Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:35 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

Irene would give Ruin a smile. "I'm afraid that wasn't part of the deal. Plus, they complete my ensemble. I couldn't part with them. You know, it's hard to remain this fashionable while traveling."

To the second part of his question she would respond, "Well, I guess it's because I'm just so excited! I've never been in a place like this and already I've seen some fantastic creatures that I would have never encountered otherwise! I feel so free, too! It's been so long since I've been able to go anywhere, without my stuffy guard suffocating me. I'll have you know quite a bit more negotiating took place between Mr. Roland and I once we were back at the fort, but in the end he felt he could entrust my safety to your party."

Irene would suddenly let out a yawn. "You know, now that you mention it, though, I am beginning to feel a bit fatigued. Perhaps it would be best to rest for a while now that the ground isn't so uneven. Should I set up camp?"  
PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:57 pm
Kuori feels the stone, crawling behind a rock and finding some paintings she had done as a chilld, the paint had flaked, but she could still see it all in her mind. "Yeah, my family and I used to camp here when we'd go on hunting trips. This is probably our last safe bastion before we get to the city, and if its been settled into after the attack we will need our energy. Do your thing Irene" She sends the lantern forward a bit.

Perception: 12  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:27 pm
Kuori spots nothing other then rocks and the occasional mushroom.

Irene pulls out of her magical dress the satchel and with but a magical word it unpacks itself into a full campsite complete with a fire. She also pulls out her basket of everlasting provisions and her unending keg for eveyone to partake in. Despite this abundance of food, she beings to imminently prepare to cook something on the fire as well. She would state to the rest of the party. "So, do we want to the same watch rotation as last night?"  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:49 pm
Insight 21 Is Irene telling the truth, that 'being excited' is the secret to her extended stamina?

"Last Shift!" Ruin would claim as quickly as Irene asked about shift rotations.

At the is point, he felt they would be screwed if anything truly wanted their chaps. Shift rotations or not. So, might as well be well rested.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:51 am
"This deep in I am just as blind regardless of shift. I will go where needed, at least I have a minor grasp of the terrain here. Revenge or Valac, take first though, if something impatient is out there I'd rather we see it coming.

Hrm, actually, Illikan, you'rewith me, two blind people beats one."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:44 pm
Revenge would look to Valac and offer a polite smile. "Though I cannot see the moon, doesn't mean Sehanine can't see me. I would still prefer the middle shift, if you would be so kind."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:23 pm
"Kind? That's me to a foot, how's that saying go? Kindness will kill them? I'm not fussy about the watch I'd do it all myself if I didn't need to drag you all through the muck tomorrow." Boasted Valac.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:08 pm
"Then Valac First, Illy 'n Kouri second, Revenge Third and I Forth."

"Irene Could I talk you into staying up with Valac? You seem the freshest of us ,and not that he would, I would like a tiny bit of security should he fall to slumber."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:28 pm
(Sorry, in response to your earlier roll)

Ruin sees no reason to doubt Irene's words, despite her frail appearance she has always come off as a bundle of energy through their travels. She seems to contain and inexhaustible hunger for new experiences. However...Ruin does notice her yawn feels a bit forced, as if she's trying to convince others that she feels tired.

"I'm fine with taking the first watch. Eeking out a few more hours of wakefulness should be no problem."

Irene continues work on her cooking as she hums merrily to herself. She appears to be making some kind of shish kabob. Out of what it is not entirely clear but it does seem vaguely...familiar.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:21 pm
With that bit out of the way, Ruin would draw what energy he could muster and push himself back to his feet. "Thank you." He spoke simply as he hobbled over and behind an vacant rocky pillar.

"Hey, Kouri, I have met a grand total of 2 of your people. Your exiled sister, and you. So, before we face off against a devil lead drow nation; can you tell us about your people?"  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:55 pm
As Revenge disarmored for the night, he would see Irene once again preparing food; with flashbacks to earlier, he would begin trying to distance himself from her dinner preparations. At his earliest opportunity, he would partake of his journeybread before more risque food could be offered (5 days of bread ration remaining).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:26 pm
Illikan made no complaints about the watch schedule. The others seemed a lot more bushed than he felt, but going second meant he could nap now and have some more worm stew or whatever Irene prepared during his shift. He started to set his armor and shield aside, and make ready for bed, half smile stuck on his face when something Ruin said caught his attention.

"I'm curious as well. I've spent time with the people of the mountain, but not those of the earth."

He settled down, getting himself into a comfortable position laying out to go to rest, but kept his head up and eyes keenly trained on Kuori, and curious.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:35 pm
Kuori's armor was already halfway off, but while she worked on the greaves she would humor the tiefling. "Well, Goliath are normally mountain folk, a long time ago my ancestors lived on top of a mountain somewhere up there with the rest of our people." She points upwards, "The mountain provided food, clean water, and metal, but it wasn't all perfect. We had issues with things coming out of the depths of the mountain. My great great great something or other was charged with setting up a bastion to defend the people above from what was coming up from below. He became elder Lightlost, he founded the city of Lightlost. Over the years the city grew, they carved it out. We worked with dwarves and the local sviferblim population the first several years until we grew into our own. We had walls, we had homes, all in sturdy stone. We hunted above and below until the collapse happened a century or so ago, closing off the rest of the tribe from us. So we learned to survive below." She tosses the left leg of her armor to the side, "Or did you want to know about the Goliath people in general?" She motions over her body to her tattoos. "We wear our lineage and our accomplishments on our bodies. The patterns on my face, neck and shoulders are that of the Lightlost, they match my sisters, my brothers, and every member of my tribe. My upper back and chest are my familial markers, the Ronso line, again, my siblings share these. My arms, my legs, my lower back, and my sides all represent my deeds. My first hunt, the first intelligent life I took, religious rites ... I uh, should technically be getting one for my newfound power from the Goddess, but time hasn't allowed me to gather the ingredients or finds one with the skill. My stomach, and the middle of my chest, and other areas are all bare because I don't have a spouse, children, or extended lovers. I have a few other spots to fill as well. Soon I will need to design something to represent a certain tiefling crew, since normally life changing people earn a tattoo on your flesh as well as your soul, and lord knows that meeting Revenge and everything there after has been life changing."

She pauses, "The shrine to Kuliak should be on the path between here and there, we don't put them in the cities as she is also a Goddess of exiles. We should likely pay it tribute if it stands, she has carried us this far."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:54 am
While Kuori told the story of her people Valac made himself busy... Looking at the shish kabobs.

"What meat?" He asked Irene.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:23 pm
As Valac came over and asked Irene about her cooking the usually boisterous Noble suddenly became sheepish. "Oh...uh...well...you see... I'm trying something new... I was making it for me, but, uh, your welcome to have some..." Finally, Irene would whisper quietly to Valac. "...its roper."

And indeed, now that Valac was closer he could recognize what looked like pieces of roper tentacle on the skewers as well as other pieces of meat from the interior of the creature. The tentacle pieces writhed a bit as they cooked in the heat. Irene was also making a pot of some sort of sauce, no doubt to dip the shishka bobs in.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games