Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm kind of bored. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:16 pm
Yokies

Yeah, thanks. ^^' Still feels wierd. I'm used to the naysayers going, 'you didn't go back to college immediately! You obviously are never going back!' But colleges and universities aren't always so easy to get in to, so why would you just run in there not truly knowing what you want to earn?
Say, did you attend college? What do you do for a living, if I might ask? And do you like your job?

About the boyfriend thing, that's a life lesson for anybody listening, lmao. I've mentioned I don't have much dating experience, so for me, I know i need to be cautious about guys wanting to cheat, though I am not a jealous person. I know that I cannot rightfully expect somebody to be exclusive to me when we never agreed mutually on that to begin with. But I'd still like to know what's going on, that being said...don't sneak around behind my back. Be real, treat me like an adult, and I'll extend you the same courtesy. Same thing applies to a normal situation, not just a boyfriend/girlfriend setting.

I find that people blame social media for bad manners, or they blame parents. That's unfair because it varies based on the situation. But on some level, it does seem true...people are a lot more rude than they used to be. They don't speak or write properly anymore. Stop kicking the dead horse that is the english language already, lol. This kind of plugs in to the whole aspect of 'blaming everything but oneself' problem, because so many have a hard time taking responsibility for their own actions and have to pass the buck on, come up with some type of justification, no matter how half-assed it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:41 pm
Sakaiden

Yeeah people who say that obviously like to ignore all the people in their 30's, 40's in college and hell, I knew a women in her 60's who still went back. It's like just because some people are perfectly fine jumping headfirst into college not really knowing what they're doing doesn't mean everyone has to, and honestly that kind of thing contributes to a lot of drop-outs because these young adults didn't realize what it would really be like and get scared putting all this money into something they don't want. Not that college is the most horrible scary thing out there, but it IS for some people and that needs to be understood.
I went to a community college but life kind of got in the way to be honest. My depression started way back in high school before I even realized it, and it just kept getting worse through the years. I didn't realize that's what it was, so I never got any help, so I dropped out of the classes I was taking because I just wasn't completing any work. Sadly, I also don't do anything right now, my son takes up the majority of my time and not being able to afford daycare or having anyone reliable to watch him, I'm kind of stuck at home. I don't exactly mind it as I like being there for my son and my husband when he gets home, but I hate not being able to help him monetarily wise. My son should be starting school soon though, so hopefully that frees up some of my time.

I used to be kind of a jealous person, but I've definitely settled that out over the years. It might be attributed slightly to my indifference, but at the same time I realize being jealous isn't pretty and it doesn't help anyone and it's certainly now flattering? I'm not sure where people get that from haha. And yeah, I also realize that relationship dynamics differ between everyone and just because I'd do something a certain way doesn't mean I should expect everyone to do the same. Not to say that there aren't clear signs of an unhealthy or negative relationship, but things like polyamory and sleeping around without strings attached aren't it lol. If someone wants to do that, it's fine because it's their life and it doesn't affect me. As long as the relationship is fully laid out and everyone understands how it's gonna work so no one gets hurt, then it's all good. And you're right, it's not just relationships with a significant other that that applies to, it's like that with everyone. You treat everyone with respect and you'll get the same. The only time I don't respect someone is when they've fully proved themselves to be a huge a*****e. xDD

I'm not gonna lie, social media and parental guidance do play a role, but neither are entirely to blame. What builds up a young person is pretty much every single thing they interact with in their life, which obviously includes parents and media, but that's not all. And of course it also has to do with the individual themselves. Sometimes a person thinks it's perfectly acceptable to be an asshat and it really has nothing to do with the people they have in their life. They make that choice. But of course there are people who can't cope with negativity in their life and it just becomes apart of them. They don't necessarily mean it, but they do have to recognize they're doing it and change. Even if an outside source brought about your bad behavior, it's up to you to analyze what it was, change/fix/get rid of it, and move on. It can take a long time, no one says it has to be an overnight change, but you have to make the effort, especially when you know full well what you're doing.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:35 pm
Yokies

That's very true. I wasn't thinking of it quite like that, in my head it was more of, 'I don't want to rush into something that'll become useless' rather than the whole dropout ratio. And you're absolutely right. During my first year of college, I was in a few courses, one of which being called 'Honors: Sustainability and Surviving the 21st Century'. Counted as a science, an english, and a lab, something my college did called a learning community....great experience, but the workload was crushing. I did lots of environmental classes, that being the biggest of all, and it began with a full class of students. By the end of the course, only a handful were left. I hung in there as long as I could, but the work load was so unreasonably high that my other classes suffered horrifically and I had to drop the course at the end, which felt more like a wasted effort in my opinion.
But the amount of people who quit is staggering. The same followed for many other classes, I discovered. I didn't want to quit any more classes ever again after that because it's such a waste, but I never realized how often people leave despite that.

Oh I'm sorry to bring that up though, hopefully you can get some of your free time back. :3 If you ever have the chance, would you go back to college now?

Its different for everyone of course, but jealousy seems to be this disease that afflicts large numbers of people in the age bracket of preteens to young adults. Of course, that's a massive generalization and probably an unfair one at that. I guess I shouldn't say such things. XDD'

Alas, not everyone understands what respect entails. Like the word 'love', its something which gets thrown around ad nauseum, and the word itself has become so diluted that it holds no real power anymore. Unless you know the one saying it, and realize they absolutely mean that.

Catching errors is one of the loopholes in humanity. So many either can't or don't want to face that in themselves, or even within another person whom they do not wish to witness certain aspects within their character. I think its safe to say most everyone knows somebody in their life who is so addicted to hogging the limelight, they will do absolutely anything in their power to get attention, even if it is negative. I don't pretend to understand why they do that, but I suppose it has something to do with, 'bad attention is better than no attention'.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 am
Sakaiden

That's also true. You don't want to get into something that'll ultimately get you nowhere. Which granted, a lot of degrees could still get you nowhere if there are no jobs in the market, but some knowledge is more "valuable" in our society than others, and a job may open up for you in the future. That stinks about the class you had to drop. Some classes definitely outrank others in terms of workload and just plain how difficult it is. Hell, it doesn't have to be difficult, if it's just too much that's all it takes.
And yeah, even with the fear of wasting so much time and money, some people just still can't do it. And I can't really blame them either. College certainly isn't for everyone, and even if pursuing higher education is something you'd really like to do, sometimes a person just isn't cut out for it. Not to say they're stupid or anything, but it happens. I know there will always be things out there I wont understand no matter how hard I try, advanced math being one of them. xD

Oh no it's fine, I don't mind talking about it. o wo; It's just that I feel awkward when someone makes it a big deal that I'm not in college or working. I know it's not the best scene, but it's what I gotta do right now, so that's just how it is. I'm not sure if I'd go back to college right now? I'd have to really consider what I want to go for. I tried interning at a hospital before and ended up choking up at a surgery. I wasn't allowed to go to another trip because of it. sweatdrop Well, mainly because my now husband was helping me cope and our teacher felt like something else was going on when really, I was just feeling horribly sick, but yeah. I also wanted to go so badly for art while I was growing up, but at the same time I know there isn't much work out there for artists, it's not the best to go into schooling for. So I'm not.. too sure. sweatdrop I'm pretty good at cooking, so I've considered culinary, but if I have to do it for a living I feel like I'd eventually hate it lol.

Ah well, I do believe the generalization comes from the fact that preteens and young adults aren't equipped with the experience in coping with those types of feelings. People tend to give people within that age bracket a bad wrap for being overly emotional and being self-centered, but that's a time where many young adults are coming into their own and they don't know how to handle all these new feelings, emotionally and physically, that they're having. For those of us who already lived through those years and been through different situations and garnered experience from it, we've learned to handle those feelings in a more mature way. We can analyze our issues and see what's wrong and fix them. Of course, there are people who refuse to grow up in that sense, but for the most part we learn to get over ourselves and look at the bigger picture haha. This also reminds me of how a lot of my friends said I should have went into psychology. My analyses of them and their problems are more or less spot on half the time so they're always questioning why I hadn't, but again, life got in the way. xD

Ah yes, love certainly does get thrown around a lot. It's more of people just not fully understanding what that type of word fully entails. We've been through years and years of it's meaning being dwindled further and further that mere attraction can be deemed love, it's kind of unsettling how quick people want to fall into that kind of thing. Love is a scary word for others too and it makes them uncomfortable. We're just all so different. ; w;

That's definitely an issue within humanity haha. No one wants to see negativity within themselves and would rather avoid it in people they know. They don't want to bring up these things because it's just not fun to talk about it. I know I do it with one person I know. She's very close to me and is practically apart of my family, but she has some very skewed beliefs on some situations that I don't agree with, and its actually unhealthy thinking to have. I had tried to talk to her about them before, but I've found that it mostly gets me nowhere and I can't really change a person who doesn't want to. Though I suppose that means I haven't just ignored the negativity in her views if I've tried to talk about them, however as of late that's what I've been doing. Oh yes, the bad attention is better than no attention is such a big deal. Like.. so many people do it because they just don't want to be ignored, it sucks. sweatdrop

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:28 pm
Yokies

Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond, I've been having a hard time with my computers, and the one I'm on now tends to shut down whenever it wants and messes up lines of text. The cursor tends to flicker to different spots of a paragraph, so annoying!!!

OMG I know! Math melts my brains,I'm more of an english/art/history person. I have some pretty awful test anxiety too, so I definitely sympathize with you on the whole math thing.

Interning at a hospital, and being in a surgery? o.o So were you in nursing or something? I don't mind blood and gore, and it doesn't bother me to see my own blood, but when I see a lot of blood from someone I love, my anxiety goes into overdrive. I'm not sure I'd be able to handle that either, but if you were sick thats another thing entirely.

You keep mentioning art, so what's your art style? Are there certain mediums you preferred to use and specific subjects you liked drawing or painting?

A lot of times people underestimate the value of being able to step back and take an objective look at the whole picture. When you can do that for your friends and family, they begin to realize how valuable that can be. Far as I see, you've got a good head on your shoulders and seem compassionate. People respond to that in a big way. ^^ Plus, knowing the person you offer advice to helps volumes, wouldn't you agree?

Sounds like it's just one of those things that you and her will have to agree to disagree on. Some people...and, I am related to a handful of these, feel that they may not always be right, but they're NEVER wrong. You could say, 'Hey Joe, the sky is blue.'
And Joe would say, 'No sir, the sky is red!'
At which point, you can argue the point with a close minded individual who wants to be right, or walk away, or maybe joke about it. I usually end up saying something to the effect of, 'Well, you're colorblind.'

Then of course, there are those who must aaaaaalways have the last word.... @_____@' If you have an argument with more than one person like that, it will never ever end.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:18 am
Sakaiden

Oh that's perfectly fine~ I'm happy as long as someone eventually gets back to me. o wo I've waited months in between replies with a few people before. xD

Ah yeah. The anxiety thing comes up in a whole lot of things. It was definitely a problem in math. I always second guessed myself, even in the times where I was right. But ugh, even without that I think I'd still be terrible at match. I didn't do too well in Calculus, but I guess at least I made it that far? I think I mainly didn't do well because I was sick so much and I even had surgery that year. sweatdrop Senior year was a BAD year for me haha (the same year that guy did what he did to me).

I did a lot of different things, I suppose you can say I was trying to do too much that year, which is probably another reason why I just.. dropped everything. sweatdrop I wasn't specifically learning nursing, but I did go to a few classes for it. I was running around in a little bit of everything, but I was mostly monitoring the ICU and ER. We watched the surgery as a part of a class trip basically, but yeah they like.. stuck a rod in through this man's leg to get to his heart and it was all just so gruesome, I couldn't take it. Seeing my own blood gets me troubled as well. Recently I stubbed my toe at the supermarket on the rolling cart we had and I ended up feeling light headed looking at the blood on my toe. It was so sad. sweatdrop

I don't really have a style, at least not anymore. I did more like a anime-type style. I wanted to try and get away from that style, but that was around the time I lost interest in drawing so I never got around to it. I mostly drew with pencil, I hardly colored or did anything else, but I was pretty good with paints despite almost never using them. I could replicate like a boss as well. rofl

That's also true. When you know the person it's a lot easier to access their situation and what they might be feeling, and if you really know a person, you've probably been around them long enough to know what's shaped them to be the kind of person they are, and you can relate to them easier on a personal level.

That's true. Thankfully we've never had an actual argument about anything, it's just that whenever I explain my viewpoint and how it's not necessarily healthy or good to have her kind of mindset, she like... nods and yeahs but it doesn't actually stick? And like.. I'm not trying to be the kind of person like "I'm right you're wrong end of", like these are genuine things she shouldn't be thinking and affect her life in a negative way. If it were anything else I wouldn't even bother, but yeah.
So like.. at the end of it she still.. does what she wants even after I've talked myself to death on why it's not necessarily good, but like you said, people have to agree to disagree. Even if we haven't actually got to that point, it very much seems like I'll just have to accept that she isn't going to change her mind. sweatdrop

Oh gosh yeah. People who want the last word are always the worst. Like.. it's always completely unnecessary and unwarranted, because it's usually the people who are wrong who want the last word lol.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:32 am
Yokies

Ugh damn it this laptop pisses me off when I'm trying to type. Haha yeah I hear you, sometimes people are awful at responding to posts. It gets especially annoying when you're an RPer, and your partner(s) don't answer for months on end. O___O Talk about a cliffhanger!! But mind you, I'm ADHD. One minute is more like one hour for me. If I'm going 60mph down the highway, I feel like I'm going 30. It was kind of funny when I was working in this fast paced foodservice environment, we had to cram like 8 hours worth of work into barely 4 hours, because our shifts were from 4:00pm -7:30pm, for dinner. I'd be like 'ASDFVNKVNKDSLVSK DONE WHATS TAKING YOU PEOPLE SO LONG ITS BEEN LIKE A HUNDRED YEARS SINCE WE CLOCKED IN' Oooh yeah. That used to piss my coworkers off.

Oh, and you can talk uber fast, understand what others say when talking uber fast, and it agitates my mother because my dad and I do that. XDD She's whip-smart extremely intelligent and quick witted, but we just talk too fast I guess. It doesn't feel that way. o.o' Is that strange?

...Ok ive tried writing this post about four times by now because my laptop is possessed and skips backwards like eight pages while I'm writing.

Through the leg to the heart? Surgery is strange, that's not a journey I'd go on. o.o' Sounds like you definitely had too much on your plate, i think anyone would be overwhelmed.

Art is fun and relaxing, a way to vent your creativity. ^^ Sounds like you replicate a hell of a lot better than me...as for reproductions of paintings...I CAN do them but I prefer to leave my own spin on them instead. I've done a few reproductions, and my cousin wanted me to do a sofa-sized Georgia O'Keefe Poppy painting, but she never got me the materials for it. I refused to buy them on my own dime because they're so expensive. I like Golden-brand acrylic paints, they tend to be expensive, and i would've had to build the canvas myself and didn't have the lumber and didn't have a roll of cotton duck on hand. Also, if she was serious about it, I thought she would just get the stuff or give me the cash to do it, but I guess not. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed or relieved; building canvas stretchers can be sort of annoying,no matter how easy it is . >>'

Not so fond of oils, and I haven't had much chance to experiment with watercolors. A good friend of mine who draws manga swears by watercolors though. However, I've recently got into using Prismacolor markers, and they're awesome. I love colored pencils as long as they're good quality, and I like to think I do great work with charcoal. White charcoal is especially nice I think, helps sharpen and clean up details and bring out the full range of gray from the black charcoal. There's something so...meditative...about it. o.o'
However as for what subjects, I'm a crazy dragon lady. I draw dragons all the time, but I can draw most beasts if I put my mind to it. But I can draw anime to an extent, I'm better at drawing mythical beings. And call me crazy, but there's something beautiful and raw about an unfinished sketch.

What made you want to depart from drawing in anime style so much, did you feel like it was just time for a change?

You have to accept that she won't change her mind, but SHE, the close minded one, will also have to accept the same of you. There's a certain level of give-and-take which goes beyond most people these days.

Those who want the last word are not always typically on the losing end of the argument, but I have noticed many of them can't articulate their point effectively, which develops a lot of frustration in them. And they feel like they need to beat the argument to death until they are satisfied that you see where they are coming from...conversely, they are so busy doing that, that they don't necessarily see where YOU are coming from.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:59 pm
Sakaiden

I've had friends who have complained to me about that. xD Some of them say it's fine since their partner(s) are very good writers and it's worth the wait, but then there are others who say they're not that great but they only RP with them because all the good people are taken haha. My brothers have ADHD. They certainly get far more bored than anyone else, you can tell when they get in those moods. They stopped taking their medication a long time ago, which is probably one reason they're not satisfied with anything. The worst thing they do is bored-eating. Can't afford to feed someone who eats like that. xD And haha I can imagine it would suck for your coworkers if you could do all the work far faster than they can. It makes them look bad I suppose, but I mean.. if you can do it it's not like you're gonna slow yourself down lol.

I don't think it's strange. I don't have ADHD but I still talk too fast for some people. Other times I have a hard time figuring out what I want to say so it's not too quick, but when I'm a roll even I kind of forget what I just said. rofl

Surgery definitely is strange. They wanted to kind of the same thing with my mom, though it was uh.. I forget where they wanted to start, but they were going to go into her brain. She opted for them to just go in through her head though because she wasn't comfortable with the alternative.

I could go as far as drawing portraits spot on if I had enough time for them. Sometimes when we drew people in class they turned out very well, but since we just didn't have enough time I never finished them, it kind of sucked. I have this bomb picture of this boy in my class but I only ever finished down to his waist. xD I've replicated quite a few paintings in school, and also just random drawings for friends, back before everyone got printers lol. But yeah that kind of material can be hella expensive, I wouldn't have done it either if she didn't get it or at least gave cash lol. I've never built a canvas, but I can see how it might be annoying even if it's not inherently hard haha.

I've worked with watercolors, it can be difficult if you don't have a lot of space for them though. Oil is okay for me, but I haven't used it in a long time. Aah I've always wanted to try prismacolor markers, but they're so expensive and I fear I wouldn't only waste them. sweatdrop
I really loved drawing animals back in the day. I used to go on a pet site and drew all my pets all the time. I tried dragons but I never made them too detailed due to the scales haha.

I never actually got the chance to change my style, so I would still say it's pretty much anime, but I just wanted to try and give another style a shot. Anime started feeling very generic to me and I just wanted to try making it different little by little.

Haha yeah. If I don't think that way she's got to understand that as well. I mean at the end of the day, I only ever wanted her to understand her way of thinking is unhealthy because it actually very much negatively affects her. I mean, she's planning on marrying a man who disrespects her and then only tries to make up for it when she gets angry. He lords himself over others because he thinks he's superior, he doesn't want to work to help her pay bills, and he's disrespectful to her friends. She's doing it because she believes in being loyal till the end and forgiving people even when they don't deserve it. But she does tend to be hypocritical when she tells her friends that cheaters are always cheaters and that should break a relationship when her man did indeed cheat on her. But as I said, it goes in one ear and out the other. And it's not just about her relationship with him either, it's a lot of things, but that's the main thing that comes to mind.

That's also true. They're not sure what to do anymore and it usually results in frustration and then anger when they feel like they're losing. It's like when people raise their voices because they don't wan to appear that they lost the argument. I've seen people carry one the same argument for days just because one side doesn't like the way it ended, even though they know perfectly well that they were wrong, but they wont admit it and keep fighting until the other side just gives up and lets them have their way.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:33 pm
Yokies

Hell yeah, I sympathize with them. The rp partners I have are exceptional if I might be so bold to say. ^^ I love them to itty bits, but it drives me bats when I can't get my rp fix and I'm on a cliffhanger. But admittedly, I tend to post very frequently, maybe more than is normal, i dunno. o.o' I have rps that have been going for as long as 15 years, and others for like 6 years, so on.

Yeah, I used to just yank their chains, yknow? Alot of my coworkers were obnoxious in their own right, so I figured why not. Making them look bad worked out to my benefit, I had a more secure job because I was quick and efficient.

I hear ya, I get on a roll and then i stop and realize what I just said and somebody will be correcting me. o.o' I could be talking about an rp to my best friend and she'll say, 'No, that character couldn't have said or done that, remember?'

I'd be like, "...oops?"

Ok what I'm about to say will sound like I'm a hippy. But no matter how you look at it, surgery isn't natural. The human body was not likely made with the intention of being cut open, or we'd be born with seams and stitches like dolls...so cutting a person open, no matter where, seems to produce some type of adverse effect, be it pain,stress, swelling or otherwise. Same thing with certain medications; there are side effects because in my opinion, something doesn't naturally occur in your body. Before long, the side effects rival the syndrome, and you're on a whole laundry list of meds just to strike a balance.

Should you ever try them, know Prismacolor markers are something you need very heavy gauge paper for, like bristol vellum. I enjoy using them...sure, they smell bad, but most markers do. They blend very nicely, depending on how long you allow a color to set. And you can get the marker nibs stained easily, but the colors seem to remain true to form. They're very lightfast, and are excellent for manga/anime purposes I find. That being said, if you make a sketch then pen in the lineart, you need to make sure that the marker you're using is like a PITT artist pen, something that;s not easily water soluble, or the lines will bleed badly when you start coloring and blending.

I've had my small set for about a year almost, and they haven't gone dry yet, which is always a good sign. XD You can work out a wide array of colors with the basic set if you have a good grasp of color blending so to speak, but I've learned that they do have a limit where I'm wanting to go purchase another set of different colors to expand on the collection.

Maybe if you're really up to it someday, just dive in and try drawing something...anything you're inspired to, and see what comes of it. Over the years, your style could have changed. I discovered that was the case for me as well. Sometimes I'd lose interest in drawing or become discouraged, and then I'd pick up a pencil again and lo and behold, my hand seemed to have a different style in mind.

That has to be hard to see, that this guy isn't doing right by her and instead of kicking him out she just stands by him. I can see loyalty, but at that point I agree with you, she's hurting herself by staying with him, but of course I'm sure I dont know the whole story. It does sadly remind me of what happened with my cousin and her oldest son and daughter. That douchebag father of theirs...man, I didn't trust him the second I met him before they married and had their kids.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:11 pm
Sakaiden

Oh wow really? 15 years huh? o-o That's pretty intense! xD I don't think I could go that long writing something haha. Then again I guess it's always changing, so it isn't like you're writing about the same exact thing, so I can see why some RP's can keep going for that long.

That's also true. You did what you could and it's only natural that you were praised for it and even a more secure position. You still worked and did what you needed to do. xD So props to you haha.

Though you can like.. change your characters, right? xD I mean, maybe one day they COULD do something different haha. But I guess if it disrupts their flow it might be weird, you'd have to like.. build up to it I guess.

Nah I get what you mean. Of course it's not natural. We're only able to do it because of what we've learned about the human body and what it takes to keep it alive under such stress and pain. It's a good thing that we've advanced so much, but yeah, it's definitely not natural. xD

Yeah I can imagine they'd probably smell bad lol. Definitely would need thick paper, I really dislike when markers bleed. ; w; I think I've only ever lined one piece of art before, and it wasn't even that good, but yeah, I'd like to try and do that. Make it more bold and stand out from the color I apply. I do have an art set, but I never got around to using it because of falling out of it. I want to use it but I have no space to. sweatdrop

It's good that you can blend the colors without them changing what they produce. It always sucked using a lighter color marker of another brand and then.. well if it touched a darker color it was all over. xD I have a basic understanding of color blending but I'd probably need practice with it regardless.

That might happen, I guess I just have to give it a shot. I'm always tempted to draw my avatars but sometimes they're kind of really detailed and I get discouraged. xD

I had lived with them for a short time, so sadly I know too much of the story. I get that they do have their good times and they can get along just fine, but like.. sometimes the cons far outweigh the pros. I just don't think no matter how much I loved and got along with someone, I could put up with that kind of treatment. Basically kind of.. treated like I'm their mom when it comes to taking care of and picking up after them and then them turn around and tell me I'm NOT their mom and they don't have to answer to me, and then disrespect me as if I did anything wrong to them. ._. That's just.. wowzers, too much. Yeah, I get that feeling a lot with some people, that I just can't trust them, for some reason or another.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:37 pm
Yokies

....Yeeaaaah...it never really hit home until now that this RP is actually older/as old as many people in this small world. o-o' What a concept, eh?
But yes it is ever changing, its such a flexible universe we've developed, and that's all I'll say on the subject so as not to bore you with the details. XD' But in terms of what you said of how characters can change and disrupting the flow, this whole thing largely rotates on each roleplayer's ability to improvise. Some people simply can't do it. I've had partners who up and quit on me because of that, or that's how I interpreted it anyhow.

My parents have gone on an organic kick recently, speaking of natural things. They've been cleaning with baking soda and white vinegar, and I couldn't believe what a good job those two things do! Sure it's not a perfect solution but it's way cheaper than spending 50$ on odd cleaning supplies every few months. I've been considering trying that. Last time I was scrubbing the bathroom I was coughing a lung up while using Lysol. Yikes, talk about not natural!

Yeah, if the lighter marker was bleeding because of a marker from a different brand, it could merely be that one was water soluble and the other wasn't. My fineliner markers are fairly waterproof but they aren't Prismacolor brand, only my coloring markers are. But they work pretty well together at least, and I'm glad...you'll laugh, but since I have no money to spend really, and I haven't been able to purchase gifts or cards for various occasions, I will instead make a fully colored drawing and write something nice and personalized on the back. Maybe that's a childish thing for an adult to do, but I feel wrong doing nothing, yknow? It's like gifting them a piece of art.

So if you are really that tempted to draw an avatar, maybe try drawing one of the simpler ones and work up to the more detailed stuff. ^^ That could always work.

Wow, that does sound like too much. I've seen that type of situation manifest itself in a few ways in various kinds of relationships, and no matter what, it doesn't seem right.

Yeah. Its like a gut instinct. You know, just KNOW, that somebody can't be trusted. Ever notice that small children and animals, specifically dogs, are also good indicators? It's like using crickets as an alarm system; the second a human comes close, they go silent, but with other creatures they don't skip a note.

XD ok, bad example, but I'm sure you get my meaning.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:35 pm
Sakaiden

Ah I see. I suppose once you hit a bump in the road like that, you might not want to continue depending on your writing style and how you think things should go. Someone who can't handle a drastic change in how a character behaves would more than likely complain or quit instead of going along with it. xD Though it kind of sucks at the same time when you're fine with changing them like that, because like.. a huge change can happen and be further explained later if you're given the chance.

I've heard about that solution before, though I never thought about using it. We don't actually buy a lot of cleaning supplies so it doesn't really cost all that much for us to keep them. xD And my parents are bigger on lysol than me. I don't like the way it smells at all. I use Ajax and Tilex while cleaning the bathroom, and if I want it to smell "pretty" (lol) I use a little bit of Frebreeze. They use TOO much of the cleaning supplies and the Lysol though, and I have to turn the bathroom vent on so it can air out. gonk

Nah I'm not gonna laugh at that haha. I used to do that kind of thing all the time before everyone I knew kind of.. drifted away doing their own things. xD I don't really know anyone who lives close by who would appreciate a drawing, and like.. I don't know them well enough anymore to know what kind of drawing they would like. Most of my close friendships are online now, I just don't really have anyone offline who I know anymore. ._. Yeah I could try and draw a simpler avatar first and work my way up if I get into it.

Yeah, it is a bit much. It's just.. you can't treat your SO like a parent and think it's perfectly fine to have them take care of you in every which way. Like I have nothing against someone predominantly cooking or cleaning or working if that's their choice, but that's what it should be, a choice. They shouldn't have to be made to do ALL of them while you sit and do nothing, and that's basically what he does.

Haha yeah I've noticed when animals are like that. My cat will sometimes do that too, where she just.. doesn't want to be around a person. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:19 pm
Yokies

Oh man that's just way too much cleaner then xD Those chemicals are so damn potent, it's ridiculous. I remember that a place I used to work at used industrial comet, that stuff was so potent it would actually strip your skin. Ironically, first few times that happens it feels more or less as though your hands have become baby soft, but then, do it too much and your hands will turn raw as hell.

This was in a nursing home, btw. And also sort-of funny story, one of my coworkers who wanted to be a doctor was cleaning the stainless steel cook's prep tables, and he decided to use a bucket he found from underneath the cook's dish sinks. He was using gloves if memory serves, but after he poured some cleaning stuff into this bucket and began scrubbing, he began complaining of an itchy sensation, and he began getting this beet red rash of tiny red bumps all over his arms, even through the gloves. The cook looked over, said to this doctor-wannabe and said, "Wait...where did you get that bucket?"

"I got it from over there." And he pointed to where, and the cook grew FURIOUS! He yelled, "Wanna know why you're getting a rash?! BECAUSE YOU JUST MADE HYRDROCHLORIC ACID, DUMBASS!!!"

harhar...I saw this guy years later at a store I worked at, and he said he wasn't gonna be doing a medical program after all. <<'

I hear you on the friends front. Most people I know have drifted away moved out of town. And two others are people I had a falling out with. Now, many of the people I know are online, though admittedly some of them I've known for about as long as I've been using the internet and they are indeed wonderful friends.

This is sort of a learning thing for me; my sparse few relationships have been long distance with one major heartbreak, but generally, there are no decent men around where I live. Not like I've been doing pub crawls trying to find me a man, but if I had a significant other and he treated me like his mother or something I'd probably deal with it for one month tops. Then if he didn't have some kind of life crisis going on that excuses that behavior I'd probably be done, unless he intends to change his behavior towards me. Because I ain't yo mama. I honestly have no clue how anyone could endure that sort of treatment for, like, years. Especially if its somebody you're sleeping with, that takes it to a whole new level of 'WRONG', imo.

Btw, I was sitting here making up banners/signatures for a rp guild I'm in, and after I made about 6 of them, it occurred to me that if I were charging for them I guess it would be somewhat illegal by Gaia terms, because like anyone else I google and pull whatever images I need to compose a banner or something. It should be okay as long as I'm not charging for it, right? I wouldn't charge for guildies & friends, but other people, absolutely...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:46 pm
Sakaiden

Yeah, like if you have to air out the bathroom then maybe you used too much. xD And yeah, they're definitely potent! My husband has asthma and it hurt shim to breathe it in. gonk So it's why I try to use as little as possible. But yeah, some of the cleaning products we have would probably eat at your skin, and definitely eff up your clothes, so you have to wear stuff you don't care about while cleaning with them lol.

Omg that's so disturbing that he MADE ACID JESUS CHRIST. Like.. it was THAT easy to make hydrochloric acid just from stuff lying around, that's intense lol. I guess it's probably a good thing he isn't going into the medical program, it certainly doesn't sound like he was ready for it lol.

Yeah that's pretty much the case for me too. The people I know online I've known for so long now, and some of them are like.. more important than all the offline friends I've ever had in my life haha.

That's disappointing. I guess you can say it's tough for you to entirely say that since like.. you haven't actively been looking for a man lately, but it's kind of sad to not really have a lot of decent men around. sweatdrop And yeah, I just couldn't do that crap either. Like.. she's made to pay the bills, cook the food, buy everything else they need, clean the house, and it's like.. what do you do again?? And he has the nerve to sit there and act like he shouldn't have to because "she can handle it". Like no, that's not how it works. So yeah, he basically treats her like a mom, just letting her do everything for him while he sits and plays games all day. I couldn't do that, it just wouldn't be worth it no matter how much I loved them.

I think if the banners include anything you didn't create yourself, then yes, it would be against the rules to charge for them. So yeah like.. looking up an image or using a premade brush and trying to sell what you did with them wouldn't work, but you can definitely do it for free, yeah. If you wanted to sell it, I do believe you'd need the banners/signatures to be all original.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Cret-chan
Crew

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff