Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
GGG Most WANTED ~ CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New RN's. How bout it?
I desire to serve the Mistress and her ladies unconditionally
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
I just want a drink
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
Say What?
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Oh gawd. How am I going to walk in those heels?
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Thank you. It does. It's just a little hard to match. It's too bad, it's my favorite color.

Just sketching right now. I'm trying to come up with ideas for a painting. 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:41 pm

*giggles* At least black matches everything, so you cannot go wrong with that wink
Is there something you are wanting to paint for or just wanting to paint? I only ask because it can perhaps help with ideas if there is something specific you are doing it for. Of course, I understand just wanting to paint whee I unfortunately never developed a talent for it myself sweatdrop , jhal it is an admirable skill.

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Can also be expensive and messy.
*sits back in his chair and casually sips his drink*
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:47 pm

That's true, it does. ^_^

I don't have anything in mind, I just feel like painting. I need some practice. We're opening an area to exhibit art at Aqua Springs and I'd like to have something I can hang up. 3nodding

You're right, Tes, it can be both expensive and messy. Especially with pets crowding around to see what I'm doing. sweatdrop

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Ryzan Vixtul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Gi ussta~ I can not even imagine making an attempt at painting with animals around sweatdrop It must take a great deal of patience... mzilt mzild than just painting in itself.

An art display sounds lovely~ Will it be all types of art or just specific kinds of pieces? Are they do have some type of theme to them, such as seasonal themes and the like? Or is it just whatever is deemed appropriate for the establishment? I understand not everything is viewed as appropriate there. I was asked to put out my cigarette when visiting once before realizing that sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:03 pm

It does. sweatdrop I finally started closing them out of the room while I was painting. It works until Blossom gets curious and opens the door.

We're going to have several types of art. We'll have some hanging in the lobby and the lounge, some display cases for smaller pieces, and outside we'll have some statues in and near the garden that Amy's going to plant in the spring. We haven't discussed what themes we'll have yet.

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 pm

*strolls in and waves to everyone as she puts her bag down on a stool* Hey guys are is everyone tonight?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Some people might not want their statues outside exposed to the elements, depending on the materials used and whatnot.... of course, if that was the case, they might choose another venue to display it altogether. If they already knew it was going to be outside, they'd probably specifically choose a piece that would be appropriate for outdoors.

*gives a slight wave to Liada as she walks in*

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Liada. *waves*

We'll make sure they know that it will be outside. If they'd prefer to have it inside, I'll make sure there's a place for it. We can always move the furniture in the lounge around. 3nodding *takes a drink of her cocoa*
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Terini'nestg~ Themes can either be a help or hindrance depending on the artist and their mood at the time so it can be difficult to choose a theme or decide whether you want one at all. Some artists will become inspired if they have a theme to work with while at other times an artist will not want to work with a certain theme or have difficulty figuring out how to portray such a theme.

*waves to Liada*
Vendui'~ I am mzilst bronretla~ whee Miss Kits and I were just speaking of the art section that is being planned for her establishment.

Ryzan Vixtul

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 pm

*goes behind the counter and makes herself up a drink.Her ears perk up in interest when she hears the word 'art' and sits herself down next to her bag* Art? What kind of art?

*edited*
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:22 pm

*nods* That's one of the things we have to discuss. Maybe sometimes we'll have a theme and others we won't. I don't know yet.

*takes another drink* How are you doing, Liada?

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm doing well enough. I have an order for Psy to drop off so I'll be putting it by her office door before I leave. The lab is very dull today. So what's this talk about art?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 pm

I think themes are interesting when they can be interpreted several different ways. Seeing how various artists choose to portray the same phrase or word in such vastly contrasting depictions can be rather amusing.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm

*listens intently as she sips her drink*
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games