Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:37 pm
User Image
No! You'll never be alone!
When darkness comes I'll light the night with stars!
Hear the whispers in the dark!

Chance Thomas Carlson
| Pureblood | Ravenclaw | First Year |

Whispers in the Dark

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Chance's eyes shot open as the hat called out his house. Ravenclaw? Seriously? Apparently, he wasn't like his family at all, or he would have been put in Gryffindor. But he wasn't like his father either, or else the hat would have called out Slytherin. So... In a way... This was a good thing. Chance calmly walked over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down. He was silent, the words of the sorting hat ringing in his ears. Sarcastic I see, and brave in many ways as well, but I think somewhere else will do for you... Chance sighed. He was greatly confused, but would not argue with the all-powerful hat. After all, it knew his destiny better than he did.

Translations:
{OOC:}

When darkness comes you know I'm never far!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm
User Image
User Image

Zayne's attention was brought up when another call of Ravenclaw echoed into the hall. Unlike the rest of the house he didn't cheer instead the boy whipped around, blond and red hair flying to spot the new person. The chances of them being utter confused like him was probably slim. With any luck they might actually know what was going on. One was a pretty girl with long brown hair but he lost sight of her in the crowd. Damn he had hoped to meet one of his fellow first years. Sadly that seemed like it was going to have to wait. Other names were called as were other houses and Zayne's attention was drawn to them. When Gryffindor was hollered out, gold and red colored students cheered. Slytherin, silver and green and Hufflepuff black and yellow. Who came up with their color schemes? Seriously they could use some blood reds, deep purples and richer blues in here. Though the blue for the Ravenclaw wasn't too bad. There were a lot of things though he thought needed a touch of redo. Like these robes, a chain or two and a few tears could make them rather awesome. Something told him though that the teachers wouldn't appreciate that.

The word Ravenclaw was shouted again and once more Zayne spun about. He would not lose track of this one! The latest first year for Ravenclaw was a boy. With redish brown hair and well he couldn't see his eyes from here but he looked surprised at the house. Was he expecting another house? Shoot was one house better to be in then another? Was this a good surprise or a bad surprise? Another dozen questions echoed about his mind as he watched the boy make his way towards the table. Ducking under cheering arms and weaving about to get a better look he smiled when the boy ended up fairly close. Finally a chance to talk to someone! Hopefully he wasn't too lost in his thoughts about the hat's decision. Zayne was entirely out of his element and the last thing he needed was to piss someone off and have spells flying at him. Do wizarding children already know magic? Or maybe they have another school they go to until getting to come to Hogwarts? Kinda like a elementary into the big leagues sort of thing...hm...that would take more asking. Damn so many questions.

First things first, introduction. Come on he knew better then to sit and stare for even the shortest amount of time. It was rude and his mum would bop him for doing such a thing. With Abraxas purring in his ears Zayne did the only thing that came to mind. "Hey! Welcome to Ravenclaw...I guess. I just got here myself but doesn't mean I can't say it." Oh rough start, that's fine. Zayne wasn't some smooth talker like Draven was. He was a lot more like Alverin, a rough but always rolling with it. "I'm Zayne. Zayne Magnus. Nice to meet you." He continued holding his hand out to the other boy. Internally he hoped wizards didn't have some strange handshake or other form of greeting. "So are you the first of your family here or do you have any siblings joining you? That is if you don't mind my asking. Don't hesitate to tell me it's none of my business." His smile slipped back on his face as internally he started to relax. This was no different then the first day of a new year back home. Why stress? Take a deep breath and go with the flow right?

Welcome to the Pride: Abraxas, the other first year
I remember everything....most of the time: Would be kinda funny is wizards did do a little dance or something. Damn they might not like me thinking that...
Fear me if you dare: 9" Rosewood, with a Vampire Blood Core. Pliable with a shaft decorated with bats spiraling up and a crescent moon near the base
Hold on I need to take this: hello miss heather :3

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:38 pm
Chase Henrick User Image
~ Ravenclaw Chaser ::: Third Year ~
User Image

When Sun got sorted into Gryffindor, Chase looked at the boy half-apologetically. He knew how his brother wanted to get into Ravenclaw, even though the house didn't suit him at all. It was better this way, Chase believed.

He turned his attention to the newly sorted Ravenclaws. many of them showed promise, while others were slightly flustered or confused. "Welcome to Ravenclaw," Chase said in an attempt to be sociable for once.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm
User Image

Chance Thomas Carlson

Whispers in the Dark

Chance was surprised to hear a voice speak to him. He looked over at the other first year. He had blonde and red hair. Odd, but definitely interesting. He introduced himself and offered a hand, which Chance just looked at with brown eyes. He glanced over to the older boy speaking to him. Black hair and blue eyes. "Yes... Welcome indeed... Chance Carlson. I guess I'll go by Chance. And no. I'm the eldest of two. My younger sister will be attending this school in a few years." he said to Zayne and the older boy. His social nerve was practically shriveled up and dead. But, he knew he would need companionship if he was going to survive these seven years, so he might as well try to be nice. Talking about his sister, however, made him a tid bit more depressed than usual. "Dwi yn methu ti, Chwaer..." he mumbled, twiddling his thumbs in his lap.

Translations:
"I miss you, Sister..."

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
Second Year - Ravenclaw
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick sat down, hoping that no one remembered his absence last year, or what had caused it. Though the boy doubted it. He never really interacted with anyone, and usually kept to himself. Usually, anyway. He watched as students got sorted into the other houses quietly, his fingers already itching for a book to read. Well, let it never be said he didn't read enough, he thought. He tried to glance over to the various houses, seeing if he could spot any of his friends from the other houses. Not that he had anything against Ravenclaw, but he didn't really know anyone really well, not with spending the last year in the Hospital Wing with spattergroit.

----------------------------------
State: Quiet
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:59 pm
User Image
User Image

Conversation started, sweet. The downside the boy completely ignored the handshake. Ok not a big deal. Maybe wizards did do something different. That would not put him off or down about this. Before he could continue with the boy, Chance he now knew, another voice spoke up. Zayne's attention was brought to an older boy with long dark hair and rather bright blue eyes. Well hello mister older boy. He'd probably be rather cute if a smile was on that face. Still the brooding quiet look kinda worked. Not that he was allowed to care as 'he was too young to even think about that' according to his mum. What she didn't know didn't hurt her right? He could still look as Draven said. Well actually both dads said such things but still it was amusing the contradicting advise. But they were guys and they knew that even young most guys liked to look or at least that they did. Zayne was a lot like his fathers so to him it was natural to look at the other students in an appreciative way. He was no pervert after all. Alright focus boy stop gawking.

"Thanks man. I'm Zayne, nice to meet you." He said this time to the older boy not bothering to offer his hand this time. It was a tad confusing in that aspect. How do you be polite without offering to shake someone's hand in hello? Really they needed a crash course on wizarding ways for people like him. "That'll be cool when your sister comes. I wish I had a sibling to join me but I'm an only child." Zayne continued as he turned back to Chance. Start up a conversation with one get two. Almost like buy one get one free in his book. Ok bad internal joke but still slightly amusing as he chuckled lightly regardless. Chance continued to talk but this time in a language he didn't know. One thin eyebrow raised as he regarded the other male curiously. "Dude what was that? And why the language change?" Zayne didn't sound annoyed or upset when he spoke. In all honesty he was just curious. It took a bit to get him to that state. His fathers often called him kitten for a reason, for just like one he had a habit of letting his curiosity rule and lead him where it willed.

Abraxas mewed again his own tone sounding questioning as well. Reflexively he stroked the small kitten's fur and for a moment that left the feline content. Slowly though he got bored and with a wiggle moved to stand on one of Zayne's shoulders. With another wiggle the feline jumped onto Zayne's head with a noise of protest from his owner. Those flickering things were bothering him and by George he would get them. Leaning back on his hind legs the kitten attempted to bat a the candles despite floating several feet above them. "What are you doing you nut ball? The adults are trying to talk, love, and you are being distracting." Zayne chuckled as he pick the protesting kitten up form his head. Flipping him on his back and cradling him in the crook of his arm Zayne playfully attacked the cat's belly bringing the play down on a safer level. "This is Abraxas, pardon him he's a tad playful. Friendly but playful." He said with a chuckle as he continued to tease the feline.

Welcome to the Pride: Abraxas, Chance, Chase
I remember everything....most of the time: Handshakes are a no go
Fear me if you dare: 9" Rosewood, with a Vampire Blood Core. Pliable with a shaft decorated with bats spiraling up and a crescent moon near the base
Hold on I need to take this: silly felines, just a warning I may be vanishing for the night rather soon, early morning tomorrow.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm
Chase Henrick User Image
Ravenclaw Chaser : Third Year : Chaser
User Image

"Chase Henrick. Third year," he introduced himself. A little buzz of curiosity sounded in his mind upon hearing the foreign language. Was it Latin, German, or Spanish? His knowledge on language seemed to be a bit shallow, since he only knew English and some words in French. He was required to take two years of it back in London, after all.

"May I inquire what language you just spoke?" he asked.

He noticed Zayne's little kitten, which reminded him so much of Athena. Chase was sure that the vixen was biting and clawing at her cage to get out in order to continue her adventures in Hogwarts like he was. He chuckled, mentally noting the fact that he would bring her a treat later. "He would get along quite well with Athena," he commented. "She is quite the adventurous fox."

User Image

His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:02 pm
βɾɑηωεη Ѧɭɭɡσσɗ
User Image

Branwen smiled a little and scurried toward the Ravenclaw table. She took a seat and tried to blend in the best she could. She really, really didn't want to make a scene. Especially in front of the whole school. On the first night here. That would be horrifying. She turned her attention to the Sorting, hoping Ver would be sorted with her.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm
User Image

Chance Thomas Carlson

Whispers in the Dark

Chance looked up at the boys around him, Zanye and Chase. His dark eyes hid the trouble within him, as did his shaggy red hair. "Oh. Sorry. I do that sometimes. It's Welsh. My sister, Cecille, speaks Welsh very fluently, so I learned to speak it too. It's kinda like our own secret code. Whenever I talk about my sister, I usually speak in Welsh. I said that I missed her..." he said to the two boys. Then, a girl sat at the table of Eagles. Chance looked at her for a moment. Two moments. Three moments. Four moments. Blink. Chance turned back to his housemates and eyed the cat. "I just hope he doesn't eat my rat..." he muttered to himself. Away from the group, he noticed another boy with ginger hair. He seemed to want to be alone, so he left him that way.

Translations:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 pm
Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Half blood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Gracie clapped as first years were sorted into her house. She frowned a little as Jade was sent to Slytherin. Why was it that all the cute boys were sent away from her. She sighed but shrugged. She'd still chase after him. He was to good to pass up.

OOC:...

Love interest: Jack, Jade, really anyone cute

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

[Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image
Ver walked towards the Ravenclaw table. A huge smile on her face. Not only had she been sorted into her wanted house, but so had Branwen. She found the other first year and immediately sat down next to her. "We're here together!" She said with a smile at the girl. Forgetting all about her shyness in her excitement.
OOC:...

Love interest:

[Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 pm
User Image

Cathryn Rose O'Malley
15 Years OldFifth YearRavenclawKeeperSingle

My optimism for life carried through my work

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Hogwarts again! Though her summer had been wonderful, since she and her family were able to travel to Florida to visit Cat's old friend, she still never lost that feeling of wonder when she entered the Great Hall. Her robes of blue and bronze swished around her tall form as she sat down, her new Prefect badge gleaming on her chest. After the meal, it would be Cat's responsibility to initiate all the first years. For now though, she was content to watch, applaud, and keep her eye out for any of her friends.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

Wearing

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 pm
βɾɑηωεη Ѧɭɭɡσσɗ
User Image

Branwen clapped when Verily was sorted into Ravenclaw. "I didn't think I'd actually be sorted here. I mean, I really wanted to, but I didn't that I would!" She stopped herself before she began rambling.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:15 pm
User Image

Second YearRavenclawSingle

【A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short.

James skipped over to her table. She didn't really care that she was a bit late. It appeared that some first years had already been added to her house. She smiled as she saw Akira still waiting to be sorted. "Hi guys! I'm James!" she smiled at the first years. "Congrats Cat."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Chase Henrick. Chance Carlson. Two names he needed to remember. They were the first people he had spoken to here at the school, though that was mostly his own fault. Still he hoped he didn't get them mixed up. After all they were very similar first names. Zayne's coppery eyes looked at Chase trying to pick out key things to help him remember him. The main things that shot out to him was his eyes and the fact that he was older then them. Chance was a bit easier as he was the same age as him and spoke Welsh apparently. He couldn't help but smile when the other boy talked about how he and his sister used it as their own code. It must be nice to do something like that with another person in your family. Zayne never really had anything like that. The one thing everyone in his family had in common was music. There were nights when they didn't turn anything electric on and spent the night in song. Alverin would play his old acoustic guitar as Draven kept the beat by tapping his fingers against his leg. Draven's voice was wonderful, rough and deep one moment before swinging up to a softer note. Alverin blended well with his other father his voice just a tad higher then Draven's. His mother left them all in the dust but she was female and could easily hit notes higher then the boys though at this age Zayne could match her. Right now he missed that. Before he could get himself lost more in thought Zayne refocused to catch the comment about eating a rat.

"Nah dude you don't need to worry. Braxas is a fish eater. Little blighter tried to eat a rat once back home and got himself attacked instead. He learned fast that if it ain't already dead don't even try." Zayne assured with a smile on his face as the kitten started to settle slowly in his lap. "But I think it's cool what you do with your sis. It sounds like you guys are really close. Hopefully by the time she gets here you'll be an expert and be able to show her all the cool places to go." He continued before turning to Chase. "Did you say fox? You can have pet foxes here? I coulda sworn the letter said only a cat, an owl or a toad....damn oh well too late now. If Athena doesn't mind cats then maybe the two can wear each other out so we don't have to worry about them destroying the furniture." A fox...wow. That would be kinda cool to have as a pet. Were they like dogs or was that only in looks? Zayne would have to see if Chase would let him meet Athena later when they went to wherever it was they would be sleeping.

More people joined them and Zayne looked up for a moment from the boys he was chatting with. Ah there was the girl he had first seen. Glad to see she had reappeared. "You sound like you're pretty excited to be here. Any reason you were hoping for this house?" Zayne asked the girl as she stopped herself from speaking. Was she worried about babbling? If you were excited why worry about it? Another girl plopped down into the growing group and Zayne let the smile on his face linger as she introduced herself. "Nice to meet you James. Name's Zayne and the squiggling one in my lap is Abraxas." He answered rubbing the squirming cat's belly lightly as his had was batted at. The feline was getting restless and hungry, Zayne knew it but couldn't do a thing about it. Hopefully they would eat soon and he could give the kitten some of his own food to sate his hunger. The night couldn't go on forever and silently he wondered what came after the sorting.

Welcome to the Pride: Abraxas, Chance, Chase, Branwen, James and several other Ravenclaws
I remember everything....most of the time: Food....please?
Hold on I need to take this: ....

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:13 pm
Chase Henrick User Image
Ravenclaw Chaser : Third Year : Chaser
User Image

"They say the bond between siblings is strong," Chase said. "If you dread over the separation too much, it'll just bog you down. Look forward to the time when she will eventually come to Hogwarts." Chase couldn't personally relate to Chance's emotional struggle, since he never really thought about being away from Autumn, who would be coming to Hogwarts in a year. His brother Sun may have a hard time adjusting.

"Yeah. I was a bit surprised when they allowed me to bring Athena. Apparently, they allow other pets onto the campus if you're a second year and above," he explained as he remembered the fun times he had chasing Athena around Hogwarts. He probably covered a couple kilometers a day chasing after the furry vixen. "I think she'll be thrilled to have a companion who could keep up with her."

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games