Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-20)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 am
Kojiro would nod his thanks to Naizen and slowly rise out of bed, carefully readying himself and leaving the tent as quietly as possible. Once out of the tent, the Bushi would slowly walk towards the gathering crowd of samurai. "I take it that Lady Soshi is dreaming of her triumphant revenge, eh? As the two listened to Doji Kita's announcements, Kojiro would again whisper to his scorpion companion. "If Kita were her ancestress, the lot of them would be named the Hawk instead of the Crane." More conversationally, the Bayushi would add. "So, what contest are you going for, Naizen-san?"

OOC: Void Roll
Result: 6  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 am
Forgot mah Void roll  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:49 am
"..." That threw him for a loop. Well, there went that source of help. Instead he wandered closer to the Juijitsu sign up, to see who was signing up. Perhaps, if he was lucky, one of them would be one of the more friendly faces he saw about.

Perhaps Mirumoto Sozen, he seemed friendly enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:49 am
@ Daidoji Training Grounds:

Naizen would shake his head slightly at the suggestion. "I do not know what she dreams of. I just know she does so on dismal days. At Shiro no Soshi, there is often jest that they use her as a method of forecasting the weather."

Upon hearing the competitions, Naizen seems positively annoyed. "None of these suit me. Any lore I know, it would be inappropriate for me to share. Likewise, I an... inept at social graces. I have no choice but to test the limits of my unarmed ability."

--------------------

Doji Kita would seem surprised to see Seichiro approach her. "Oh? Please do not take offense to this, Seichiro-san, but the Matsu normally aren't known as scholarly types. Your physique struck me as more suited for the Jiujutsu competition than anything."

--------------------

Mirumoto Sozen would not be difficult for Zanzen to find. He was speaking with Kuni Raicho currently, excited at the day's events. "Zanzen-san! I'm curious where your training will take you this day. I'm kind of eager to see if we will have the opportunity to face one another again."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 10 Total: 15 (2-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 am
(Void)

15, 21 if it does explode.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 7, 5 Total: 18 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 am
(Forget if they splode, just in case)  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 am
Kojiro pondered this for a second. "I have some small ability with lore...but spending one's childhood in a Yogo library might not give information that is acceptable to relate here. Do you know what event Lady Soshi would apply to?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 pm
"Almost definitely the Lore competition. She's highly skilled with Spellcraft, and she has much training with Theology as well. I think they will serve her well." He would add somethign as an afterthought: "But I wouldn't dare speak for her, and whatever she decides to join, would be her decision, not mine."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm
"Sozen-san. I was hoping to find you here. I wish to speak with you." He fidgeted lightly before signing his name down on the Juijitsu sign up. "Would you join me for some tea before the competition?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:03 pm
"Yes, well... I'm embarrassed to say that I know little of jiujutsu, and I'm afraid all I'd do is either endanger myself or my opponent with my lack of knowledge. However, I was taught a bit of History in the Akodo school, and maybe I can use what little knowledge I have to at least entertain other competitors."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:09 pm
"Of course! She knows her skills best! Having said that, I'll sign up for the Poetry competition then. A chance to give us a clean sweep at today's events." The samurai hoped his optimism didn't sound too forced.

OOC Signing up for Poetry Competition.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:13 pm
Doji Kita would nod, though she would lift her index finger to correct Seichiro. "Don't confuse my competition for Seppun Benjiro's today. The Social event is about entertainment. The Mental one is competitive, as we will test the limits of the skills of your mind. I want you to take it as seriously as your Martial Duel on the first day."

--------------------

Sozen would blink in confusion a bit, before nodding. "An invitation to tea from a Crane is always considered a privilege, so I'd be foolish to decline. I presume this is about whatever seems to be troubling you?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 pm
"But of course, Kita-sama. Expect nothing but the best of me. Well, I'll try as best I can, but I shan't let you down. When does the Lore event start, if I may ask?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:18 pm
"My intent exactly. I will admit that I did not think that I'd run into a situation like this." He started off, heading for a decent place to drink some tea. Hopefully, along the way, he could get a servant to bring them some.

Either way, once away from the crowd, he sigh and bow in difference to Sozen after some tea. "Please give me some tips for Juijitsu. I am an artisan of the blade, I never so much as attempted an unarmed strike at a practice dummy during my training."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 pm
"Actually, I'm going to try for the Lore event. I think I know a few things that may be acceptable. I'd rather not look like Lord Yoritomo yesterday.

OOC Switching to Lore Event.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games