Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]
Lore and Loyal rpg ^.^ PM Before or post will be DELETED! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Elizabeth smiled lightly towards the questions before looking to Drake and back. "Drake like myself and the Lord King, are known as 'shadow' mystics. We are not considered normal by any means. Drake though has a unique ability with his magics, it makes him stand out a little more then the rest of us." She took a few bites of her food before returning with her own thoughts. "So, How have you all seemed to come together? A bit of a ragtag group it seems. Two mystics, one light, one dark. An alchemist, sorcerer and a mechanic? It's honestly amazing you've all lasted this long really."

"Elizabeth your manners. These are my friends and the King's guests. Please show a little more respect. They are my friends, I would like if you treated them as such." He shot a look towards her knowing well where that conversation was going even though he had told them earlier it was off limits.

She had taken her seat listening to the chatter of the table. She poked at her food while the others ate. She wasn't hungry, she was, but not enough to really eat. She listened looking between the three and noticed something the others may not have but decided to keep it quiet. Something opening and closing portals had granted her, a way to see energy patterns.

He listened to the talk about his table though would remain silent. If Drake felt no need to speak much on his background he would allow him that. He looked to each in turn studying them, then noticed the mystic. He watched her a moment simply toying with her food and not part of the conversation. Drake had been right about her, she was difficult to read at times, as was the one next to her. An odd quality for humans at least. He ate his dinner in silence awaiting a better time to speak up to his guests.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 pm
Locke felt it best to keep his comments to himself now, but even if he was making what he thought to be a right choice, he had no control over Sam's voice and comments.

Sam turned towards Elizabeth, Drake, and the king, watching them converse, and suddenly realizing something very important. "Drake! You never told us you were royalty! Although now that I look at it, this would explain a lot of things..."

Jack, listening to Sam's claim, suddenly choked on his meal, and grew just as silent as Locke.  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Drake looked to Sam a moment unsure he should confirm her suspicion. He knew she had little proof to go on but would simply shrug his shoulders as the king chuckled. "No one ever asked, and it's not something I advertise." He said plainly. He was hoping this would quiet her tone a bit. He turned towards Elizabeth though as she also found it amusing.

She laughed hearing the human girl's remarks. It was refreshing the sense of humor of her. "Oh Drake, you've been found out, whatever will you do now?" She meant it as a joke but would hush quickly feeling her father's hand on her own gently. She nodded a bit refraining herself from further speaking out on the subject.

He listened to the human girl amused at the observation but was sure the other mystic had guess since she hadn't reacted to the comments. "Yes, Drake is my youngest son of four. Sadly the only son still alive, and Elizabeth here is my oldest daughter of two. Her younger sister is happily married with another now king." His voice was low and gently, though carried an undertone fierceness to it. After more silence he would look to each before looking to the other mystic once more. "Are you not hungry my lady? I've not seen you eat since you've sat down at the table."

She listened to everything going on but remained quiet. Once she was addressed she looked up from her plate at the king. "It's not Jack's cooking. I doubt it will be as good. But thank you, I am not that hungry." She listened to him chuckle again though was sure that would have offended him. She was puzzled by this king before remembering he wasn't her king.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:29 pm
Jack and Locke both looked on in shock as Drake and the king confirmed what Sam had figured out on her own. "You mean I've been traveling with a future king? Wow. And Alchemists are supposed to have a great eye for detail. How in Relm did I miss that?"

"Don't feel too bad, Locke. I just noticed that all three of them looked alike." She bowed slightly with some respect to the three, feeling a little at ease, realizing this was Drake's family. "If you don't mind my asking, how did you three start traveling together? Seems kind of odd for a prince to be traveling with us common folk.  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:36 pm
"Well, it was actually because of Andrea really. Locke and her had arrived at one of the towns I was on errand to for the King. It just so happened this town was known for being in heavy with the Order, in which Locke and Andrea had just broken free from. One of their agents whom I'm happy to say is gone took off with Andrea as Locke ended in the dungeons. Jack ended there somehow, and the two seemed to already know each other. I offered to help track their friend and after we found her I'm not sure why we stuck around. I believe it was curiosity about Locke and Andrea's bond." He looked between them all as he talked knowing the others could fill in the gaps.

She listened thankful none noticed more then the questions Sam were asking. She did note the king's amused expression when she had spoken out, then simply listened as Drake explained their traveling.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:47 pm
"Is that so? Well, I guess what Drake said is mostly true. Andy and I were captured, and eventually, with Drake's help, we were free and on the run. Shortly after that, we began traveling, coming to a town that eventually did not seek to do us harm. Not to mention all the portals opening up around us. That was about the time that one opened up, and we met Demona..." Jack stopped, realizing it ay have been a touchy subject still.

"Yeah. Demona became a good friend and Ally. Whether or not it was love, I still am not sure, but her and I were close. It was also around this time, before Andrea had disappeared, that this one mystic, Gaurin, had begun to make his intentions known in my death, strangely enough." Locke lifted his metal arm to the king. "My own reminder of that day. He tossed a philosopher's stone at me, and it began to deconstruct my body. Luckily, Demona had saved my life."

"And that's where I come into the picture I guess. They hired me to do the work on Locke's new Machina, but soon after, those clansmen attacked, and we lost Andrea for a time. Shortly after, we found a new temporary home where I was able to give Locke his arm, and, unfortunately, witness the death of Demona." Sam grew silent, missing her friend.  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:56 pm
She listened as the others spoke remaining silent. She didn't have much to say more then what they had already. She felt it better simply to stay quiet. It would give her less chance of offending the king or others. She finally started eating as she focused on that for now.

Elizabeth listened to them all and wanted to question the other mystic, but the look from her brother had stopped her. He was never any fun. "Well then it seems you've all been through quite a lot then. Well, the past is over now time for your futures correct?" She got the sense they were about to become dreary and didn't wish that. "So, what other news is there to discuss?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:07 pm
Locke looked towards Elizabeth strongly, finally feeling confident enough to ask what he has wanted to for a while now. "Actually, there is something that I have been wanting to know for a while now. It's about Andrea and myself. I was informed in the past, that in fact, Andrea was 'given' to the Order? Why is that, and why of all other magical people in this world, was a lowly Alchemist as myself taken into the order as well?"  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:14 pm
She looked to Locke a moment simply shrugging her shoulders. "I wish I knew the answer for you. But I as was Drake, are not allowed to that information, no matter how much Drake asks for it."

He listened to the conversation until Locke asked his question. "It was the council of Elder Mystics that decided the fate as to what mystics would be taken and who would not be. Andrea's village was on the list of those to be taken by the Order. The exchange was that they would stop the portals. While regretful and sad our choice was, the outcome is what they had promised." He paused a moment before continuing. "As far as why you directly were taken, the Order has yet to answer me. I do however believe that it may be because of your stepmother when you were younger. I have done my research on all of you before allowing you at my table. Your stepmother was a mystic of Andrea's home, you were friends of the children that were taken. The Order may simply have heard of you, sought you out for improvements as they call it."  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:35 pm
"In other words, what you are saying, is that Andrea was collateral damage, and I was guilty by association? In a compromise that has had very strong repercussions, even though it would appear that the truce has not been kept on the other side. The portals are still being activated, and as you can see from Andrea's scenario, things have gotten out of control, don't you think?" Locke was now a little hot-headed at the mention of his step-mother. It still angered him that he could not remember the one kind person from his childhood.  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:40 pm
"According to my sources that is what happened in your case, though I've heard you are not the only one like this. Now as for the business with miss Andrea and her home. It was not a decision that came lightly. We knew what would happen if they failed. As you can see by the rumors, Miss Andrea here can close portals. In their par of the truce, they had come through. She also seems to pose a threat to those opening portals. My sources again state they have taken to trying to kill your little group. That does not reflect our decision years ago." He was calm knowing the other wouldn't understand. Most of his own people hadn't. He knew well if the girl that could close portals hadn't been in certain places, they would have been lost.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:47 pm
Locke sighed heavily, wishing he understood what exactly had happened. His only sense of home was a home that no longer existed. His life had been hell, his best friend had been captured and tortured beyond normal capacity. And now, he was still on the run for his life. Locke sighed heavily, and removed himself from the dinner table, returning to his room.

Jack watched as Locke left abruptly. He decided to go after him. "Please excuse us, your Majesty."  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:01 pm
Drake listened seeing a slight change in Locke and was thankful Jack went after him. He noted Andrea's silence but at least she was eating now. He gave a light smile towards Sam hoping she would be okay with all of this. They would sit there eating till dinner was finished before all separating. Drake would go with Elizabeth to discuss family matters leaving Andrea and Same to head back if they wished.

The King looked to them as all had left and soon called to the one known as Andrea. "Andrea, if I may have a few moments of your time?" He watched her pause and stood beside her. "I'm sure you're aware of one we hold in my dungeons. If I may ask your assistance in possibly breaking him or getting him to speak where he seems stubborn to not with us?"

Andrea turned looking to the king hearing his request. She would let Sam know she could go on and followed the King to the dungeons. Once there she stood before the Clansmen's portal maker. Her eyes narrowed still wanting his head, but then realized more then she wished to and shook her head with a chuckle. "You are a fool your majesty. You have a portal Maker here. Has the thought ever occurred to you or your men, given his specialty that he could have escaped you at any time?" She looked to the King as if this wasn't fully a new idea to him. She turned hearing the clansman laughing. "So then, you're just one of many portal makers. Before your lackey was killed on the other side he made mention that there would be more. "Majesty expect others to come for him, but more to destroy your kingdom from the inside out. Now if I may be excused? I believe a friend needs a speaking to." She watched as the King nodded and headed back towards the rooms.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:00 pm
Jack had caught up with Locke in his room. "You know, Locke. You didn't have to be rude to our hosts. After all. They are Drake's family."

Locke punched a dresser with his metal fist. "That doesn't excuse them from what happened, does it? And the fact that Drake is associated with them doesn't make them any better. I'm sure you've heard the stuff his father has done in this land." He was still frustrated, but managed to catch himself, and got a hold of his anger. "Forgive me, friend. I did not mean to direct my anger towards you."

"It's fine, Locke. You've just realized that your mother, whether by blood or not, was killed to satisfy the desires of villains. It's quite understandable. I have great sympathy for you. But you have to watch yourself around the palace. Okay?" He watched as Locke nodded. Sam grabbed Jack's arm, letting him know she was there.

"Locke, you got to realize. We'll always be there for you. We're your family too, okay?" Sam did her best to calm Locke. He was like a dear brother to her.  

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:08 pm
Andrea soon came to the room hearing the others trying to console Locke and wondered if she should interrupt. She decided it for the better and knocked lightly on the door. "Would it be all right to speak with him alone for a bit?" She wasn't sure they would go but needed to speak to him. It was something she had been putting off since he kept asking about her memory of their once home.  
Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games