Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 pm
Internet service providers tend to be slow on the set up sometimes stare I remember it taking a bit when the spouse and I moved into this apartment. We were just talking about this earlier today, actually. What made the process even more frustrating for the spouse in particular was the fact that their career is based on this type of stuff, so they know a lot about it and the technicians not only spoke to them like they were completely IT illiterate, but also tried to say things the spouse knew not to be true about why it was taking so long. They even tried to convince us multiple times on different occasions that our modem wouldn't work and we had to scrap it and buy a modem from them. We didn't because we had JUST bought it, and of course in the end, they turned out to be completely wrong and it works just fine.

In other news, before starting the conversion, I decided to copy and paste all the chapters so far into a google document for ease of edits later since each chapter being its own file, while making it easier for copy pasta onto wattpad, made it harder to see the bigger picture; an aspect of the bigger picture being total word count. The grand total so far according to google docs (not including the croquet scene): 40,462

In other words, we've crossed over from novella into novel territory. While 40k is "short" for a novel, given how much we have left to go, we'll probably be surpassing 50k words by the end of it. Granted, there are some things that I will probably go back and cut later after the ending has been written, but there will be things that I add too. I'm avoiding making any sweeping changes until the end has been written, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:59 pm
I agree that internet companies are a pain when dealing with stuff. ******** just trying to get on the phone with someone to say "Hey, we're moving. I need this appointment" was a pain. I got cut off from the first rep and when I tried again the next day the 2nd one was worse and was like trying to deal with Speedy the Sloth from Zootopia and I finally had to politely as I could hang up without screaming at her and her literally asking me to repeat parts of the address or have long pauses of no responses. scream

Then the roomie that's sticking with me in this move said he had a friend who worked for our internet provider and thankfully got us an appointment set up on the day of our move no worries. My main concern is we're on FIOS and they had to set up this gigantic thing in our current apartment. Which IDK if we're gonna be able to do in our new one. So I'm hoping that this will be as painless as can be.
stare  

Anira Tiernay

Self-sustaining Businesswoman

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 pm
I hate calling the internet company. cat_gonk A couple of times when I called, sat on hold for 45 minutes, then got disconnected. That's part of the reason why I passed that job off to a roommate this time. I don't have to deal with it anymore. cat_ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pm
Internet... I have 2 choices: Century Link (slower than dirt) or Comcast. Price is about the same (through the roof) and customer service is lacking either way.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 am
So, I did this instead of work on the conversion all day yesterday.

The Perfect Match

I sat to count upon the years I’d spent completely bored to tears
A black sheep, of sorts, amongst my peers. My friends were very few.
Pondering on the things I had: an empty house; an empty bed.
An empty display case painted red. A bachelor through and through.

Though, in solitude, I was quite content, I questioned those years I had spent
And wondered what it all had meant. It was all so very dull.
I kept in shape. I paid the bills. I did my job. I trained my skills.
But where was the excitement? Where were the thrills!? I grew tired of this lull.

And in that moment I had found a fountain of wicked ideas abound
Idle hands are the devil’s playground, and I let him have his way.
I perused through my phone’s app store knowing just what I was looking for.
A list of potential victims galore! Time for me to play.

I flipped through all the bachelorettes whining about their student debts
Money grubbing degenerates; surely they won’t be missed.
It took time for my eye to catch a pleasant image within the batch.
But to my delight, it was a match, and we arranged our tryst.

As a fit and handsome man of thirty, with a great career and financially sturdy
Who would possibly suspect me? This opportunity’s too good.
Such bright eyes and a pretty face, her head would look good in my case
To let it age would be a waste. She’d thank me if she could.

And on that fateful night we went straight to her small apartment
Not a single other soul was present, which wasn’t very wise.
As to the bedroom she was drawn, I realized my knife was gone!
I must have strapped it on me wrong; I’d have to improvise.

That statuette? No. Far too brutal. That would surely crack her skull!
And that would make all this futile. There must be a better way.
Then something within began to stir. My vision soon became a blur.
My pulse rapid. My speech a slur. I whirled around in dismay.

She soon rejoined me, clad in a teddy, whispering that she was ready.
Suddenly, I became unsteady, and fell right to the floor.
She snickered, “My, that poison’s quick!” And my eyes grew wide with panic!
It must have been in her lipstick when she kissed me at the door.

With shuddered breath, I began to cry, “This isn’t how I want to die!
Ask for anything and I’ll comply!” My skin was growing pale.
She said, as she put on a glove, “It’s nothing personal love,
But I’m quite bored and tired of a life so very stale.

As a dainty woman under thirty, so cutesy and a little nerdy
Who would possibly suspect me? This opportunity’s too good.
And with your strong eyes and pretty face, your head would look good in my case
To let it age would be a waste. Now thank me, like you should!”

I realized, then, the agony, to have such thoughts be thought of me
Is this what they call irony? Perhaps ‘karma’s a better word.
All hope I held within me dropped; within my chest, my heart had stopped
And from my neck, my head was lopped. Not a sound from me was heard.

I left this world with no one knowing where it was that I was going
And with no clear implications showing, she easily got away.
Helplessly, my ghost observed as deftly my head was preserved.
Perhaps I got what I deserved as I muse on it this day.

What did I think I had to gain? Just what had gone wrong in my brain?
No matter my boredom or disdain for the life that I had built,
In no way did it justify becoming the kind of guy
To kill someone just to watch them die! But it’s too late for guilt.

More heads are added as years go by. I can’t pass on. I don’t know why.
If I could just have one ally, but in solitude I stay.
Gradually, her interest wanes, but on her shelf, my head remains.
Her very first of many claims. A trophy for her display.

This forever frozen man of thirty, collecting cobwebs and getting dirty
Such neglect has befallen me as my keeper is no-good.
Sometimes I see her face to face as she ogles my head in her case
My life became a complete waste. I’d change it if I could.

Based on a story idea some chick had in a writing chat room I joined. Come to think of it, I might have told this same chick that her opening line for her own version of it was overly poetic....

Anyway, back to work on the conversion emotion_facepalm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:14 pm
*note to self*
always bring backup poison.  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Anira Tiernay

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:51 pm
Lil Brat
Internet... I have 2 choices: Century Link (slower than dirt) or Comcast. Price is about the same (through the roof) and customer service is lacking either way.

I've actually never had issues with Comcast customer service wise. Only reason we left them originally was they were still too expensive after we got rid of our cable portion and our lease was going up. And now that Frontier isn't available in our new place, (after all that hell) Comcast is the only system we can do because CenturyLink and Wave aren't available either to our location.

Frontier is flaming pile in a bag s**t. They are literally fitted for the saying "you get what you pay for". I will never go back to them after we're done with this move.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm
Anira Tiernay
Lil Brat

I've actually never had issues with Comcast customer service wise. Only reason we left them originally was they were still too expensive after we got rid of our cable portion and our lease was going up. And now that Frontier isn't available in our new place, (after all that hell) Comcast is the only system we can do because CenturyLink and Wave aren't available either to our location.

Frontier is flaming pile in a bag s**t. They are literally fitted for the saying "you get what you pay for". I will never go back to them after we're done with this move.
Comcast service is hit and miss for me, but I live in the middle of nowhere so... Between the two I can get, it's easier to bundle with Comcast (phone, internet, cable) as it's actually cheaper than Century Link that way. Still hitting close to $200 for services though. The more rural areas have higher rates, the rationale is "cost of cabling," so they say.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Ghost of Lily

Shameless Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 pm
Ohhohooho, filming, heehee. *Plots*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:52 pm
*Thoughtspeaks to the ghastly-ghostly,* "Ooh-ho-ho, someone forgets it was the Angelic side of her Ladyship that sorted the Ghost -out- of Lily. Then again, maybe she could put together a little curse to purify a certain dirty minded, foul-playing, twisted, interfering, trouble-making spirit. The kind that would trick a poor widow into believing the "ghost" of her dearly departed approved of a certain engagement..."

*A cloud of ice-steam flows out through the room, leaving a cold fog in the room as the Ghost's nostrils flare and her voice echos in Brat's head.* " I'd remind a certain... half-ling... just whose idea it was that a certain innocent ghost would be called away to trick that poor Italian widow."

"Innocent?" cough-cough "Ivan's little Ghost-Friday, was suddenly an innocent." *Snickers* "Not too difficult to persuade a spirited little puff of air to accommodate a demon or two in exchange for a favor. Puh-lease. Stop messing around and just enjoy the show for once. Maybe if you're extra nice, we'll locate an unsuspecting body you can possess long enough to have a nice drink, hmmm?"

*Contemplates for a moment, before settling in next to Brat.* "I have been enjoying the show. The human reaction to a little supernatural is always good for a laugh." *Her eyes watch the action, seeking an unsuspecting drinker to inhabit for awhile.* twisted  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Wretched Soul
Crew

Shameless Hunter

1,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:48 pm
Other Soul, you've got two polls and neither one has a "Gets handed a good stiff drink" option.

Thinks Soul has forgotten he's playing with the MW Ladies.

If the ladies string you up for a game of Pin the Tail, that's on you man.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am
Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time. emotion_facepalm  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 am
For those lurking around that are bored, have this alignment test emotion_awesome

I never played D&D, but I'm a sucker for personality tests. As such, I decided to take this one a few times. I could do it for each character, but I got bored after the third one. Even so, the results were pretty interesting:

Tes (the character) got chaotic evil.
Miro got lawful good.
Real life me got true neutral.

As such, it reinforces the idea that Tes and Miro form a balance. Although, now that I've typed all this out, I'm curious where Ryzan's alignment would be...

*slips away to take the test again*
Also chaotic evil apparently.... and with more points in it than Tes. In fact, Ryzan's overall results are more evil leaning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:52 pm
Neutral Good, no surprise there really.  

Anira Tiernay

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Hauk Ulfr

Loyal Hellraiser

17,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:04 pm
Also Neutral Good......*looks to Lia* See what you guys did to my noble Viking Heritage? My ancestors would make me a laughing stock!  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff