been very good at Divination, but she knew enough to know that anything that stood out, anything remotely unusual that occurred, could be an omen of something to come. When the other professor cut in, she scowled a little at his trivializing her concerns. She raised her voice then, aware that he was involved in another conversation, but deciding to make her voice heard. After all, he'd not only rather rudely left his own conversation to interrupt hers, he'd also practically insulted her and Regret for being bothered by the events taking place. "Boggarts are only trivial to those who consider themselves above fear. Physically, they may be mostly non-threatening, but the fact remains that they speak to one of the darkest aspects of our psychology. And anything that can incapacitate us mentally is more than powerful enough to pose a real threat. The reason we teach thirteen-year-olds to defend against them isn't because thirteen-year-olds are capable of handling a weak creature; it's because we must be taught, from a young age, to overcome our fears, if we are ever to succeed at anything. And I am not one to trivialize any aspect of our world; any creature can be a threat, and any occurrence can be an omen of things to come. Perhaps people who are able to look back at many of these 'omens' and point out that they were just paranoia are only able to do so because someone paid attention and was on the lookout for the events the omen foretold, and were able to prevent them. In my experience, those who do not heed the signs often become victims of their own arrogance." She cocked an eyebrow at him before turning back to Regret. She might have made a bad impression, and she was aware that some of the other professors might take a disliking to her for her attitude, but she couldn't stand the man's attitude. "You could, of course, be right, and it could merely be an interesting occurrence, but I prefer to be aware of the possibility that it might be telling of things to come. That way, if something should happen, we can be ready." She, for one, would be on alert, watching for anything unusual happening, at least for the next couple of weeks.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Tetsurga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:52 pm
Gino Cattani
||+||Sorcerer||+||Height: 6'2”||+||Weight: 180lbs||+||Age: 28||+||Hair: Black||+||Eyes: Green||+||Current Theme||+||
Magic is only as powerful as the mind that wields it. And power is always a relative concept.
User Image

Gino wasn't blind by any means. He had noticed that his new peer was indeed a beautiful woman. And that perhaps, she might just be flirting with him. He couldn't be sure, his boredom might be making him read more deeply into her body language than appropriate. He grinned, "Well then, it's a pleasure to meet a new colleague. Myself, I teach Wandless Magic with a practical focus here at Hogwarts."

He muttered a quick incantation to fill his goblet with a bit of wine; Gino then took a sip before he asked, "As you are the new World Studies, I assume you've traveled extensively? If I may ask, where have you been?"

He then chuckled, "Oh my, I've been terribly rude. I now know you're the new World Studies teacher, but I'm afraid I haven't asked for your name. If you don't mind, might I ask what it is? I'm sure it's as lovely as you are."

Noticing that the boggart had yet to be handled at the Slytherin table, he frowned thinking, "How hard can it honestly be to handle one boggart?"

His train of thought was interrupted by Professor Harlowe's heavy-handed attempt to put Gino in his place; decrying him as an arrogant man who refused to see the signs. Though it irked him, he betrayed nothing with his features and replied with an calm grin schooling his features, "My esteemed colleague, at this table alone I can count fourteen things within arm reach with which I could kill someone. Four of which could be used as a magical alternative to a wand. To be worried about everything that could be construed as a sign or an omen ultimately leads to blinding oneself to the true threats that lurk in the shadows."

He sighed and gave the blonde an apologetic look before continuing, "Clearly, we come from two different schools of thought, I am simply expressing the opinion with which I was taught and that I later confirmed when concerning both boggarts and the fear they manifest. Now, I meant no offense: it was not my intent to trivialize your concerns, nor I do not fault you for your caution. It is after all, the purview of the individual to discern whether something is truly a threat or a happenstance. In this case, we disagree on the boggart's importance. Who knows, perhaps on the next incongruity we shall agree?"

He took another sip of his goblet before returning his attention to the new World Studies professora and her reply. Although he did keep an eye on the boggart, if it wasn't handled soon he would step in; irregardless of Professor Brighton's presence.
Thirteen families rose to support the Dark Lord, they would have succeeded if not for seven brave souls. Five fell in the defense of their home and country, the other two have vanished; but they are not forgotten.

(OOC: Yes I changed the name from Giovanni to Gino, I have become disenchanted with the name Giovanni. But not of the character who had it, if it's not too annoying, may we move on as if his name was always Gino? Thank you.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:55 pm
User Image
User Image
Sandra Link
World Studies Professor
Former Hufflepuff
User Image

Thoughts: Hmm finally the Boggart is taken care of...
OOC:

Sandra sighed as she watched the Boggart get taken care of by the healing professor and a Slytherin student. A small smile spread across her face as she waited until Gino quit speaking so she could answer. Sandra was quit taken by his apologetic look and this made her know he was a true gentlemen. When the man finally quite speaking she took a deep breath and spoke to him.

"My name is Sandra Link and I have traveled many places," she said with a gentle smile."Let's see I have been to America to study the muggles ways there and I have been to Russia to study dragons there,"she said as her face brightened as she thought of the great times she had in these places."I loved being around dragons because some are quit gentle others can be temperamental though,"she stated with a small chuckle."What about you? Have you traveled?"she said with another gentle smile.

Sandra looked at the professor that Gino seemed unfriendly towards and studied the woman. She sighed as she knew that it was quit stupid with what was going on with the Boggart.

Sandra turned back to Gino and smiled,"Oh excuse me as well I haven't caught you name either,"she said with another gentle smile.

User Image

User Image

User Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm
User Image

Mood: Excited
OoC: (())

Legilimency teacher/Wearing/Half-blood/ Former Hufflepuff

Allen leaned back in his chair, he had watched the whole business with the Boggart take place, but there was already enough people taking car of the mess so he decided to stay out of it. He didn’t want his greatest fear getting out anyways, the things of his mind stayed locked away inside there. That was why he was teaching Legilimency and not another subject. It seemed that Sandra Link was conversing with another professor so he decided to let her be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm
Amata Harlowe
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calm
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Well, it looks like the situation has been handled.'

User Image

Amata offered the other professor a nod, calming herself. She may have jumped to a rash conclusion, but then, she'd always been something of a hothead when it came to things that she had personal experience with. Fear was a powerful tool, and she would never make the mistake of ignoring it again. People who didn't consider it dangerous always got on her nerves; there'd been a time when she'd thought there was nothing she feared. When she'd found out otherwise, the cost had been high. "I am sorry if I reacted badly to your comment; I'm just rather sensitive when it comes to such things, fear in particular. I was in Gryffindor when I attended school; fear did not come naturally to me until I was taught a very valuable lesson about it. And, since I have known what fear can do when you don't give it due credit, I tend to consider it foolish to look upon it as trivial. As for it being an omen, again, I have experienced the effects of not reading the signs, and I would hate to make the same mistake again; nor would I wish for you, or anyone else at this table, to do so. My concerns may be colored by my past, but that does not make them pointless. So your implication that they were upset me greatly. But, you are quite right; it is merely a difference in our views." He was arrogant, but perhaps not quite as arrogant as she'd thought at first. She offered him a smile, and tilted her head. Hopefully, she hadn't made an enemy out of her fellow professor. Should her concerns prove to be well placed, every adult in the school would be charged with the lives of their students. Disquiet among them would only cause problems.

I think that Gino suits him better ^_^

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 pm
User Image
☽═━┈━┈━═☾
Anyanka Swan

Headmistress
☽═━┈━┈━═☾

Anyanka Swan, the Headmistress here at Hogwarts, nodded to Professor Evernight as she finished the Sorting and then rose from her seat. She moved to the podium and the owl spread its wings, ushering the room into silence. She smiled at all of the faces focusing on her. "Hello everyone. For those of you who were newly Sorted, I am Headmistress Swan. And to those of you who already know me, I say welcome back. This year will prove to be an exciting one. I expect all of you to compete for the House Cup and earn your House honor. I would like to remind all students that the Forbidden Forest is off limits to all students. And remember students what a wise man once said, he said, 'help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who need it.' Now, let us enjoy our Welcoming Feast!" With that, she clapped her hands and the food appeared on the tables.

⇨{Out of Character}⇦

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:40 pm
Gino Cattani
User Image

Gino responded tot he question with a mischievous grin, "Oh, my fault then for not introducing myself, Gino Cattani: born and raised in Sorcerous Italy. As for travel, I've been around my fair share of countries. I spent some time studying ancient ruins, toured through several of the Europe's countries for a bit. Even spent a good deal of time in the East. Nothing too dramatic or exciting."

The lie came far to easily to Gino's lips; but he had become too accustomed to hiding what he had done during his travels, it was simply better that way. Some people knew bits and pieces about his past, but thankfully: no one knew the whole of it. It was dangerous for people to know the truth, he had learned that lesson the hard way. Perhaps someone would be able to figure it out, after all it's not like he went out of his way to hide it. So far, no one had done so yet. Time might tell differently in the future.

He listened politely to the Headmistress' speech, though he had to suppress a snort about the House Cup, as he disagreed with the organization of the students. Nevertheless, once the food was served he allowed his voice to travel down the table as he said, "May you enjoy your meal."

Turning to Miss Link he added, Personally, I recommend the grilled shrimp Spanish style, a little messy but you're taste buds will thank you for the treat. Of course, all of the food is good.

Tetsurga

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:41 pm
User Image
~Professor Akira Astra~
| Arithmancy | Former Gryffindor |

═━Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ━═

Akira entered the Great Hall with another teacher on her arm. She had to help her best friend, Amity Carter, into the Hall and up to the Staff Table, with her being so heavily pregnant. Her strawberry blonde hair swished along her back as she walked, her amber eyes set on getting to the table. Once she arrived, she took her seat next to Amity and turned her attention to the other professors. "Sorry we're late. It takes a little longer for her to get down the hallways now, and I just had to stop and help her. Did I miss anything exciting? How was the Sorting?" she said, not really addressing anyone in particular. The new professor was excited to say the least, even if she only had two students in class this year. She would have to make sure she attended the Quidditch matches, as well. This year brought new challenges, but also promises of greatness.

{OOC:}

Wearing

═━Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ━═

If people do not believe that mathematics is simple,
it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games