Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:53 pm
{{Ooooh... Nvm then. lol.}}

Amy looked down at her arms and then her chest. "Yeah, I think I might want to get some just in case. I put a lot of sunblock on before I came, but it might not have worked for the whole day. I'll pick some up before I head home. I've been staying up late most nights, so I guess I just conked out for a long time."

Amy sighed softly and then reached down through the side slit in her skirt. She undid the leather pouch and pulled out the copies of the papers she had. She unrolled them and then walked over to her old chair on the other side of Kits' desk. She sat down in it and flattened the papers out in front of Kits.

"These are copies of the papers I had drawn up before I came to AS a couple weeks ago. That's when I intended to drop them off. You have full legal rights to everything now, Kits. My name is off of everything. You are the sole, full owner."

She ran her hand through her hair. "I know I should have handled this business part better and I'm really sorry for putting you in this kind of situation."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:04 pm
You can get some at the front desk. I started stocking it this spring. Must have been a good idea, because it sells out quickly.

*looks at the papers, smoothing them out and glancing over the top page* Thank you.

*looks at the top page, then moves them aside to read more carefully later* Why, Amy? Why did you disappear for so long, then come back and wait this long to come here to talk to me?  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Amy nodded. "That's a really good idea. You might want to create a little greenhouse, too, so you can grow your own aloe vera plants. You'd have to grow a lot to keep a steady supply, but I think it'd make you even more money in the long run."

Amy sighed at Kits' question, knowing it was coming and knowing that Kits deserved an answer. She had been running this scenario over in her head for weeks and still didn't have a good 'speech' thought up. She'd just have to speak her mind.

Amy sat back further in the chair and looked up at Kits. "It was really hard when Karrie broke up with me... I know you know how upset I was. I also had hope that we'd get back together once Karrie felt that spell or whatever that was affecting him had dissipated."

She frowned slightly as she remembered the day she had come into Aqua Springs and that hope had gone away. "I came in here one day... I honestly can't remember when it was. I just know it wasn't too long after Karrie and I broke up. I heard a lot of people talking about how Karrie was already with dame now. No one was saying how they knew. I didn't ask because I knew that if I did, they'd know I was there and would stop talking. They were just talking about how dame and Karrie were together."

"And that just about killed me, Kits. I waited for a few days for someone to come and tell me, to come to me and tell me the truth. But no one did. I started to feel like Karrie had just used the spell as an excuse to break up with so that he could get back together with dame. And I thought you would tell me since you were my best friend, but you never did. And you kept being friends with dame! You didn't even seem upset with her after what she did. That really, really hurt. I didn't feel like I could trust anyone anymore, and it was so hard for me to open up and trust you guys in the first place. I wanted to leave, but I tried to stick it out because I didn't want to keep running. But then Jessi got a job in the city and Daniel was going with her. Jessi convinced me to go with her and to get away from everything. So, Thistle and I went with her. I took the cat, too, but a day after we got there, he was gone. We went looking for him and found him walking down the shoulder of the highway back toward Geezerville. So we picked him up and brought him back to the city. He tried it again the next day. This was his home and he didn't want to leave it. I couldn't force him to live someplace he didn't want to, and I was afraid he'd get hurt trying to get back here all the time."

Amy looked down at her lap and played with the scarf around the top of her skirt. "I thought about calling you several times, but then I'd just get mad and turn my phone off. I kept putting it off and putting it off until it just seemed like it was too late, even when I wasn't as angry anymore."

"I had the papers drawn up about a month ago. A few weeks later, I came by to drop copies of them off. I just planned on dropping them off and heading back home. But then.... I ran into Kai."

A small smile formed on her face and her cheeks flushed slightly. "We talked and just one thing led to another. I didn't want to say goodbye to him, yet, nor he I, and he came over to stay with me. It's been like that ever since, and I just pretended we were living in our own little world with no one else outside."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:41 pm
I don't know anything about that, so I was just going to keep buying it to re-sell here. I got a good deal, buying that and sunscreen in bulk from the same company I get the food for the lounge from now.

*listens to what Amy has to say before she responds* Amy... Karrie and dame aren't dating. Yes, they spend a lot of time together and... do other things, but they aren't dating. They haven't since they broke up, before you and he were together.

I stayed out of it because I didn't want to be caught between everyone. It was bad enough when you and Karrie broke up, but you add dame, my other best friend, into the mix? No, I wasn't going to get involved if I could help it. Maybe you think that's selfish, to not want to be pulled apart by my friends as they argue. But that's the way I saw it.

You really think that the thing that was affecting him was an excuse? Did you honestly not notice the change in him? You were living with him, while I wasn't seeing as much of him. But I noticed. Even before what happened between us here.

I can't defend what Karrie did, because he did turn away from you very quickly. But that's the way he's always been. Even after he broke up with me, he was dating someone else within a month.

You have no idea how angry I've been with you for running away without a word. *wasn't at all surprised to hear that she's been with Kai, after he got her out of MW the other night* Living in your own world doesn't work.

*Jack escapes from the pet spa and runs down the hall to Kits' office, a spa employee chasing him until he runs into the office. He jumps up on Kits' lap*

Oh, and Phoenix is living with me. He's fine.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 pm
Amy nodded to what Kits had to same about dame and Karrie. "I wasn't sure if they were dating or just sleeping together. Dame doesn't seem like much of the commitment type, but I didn't know what was going on. I just overheard it here. Frankly, I thought it'd be kind of foolish of him to start dating her again after she cheated on him with Flame the first time. I remember how he was hurt after she did that and you and I tried to help him through it."

Amy frowned at Kits' reasoning. "I can understand what you're saying, but no, that doesn't mean I agree with it. You were my best friend, Kits, and I expected for you to at least tell me what was going on. You didn't want to pick sides, fine. But you could have been the one to tell me before I heard about it from someone else. That kind of stuff never stays secret as much as you try to keep it that way, especially in a small town. And yeah, I am a little hurt that you didn't seem upset at dame for jumping in on Karrie right after he had broken up. Or maybe it was him that chose to do it. Either way, I figured you might be upset with both of them for how they handled everything. They hurt me but you seemed okay with that."

Amy groaned at this and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Although, you didn't know that I knew at the time and was hurting. I tried to keep that hidden. And if Karrie did the same thing to you, then I can somewhat see why you wouldn't be upset with him... though it still sucks. I guess... I just wanted some support. I felt completely alone and it sometimes felt like you three were all in on this little secret and laughing at me."

"Yeah, I noticed Karrie was changing a lot and pulling away. I thought it was the spell until I heard people talking here about Karrie and dame. I then thought that he must have been pulling away from me because he was either cheating with dame at the time or he simply had feelings for her and wanted to be with her instead. It seemed like he wanted to try and be the good guy in all of this no matter what, so he wanted to use the spell as an excuse."

"And well, we were both really angry with each other, then. And sometimes, living in your own world is the only way to cope. I told you that I have never trusted easily and when whatever trust I do give out is broken, I don't cope well. I have a history of running."

Amy nodded to what Kits said about Phoenix. "That's good to hear. I was hoping he was with you. Thank you for that. I wanted him to go to a good family here."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:22 pm
Hold on, dame never cheated on Karrie. I've talked with dame about this, and she's been cheated on, she knows how it feels. She won't cheat on the person she's with. She left him, but she didn't cheat. That's what Karrie was upset about back then, that she left him. Before she slept with Karrie, she was waiting for nine months for Flame to come back. Nine months without a word. That is commitment. Staying faithful to a person who isn't even there.

You know, at the time, I thought it was just a one-time thing. Karrie never even said anything about it. It was dame who told me. And the only way that anybody else would have known was if they were eavesdropping on our conversation, or spying on Karrie. Because they were in Karrie's house. Nowhere else. Dame mostly stayed away from there while you lived there, but when you moved out, she started going over to spend time with him again. Because they're friends. No, I wasn't happy with them, but I forgave them. Because our friendship is more important than something that they did one night. After you left, I didn't really care much if they kept sleeping together.

As far as I know, Karrie thinks of dame as a friend. That's it. He didn't even consider her again until over a month after he broke up with you, when it looked like you were moving on.

Living in your own world isn't a way to cope. It's running away, only since you're still in the same place, the real world catches up with you. That's when you break down and end up in a mental hospital, because you pretended the problem didn't exist for so long that you can't handle it when it resurfaces.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:30 pm
{{I'm really confused about this Flame/Dame thing from years ago. I thought Karrie and dame were still going out when she left on that mission or whatever and then slept with Flame. I'm going to go back and check so I don't make another mistake....}}  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm
{{Yeah. There's all this OoC going on about how Karrie's going to, jokingly, shoot dame and a certain white dragon needs to talk to her. Why would they be talking about that if she didn't cheat? She left on that trip, I thought she was still with Karrie, Flame went on the trip as well, and they had sex.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:44 pm
((No. Dame broke up with Karrie before she slept with Flame. They flirted a lot before that, but did not have sex.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm
{{Ok.... Well, glad I checked this time.}}

Amy frowned at Kits in confusion. "She didn't? Oh.. Huh. I really thought that she had."

When Amy heard Kits say that dame started coming by Karrie's house after she moved out, the idea just made her hurt more and her skin crawl. They had had sex in the very house that Amy tried to make a home for her, Karrie, Velcore and Thistle? Yeah, it seemed very likely that they'd end up having sex at his house, but in her mind, she just convinced herself it happened in dame's room at MW, not the house she had worked so hard on with decorating, putting gardens in, having new kitchen counters installed. And just thinking about them doing it so soon after she had left, her scent still probably around the house, made her want to hightail it out of there as quick as she could and go curl up in Kai's arms. But running away before had gotten her into this mess in the first place with Kits.

"I see... Well, I'm glad I could help make the house nice for them to spend time together in...."

Amy knew she sounded childish, but she didn't care at this point. And her skin was starting to burn slightly. Damn burn. Damn the stupid sunscreen that didn't work all day. She'd have to work on a potion or charm to ward off sun rays.

Then, Amy looked up at Kits in confusion when she remembered her saying something about Amy looking like she was moving on. "Wait... moving on? How the hell did I look like I was moving on? I was crying all the time, and I even went to Karrie's to work on his garden when I wasn't even living there anymore. I tried to see him as often as I could."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm
((Um, excuse me, before my character has more uh...character defamation, dame has NEVER cheated unless you count that weird time she woke up kissing iggies. Karrie and dame broke up in May. Possibly June. Flame and dame did not start their relationship and have sex until July.

dame and Flame were technically going out over a year. She waited on him for nine months, give or take a few days, without any word. Eventually she gave up on him, made a decision, and gave Karrie a really, really good birthday present. Some of it was out of spite because of Flame to prove she was free of him and could do what she wanted.

Either way, dame has not cheated on Dec, Karrie (minus that weird iggies thing), or Flame. So how bout let's keep our "confused" lies to a minimum, okay?))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:05 pm
((Hmm, this page seems like a pretty good reference point to settle this argument. The ooc comments, that is.))

No, she didn't. cat_neutral Cheating is a big deal for dame. She won't do it.

It's Karrie's house. Not yours. What he does there is up to him. Even if he does have trouble keeping it clean sometimes. cat_rolleyes

You looked like you were moving on when you let Zephit move into your house. Nobody saw you upset about Karrie after that. Unless it was that he and Zephit never got along.

*rubs Jack's ears*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 pm
{{Ugh... It's not a lie if I didn't remember and made an honest mistake. I've shown on here several times with little things that I have forgotten many things in the past. That's why instead of moving forward just a little bit ago, I went and check and asked Kits again. Thank you for the link, Kits.}}

Amy scowled slightly at the house comment. "It's not so easy to stop thinking of a place as your home when you lived there for quite a few months and then find out that apparently sex was going on in that very house you called home shortly after you left. Try to put yourself in my shoes. If you lived with Rod and then you broke up, you found out that another girl came in and slept in that house that you called home, would you be alright with that? I find that really hard to believe."

"I let Zephit move into my house because he had no place else to go. No, I didn't know him very well and I soon found out that I made a huge mistake in doing that. I was just trying to be nice and helpful. And soon after, it became known to quite a few people that he started dating Liada. Pretty obvious that I hadn't exactly 'moved on'. And I tried not to let people see me upset about Karrie for very long after we broke up. I don't like appearing weak. And I also starting thinking that if I appeared strong and showed Karrie that I was fully able to take care of myself, he'd trust me around whatever it was that was going on with him and want to get back together."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:29 pm
*thinks about her answer before saying anything* After we broke up? Yes. Because I know that people move on. Some faster than others. Karrie just happened to move on really fast this time.

There was nothing obvious about that at the time. At least, not the way Karrie saw it. He saw it as you were moving on, so he began to as well. That's what I saw, at least. I'm not him, so I can't tell you exactly what he was thinking.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm
Amy was glad that Kits took awhile to think about the scenario Amy suggested before answering. A lot of people just would have responded immediately without even really thinking about it.

"Well, you're really lucky, then. Not all of us can move on that quickly. And from what you said earlier, apparently it wasn't the first time Karrie moved on really quickly. It just hurts knowing that you didn't mean as much to the person you loved as they did to you."

Amy still felt like Kits was taking sides, despite how she said she didn't want to. And really, it made sense that she would pick Karrie's side. But dame's? Well, this was just another experience she had to learn from.

"When I was at the bar, it seemed pretty obvious that Zephit and Liada were together, but maybe others saw it mostly as Zephit coming onto Liada and not as both of them wanting to be together. I just thought that it was pretty apparent that I was not dating him and nor did I want to be. But you know, that's not very fair of him to use that against me. He was the one that ended things and he moved on quickly. But he didn't like how I treated Zephit or how I interacted with him? That's pretty hypocritical."

Amy frowned and rubbed her head. "This isn't getting us anywhere."  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games