Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 pm
Let's do it, Keith.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 pm
Oh yes, I at least got a hit in finally. A GOOD hit.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:37 pm
Okay folks, I'm going to be AWOL til either Tuesday night, or Wednesday. Just to give you guys a heads up.

Sinistra, if there's any time of the day that's good for you to post several times in succession, we can try to get the Go Competition out of the way in one session :3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Oh yes, I at least got a hit in finally. A GOOD hit.

... did you take your wound penalties into consideration? sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:28 pm
It looks like Raga spent a void point to ignore them. *takes a comb to the tangled mess of a thread*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:15 am
I don't know who I should be rooting for here... stare  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:31 am
Just found this on /tg/ and found it amusing.

>Every clan is dicks, just in different ways.

>Crab
"We're the best clan because we've spent centuries fighting an endless war against the forces of darkness to protect the Empire."

>Crane
"We're the best clan because we uphold art, culture and trade, without us the Empire would lose its very soul."

>Lion
"We're the best clan because we created the Art of War, saving the Empire in the first war against the Dark Brother."

>Mantis
"We're the best clan because we worked our way up from nothing instead of resting on the achievements of our ancestors."

>Phoenix
"We are the best clan because we are the wise guardians of knowledge and learning, protecting the Tao and using our magic to seal the Ninth Kami at the dawn of the Empire."

>Scorpion
"We are the best clan. We know the reasons why this is so. You do not."

>Unicorn
"We are the best clan because we have traveled further and experienced more of the world than any of our cousins. We do not close our eyes to the unknown, but live life freely."

>Dragon
"So, just what are we supposed to be doing anyway? All the other Clans have their own purpose, but our Kami didn't give us a job."
"I dunno, let's just keep this mysterious, wise sensei act going until we figure it out, it's worked so far."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:52 am
*snicker* Mantis liars.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:57 am
Plainsfox
*snicker* Mantis liars.

Heh. Why is that?
Also I thought you'd appreciate the scorpion one.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:06 am
On the Mantis.
1) Hida's second wife was a wealthy and powerful Matsu Daimyo. That was the whole point of why he married her. When Hida chose his illegitimate child over their son as heir, she went with her son, taking many of her followers with her, and one presumes, a bit of her money.

2) The Mantis's founder was the nephew of the Emperor. If not the nephew, then the cousin. (I'm sketchy on when the minor clans were founded and when the first emperor died...either that or too lazy to look it up.)

3) The son of a Kami and the son of a Clan Daimyo.

So, the Mantis had a tremendous amount of things going for them in the beginning.

As far as the scorpion one goes. it should probably read "We are the best clan. We know the reasons why this is so. If you knew, we would have killed you by now."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 am
Plainsfox
On the Mantis.
1) Hida's second wife was a wealthy and powerful Matsu Daimyo. That was the whole point of why he married her. When Hida chose his illegitimate child over their son as heir, she went with her son, taking many of her followers with her, and one presumes, a bit of her money.

2) The Mantis's founder was the nephew of the Emperor. If not the nephew, then the cousin. (I'm sketchy on when the minor clans were founded and when the first emperor died...either that or too lazy to look it up.)

So, the Mantis had a tremendous amount of things going for them in the beginning.

As far as the scorpion one goes. it should probably read "We are the best clan. We know the reasons why this is so. If you knew, we would have killed you by now."

It still doesn't mean much when it comes to their ascencion to Great Clan. The only reason they got made into a Great Clan was because they went "BAWWWW WE WANNA BE BIG BOYS LIKE YOU MAKE ME ONE BAWWWW" and some higher ups were amused and made 'em Great Clan for the hell of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:01 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Plainsfox
On the Mantis.

It still doesn't mean much when it comes to their ascencion to Great Clan. The only reason they got made into a Great Clan was because they went "BAWWWW WE WANNA BE BIG BOYS LIKE YOU MAKE ME ONE BAWWWW" and some higher ups were amused and made 'em Great Clan for the hell of it.

Edit: just read the wiki on it. They only got to be a great clan because they threatened to start attacking everyone in a suicidal campaign which would weaken the empire enough to let Fu Leng win.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:11 pm
I'm of the opinion that story wise, the Scorpions were intended to make a permanent exit and that the Mantis were meant to replace them. Many of their methods are similar. However, the Mantis come off as much too crass to me and lack the style that the Scorpions have.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:46 pm
Plainsfox
I'm of the opinion that story wise, the Scorpions were intended to make a permanent exit and that the Mantis were meant to replace them. Many of their methods are similar. However, the Mantis come off as much too crass to me and lack the style that the Scorpions have.

And all of the qualities that crab likes.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:08 pm
That's one major clan out of the original seven. There's only so much bashing the structure the Rokugani will allow. Rokugan society (Like the society it is based on..and all societies TBH) has rules. The Rokugan accept that there are different rules for different situations, just so long as those different situations aren't rubbed in their face.

The Scorpions, from all accounts don't. The Crab only do when they choose to listen to the Yasuki. The Mantis, apparently only have learned this lesson after absorbing the Kitsune.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games