Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:28 pm
cat_gonk Or there's an error with the program and it suddenly closes... yeah, I've had that happen. cat_crying  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:51 pm
gonk oh honey....  

Lia_Trovaras

Beloved Hellraiser

18,975 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 pm
*finally gets in a groove*

User Image

*hey let's save this* *get's trolled by a higher power*

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 pm
gonk  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm
Minor minor updates anyway. Working on improving and cleaning up the overall design and the most attention was in giving the hair a sense of movement... which was nearly done. Now not so much, but you can start to see what I was going for.

User Image

I'm starting to get attached to this piece so I'm going to give it as much time as it needs to be finished. I think it'll be worth it. This'll be ready in time for next year's holiday season.

Might as well throw this in here too. Was a coloring contest in another guild so I took it up for a chance to practice since I never do at all.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:54 am
blaugh Nice, big ... snowflakes there, Kai. xd  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 am
Kairanha
That moment when after you spend 3 hours drawing with a tablet and you feel like you should save your work and the power goes out suddenly.
This is the very reason I started saving like crazy. Just drew the perfect eyes? Save. Found just the right placement for the nose? Save. Got down a decent rough sketch for the pose you have in mind? Save. Drew a hand? Save.

It goes on and on. emotion_facepalm I also save right before switching windows and any time I'm going to be walking away from my computer, even if it's just to get a drink {fridge is literally only 5 steps away from my computer}. When working on Ry's piece, I learned another important time to save is right before changing something major. I tended to do it anyway, but never before ran into a situation in which it was important.

I had tried to fix the shape of Ry's head because I noticed it wasn't exactly round and everything I did just screwed it up more and more to the point in which I couldn't even get the basic outline for it right anymore, and I'd done too much to be able to just keep undoing until it was back to what I started with. Luckily, photoshop has this nice "revert" option, which reverts to your last save, so I was able to just use that and start again from there.

What definitely helped me get into the habit of frequent saving is using Ctrl + s. Just as easy as undo emotion_awesome Also set a button on my tablet to be save so all I have to do is press a button.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:10 pm
If I assign F5 to do a quick save I'll use it all the time. It's the same key used to save in every The Elder Scrolls game and I use it religiously. I just don't think I built up the mental connection between doing line art and having to save it... frequently, until now.

I need to work faster though... so many ideas... for my next Kai art, I always had that avatar that I modded to where the boobs show that I love to use every now and then when I can't figure out what to wear. I'm thinking about making that the base for my dakimakura art... or I could use irl Kai as a base, but I think that would only be very popular among certain circles.

In the semi-near future... I want to draw a girl half way through taking her shirt off. Just enough to show some under boobage, but you don't really get a clear look.
emotion_dowant  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:50 pm
Kai recycles! Still have some items to add that will change the overall look, like scarf and such. I think this'll be my first yandere girl I've drawn since she'll have a knife behind her back.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:02 pm
hmm... where have I seen that before...

*scoffs at the outfit* I pulled off that pose way better talk2hand  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Well yeah. Something that was designed specifically for you would suit you best. But I'm lazy and more or less just BSing my way through this art. blaugh ... emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:07 pm
If I wanted to reach for a particular reason... also it's a test to see if my lining skills with a tablet can be made to look as refined as if done by hand and it's a much easier test to conduct to when seeing a completed product and not being able to tell which lines were digital or traditional.

Depending on my results here, it could prove worth my time to revive some old art that was deemed unsatisfactory and give it a new life.

Taus was an inspired art and I put all of my feeling into making it. I can mod the lines and turn it into something else, but those would just be derivatives and low class imitations and will never be loved by me in the same way the original is. The design behind Taus is something that has always attracted my attention and more so when the attitude goes together with it. I'm lazy and I don't draw that much, but to see an idea and go, omg I need to draw this now, makes it one of the more special pieces that I've done.

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

basil maronic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:12 pm
emotion_awesome nice artworks  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 am
Still got some thinning out to do on some of the line work, but overall this is the finished product. Now on to the coloring. How this is visually turning out... it's like the Disney princess concept that was rejected. I shall call her Yanderella.

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 am
With all the accessories, it's looking really good.  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games