Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:25 pm
"Just because a Death God is lending me its power, doesn't mean that I want you dead you dolt ... I have plenty of other reasons." Holding her own rope that was not secure on one end.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 am
(So, I'm a little confused here but what it sounds like is Ruin is trying to cross on Kuori's rope while pulling a different rope that he gave one end to Revenge to hold. if that is the case then... )

While it is not elegant looking, Ruin manages to pull himself across the chasm on Kuroi's line, dragging the extra rope along with him. The party now has two lines across though Ruin still has to secure the rope Revenge is holding to some object.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-40)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 pm
(You are correct.)
"Wait, What!?"

Taking a moment to retrieve his mining helmet and to lit it. "Tadda!” The short teifling would bow before looking for a place he anchor this end to.

"As I thought, There be rocks over here too."
Perception + 4 =12
Thievery(because knots) +3 =12  
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 pm
"Don't worry about it, Ruin. She's just trying to rattle your cage. Probably."

Revenge would look around a bit, before deciding on a sturdy enough rock to tie a rope to.

Quote:
Thievery +1 = 13

"I hope this is secure enough. This really isn't my area of expertise..." he would say aloud, in case anyone wanted to check his work. Once Ruin secured his end, he would pluck the rope to check it's tautness.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:07 pm
"My expertise is in selling my soul, failing until I succeed and rushing toward death. And yet that somehow produces independent and successful students, like Illya...Strange..." the hexblade would jump up and sit on the Revenge/Ruin rope to test if their knots would completely support at least his weight.  
PupSage rolled 3 20-sided dice: 13, 15, 15 Total: 43 (3-60)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:59 pm
(Thievery 13+3=16. To tie a knot.)
(Athletics 15/15 +10=25 to cross.)

"Uh ..." Kuori begins to tie a knot, but those on her side of the divide can hear her under her breath saying, "Little bunny Fufu, ran around the stalagmite, then he went up for air before going underground, then he looped back, went and went under-dark. Annnnd pull!" She seems proud of herself. Skipping the bridge method for a commando styled monkey bar journey across, hanging from the rope and moving hand over hand with her powerful muscles. Pulling herself up at the end and huffing, "Thats ... harder in metal armor."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:36 am
Revenge would observe quietly as Kuori was the second one to cross. He would shift his posture, his plate mail clanking ever so slightly.

Between his armor, shield, halberd, and longsword, that was 81 pounds of gear by itself. He had worked up a level of whole-body endurance by lugging it around all the time, but he lacked in the true power that Valac, Ilikan, and Kuori had, while easily outweighing Ruin.

"So, I can proceed in two ways," Revenge would say aloud, so the two across the gap could hear. "And that really depends on the answers two of you give."

He would turn to Irene. "Do you have enough extradimensional holding space for my equipment, if my party is willing to wait around to allow me to doff and re-don my armor?"

He would turn to Valac. "And - as a Barbarian, this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: how confident are you that you could throw a paladin across a ravine?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:23 pm
"Ruin, give me your manacles real quick. I'd be pretty sad if Revenge fell to his death." She looks to Revenge. "There is a third option. Let me rig up the training wheels for you. We used to do this for the younger children when we'd go spelunking."

Assuming he agrees Kuori will cuff one around her line, and tie her personal length of rope around it, sending it across, holding hers in one hand. "Tie a harness around yourself, tie it to the manacle, then tie my rope around your waist and I will pull you across. We can do the same for Irene."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:50 pm
"Sure." He said handing the manacles over. "Though, I am partial to seeing Valac throw someone. We also have the body-sized bags. So, there is a plan D. We could fashion a sky boat or gondola. And the could drag it across."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:21 am
"Oh I can throw you across Revenge ha-ha!" Chuckled Valac, "It's whether you can catch that cliff face on the way down."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:27 pm
((Sorry, I missed Revenge's question from earlier.))

Irene would respond to Revenge's question. "Oh, sure I can carry your stuff. I have a bag of holding that is mostly empty right now. "

Kuori has no problem tying her rope of and climbing across. Two party members are now across the chasm, leaving Revenge, Valac, Irene and Ilikan still on the other side.

For a moment, Ilikan thinks he hears something from inky black in the chasm below, something like a soft click, but then there is nothing further.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 am
"It's all the armor I'm worried about, more than my lack of athletic ability. I don't want the rope to snap because I'm too heavy. So Irene and Valac have both confirmed we have options: Is everyone patient enough for me to change out and back into my armor, or do we want Valac to ballista me across instead?"

One of the two plans was preferable to Revenge, but his companions' feelings mattered too.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:41 am
Illikan figured better safe than yeeted, much as he wanted to see Valac get a chance to huck someone. Maybe he could do it with someone less friendly later. Bemused, he started just to walk up to help Revenge when something caught his attention.

Frowning, he went to the edge of the chasm, kneeling down by the edge and listening carefully.

"Hush. And keep the armor on a moment," his eyes flashing for a moment to the slitted yellow again, pupils growing wide until they all but filled his eyes as he stared down the chasm- but tried to focus on listening.

[Minor action: Eyes of the Hawk]
[Perception: 1d20+10+11=26]

If he couldn't find any other signs, he'd stand back up with a "Nevermind. Getting paranoid," and start to help Revenge with removing the armor.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:27 pm
Kuori looked to Illikan, "Hooked horrors tend to make nest in canyons like this ... they are not as bad as ropers individually, but make up for it in numbers. Make a choice Revenge, otherwise we are going to end up fighting on two sides. I made it across in my armor, you should be just fine."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:50 am
Taking out a Sunrod from his pack, before lighting it and tossing it into the hole.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games