Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:06 pm
PupSage
Mongooseh
PupSage

Self yout sold to the Dungeon Master!

As we brits say

"U fokken wot m8"

Autocorrect ... Sell your soul to the Dungeon Master!

Funnily enough, I read it exactly as intended, without realizing the spelling errors.

Also, is that actually an option? >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:07 pm
Noname 51

Mongooseh

PupSage

Rain Yupa

I'm giving Kuori one more day to posts any actions she would like to carry out before I advance the campaign to the next day. However, tomorrow evening I will be advancing to the next day regardless what has been posted.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:54 am
Kowsauni

While I remember I'm off from friday morning till Sunday evening to be a real ******** nerd and LARP. So no posts from me during that period.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:52 am
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

While I remember I'm off from friday morning till Sunday evening to be a real ******** nerd and LARP. So no posts from me during that period.

DR?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:03 am
PupSage
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

DR?

wot  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:22 am
Damage Reduction? Silly Pupsage, that's 3e Barbarians, not 4e Barbarians. rofl  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:50 pm
Rain Yupa

Eh?

Side note, player is starting to question why his character is sticking around. Her friend is an jerk who doesn't listen, uses her for her money, and constantly calls her a murderer. She doesn't have an opinion of Abby either way, but doesn't see either one wanting to go March on Aria. She finds Twyla annoying. And Valac is hogging her spotlight on the field.

Like ... I want to keep playing, but I almost feel like at some point if things keep up like this, she is going to take the papers from the last adventure and start going to local leaders to raise awareness against Aria.

Like ... I don't even know why she is on this quest line aside from, "Everyone else is going, I guess it's better than being alone."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:52 pm
Mongooseh
PupSage
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

DR?

wot

Dystopia Rising. You said Friday through sunday. not many larps do full weekend events except on special occassions. I was just pitching a guess at which LARP you were doing.

I play in the MES, Amtgard, and DR myself.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:03 pm
PupSage
Mongooseh
PupSage
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

DR?

wot

Dystopia Rising. You said Friday through sunday. not many larps do full weekend events except on special occassions. I was just pitching a guess at which LARP you were doing.

British they wouldn't be running against Lorien Trust in the UK.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:29 pm
PupSage

When I used to LARP, the events I'd go to would be either full-weekend, or different events on each day of the weekend (so we'd be there all weekend regardless). I didn't know that was not typical of other LARPs.

EDIT: Doubly so, since I'm friends with a LARPer from... Norway, I believe... and her events are all-weekend ones too.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:54 pm
PupSage
Rain Yupa

Eh?

Side note, player is starting to question why his character is sticking around. Her friend is an jerk who doesn't listen, uses her for her money, and constantly calls her a murderer. She doesn't have an opinion of Abby either way, but doesn't see either one wanting to go March on Aria. She finds Twyla annoying. And Valac is hogging her spotlight on the field.

Like ... I want to keep playing, but I almost feel like at some point if things keep up like this, she is going to take the papers from the last adventure and start going to local leaders to raise awareness against Aria.

Like ... I don't even know why she is on this quest line aside from, "Everyone else is going, I guess it's better than being alone."

I think it's boiling down to character personality clashes. Kuori is effectively a hunter who's trying to do good. Her very training encourages her to act first, to attack pre-emptively. Revenge suffered a great loss, and is built around making sure other people don't feel loss. While that's being repaired, it's still the very basis of his training, and not easily overwritten.

I think the thing is, Kuori (from what I can tell, going by her own cultural upbringing) is accidentally being rude to Revenge by refusing to acknowledge him - like how, for example, if two people got married and one spouse changes their last name, people not calling her by her new surname and using her maiden name on purpose all the time (or whatever the male equivalent to 'maiden name' would be if the husband changes his name). That, combined with her combat training readiness to engage enemies...

Revenge doesn't consider Kuori a 'friend', just someone who means well but has lost their way. He believes she's trying to help Corsica and Ying, not him. He's not actively stopping her solely because of what he believes is good intentions. He gives Kuori the benefit of the doubt, but he does that to everyone: A dryad witch, a strange girl bathing in a pond, a platoon of soldiers, some bandits on the road, a wizard in a cage, and a goliath ranger. All get the benefit of the doubt.

To him, Kuori is bringing harm to people who haven't had the opportunity to prove they can be better. OOC, I know the bandits need to die, I know the Arian soldiers were trouble the moment they showed up and needed to die. That was never lost on me. But to Revenge, he's not acting on gut instinct, but rather his heart.

OOC, I was trying to include you in the plot by having Kuori and Abby interact and try to work together to progress the plot. But after the first meeting going down in flames, the disrespect, and then you basically saying "go talk to her yourself" and shooting down my justification for inclusion... you're not making this easy on Revenge sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:59 pm
And how the bandit attack/request for money thing... how I was hoping it would turn out is that Kuori was apprehensively agree, the bandits and us would stop or attack, and either they'd prove they were scumbags (thus unshackling Revenge) but also Valac would be freed and Twyla could heal us during the pause... or Revenge would simply owe Kuori the money, and he would have paid her back in full the moment he had coin to give her for it.

The only reason he asked her, is because he didn't have the cash on him.

Oh well, they can't all go as planned sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:20 pm
Rain Yupa

I think it's boiling down to character personality clashes. Kuori is effectively a hunter who's trying to do good. Her very training encourages her to act first, to attack pre-emptively. Revenge suffered a great loss, and is built around making sure other people don't feel loss. While that's being repaired, it's still the very basis of his training, and not easily overwritten.

I think the thing is, Kuori (from what I can tell, going by her own cultural upbringing) is accidentally being rude to Revenge by refusing to acknowledge him - like how, for example, if two people got married and one spouse changes their last name, people not calling her by her new surname and using her maiden name on purpose all the time (or whatever the male equivalent to 'maiden name' would be if the husband changes his name). That, combined with her combat training readiness to engage enemies...

Revenge doesn't consider Kuori a 'friend', just someone who means well but has lost their way. He believes she's trying to help Corsica and Ying, not him. He's not actively stopping her solely because of what he believes is good intentions. He gives Kuori the benefit of the doubt, but he does that to everyone: A dryad witch, a strange girl bathing in a pond, a platoon of soldiers, some bandits on the road, a wizard in a cage, and a goliath ranger. All get the benefit of the doubt.

To him, Kuori is bringing harm to people who haven't had the opportunity to prove they can be better. OOC, I know the bandits need to die, I know the Arian soldiers were trouble the moment they showed up and needed to die. That was never lost on me. But to Revenge, he's not acting on gut instinct, but rather his heart.

OOC, I was trying to include you in the plot by having Kuori and Abby interact and try to work together to progress the plot. But after the first meeting going down in flames, the disrespect, and then you basically saying "go talk to her yourself" and shooting down my justification for inclusion... you're not making this easy on Revenge sweatdrop

I get it entirely on an ooc level, and I get the whole cultural thing, but ICly I am finding it hard to justify why she is hanging around.

As you said, there is a difference of experiences and cultures between them. Both of them are looking at the other as somebody who has lost their way in some form, but Kuori learned via that last conversation that she cannot "fix" Revenge.

Likewise, Petra, her only other motivation to stick around, is going to inevitably leave the group to be with Arthur and she wants to avoid that loss.

I dunno, I've gotten attached to this character, but I just don't get why she is still here any more. I almost wish that I could have gone on this hunt for the bandit that is happening instead of being faced with nothing/adventures with Petra part 2, or having her go inside the mansion weaponless and angry, and ending up like Valac did.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:37 pm
Voice it! scream Hiya is just a maid, but she may be able to get you a horse(Elephant) to catch up with boy wonder's possy  

Noname 51

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:48 pm
PupSage
I get it entirely on an ooc level, and I get the whole cultural thing, but ICly I am finding it hard to justify why she is hanging around.

I imagine it's for Corsica's and Ying's sake, more than anyone else's.

PupSage
I dunno, I've gotten attached to this character, but I just don't get why she is still here any more. I almost wish that I could have gone on this hunt for the bandit that is happening instead of being faced with nothing/adventures with Petra part 2, or having her go inside the mansion weaponless and angry, and ending up like Valac did.

Me trying to read the plot as it unfolded, around the time the meeting was crashing and burning, I assumed we'd have to go recruit the bandits to break in and steal what we need :$ That would have been a mighty adventure! And something Kuori would have excelled at far more than Revenge in accomplishing. (And, Sehanine is the goddess of the moon, love, trickery, illusions, and thieves. Revenge would have been totes okay with theft, if it helped people!)

--------------------

Also, as a reminder, I am the same player who has played a CE monk/rogue with these two feats and spent all his mid-level starting cash on nondetection magic equipment, and partied with a paladin. I've been on the other side of this coin.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games