Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm kind of bored. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:51 am
Yokies

No they aren't, I concur. I do want kids some day, but I'm not anywhere near ready for that. Tbh, its hard to meet somebody in the situation I'm in. It is what it is, but things are getting better slowly but surely. ^^ Do you enjoy having children?

Ah, I thought Young Avengers had an animated version. o.o Kind of reminds me of Teen Titans in a sense, I used to watch that when I was younger but wasn't my favorite thing. I think I might give Attack on Titan a try if my tv doesn't implode by then, it's been having plenty of issues and my computer isn't much better these days. I'm saving up for a laptop, but it's going to cost me A LOT because I'm a gamer and I need a pc that can handle the stress of graphically demanding games.

So when you watch AoT, do you prefer subbed or dubbed? In which version is the voice acting better, do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:22 am
Sakaiden

That's understandable~ Hopefully you'll have time to meet someone in the future, especially since you do want kids someday. But yeah, it's good that you realize it's not time for that right now and you're getting other things in your life done first. I enjoy having a child. I only have my son, and he should be starting school this year. sweatdrop It's kind of scary to think about though. ; w;

They don't, which kind of sucks haha. I don't get how they don't have an animated series but Teen Titans had one, and now has another (though it's like.. child comedy and not at all serious like it used to be). But then again, it's probably because a lot of the main characters aren't straight. rofl Especially in the second run of the comic series. Ouch, that sucks about your TV and computer. D: My husband and I barely bought laptops again this year after ours started breaking. Whatever you do, don't buy a Toshiba laptop. They have a really common problem where one of the hinges breaks and it literally destroys the whole laptop unless you can afford to fix it, and it's not a cheap fix because most places have to fully replace that whole part so it doesn't break again. I THINK the more expensive ones don't have the problem, but I wouldn't take the risk. rofl

I originally watched it subbed, so those were the voices I was used to, but I did watch a few dubbed episodes and was pleased by their voices. I feel like they kept them in character even if they were kind of different.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm
Yokies

I can't imagine what that's like. My friend's kids and my cousin's kids all seem to grow in leaps and bounds, it's like they're three inches taller every time I see them. O__o'

I'll have to check out both subbed and dubbed for AoT and decide which version I prefer myself, but I hear you on that, it doesn't always sound better in one language versus another. Same follows for just about every anime.

My mother had a Toshiba and it was also terrible. It broke after about a year, and all she ever uses it for is surfing the web and shopping and itunes and stuff, she isn't a gamer or anything. But I have always built and upgraded my own computers, and my current one has lasted me about 6 years. I'm sick of building them though...it's easy enough to do if you know how, it's fairly common sense really, but I'm done with that. I'm thinking of switching over to Apple for my next computer, which should be a laptop for once.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:37 pm
Yokies
TheDarkest_DayInMay

That's true. Though I did quest for a DTail and HotD. rofl
But those are the only types of items like that that I want haha.
I change my avatar far too much to be stuck with one style. ; w;
I hope you feel better!
Your current avvie is just gorgeous!! <3
My first serious quest was the ninja band <3
It makes me nostalgic <3
lol tru dat xD you change it every time i see you xD  

TheDarkest_DayInMay

Blessed Phantom

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:40 pm
Sakaiden

I feel like my son just grew like an inch. I dunno what it is but he just suddenly looked taller the other day and I was like what. xD We also had to buy him bigger sandals. We went to three different Walmarts just to buy him the same sandals, just in a bigger size. rofl But he really likes them so it's fine haha.

That sounds like a plan. :3 And yeah, sometimes both are pretty good and there isn't really a better one, and other times hey, a dub can be better than a sub if you just prefer those voices. xD

That's exactly what I did. The most heavy thing I probably played on my laptop was Minecraft? And I hardly did that. sweatdrop It sucked. Right now I have a Dell and it seems to be doing just fine. I heard most people who have Apple's usually have them for art purposes, but I wouldn't really know anything about Apple products in general. I've only ever owned Dell/Toshiba/HP laptops/desktops. The only thing Apple I have is an iPod that I don't even use. rofl

TheDarkest_DayInMay

Oh gosh thank you. emotion_kirakira
Oh gosh the ninja band~ I'd probably have such a hard time wearing it.
The Tail and Horns are definitely easier to work with.
Though I still thing the headband looks really cool. whee
I wonder if you ever miss any avatars haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:52 pm
Yokies
Sakaiden

I feel like my son just grew like an inch. I dunno what it is but he just suddenly looked taller the other day and I was like what. xD We also had to buy him bigger sandals. We went to three different Walmarts just to buy him the same sandals, just in a bigger size. rofl But he really likes them so it's fine haha.

That sounds like a plan. :3 And yeah, sometimes both are pretty good and there isn't really a better one, and other times hey, a dub can be better than a sub if you just prefer those voices. xD

That's exactly what I did. The most heavy thing I probably played on my laptop was Minecraft? And I hardly did that. sweatdrop It sucked. Right now I have a Dell and it seems to be doing just fine. I heard most people who have Apple's usually have them for art purposes, but I wouldn't really know anything about Apple products in general. I've only ever owned Dell/Toshiba/HP laptops/desktops. The only thing Apple I have is an iPod that I don't even use. rofl

TheDarkest_DayInMay

Oh gosh thank you. emotion_kirakira
Oh gosh the ninja band~ I'd probably have such a hard time wearing it.
The Tail and Horns are definitely easier to work with.
Though I still thing the headband looks really cool. whee
I wonder if you ever miss any avatars haha.
I just love that shade of blue with the white and black colors <3333
Its definitely harder to work with lol
you either use it as an eyepatch or just a forehead cover xD
I think i miss tons when i go AFK for a long time xD  

TheDarkest_DayInMay

Blessed Phantom

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:13 pm
TheDarkest_DayInMay

I still wonder what people really call this shade of blue. xD
I call it "mournful" since a lot of items that have this color have that in the name.
But I have to search "sky blue" to get them to come up in my inventory lol.

Maybe. xD On average I've been changing I do believe every two days lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 am
Yokies

They certainly grow fast don't they? Damn, three Walmarts? There's only one not too far from my home, the rest of them are a ways away. o.o' Those must be some sandals! And haha I don't use my ipod much either. Well actually... I don't own my own iPod or MP3 player per se, my father was gifted an iPod Touch when they first came out and he loaned me his little green iPod Shuffle, the first generation one, they're a little larger than what exists now. I used to listen to it when doing yardwork, sometimes I still do, but otherwise it sits in my drawer uncharged. xD'

Though when I drive somewhere far away, if I have to sit in the back seat of the car, I have to listen to music the whole time and close my eyes or else I'll get carsick. Is that strange? o.O'

Eeeeeh, I never had any good experiences with Dell computers, but mind you, the last time I owned one was when they were worth less than s**t. Those things couldn't be used for much of anything years ago. Now they're better or so I'm told, and allegedly they're one of the more decent laptops you can buy for gaming. Alienware is a branch of Dell, their computers look really nice and apparently function pretty well.

As for Apple being more for art purposes, I can't truly speak to that since I've never owned one. But I know you can get what's referred to as a 'tablet' for them, which predates the tablets we know and love today...I have no clue if you've seen the one I mean before (most of the time when I talk about these people assume I'm referring to an iPad or a Galaxy Tab), but they're basically a pad you use a stylus to draw on, not unlike what a tablet laptop can be used for, except screenless. They're awesome for working with certain art programs such as Adobe Photoshop (oh, yeah...and Photoshop used to run ya like 700$ a shot, totally worth it. <<' And they're always coming out with new versions.)

I do know however that the running joke is that Apple computers are absolutely useless to gamers, though while I've been a bit concerned about which laptop to buy next, I'm given to understand that you can get just about anything you need running on a Mac with the help of a certain program.  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 pm
Sakaiden

Yeah they do. ; w; It seems like only yesterday that he was still using diapers despite the fact that he hasn't worn one in so long. Well we honestly were planning to get him a different kind, but the Walmarts didn't have any he liked until the third one, and they were the same exact sandals lol. And really, he wears them all the time and they're still in good condition, so getting a bigger size doesn't hurt if they're gonna last a while~ A friend of mine gifted me an iPod in high school, it was hot pink and pretty thin. Though I hardly used it after school ended, and part of me wondered if he regretted it because we had a falling out not too long after. He tried cheating on his girlfriend with me and that didn't work out obviously. rofl And I have another iPod that my husband bought recently off a friend of my brother's but I haven't used it either. sweatdrop It also sits in my drawer.

I don't think it's strange. Music can be comforting and having your eyes closed is soothing. - w- We always have music playing when we're in the car. We hook one of our phones to the radio so we can listen to Pandora.

Yeah I heard Dell's have been better as of late. The ones we have don't run Chrome as well as the Toshiba's we had, but the games play perfectly fine. I'm not sure why that is, but yeah lol. Firefox runs fine too but I like Chrome more lol. Yeah I hear a lot of people have Alienware and really like it. o Ao;

Ah yeah I know what kind of tablet you mean haha. Before all the technological advancements I really wanted one for art purposes, but now I might try to get a tablet with a screen for it. The art tablets are far cheaper though since they're simpler.

It sounds like a Mac might be the best choice if you can get just about anything running on it. o wo What kind of program is that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:25 pm
Yokies

Hey, the kid knows what he wants, and as you say, if the shoe fits...xD literally. Pun not intended. And that's horrible that this guy put you on the spot like that! I'll never understand a person's line of thinking when it comes to those things, though admittedly I'm not so good at telling those things when I don't have a hell of a lot of dating experience, to be frank, and embarrassing as it is. But it is what it is.

Music is life. X3 I can't go without it either. I used to always pop a CD in (yknow...before we had mp3 adapters for cars!!! That was like a billion years ago, right?!) and listen to it when I was commuting to college. Couldn't do without it.

I wanted a tablet laptop for the longest time, and wanted to get Paintshop Pro and a better version of Photoshop (mine is CS2, it works but I want to update it and I need a scanner so I can scan in some linearts I'd like to practice CGing.

And the Mac program is called Boot Camp, it allows you to make a partition for Windows on your Mac so that you can log in on either Windows or iOS and install the things you want, programs that are only for one operating system or another, what have you. I'm pretty sure it costs ya though, like all things. x.x  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:20 pm
Sakaiden

Haha, I like puns so I'm all good. xD And yeah it was a pretty bad scene. We had all these mutual friends who weren't sure what to do and we all couldn't hang out at the same time anymore without it being weird. I mean, I tried being nice to him anyway, but he just kept making it weird and then we just flat out stopped talking. I told him it didn't have to be weird, that I'd forgive him for it even though he didn't deserve it, but I guess he just didn't want to be reminded of what he tried to do all the time.

Oh gosh CD's. xD I remember having a few, I used to listen to them on my stereo in my room. Oh man, that thing is broken now, but I used to love it. It had it so I could have three different CD's in it and just switch between them however I wanted haha.

I used to do that a looong time ago with just a plain mouse. I would take a photo of something I did and then line over it in MSPaint. XD I never did have a full fledged art program. Though considering how little I had they came out alright, I just wish I could have advanced before I entirely lost interest in drawing.

Oh wow. Yeah I can imagine it would cost a pretty penny if it can do all of that. ; w;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:47 pm
Yokies

Seems a bit surprising to me, so I take it that he felt bad for what happened? Not to keep dredging it up, of course.

Yeah, CDs!! I still have tons of them in cd binders. I used to burn them all the time and make playlists, then like a fail moron I'd only number them and never remember which number CD had what, so they'd get all mixed up. o.o' I'm not sure why I hung on to them.

Aw man though, I really wanted one of those stereos with a CD changer. Those were the most awesome thing back in the day. XD I'm only 27 and I'm saying 'back in the day'. I need to quit that.

I liked using MS Paint also, but I too lost interest in it fast because of how limited it was. I have an art tablet and CS2, I still don't use either much because my computer is dreadful now. I loved making graphics for websites on photoshop though, I like to think I got pretty decent at it actually. I used to pixel custom items for Ragnarok Online private servers on and off, like I made wings and weapons strapped to the character's back and stuff...kind of had to do that oldschool though, had to HTML code them in Notepad, completely unaided...aaaaaand then I lost the CD that I had all of my work saved to, and that was that lol. That was before flash drives existed. o.o'

It's amazing how much technology has changed huh? There was a time when smartphones and touch screens existed only in movies, and now here they are.  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:20 pm
Sakaiden

Oh I don't mind, it was a bad thing but I don't really look back on it negatively~ He felt bad. He actually did like me, but since he already had a girlfriend he kept his feelings to himself. It was the same for me, I liked him but since he was taken I didn't say anything about it. But they were fighting and he told me he was pretty sure they were going to break up. After a while he started telling me he liked me and then ended up.. throwing himself on me? Like, he pulled me close and started kissing me but I told him I wanted to stop and we did, and then that's when everything went downhill. He still stayed with her even after all of that, so I assume whatever they were arguing about didn't matter in the end. I'm not even sure if his girlfriend ever found out, because she went to a different school and wasn't really friends with anyone who went to ours. Either way, I don't really regret what happened, because of what he did I was able to get over my feelings for him and got to know a new guy who eventually became my husband. 3nodding

I lost all of my CD's haha. My husband accidentally left his CD case with my brothers and they ended up don't god knows what with them, but they don't have them anymore. Most of the burned CD's I had were made by someone I knew in middle school and she always went through the trouble of making lists for me. After we stopped talking I just started buying my own CD's rofl

I still use the term "back in the day" and I'm only 22 so. rofl I mean, back in the day is still the past to us, even if it might not seem like that far back to other people lol.

It was definitely pretty limiting, yeah. I had been in a graphic design class during high school. I was good at it, but since i didn't have the necessary tools at home I stopped doing that too. It sounds like you got to do a lot of awesome things though, and it's sad that you ended up losing everything. D; Haha I remember my first flash drive. My mom works at a dry cleaners and she ended up finding one in some man's business suit. She decided to give it to me since I really needed one and she couldn't really buy me one with the space I needed at the time. When I opened it up on my computer it had so many files of like.. stocks and products, graphs and.. business stuff. At the time I didn't really think much about it, so I erased all of it and kept it o course. The man never asked about it, so I assume he had copies of everything elsewhere, but I still feel kind of bad about it looking back now haha.

Gosh I know. All these old movies making technological advances out to be something unattainable that we just have everywhere today, and ones making them look so amazing and futuristic and that would change the world, and we kind of just take them all for granted nowadays lol. Some people are even against them, saying technology is hurting society as a whole, but the good that technology gives us far outweighs the bad (and usually people use examples like texting and driving as a bad thing, when that's attributed to human carelessness, it's not inherently a problem with phones lol).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 pm
Yokies

Sounds like you did the right thing though, you were strong when he had a moment of weakness. I know people who would've just given in and let it happen and become the other woman. Which, as I'm told, never ends well. Seems to me as though everything turned out for the best in the end, it's good it all worked out how it did. You met your hubby, after all. ^^

Yeah lol I'm listening to some of those songs I had on those CDs now, I remembered a few of the names, but I listened to a lot of obscure stuff (because if I recall correctly, at that point going against the mainstream was being original...until everyone realized that going against the mainstream has BECOME the mainstream. It's a mad hatter conundrum all over again. XDDD )

Damn, when I bought my very first CDs all by myself, Linkin Park was just up and coming and put out their first album, and then a friend talked me into getting a cd from Limp Bizkit. My parents read the lyrics, didn't like what they saw, and actually put them through the paper shredder...oh man, I hit the ceiling I was so upset!

I know what you mean, I guess it's finally hitting home that I'm not getting any younger and, while I always knew that of course, I suppose it never really sank in. I waited too long to go back and get my 4-year degree partially because I am so ambivalent about what I wanted to do for a career. But as it's been said often, many people switch their career paths several times before they settle on one they're content with.

HAHA if only you could've used the guy's top secret info to make lots of money off stocks or something. That would've been awesome. XD' I still have the very first flash drive I ever owned, its only got 512mb worth of space overall, so a few years ago I bought another one that 8gb large, and before much longer I'll likely purchase yet another even bigger flash drive, and then in a few more years time I'll wind up with a like a jailer's key ring full of flash drives full of writing and art and stuff. I can see it now!

Exactly. People are too fast to blame it on the object, not the person. Human flaw is the biggest variable, also the first one we are quickest to rule out where possible. It's no different from gun control, or any other inanimate object. Does a gun beg you to put 5 pounds of pressure on the trigger? No.
Does a game force you to play it? No. Do phones physically make you pick them up to answer a text whilst going 75 miles down the pike? Absolutely not. It's sad rules need to be made for things which ought to be common sense, but alas, common sense isn't common anymore.  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 pm
Sakaiden

Yeeah, I wasn't about to go down that road. Even though I liked him I knew doing that was wrong and not at all worth it. It wouldn't have meant anything and I would have been the one mostly (if not entirely) burned in the end over it. And yeah, that's one reason why I don't regret it, I moved forward and met someone who treated and still treats me way better. c:

The CD's my friend burned for me mostly had a bunch of anime openings/endings on them. rofl I was really into anime back then but not so much now. I still watch it, I just don't get as invested. Same with manga, I used to read so many different things, but I don't know. It might have to do with my depression, so I've been told, but there isn't really much I can do about it right now. sweatdrop Once I get out of the situation I'm in, I think I'll start feeling better and get into things I lost interest in years ago (like drawing, for one!) I never had a Linkin Park CD, but my brothers did lol. Oh god Limp Bizkit. I guess I can understand why someone wouldn't like the music, but seriously.. a paper shredder? xD That's a bit over the top.

I think it's kind of a good thing you took your time on doing it, really. I mean, some people rush into anything they think they can do without really thinking if they WANT to do it and end up with degree(s) in things they have no interest in. At least you've had a lot of time to think about it. sweatdrop That's one good thing to think about~

I don't think I would have been able to. xD I mean it was just pie charts and graphs. There was no real information I could use haha. I probably still have my old flash drive somewhere, but right now I don't know where it is. sweatdrop I almost thought I would have a keyring of those kinds of things, but nah, no more. xD

Yeah, it really is sad. I don't really mind rules being set up for the things that can potentially kill people, but it's sad that we have to at all because people aren't willing to be safe and responsible with them, whilst everyone likes to blame the object in question when the object wouldn't have been involved if not for the person using it.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff