Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:57 pm
((I recently found out that one of my knives, a simple dagger with a brass handle, belonged to a witch-- a real devil dealing witch. Thankfully it's been purified and clensed now. It has a sort of badass battle-used look, which I don't doubt.))

I nodded and observed the grand interior and the people around me. I found myself soon seated at the head of the long table, and I smiled again, relaxing in the comfortable chair in which I sat.

I notied Rey hand off a small box to a man in blue, who then approached me. I watched him as he bowed in the Northen fashion as he presented the box to me. I took it and placed it upon the table and bowed back to him, before opening the box and peering inside.

It was a beuitful pin, of a golen leaf covering the Northern gears. I smiled and picked it up, holding it up to the light and admiring it. I closed my eyes and held it in my left hand, closing my fingers over it. I went still for a long moment, before opening my eyes and replacing ti as my clasp to my cloak.

~~~

Odessa clapped her hands. Good choice! It resonates well with you.

She picked up a whetstone, a rag, and some mineral oil, and the blacksmith (who had been watching) gave Eva the matching sheathe. With a shallow palm-over-fist bow to the blacksmith lead Eva away from the forge and to a quiet area not far from the lab.

She set down the stuff at a small low table and settled down in a lotus postion next to it. She handed Eva the polishing rag and the mineral oil, and gestured for her to sit as well.

I will sharpen it after you polish it. Remeber-- never allow the blade to EVER taste blood. It will have to destroyed afterward.

Odessa started toying with her own black blade again.

I wonder when the blade will tell you it's name? She asked with a smile.

~~~

The teacher had noticed Layla when she came in, but it was now that the woman had chose to act.

"Greetings. Would you like to join us for this lesson?"

The woman did recognize layla, but whether or not Layla recognized her the teacher didn't know. She had been another student of Aerlio, and had learned alongside Lukas and Layla (when Layla was there) in the classroom.

((I've noticed something. The factions that put an emphasis on art, like North and Northwest, are very sucessfull, while factions like East and West are who only focused on destroying the simulation are slowly dieing.))

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:16 pm
((Awesome. surprised Yeah, I'd hate to own something like that when it hasn't been cleansed... I can't see or feel spirits directly, but I've experienced the physical effects they produce. Mom once had candles thrown at her from across the room, and other random objects have fallen or relocated for no apparent reason. And they like to mess with my iPod dock, which always annoys me. >_>))

As Scarlet put on the pin, starting with the people furthest down the table on the left side, each member of the guard made his or her dedication to the new monarch: "I shall weave any piece of your desire, be it grand tapestry or humble cloak. None will bear any fairer than that which adorns you, madam." "I will strive to sate your most exotic appetites, to always prepare a most worthy meal to sustain the very life and face of this faction." "What ever you might require, I shall retrieve it at once in the very fashion dictated to me." "For as long as I shall stand, my body be thy shield. May my blade be mightiest, and forever protect the lifeblood of our people." "With the utmost dignity and grace, I will possess my larger self to guard these walls. Should I fail, deem my head the most fitting to occupy the wall of shame." "In times of dire need, you may count on me to settle the tensions amongst other peoples." "I shall never allow for your boredom to become evident; just beckon for me, and the grandest of shows will go on for only your eyes to behold." Finally, it was Rey's turn, "I will craft with my capable hands the mechanical self of lady Scarlet, should you allow for me this honor. Never have my puppets failed, and never shall I plan for them to do so. This machine will be the most maintained and beholden, a piece so fitting for the marvelous world we lost to war."

• • •

Eva smiled, "I... didn't even know what I was doing, honestly. I just liked its shape." She admitted sheepishly before kneeling near the table. She took the rag and oil, and began polishing the blade carefully. "If it can never taste blood, then why sharpen it? Isn't it just more of a hazard when it's sharp? What if I stumble and accidentally cut myself?"
She stared at her own reflection as the metal became smoother and shiny, fascinated by how the metal's shape distorted her image. It took her a moment to realize Odessa's last statement, "Wait... they have names?"

• • •

Layla chuckled and shrugged nonchalantly, "It's been years since I last tried to play with fire. My skill has been dulled to near nonexistence by machine-based society. I doubt that I could so much as make it turn one direction anymore..." She declared with uncertainty in her voice, "I was just passing by, but when I saw this class I couldn't help but remember..."
She did not recognize this woman, as far too many names and faces occupied her mind from years of being monarch. At first, she was hesitant, but that desire to re-learn that which she ignored as a youth came back. Layla nodded slowly, "...Sure, I'll join in."

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:20 pm
In a world that never understands you...

"((Also, the arts thing is likely due to the mindset of the people — factions like NW and N are content to live in their own ways, and can sustain life without a predefined purpose. Whereas, since E and W base their purposes on destruction, to fail in that sole purpose is to lose all reason for life. The more advanced societies have creativity, because they realize that life shouldn't only be about destroying other life. ))"

...the machines will always understand your pain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:59 pm
((Indeed.))

I blushed when they started their pledges. Wow. They are offering up all of their skill and life to me... Well, of all things, I will do my best! I thought. When it came to Rey's plege I had to give a ever so slightly akward smile. Oh, right. I berated myself inwardly. I'm the leader of a faction who makes use fo mechs for war. My mother came from this faction, after all. Not all it does, but their leader is obligated, maybe not required, to have one... Looked at Rey, and the others, I knew I couldn't turn them down... nor let them down. But it would take one hell fo a mech for someone like me to use...

I lifted up a glass of white grape juice and drank from it. I feel sorry for the mechs she's gonna give me. They're going to break. I put the glass down and smiled, the sliver of my sudden nervousness gone from my expression and movements.

~~~

Yes, they have names. And that is why they are sharpened. It's like never teaching a child to walk, or to speak. To have a dull knife is to insult it's very nature.

Odessa lifted up her black blade. She balanced it tip frist on her pointer finger, yet it did not draw blood from her.

Eventually, how sharp it is will not matter.

She then flipped it and caught it hilt first. She held it up.

This is Nightshade. It was used before the war by an assassin-- it still bears the marks of the lives ended by it's edge. But it has been clensed and redeemed, and now no longer tastes human blood and flesh.

She slid it back into it's sheathe. And yes, knives have names. They even have a will of their own. Yes, it has a will. Nightshade has a will. That blade resonated with you, so it guided you to pick it up. the question is, will the knife tell you it's name? I know it's name, but I will not say. It is for you to find out.

~~~

((I haven't got this far yet, so for now...))

The teacher happily accepted Layla into her class, and started explaining how one went about manipulating flame. She tried to make it as clear as possible, at least, as clear as words could make it. The children watched layla, curious, before going back to their own candles.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:47 pm
(( ninja ))

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:41 am
(( ninja ))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 pm
((Guess I should get back to this before it's completely dead.... sweatdrop ))

Genesis had wandered back to Layla's now-empty room, seated next to the bed. He held her sword in his lap, examining its unusual shape and material. Its presence was very familiar to that unreachable side of himself, those phantom memories from a life he had not lived. This weapon would have saved his life, had Aerilo not hesitated to destroy another...
The Caretaker stood, blade gripped firmly in one hand. He imitated a few strikes in slow motion, taking great care not to damage the treasured blade, noting just how it moved through the air. It was oddly agile and swift, which differed from the standard blade that he was equipped with. Just a few modifications, and it would prove to be ideal for Genesis.
He gently set the sword down where it had been before, then ventured back out into the caverns. The robot mentally plotted out the construction of a similar weapon, which he could implement directly into the structure of his arm. Except, the modification would slightly alter his dimensions, which would require a new exoskeleton design... He halted as he detected Nova's presence in the next room. She could probably help.
Genesis approached the fembot, "Nova, I noticed how you have managed to change your own appearance, and was wondering if you would be willing to assist me in a small project? Consider it like an upgrade; I'm trying to change my identity. I am no longer to be associated with the government, and so I wish to shed the remnants of their hold on me."

• • •

Eva finished polishing it before she handed the blade off to Odessa for sharpening. She thought briefly about Nightshade's past, and a new question bubbled up to the surface of her mind, "Were there people like the Northwesterners in the world before the war? How were they regarded by others in society...?"

• • •

Layla knelt down at the empty station nearest the entrance, next to a couple of the slightly older students. It must've been amusing to the kids for an adult to be just as clueless as they were, if not more so. She listened intently as she stared at the small flame, recognizing a few aspects of the lecture from her youth.
The fire remained unchanging for a long time, and Layla felt her frustration starting to build up. Her gaze turned into more of a glare as time progressed. She was about to give up altogether, until the little candle flame started to shrink and waver, as if it were about to die away. She immediately calmed, trying to preserve its life. Slowly, its size and brightness returned to normal, seeming to flicker in time to her heartbeat. Layla relaxed her posture and allowed her eyes to unfocus slightly, watching as the flame started to gradually distort in shape.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:10 pm
((Yay! Finally!))

Genesis found himself once again in Gerald's lab. Nova and the 'Mad Scientist' had been conversing quite fluently in his language of 'Science'.

They both stopped to look at him attentively when he came in and asked for Novas help. She nodded and smiled.

Very well! What do you have in mind? She had a big grin on her face; it was kind of unnerving as she messed with some metals and minerals in a pot...

~~~

Odessa nodded. She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow as she thought of an explination. We did exist. As we do now. Northwestener is what we are known as now; before the people used an incorrect term... though, with how limited words and language IS, it is the best term to use, even if it's not... correct. They regarded people like us as... mystics.

~~~

The other children watched Layla, as did the teacher. She noticed when the candle was about to die thanks to Layla's frustration; she was about to come up behind Layla and comment when Layla got herself under control.

With a silent nod she then moved on still keeping an eye on all of the students, Layla included...

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:23 pm
Genesis greeted Gerald with a slight bow of the head, then gave Nova a quick thanks. He glanced over to the nearest monitor in the lab, and wirelessly sent his design for the blade to it. On the screen appeared the image of a type of scimitar, with a broader blade and carved-out shapes of curved lines, crescents and stars. Upon first inspection, the shapes would seem to be merely for appearance; yet the missing sections would help improve the weapon's ability to flow through air, and would also act as a cheese-grater effect to flesh. Throughout the metal of the blade were specks of a translucent stone, and the sharp edge was coated by an icy-blue material that seemed to be a strange type of plastic.
He gestured toward the image on the screen, "I wish to remove a good portion of the weaponry already installed, and to replace it with this design. I chose to incorporate a great deal of synthetic material due to the frailty of most weaponry to robotic strength. I can easily craft this piece and its components on my own..." Genesis flexed his arm, resulting in the panels of metal folding out from the internal structure, "However, even after the removal of my default arsenal, its installation would alter my external dimensions. Thus, I shall require new paneling systems and armor to fit around it. And... on a personal level, I would like a slightly more 'human' form — in honor of the man who has shared his memory with me."

• • •

"I see..." Eva glanced down at the ground, began dragging her fingers through the layer of dirt to create swirly designs, "Was it a shameful trait to be a 'mystic'? Did people avoid them like they do with you and Scarlet in the simulation?"

• • •

It took Layla by complete surprise when the flame started to curve off to one side, then arched around itself in a hollow oval just above the wick. At the outer edge of the oval formed a partial arrowhead, pointing upward in the direction of the oval's continuation. It was the symbol she had always imagined for infinity or rebirth.
She frowned at the symbol in confusion, and her loss of concentration caused it to return to normal. Why did it choose that shape? To create a shape, one had to be consciously aware of the design they were creating... yet, she hadn't even recalled that symbol in years.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:05 am
Nova nodded. She wandered about collecting things from here or there. Odd random meterials plus some that Genesis would identify as meterials he would need for his blade.

What form do you desire to seperate yourself from the government?

Gerald made a comment in his odd language and she nodded and responded. She collected another bit here and another bit there still attentive to Genesis.

~~~

Odessa shrugged. Shameful? No. The human race fears to look back. They fear to look inward. They fear ro look inward and feel like they've erred, and to judge themselves. Even now they are content to think of themselves as frail and victems of forces out of their control. We 'Mystics'? We embrace what it means to be human. We have honor, and are capable of kindness and gentleness. But we are also capable of being ruthless, manipulative, and commiting acts of great cruelty. We do not supress our anger; or instict in favor or logic-- we embrace both. We are humanity to it's fullest.

She took the blade that had sung to Eva, then started oiling the stone. Then she started sharpening. As she did so the blade made a sharp shing sound with each stroke of the whetstone.

People... sense what we are, without realizing it. We remind them of what they themselves have forgotten. But since it has been so long, they see us as alien and dangerus. That is why people avoid us. Even before the Great War this was true. It has been true since Alexander the Great slaughtered a temple full of the people who founded our arts.

~~~

The children watched Layla and smiled when she made her symbol. The teacher had noticed and gave a quiet knowing grin. Maybe she knew some after all.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:27 pm
Okami Ameras

Genesis remained silent for a short time while he recalled Aerilo's memories, trying to get a clearer picture in his head of what the man had looked like. He tilted his head, "I would like to wear a guise of flesh. Not true flesh, as that would quickly become impractical for my current form, but merely the appearance of it. And some equivalent to human hair, preferably short and black. My eyes may remain this way; I do wish to maintain some semblance of my real existence, some identifier which can separate a man from a machine. And for my attire, the design matters not to me, so long as its shades have coordination with the weapon."

The Caretaker withdrew a small, rough stone from the supplies which Nova collected. He captured it tightly between his index finger and thumb, gradually applying higher amounts of pressure to the rock. It shifted unstably, threatening to crumble to dust, but instead hardened into a clear, crystalline substance as the robot emanated heat from his hand. Genesis examined it carefully before setting the stone down, satisfied with its durability. He repeated this process dozens of times, creating a pile of the crystal on a tabletop. Next, he located pellets of several required substances, which would later become the plastic shell. The robot was about to start crafting it, until he realized Gerald was still present. This manufacturing process would need open exposure to high radiation, which could prove to be deadly to humans...

• • •

The truck sped up to no avail. Behind it chased an ominous, shadowy beast, easily thrice the size of the vehicle itself, which walked upon six insectoid limbs. Chris peeked out of the sunroof, his gun trained perfectly on the creature's torso. He was about to unleash a shot—
The truck swerved suddenly to the right, causing the boy's attack to uselessly fly past its target. He aimed again, but was violently jostled against the metal frame by a series of quick turns. Chris kicked Devon in the arm, "Would you make up your goddamn mind! I'm tryin' to kill this thing!"
Devon winced, steering the vehicle into another drastic turn. He felt the wheels begin to falter beneath them, immediately slammed on the brakes to prevent it from rolling over. They halted at once, but their pursuer did not. In an instant, the hulking insectoid passed overhead, its belly perfectly exposed...
The boy was quick to use this opportunity. He unloaded several rounds into its flesh, shattering the dismal armor which covered its stomach. There was a deafening screech, and the beast fell forward into the sand. Every Westerner was tense, and nearly all held a weapon of some sort as they awaited its return. But, on closer inspection, there was something incredibly odd about the creature; there was no blood, and instead, sparks and smoke flew from its core.

• • •

The darkness of night fell heavy around the flesh-bearing Nemesis as she exited the tower. Her wounds had been repaired by bloodstream nanobots, and a concentrated injection of nutrients would fight back the need for food for several days. Nemesis proudly bore the identity of Layla as she began her journey to Northern.

Shane remained in the lab, his focus not on Nemesis's departure but on a monitor of the simulation. He glanced once at the digital clock, then twice at the confirmation window on the screen. As the clock struck midnight, he pressed Accept.
There was an abrupt alarm throughout the facility, a single warning scream which alerted the many workers and robots to the coming change. The simulation would commence shutdown in ten days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:29 am
In a world that never understands you...

"((Bump~))"

...the machines will always understand your pain.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 pm
Nova looked to Genesis and giggled.

Are you sure that method is what you desire? I know of a safer and easier method to create what you need.

Gerald smiled. "SCIENCE!"

She somehow blushed and smiled. Gerald helped me come up with it. Nanomachiene programming.

~~~

Odessa and Eva appeared to have settled down right infront of a dining area. Numerus smells wafted from the cavern, and all of them smelled mouth watering.

Isabella walked out, drinking of all the delightful things that tempted with the delihtful smell... a protien shake. She looked to Odessa and Eva and waved.

Mother! How can you drink that stuff??

She stuck out her tounge. It's not my fault all you can digest is practically meat.

All you eat are protien shakes and vitamins practically.

I can feel them working~! Isabella said with a laugh.

Odessa glared. I'd take a good vension steak over a protien shake any day...

Isabella walked off, and Odessa watched her go. One of the forgemasters from erlier walked past, muching on a very large veggie wrap made entirely with wild greens and roots. He waved to Odessa and Eva vbefore continuing past.

So Eva... What do you notice about the people walking in and out of that cavern? What are they eating? She gestured inside the Cavern that was serving the food, which looked like a cafeteria serving high class soul food.

If Eva paied attention, some of the people tended to eat mostly one thing or another. The large men who worked the forge were eating veggie wraps and salads. Others were eating large juicy steaks and wild fowl exclusively. Some, like Isabella, didn't bother with much food and all, and went for sythetic stuff.

Others were eating a little bit of everything. Some of these people were unbelievely thin, and others were a bit heavier...

But of course, there were those that ate a combonation of meat and veggies...

~~~

I soon found myself standing in my new quarters, looing out a window over the city of North. I glanced about. There was a few people going about and putting my things in their places.

I looked to one of them.

Tell me... is this Layla's old quarters?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 pm
Genesis paused, considered this. He was still befuddled as to how Nova managed to make any sense of the man's language, but merely smiled along in response.
"I suppose that would be better... I'm just old-fashioned, I guess. I'm used to self sufficiency, which is why they equipped me with essentially everything...even nuclear power."

• • •

Eva watched as people passed, a bit humored by their choices of a meal. It seemed rather ironic that the muscular craftsmen were the vegetarians. She appeared slightly confused, "They seem to favor either meat or vegetation. Not much variety, actually. Why is that?" She asked.
As they sat there, a deep, distant buzzing filled the back of her mind. It was like audible static. She focused on the noise, half expecting to start seeing numbers again. But this was different. Eva remained conscious and aware of her surroundings, though her vision temporarily flashed to a blackened state. Amidst the darkness appeared a few lines of nonsensical code, and beneath it, written in bold red letters, was a single comment:
Authentication error: User LifeFile cannot be found. System shutdown = 239:58:37.
She blinked twice, and the message was dismissed.

• • •

The bedroom was vast and extravagant, just like any other room of the palace. Each wall was bathed in accents of red and gold, and a spherical gold chandelier hung from the ceiling. A strange series of masks occupied a wall-mounted rack, each unique from any other. Some appeared human, others more machine-like, and the rest were something completely different. The furniture was mostly made from a gold-colored metal, except for the bed: It was a grand canopy bed, sculpted of cherrywood to look like four wispy, female figures reaching for the heavens to support the heavy crimson curtains. Bells hung from numerous locations around the ceiling, mainly by the grand window.
Two more rooms were attached to this one; a garage, and a library. The garage was incredibly large, with mech-sized entryways leading to the outside. It was currently empty of a machine to house, but held an incredible amount of tools and charging docks and spare pieces. The library was much smaller, and contained almost no real books; instead, they were the pre-war's equivalent. Each cover looked and felt genuine, but as they were opened, a holographic display was projected above. They were three-dimensional, computerized plays of each story. There were dozens of these books on the well-kept shelves, with a few personal journals and sketchbooks mixed in.
The servant, a middle-aged woman, glanced up to Scarlet, "Yes, my lady. I do apologize for the mess; we haven't had long to clean up, as we had expected Layla to return as usual..."

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 pm
Nova nodded, and picked up a jar of familar silver liquid. This was the final piece she needed.

She went back to the meterials and put them in a large vat.

Can you please send me the guise you want to take on? And what ever functions you want this shell to have?

~~~

All humans have an elemental type. Isabella, My mother is a Stone type. Speccfically, her path is the Stone Wheel. My Father is a Vine path. I am a Water Lotus, and Scarlet is a Firecat. Your path is Living Wind.

She nodded back to the dining cavern.

The big forgemasters are Fire types. What does Fire burn best? Odessa nodded to the table with them.

~~~

I nodded to myself.

May you please prepare a chilled glass of Carrot juice for me? Leave it in here. And then... Have everyone leave the palace for about an hour. No one is to be here but me.

I started looking about, taking in my surroundings. My eyes had gotten suddenly extremely shiny, as if I had been crying, but they were highly focused.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games