Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:33 am
Psalms
Chapter 138
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 A Psalme of Dauid. I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise vnto thee.

2 I will worship towards thy holy temple, and praise thy name, for thy louing kindnesse and for thy trueth: for thou hast magnified thy word aboue all thy name.

3 In the day when I cried, thou answeredst me: and strengthenedst me with strength in my soule.

4 All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O Lord: when they heare the words of thy mouth.

5 Yea they shall sing in the wayes of the Lord: for great is the glory of the Lord.

6 Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect vnto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afarre off.

7 Though I walke in the mids of trouble, thou wilt reuiue me, thou shalt stretch foorth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies: and thy right hand shall saue me.

8 The Lord wil perfit that which concerneth me: thy mercie, O Lord, endureth for euer: forsake not the works of thine owne hands.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:15 am
Psalms
Chapter 139

1 To the chiefe Musician, A Psalme of Dauid. O Lord, thou hast searched mee, and knowen me.

2 Thou knowest my downe sitting, and mine vprising: thou vnderstandest my thought afarre off.

3 Thou compassest my path, and my lying downe, and art acquainted with all my wayes.

4 For there is not a worde in my tongue: but lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

5 Thou hast beset me behind, and before: and laid thine hand vpon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderfull for me: it is high, I cannot attaine vnto it.

7 Whither shall I goe from thy spirit? or whither shall I flie from thy presence?

8 If I ascend vp into heauen, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning: and dwell in the vttermost parts of the Sea:

10 Euen there shall thy hand leade me: and thy right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkenes shall couer me: euen the night shall bee light about me.

12 Yea the darkenesse hideth not from thee, but the night shineth as the day: the darknes and the light are both alike to thee.

13 For thou hast possessed my reines: thou hast couered me in my mothers wombe.

14 I will praise thee, for I am fearefully and wonderfully made, marueilous are thy works: and that my soule knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret: and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance yet being vnperfect, and in thy booke all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned: when as yet there was none of them.

17 Howe precious also are thy thoughts vnto me, O God: how great is the summe of them?

18 If I should count them, they are moe in number then the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

20 For they speake against thee wickedly: and thine enemies take thy name in vaine.

21 Doe not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieued with those that rise vp against thee?

22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and knowe my heart: trie mee, and knowe my thoughts:

24 And see if there bee any wicked way in me: and leade me in the way euerlasting.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 am
Psalms
Chapter 140

1 To the chiefe Musician, A Psalme of Dauid. Deliuer me, O Lord, from the euill man: preserue me from the violent man.

2 Which imagine mischiefes in their heart: continually are they gathered together for warre.

3 They haue sharpned their tongues like a serpent: adders poison is vnder their lips. Selah.

4 Keepe me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked, preserue me from the violent man: who haue purposed to ouerthrow my goings.

5 The proude haue hid a snare for me and cords, they haue spread a net by the way side: they haue set grinnes for me. Selah.

6 I said vnto the Lord, Thou art my God: heare the voyce of my supplications, O Lord.

7 O God the Lord, the strength of my saluation: thou hast couered my head in the day of battell.

8 Grant not, O Lord, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked deuice, lest they exalt themselues. Selah.

9 As for the head of those that compasse me about: let the mischiefe of their owne lips couer them.

10 Let burning coales fall vpon them, let them be cast into the fire: into deepe pits, that they rise not vp againe.

11 Let not an euill speaker bee established in the earth: euill shall hunt the violent man to ouerthrow him.

12 I know that the Lord will maintaine the cause of the afflicted: and the right of the poore.

13 Surely the righteous shall giue thankes vnto thy Name: the vpright shall dwell in thy presence.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 am
Psalms
Chapter 141

1 A Psalme of Dauid. Lord, I crie vnto thee, make haste vnto mee: giue eare vnto my voice, when I crie vnto thee.

2 Let my prayer bee set foorth before thee as incense: and the lifting vp of my hands as the Euening sacrifice.

3 Set a watch (O Lord) before my mouth: keepe the doore of my lips.

4 Incline not my heart to any euill thing, to practise wicked workes with men that worke iniquitie: and let mee not eate of their dainties.

5 Let the righteous smite mee, it shalbe a kindnesse: and let him reprooue me, it shalbe an excellent oile, which shall not breake my head: for yet my prayer also shalbe in their calamities.

6 When their Iudges are ouerthrowen in stonie places, they shall heare my words, for they are sweet.

7 Our bones are scattered at the graues mouth: as when one cutteth and cleaueth wood vpon the earth.

8 But mine eyes are vnto thee, O God the Lord: in thee is my trust, leaue not my soule destitute.

9 Keepe mee from the snare which they haue laide for me, and the grinnes of the workers of iniquitie.

10 Let the wicked fall into their owne nets: whilest that I withal escape.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:16 am
Psalms
Chapter 142

1 Maschil of Dauid; A prayer when he was in the caue. I cried vnto the Lord with my voice: with my voice vnto the Lord did I make my supplication.

2 I powred out my complaint before him: I shewed before him my trouble.

3 When my spirit was ouerwhelmed within mee, then thou knewest my path: in the way wherein I walked, haue they priuily laid a snare for me.

4 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me, refuge failed me: no man cared for my soule.

5 I cried vnto thee, O Lord, I said, Thou art my refuge, and my portion in the land of the liuing.

6 Attend vnto my crie, for I am brought very low, deliuer mee from my persecuters: for they are stronger then I.

7 Bring my soule out of prison, that I may praise thy Name: the righteous shall compasse me about: for thou shalt deale bountifully with me.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:58 am
Psalms
Chapter 143

1 A Psalme of Dauid. Heare my prayer, O Lord, giue eare to my supplications: in thy faithfulnesse answere me, and in thy righteousnes.

2 And enter not into iudgement with thy seruant: for in thy sight shall no man liuing be iustified.

3 For the enemie hath persecuted my soule, he hath smitten my life downe to the ground: hee hath made mee to dwell in darkenesse, as those that haue bene long dead.

4 Therefore is my spirit ouerwhelmed within me: my heart within me is desolate.

5 I remember the dayes of old, I meditate on all thy workes: I muse on the worke of thy hands.

6 I stretch forth my hands vnto thee: my soule thirsteth after thee, as a thirstie land, Selah.

7 Heare me speedily, O Lord, my spirit faileth, hide not thy face from mee: lest I be like vnto them that goe downe into the pit.

8 Cause mee to heare thy louing kindnesse in the morning, for in thee doe I trust, cause mee to knowe the way wherein I should walke: for I lift vp my soule vnto thee.

9 Deliuer mee, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flie vnto thee to hide me.

10 Teach me to doe thy will, for thou art my God, thy spirit is good: leade me into the land of vprightnesse.

11 Quicken me, O Lord, for thy names sake: for thy righteousnesse sake bring my soule out of trouble.

12 And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soule: for I am thy seruant.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:18 am
Psalms
Chapter 144

1 A Psalme of Dauid. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to warre, and my fingers to fight.

2 My goodnes and my fortresse, my high tower and my deliuerer, my shield, and he in whome I trust: who subdueth my people vnder me.

3 Lord, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him? or the sonne of man, that thou makest account of him?

4 Man is like to vanity: his dayes are as a shadow that passeth away.

5 Bow thy heauens, O Lord, and come downe: touch the mountaines, and they shall smoke.

6 Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoote out thine arrowes, and destroy them.

7 Send thine hand from aboue, rid me, and deliuer me out of great waters: from the hand of strange children,

8 Whose mouth speaketh vanitie: and their right hand is a right hand of falshood.

9 I will sing a new song vnto thee, O God: vpon a psalterie, and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises vnto thee.

10 It is he that giueth saluation vnto kings: who deliuereth Dauid his seruant from the hurtfull sword.

11 Rid me, and deliuer me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanitie: and their right hand is a right hand of falshood.

12 That our sonnes may be as plants growen vp in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

13 That our garners may bee full, affoording all maner of store; that our sheepe may bring forth thousands, and tenne thousands in our streetes.

14 That our oxen may be strong to labour, that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streetes.

15 Happy is that people that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:44 am
Psalms
Chapter 145

1 Dauids Psalme of praise. I will extoll thee, my God, O King: and I will blesse thy name for euer and euer.

2 Euery day wil I blesse thee: and I will praise thy Name for euer and euer.

3 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised: and his greatnes is vnsearchable.

4 One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shal declare thy mightie actes.

5 I will speake of the glorious honour of thy maiestie: and of thy wonderous workes.

6 And men shall speake of the might of thy terrible acts: and I wil declare thy greatnesse.

7 They shall abundantly vtter the memory of thy great goodnesse: and shall sing of thy righteousnesse.

8 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion: slow to anger, and of great mercy.

9 The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are ouer all his workes.

10 All thy workes shall praise thee, O Lord: and thy Saints shal blesse thee.

11 They shall speake of the glory of thy kingdome: and talke of thy power.

12 To make knowen to the sonnes of men his mightie actes: and the glorious Maiestie of his kingdome.

13 Thy kingdome is an euerlasting kingdome: and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.

14 The Lord vpholdeth all that fall: and raiseth vp all those that bee bowed downe.

15 The eyes of all waite vpon thee: and thou giuest them their meat in due season.

16 Thou openest thine hand: and satisfiest the desire of euery liuing thing.

17 The Lord is righteous in all his wayes: and holy in all his works.

18 The Lord is nigh vnto all them that call vpon him: to all that call vpon him in trueth.

19 Hee will fulfill the desire of them that feare him: he also will heare their cry, and will saue them.

20 The Lord preserueth all them that loue him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

21 My mouth shall speake the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh blesse his holy Name for euer and euer.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am
Psalms
Chapter 146

1 Praise yee the Lord: prayse the Lord, O my soule.

2 While I liue, will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises vnto my God, while I haue any being.

3 Put not your trust in Princes: nor in the sonne of man, in whom there is no helpe.

4 His breath goeth foorth, he returneth to his earth: in that very day his thoughts perish.

5 Happy is he that hath the God of Iacob for his helpe: whose hope is in the Lord his God:

6 Which made heauen and earth, the Sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth trueth for euer:

7 Which executeth iudgement for the oppressed, which giueth food to the hungry: the Lord looseth the prisoners.

8 The Lord openeth the eyes of the blinde, the Lord raiseth them that are bowed downe: the Lord loueth the righteous.

9 The Lord preserueth the strangers, he relieueth the fatherlesse and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth vpside downe.

10 The Lord shall reigne for euer, euen thy God, O Zion, vnto all generations: Praise ye the Lord.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:44 am
Psalms
Chapter 147

1 Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises vnto our God: for it is pleasant, and praise is comely.

2 The Lord doeth build vp Ierusalem: he gathereth together the out-casts of Israel.

3 Hee healeth the broken in heart: and bindeth vp their wounds.

4 He telleth the number of the stars: he calleth them all by their names.

5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his vnderstanding is infinite.

6 The Lord lifteth vp the meeke: hee casteth the wicked downe to the ground.

7 Sing vnto the Lord with thankesgiuing: sing prayse vpon the harpe vnto our God:

8 Who couereth the heauen with cloudes, who prepareth raine for the earth: who maketh grasse to growe vpon the mountaines.

9 He giueth to the beast his foode: and to the yong rauens which crie.

10 Hee delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.

11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that feare him: in those that hope in his mercie.

12 Praise the Lord, O Ierusalem: praise thy God, O Zion.

13 For hee hath strengthened the barres of thy gates: hee hath blessed thy children within thee.

14 He maketh peace in thy borders: and filleth thee with the finest of the wheate.

15 He sendeth forth his commandement vpon earth: his word runneth very swiftly.

16 He giueth snow like wooll: he scattereth the hoare frost like ashes.

17 He casteth forth his yce like morsels: who can stand before his cold?

18 He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow.

19 He sheweth his word vnto Iacob: his statutes and his iudgements vnto Israel.

20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his iudgements, they haue not knowen them. Praise yee the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:22 pm
Psalms
Chapter 148

1 Praise yee the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heauens: praise him in the heights.

2 Praise yee him all his Angels: praise ye him all his hosts.

3 Praise ye him Sunne and Moone: praise him all ye starres of light.

4 Praise him ye heauens of heauens: and ye waters that be aboue the heauens.

5 Let them praise the Name of the Lord: for he commanded, and they were created.

6 Hee hath also stablished them for euer and euer: he hath made a decree which shall not passe.

7 Praise the Lord from the earth: ye dragons and all deepes.

8 Fire and haile, snow and vapour: stormie wind fulfilling his word.

9 Mountaines and all hilles: fruitfull trees, and all cedars.

10 Beastes and all cattell: creeping things, and flying foule.

11 Kings of the earth, and all people: Princes, and all Iudges of the earth.

12 Both young men and maidens: olde men and children.

13 Let them praise the Name of the Lord, for his Name alone is excellent: his glory is aboue the earth and heauen.

14 Hee also exalteth the horne of his people, the praise of all his Saints; euen of the children of Israel, a people neere vnto him. Praise ye the Lord.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 am
Psalms
Chapter 149

1 Praise yee the Lord: Sing vnto the Lord a new song: and his prayse in the Congregation of Saints.

2 Let Israel reioyce in him that made him: let the children of Zion bee ioyfull in their King.

3 Let them praise his Name in the dance: let them sing praises vnto him with the timbrell and harpe.

4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: hee will beautifie the meeke with saluation.

5 Let the Saints be ioyfull in glory: let them sing aloude vpon their beddes.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth: and a two edged sword in their hand:

7 To execute vengeance vpon the heathen: and punishments vpon the people.

8 To binde their Kings with chaines: and their Nobles with fetters of yron.

9 To execute vpon them the iudgement written: This honour haue all his Saints. Praise ye the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 am
Psalms
Chapter 150

1 Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his Sanctuarie: Praise him in the firmament of his power.

2 Praise him for his mightie actes: Praise him according to his excellent greatnesse.

3 Praise him with the sound of the Trumpet: Prayse him with the Psalterie and Harpe.

4 Praise him with the timbrell and dance: praise him with stringed instruments, and Organes.

5 Praise him vpon the loud cymbals: praise him vpon the high sounding cymbals.

6 Let euery thing that hath breath, praise the Lord. Praise yee the Lord.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:46 am
Proverbs
Chapter 1

1 The Prouerbes of Solomon the sonne of Dauid, King of Israel,

2 To knowe wisedome and instruction, to perceiue the words of vnderstanding,

3 To receiue the instruction of wisdome, iustice, and iudgement & equitie,

4 To giue subtiltie to the simple, to the yong man knowledge and discretion.

5 A wise man wil heare, and wil increase learning: and a man of vnderstanding shall attaine vnto wise counsels:

6 To vnderstand a prouerbe, and the interpretation; the wordes of the wise, and their darke sayings.

7 ¶ The feare of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fooles despise wisedome and instruction.

8 My sonne, heare the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother.

9 For they shall be an ornament of grace vnto thy head, and chaines about thy necke.

10 ¶ My sonne, if sinners entise thee, consent thou not.

11 If they say, Come with vs, let vs lay wait for blood, let vs lurke priuily for the innocent without cause:

12 Let vs swallow them vp aliue, as the graue, and whole, as those that goe downe into the pit:

13 Wee shall finde all precious substance, wee shall fill our houses with spoile:

14 Cast in thy lot among vs, let vs all haue one purse:

15 My sonne, walke not thou in the way with them; refraine thy foot from their path:

16 For their feete runne to euil, and make haste to shed blood.

17 Surely in vaine the net is spread in the sight of any bird.

18 And they lay wait for their owne blood, they lurke priuily for their owne liues.

19 So are the waies of euery one that is greedie of gaine: which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

20 ¶ Wisedome crieth without, she vttereth her voice in the streets:

21 Shee crieth in the chiefe place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she vttereth her words, saying,

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye loue simplicitie? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fooles hate knowledge?

23 Turne you at my reproofe: behold, I will powre out my spirit vnto you, I will make knowen my wordes vnto you.

24 ¶ Because I haue called, and yee refused, I haue stretched out my hand, and no man regarded:

25 But ye haue set at nought all my counsell, & would none of my reproofe:

26 I also will laugh at your calamitie, I wil mocke when your feare commeth.

27 When your feare commeth as desolation, and your destruction commeth as a whirlewinde; when distresse and anguish commeth vpon you:

28 Then shall they call vpon mee, but I will not answere; they shall seeke me early, but they shall not finde me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the feare of the Lord.

30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproofe.

31 Therefore shall they eate of the fruite of their owne way, and be filled with their owne deuices.

32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fooles shall destroy them.

33 But who so hearkneth vnto mee, shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from feare of euill.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:22 am
Proverbs
Chapter 2

1 My sonne, if thou wilt receiue my words, and hide my commaundements with thee;

2 So that thou incline thine eare vnto wisedome, and apply thine heart to vnderstanding:

3 Yea if thou cryest after knowledge, and liftest vp thy voyce for vnderstanding:

4 If thou seekest her as siluer, and searchest for her, as for hid treasures:

5 Then shalt thou vnderstand the feare of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

6 For the Lord giueth wisedome: out of his mouth commeth knowledge, and vnderstanding.

7 He layeth vp sound wisedome for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walke vprightly.

8 He keepeth the pathes of iudgement, and preserueth the way of his Saints.

9 Then shalt thou vnderstand righteousnesse, and iudgement, and equity; yea euery good path.

10 ¶ When wisedome entreth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant vnto thy soule;

11 Discretion shall preserue thee, vnderstanding shall keepe thee:

12 To deliuer thee from the way of the euill man, from the man that speaketh froward things.

13 Who leaue the pathes of vprightnesse, to walke in the wayes of darkenesse:

14 Who reioyce to doe euill, and delight in the frowardnesse of the wicked.

15 Whose wayes are crooked, and they froward in their pathes.

16 To deliuer thee from the strange woman, euen from the stranger, which flattereth with her words:

17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the couenant of her God.

18 For her house inclineth vnto death, and her pathes vnto the dead:

19 None that goe vnto her, returne againe, neither take they hold of the pathes of life.

20 That thou mayest walke in the way of good men, and keepe the pathes of the righteous.

21 For the vpright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remaine in it.

22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressours shalbe rooted out of it.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games