Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

Devin Cloud

Third YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Devin looked around briefly, pondering the recent occurences and evaluating each event as they flashed through his head. He knew this was a prophecy, for it had to tell something of the near future. Something like that had not happened yet; so he was left to believe it was the future and not a recollection of the past. Devin then sat there, letting each of the students take their turns in telling story, but when the boy Steele had not finished the last of the lines, he was thrown off. Devin may be able to figure such a prophecy out if he knew its entirety, but he was not sure if he could now. When each of the students replied, he decided to take his turn.

"Yes, that indeed was a prophecy, but without the last line, I can not decipher it. If I heard correctly, the snake would have to symbolize Slytherin, speaking their house's animal is a snake, but a grizzly. I could only compare that to a Gryffindor, for the characteristics of a grizzly could only fit that of a Gryffindor, but it may have nothing to do with the house. I could think on it, but without the last line, the effort is rather futile," the blonde boy said, a worried look on his face. That's when Ariana had said something and he answered.

"Well, I wouldn't say that Ariana because there are many variables affecting fate, those factors being decisions, actions, and emotion. If something is thrown off between now and when this prophecy is supposed to come true, it could turn into something completely different. Then again, there are many cases where people would try to stop the fate, only to find out that that was the reason why it happened. One can not to be too sure if it will happen or not," he said to her, hoping not to confuse her too much. He was aiming to inform; yet, all he did was use many big words, over explanation, and philosophical ideas and themes. So, he would understand if she did not get exactly what he was saying.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana tried to comprehend what Devin had said, but a lot of it just went through one ear and out the other. Kat didn't finish the prophecy? she thought before responding to Devin. "Wait, so, prophecies are supposed to come true, but sometimes they don't?" she asked, making sure she understood the important part. She just didn't understand the part about trying to prevent it from happening, and that's why it might come true.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:36 pm
User Image

Huffelpuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele looked around, not really knowing what to say. Being raised by muggles and all, one really does not know too much before learning. He had peered at his books during the train ride to Hogwarts and read over some stuff, but that was about it. He didn't know much about prophecies. All he knew about it was that it was a vision. He didn't know the accuracy of said prophecies, or even the percent chancof actually happening, but he knew it was a vision.

Steele looked around through the worried faces, first going from Kat, to Ariana, to Chase, to Devin, and so on. He didn't deal well with huge crowds; so he didn't want to talk that much.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

Devin looked at her, trying his hardest not to have a smile form across his face. He knew the girl didn't get it. If she did, she would of gotten more out of his speal than that. He resisted his urge to smile and then responded to the little young girl who seemed to be addressing him at this sudden moment.

"Yes, basically. They also can be prevented if the proper precautions are taken, but that is a rare case. Not many people are good enough to prevent a prophecy on purpose. Most people do that on accident, but we shall not go there, for that is a lesson for another day," he said, chuckling. He made sure he articulated well so the girl would not lose track of his explanation, but he was prepared for it to do so anyway.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana bit her lip, focused on what Devin was saying. "Okay, I think I get it. So, prophecies are stopped by accident, and if you try to stop it from happening, it's gonna trigger it?" she said, still not quite sure she understood.

wearing

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:16 pm
User Image
Devin Cloud

⇳⇴⇵⇶⇷⇸⇹⇺⇻⇼⇽⇾⇿

Devin looked at her, still amused. She was halfway right, but he didn't want to dwell on the subject for too long; so he decided to try to divert the subject a bit. He looked around, all the happy faces at other tables, but all ones of worry at their's. Hufflepuff wasn't about worry and paranoia, but rather was about friendliness and happiness. He just wished their little table would go back to that peace.

"Sort of..." he cheerfully acknowledged Ariana's statement. He hoped she understood it now. She only had to understand it partially to know what was going on here, but he didn't put that on her shoulders either. She was only a first year and he had just introduced philosophical ideas and such. But even if she hadn't understood it, she would in the near future. He hoped for a change of subject now though, for explaining things really was not his fortè.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Austin looked at the group. "Not necessarily, My friend Yuan is a seer, some of his visions come true others don't." he shrugged. "Prophecies come true by the choices people make, not by accident or design. No one really knows how prophecies work. It is one of the things studied at the Ministry of Magic." he said as he sipped his juice. Wow I just talked a lot. he thought as he set his juice back down. "If you have any questions as to being a seer, I could give you his contact information, he runs the Starry Prophesier." the prefect said.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? In the Great Hall
What am I doing? Getting annoyed that everyone is talking about me.
What am I thinking?Can we drop it please?

Kat got up from the floor and cleared her throat, loudly. "Can everyone please stop talking about me like I'm not here?" she said, then sighed heavily with indignation. She crossed her arms over her chest and sighed as both a professor and another older girl asked if she needed treatment. "I'm fine," she said curtly, then sighed and dropped her head. "I'm sorry. That sounded rude. I'm really fine. I'm just hungry and tired. That's all." Kat turned her head as an older boy spoke. If she did, in fact, have a prophecy and was a Seer, talking to someone who also had visions might help her. "That might help, I think. Could you?"

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

XXx_gold-dust_xXX

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:34 pm
User ImageAbellia
Grace

User ImageSynfanic

User Image

Hufflepuff/:/First Year

""This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Abellia was curious at what everyone was doing around the girl called Kat. She stood up and walked over to them and got worried when she saw everyone's faces."Um what happened," she said looking at Chase. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw him and smiled at the boy."Um is she going to be okay," the first year girl said to everyone hoping that everything would be okay. Abellia's face was a little red as she spoke because of her shyness and she wanted to hide it so she let her hair fall in her face.

"If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

'And the fall of the Snake will be complete.' Rutam completed the prophecy for Steele in her head. The prophecy itself didn't actually include the animals spoken of. They were merely representations of real people. 'Snake for Slytherin and Gryffindor for Grizzly sounds logical. Are there relatives here at Hogwarts?' She wondered, looking around for a moment before returning to the group. 'A flash of green...' Her brain rolled the phrase around, trying to look at it from different angles. 'It has to be deadly enough to have a dramatic effect.' But the only thing that came to mind was-

"No...", Rue breathed quietly. No one would dare do such a thing again here... Would they? If your "cub" was in danger, you would anything to protect them. Even kill. 'Please don't let it be that.', she prayed. Rue stayed silent as the others debated and talked, a shadow falling over her gaze. She turned to Katrina and gave her a strained smile. "Sorry, Kat. We're just worried is all. You fell pretty hard, you know." The girl stepped back to give her some room again, then proceeded to sit back down. Another girl was asking what happened, though it didn't seem directed toward the group in general. 'I wonder if I'll dream of Kat's prophecy tonight? I wonder if I should tell them about my abilities too...?'

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:56 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? In the Great Hall
What am I doing? Getting annoyed that everyone is talking about me.
What am I thinking?Can we drop it please?

Kat frowned, but nodded with understanding to Rue and turned to look at the other girl. "I'm fine. Everything is fine." She could feel a headache coming on... not caused by her gall but everyone crowding around her, fawning over her and talking about her. She heaved another sigh and slumped down into a sitting position on the bench in front of her.

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana turned her attention to Austin until Kat spoke up. She frowned as Katrina asked everyone to stop talking about the situation. She looked at the food on the table, and then looked back at everyone. "Maybe we should just stop talking about this and eat," she said, wanting Kat to not feel awkward. Ariana then looked at Abellia, but she didn't say anything.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

XXx_gold-dust_xXX

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:11 pm
User ImageAbellia
Grace

User ImageSynfanic

User Image

Hufflepuff/:/First Year

""This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Abellia shrugged when Ariana didn't speak to her, but she got over it quickly and sat down by everyone. She looked at the food and smiled. Abellia had never seen this much food in her life not even on Passover night of or on Hanakah. She hide it from everyone though she didn't want anyone to talk about her parents recent death or ask her why she was acting strange about the food. She just waited for everyone to sit down and smiled at decorations in the grand hall. Abellia looked away from everyone and kept to herself or tried to at least.

"If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm
{Guys... the food hasn't appeared yet... >.> The feast starts when Sorting ends.}  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

XXx_gold-dust_xXX

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 pm
((Sorry but I do believe sorting is over it was supposed to be over at midnight last night))  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games