Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:07 pm
@The Village

Kojiro merely nodded sagely as he handed the Kusarigama over to the unarmed Crab. "If it makes you feel more comfortable, only use the kama portion of the kusarigama. Don't worry about doing tricky things with the chain for now and go with what works."  
Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 8, 1 Total: 20 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:19 pm
@In the village:

"I think I'll be fine as long as I don't try to use it as a weapon... Which defeats its purpose..." Said Kagae beginning to mumble as he stood up to take the Kusarigama. He began by swinging the chain slowly above his head, cautiously as he remembered he had no helmet on and would rather not need to be re-awakened. With a sharp motion he tried to send the weight around a nearby tree trunk.

(4k3 Chain weapons to grapple the tree. Result: 19 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:47 pm
@ The Outskirts of the Village, actually:

Sanzo/Iwao would remain kneeling there as he watched the demonstration, but kept his head a little lower than usual, just in case.

"I don't know which way Kuemon will attack from. He's not your normal bandit. He's very intelligent, and skilled in battle too. If he was the type to conquer with brute force, I would have actually lost the village by now. He simply chooses to act carefully, and not squander resources."

He would look at the thinning numbers of the group. "What is your plan of action? Many of you look exhausted... are you in a condition to fend off an invasion?"  
Plainsfox rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:17 pm
@The Village]

Tired, exhausted, and frustrated, Kojiro did his best to study the map and come up with some plan to fight the bandits that were sure to be incoming. Thus far, Kojiro was sure that the best thing to do would be to meditate, relax and await the inevitable, but who knew? Perhaps there was a better strategy in store for them?

OOC: Perception/ Battle: 2k2 no explosions
results: 7  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:00 pm
Psychofish
"...I see no way for him to walk away from it all, lest the magistrate sees fit to get herself killed in combat before we can bring an end to these bandits."

As Denbe spoke, Miyako was silent, letting him vent himself. "He has dug his own grave, Ujina-san. We are not at fault. He could have chosen a more honorable path." She laid a hand on the sleeve of his kimono before they were approached by Kojiro.

"It's quite alright, Bayushi-san"
She accepted his apology, it seemed sincere enough even if she was still hurt by it. "Ujina-san kept me quite safe in your stead."

But she let him wander off with Kagae before turning her attention back to Denbe. "We each choose our paths. The only things taken out of our hands are those we marry." She smiled, trying to lighten the Rabbit's mood a little. "That at least we can blame our parents for." She knew her father's plans for her, but hoped she'd have a bit more time before it happened.  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 4, 7, 10, 10, 10, 7 Total: 64 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:19 am
The Scorpion would take one long look at Tengu-san, trying to judge the depth of stupidity of the next actions the Scorpion was about to perform. If Iwao was unarmed, Kojiro would hold out his Yumi and state the following. "You. You've borrowed my family's name for your little charade. It's now time to repay the favor. Help me protect Shosuro-san tonight." The Scorpion inclined his head to indicate the pretty, petite actress. "If these bandits are as vicious as they seem...."

Regardless of what happens next, Kojiro would then move to a respectful position behind Miyako.

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier (Manipulation): 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to emphasize how "innocent" Miya-chan looks
Results: 53  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:32 pm
"I have no opinion of the matter it's up to them..." Commented Kagae dryly.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:22 pm
Denbe frowned at the words, but didn't disagree, staring ahead. Samurai died all the time. Often it was their duty. He hadn't been involved in a seemingly honorable one facing certain, looming death before however. A battle or execution of a traitor were different, no matter what complaints the magistrate held against him.

Miyako's final lines, at least, managed a small chuckle from the samurai, turning around and setting his feet. It came with a bitter twist to his smile, but it was worth a little sour memory.

"Right you are, Shosuro-san. I suppose we shouldn't waste any more time over it then."

Marching back into the camp, Denbe approached the group growing around their "prisoner."

"If we believe they will strike at the village soon, we'll need to move quickly so we can be ready to intercept them," the Hare announced, approaching the drawing in the sand and looking over it. He'd never calculated a battle before, only duels or ambushes, where numbers were smaller. It was odd to keep in mind that their goal was to protect, not to quickly execute a maho-tsukai or traitor.

"They are down three of their number. Do we know how many bandits are left?" looking between Kagae and Iwao, the two who might have seen.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:01 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Failed Battle Roll: No insight comes to Kojiro; looks like you're playing it by ear!

Iwao/Sanzo seemed a bit taken aback by Kojiro's offer - this man had just attacked him a little bit ago with that very same chain weapon he gave the Crab. Reaching out for the yumi, he would simply say, "I took what was needed; nothing more, nothing less."

He gave a curious glance at Kagae's apathy towards defense, but soon noted the return of the others. "Seven are left. They have a somewhat skilled archer, two swordsmen, a monk, a spearman, and a large berserker type. And Kuemon too, of course. Though I haven't crossed blades with him yet, just the way he carries himself, I am not confident of my ability to defeat him in one-on-one combat." Iwao/Sanzo would pause, and look at each of you in turn.

He looks as if he were about to say something else, but seemed to second guess himself. "You, too, look tired. I noticed it back when you loosed the Magistrate," he said, now turning towards Denbe. "I am a light sleeper, and am much more rested than any of you. We don't know if Kuemon is coming in moments or hours. I can keep watch while all of you rest up." 25 on his Etiquette to be sincere about his claims and offer.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:09 pm
@The Alamo

The Scorpion looked exhausted, haggard, and like he really, really wanted to be somewhere else right now. However, the die was cast and Kojiro handed over his quiver as well. "There are three Humming Bulb arrows, but it's mostly a mix of flesh cutters and willow leaf arrows."

Kojiro stumbled for a second when trying to deal with Iwao's suggestion. He guessed that he would just have to follow through. Kojiro already had a fool's reputation and no real plan suggested itself at the moment. "Alright, Sanzo-san. I guess we can leave ourselves into your care for now."

Kojiro would bow politely to the ronin.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 7, 4 Total: 28 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:00 pm
[4k2(+10) Perception/Investigation: 17(27) vs TN 25 (to determine if he's being truthful).]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:03 pm
Denbe believes he is being completely honest and sincere in his promise.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:41 pm
Rain Yupa
"And Kuemon too, of course. Though I haven't crossed blades with him yet, just the way he carries himself, I am not confident of my ability to defeat him in one-on-one combat."
"That's unfortunate," the Hare paused- the whole thing was. They were outnumbered, which made nothing impossible, but made everything much more difficult. It was the kind of situation where he might have felt the need for them to survive and carry out their duties from the magistrates warranted setting an ambush; but they were in no position to design one. "As, I do not know the magistrate well, but right now the only thing I can think might change her mind is if you could bring her Kuemon's head yourself."

The Hare sighed, and turned inward restlessly, tapping a finger of one hand against the knuckles of the other, trying to gain some further insight on the situation. He'd done what he could for Iwao, but he couldn't help it- the longer he observed the man now, the more convinced he was that the false identity and kidnapping had been his only dishonorable turns. It seemed as though the man deserved a chance.

That didn't stop him from looking very sharply on him when he suggested they rest, staring for a long moment, weighing it before the Hare visibly relaxed.

"We shouldn't, but I'm afraid you're right. None have us have slept since the night before last, and when Kuemon comes..." the Hare frowned, and sat down, relaxing himself in a place where he could sleep some, but come quickly to his feet if stirred. "Well. Tell me, what do we know about Kuemon? Is he a ronin, an outcast? What's he after? Any information..."

Denbe relaxed into place, trying to focus on getting what information he still felt he was missing. Now that he was sitting, though, his eyes suddenly felt much heavier than they had only moments before.  
Tei Kae rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 10, 4, 8 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 pm
With the way things were looking it didn't seem that Miyako would have to worry about her father's plans anytime soon. Instead, she was likely to die out here in the middle of nowhere. Pushing the depressing thought from her mind, she went off to the side for a bit of privacy so she could perhaps receive some quiet of her mind to relax and recover a bit, although she had no intention of sleeping with the dishonest Crab nearby until at least one of her fellows was awake.

[Void/mediation: 3k2 +1 = 20 ]  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:53 pm
@ The Alamo

The Scorpion carefully placed himself where Miyako was meditating and quietly made his devotions, such as he could, to his ancestors, and to whatever fortune he thought might listen. Hopefully, they would have some guidance for Kojiro. After a while, Kojiro hazarded to speak. "I'm going to set up my tent, Shosuro-san. If you want to use it, I'll let you and find other arrangements for sleep. If not, I will sleep in it."

While he awaited Miya-chan's response, the Scorpion directed his attention to the false Scorpion. "So, if you will, tell me. Why a phoenix mask and a Bayushi name? It might have worked better if you claimed to be a Yogo, given their relationship to the Phoenix clan." Kojiro shrugged. "Not that it matters now."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games