Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:09 pm
Hello Kamil. Are you aware of the little fiasco that occured between Southeast and West? And how Layla got caught up in it?

I gave the director a deep soul piercing stare.

~~~

Odessa nodded. It was something Eva felt she needed to do. And after all, Northwest above all of the other factions didn't care about the simulation. She stood and sheathed Nightshade before heading into the depths of her faction.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:33 pm
Kamil's expression grew solemn as Scarlet brought up the topic of the battle, "Yes, my lady. I know that the losing side happened to be West, and that many lives were lost. Has she... been killed? We've not received any reports from lady Layla since her departure. We have only assumed as much by this fact, and how you came to be our new queen. 'Twas a sorrowful and shameful day indeed."

• • •

As the forested ground transitioned into lifeless dirt, Eva sped up her pace into a total run. She was surprised by how much she enjoyed the feeling of her muscles stretching, of her heart pounding like a drum at her epicenter, of the sweat drying against her skin in the cool nighttime air. Never had she felt quite so alive. Finally she was real; no longer confined within a fake existence, no longer convinced she was less than human. She was, ever so slowly, becoming whole again.
Every step contained a growing sense of urgency, and every bound was begun with greater strength than the prior. She channeled her every cause of fear, pain and anger into that dead ground, determined to leave it all behind. Her sprint lasted a mere ten minutes before the strain caught up to her.
Eva slowed into a walk, then dropped to the ground on her knees, panting. She rested a while, occasionally glancing up to ensure that no machine would find her. She was already a good distance away from Northwest, but there was still a long way to go. Just as she stood, a figure became visible — and it was approaching.
Eva cursed under her breath, suddenly realizing she had not brought her Western pistol with her. She was defenseless. She remained motionless, waiting to see if the stranger would simply walk by. Gradually, the body grew close enough to see details...
It was Layla. Clad in her Northern armor, completely uninjured. And she had been coming from the wrong direction. Eva's stomach churned. There was something totally off about this...
Layla paused ten feet away, her face adorned by a sinister smirk. Her eyes seemed to look right through Eva to the very essence of what she was. She cocked her head to the side, half-flexing her wrist as if contemplating whether to draw out her weapon. Then, in a low tone she spoke a single warning, "Your time is coming, AI. You're not worth my time right now, but rest assured — I will be the one to assimilate you."
Just as soon as she had come, the woman continued on her path toward North. Eva also continued forward, trembling at the mere thought.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm
I nodded gently.

She is alive. She lost and her mech had to have some... 'extensive' repairs done thanks to Northwest. She is currently safe at Northwest now... but she feels herself to be unfit for leading North. Whether it is for now or for good, Layla will not willingly come back to North.

I shook my head, unsertain how the director would take the news I was about to give.

Thanks to her we got reports that... Southeast was using... Caretakers, and government mechs.

I looked the man in the eye again.

Southeast is now our enemy. Not just to North but to all the other factions. Due to that battle, we can not completely trust the food shipments that they send us anymore. Northeast is and already has been our enemy, so we now must make ourselves independent.

I do request that we not give ourselves away. We should, unless speaking with Northwest, feign ignorance for the moment however. If they still beleive us to be friends, that we are ignorant, we can use the food, to sustain us until we can become indipendent ourselves.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:01 pm
Kamil went completely stoic. While it was great news that Layla was still alive, her unwillingness to return was like receiving a slap to the face. The public would be in an uproar if they found out. The news about the government machinery was just an additional concern. He cleared his throat, "My lady, surely you don't intend for the citizens to know, do you? Not only would her decision create a sense of betrayal and division amongst the people, but the current political tensions would also cause panic. I agree entirely that a threat from Southeast looms on the horizon," He paused and glanced down at the hologram computer set on his desk, "In fact, just about an hour ago, I received this distress signal from East. It appears that nearly their whole population was wiped out by an artificial pathogen of unknown origin. Their food is supplied by Southeast as well."
The man reclined back in his seat, rubbing his forehead to release the tension. He sighed, "It will be difficult to transition, and I know not whether we even have enough time to complete it, but I am willing to try. Whatever it is you will, my lady, I shall support entirely."

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm
When Kamil said that I blinked and gave him an insulted look. Not tell the public? Oh yes, he knows not of what I
Am.

It is no longer a matter of will I leave these who are now my people ignorant. I cannot leave them ignorant! I have observedy new kinsmen and I have seen them to be inspired, intelligent, and strong in heart and mind. I will speak to my people directly and have faith in their resolve! Prepare for my speech!

As I spoke this to him, he had no choice but to see a undefinable light start to shine in my eyes, as what could only be called a fire glowed in them. I turned and strode out of the room, back straight and head high.

That fire in my eyes that the director had lit stayed there as headed to my chambers. There I went to my forge and picked up a piece I had forged earlier. It was a golden set of laurels, with silver wings.

I may be twelve, but I am the light of my people now. I am nothing without them as they are nothing without me. I am their leading light. So I shall look the part!

With that note to myself, I closed my eyes and set the golden laurels upon my head. A light breeze with no decernable source tugged at my cape and hair.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:24 pm
"I'm not exactly sure that I can adequately fulfill what you're requesting of me, Genesis," Layla began, her gaze cast downward, "It's been years since I learned, and I haven't been in regular practice. Most of my real combat experience has been in my mech."
He nodded, "I understand. It was a bit too much for me to ask of you, especially in your current state." Genesis smiled softly, "Thank you for your time, though."
The android gave her one last glance, then turned to leave. But there was a glimmer in his expression; the tint to his eyes, or perhaps the way he held his mouth in that most peaceful of smiles — it was the most comforting presence Layla had ever been graced by. It was the same man that she, and so many others, had loved years ago.
She took a step forward, "Genesis, wait." The machine paused to look back at her, and she proceeded forward to walk alongside him. She faltered for a moment, "I...uh... I didn't intend it to be meant like that. I wasn't refusing your request, I was just trying to explain that I may not live up to your expectations."
"Are you certain? I don't want to be a burden on you." Genesis inquired politely. He continued when she nodded in response, "Thank you very much. Skill level will not be much of an issue; I know nothing of what he knew in regards to swordsmanship."
Layla waited a while in silence before she posed the big question, "How much do you know about him...?"
Genesis considered this, "Unfortunately, not much at all." He admitted in a slightly saddened tone, "It all struck me once I set foot in this place. They were mostly memories of you."
She turned her face away from the robot, trying to hide her flushed cheeks or her tears; whichever decided to make an appearance. "Anything else?" She prodded.
He hesitated, as if unsure whether he should tell her something. But as she recovered her composure, he chose to be honest: "I... saw how he died, and how I came to be."

• • •

Kamil fell silent as the girl left, "Very well, my lady." He whispered to the empty room bleakly. He picked up the hologram screen and typed out an announcement for Scarlet's upcoming speech, sending the alert wirelessly to all of the city staff.

When Rey finally left the confines of her garage, the sun was just about to rise. She yawned and stretched, not in the least bit tired despite having not slept during the night; in times of excitement such as this one, she had seemingly endless bounds of energy. The young Northerner brushed her hair, changed her clothes, and boarded the object of her night's work — it was the basis for a mech design she wanted to get Scarlet's opinion on. It was tall and lanky and very agile, with heavy armoring around the cockpit. The machine's silhouette was feminine in shape, and had a rather playful demeanor to it. It was still rough and unpainted, and the joints were yet uncovered.
She tested it with a couple small motions before starting it on a walk toward the palace. The citizens curiously glanced up at the new mech as it passed, taking special care not to overstep the lines dividing the human walkways from the machines' lane. Rey sped up the pace into a run as she exited the main district, testing out the speed and strength of the pneumatic cylinders and the accuracy of the gyroscopes. She smiled wide as the machine performed without flaw. She navigated it carefully over the palace's small gateway, and parked the mech in the lawn underneath Scarlet's balcony.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:22 pm
I closed my eyes and turned and walked. I walked through the palace until I came to the front, under the balcony. I looked up at the unfinished mech and studied it for a moment. Pretty toy. I thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:49 pm
Rey shallowly bowed to the girl from where she was perched on the machine's shoulder, "Lady Scarlet, if you wouldn't mind, could you try out this machine sometime today? I would like your most honest and harsh critiques, as to give you a displeasing mech would be to disgrace its very nature." She stated politely, then found her attention being diverted by a beeping noise. She pressed one of the few buttons on her wrist-mounted device and saw the announcement of Scarlet's speech. She glanced back up to the young monarch, "After your speech, of course. I wouldn't want to disrupt your more important matters," She smiled softly.

There was a volley of excited shouts erupting from the faction's defense towers, followed by the grinding of massive gears as the gate shuddered open. The city beyond glittered with its golden opulence in the morning sun, and the disbelieving expressions of the inhabitants were even more precious. For a moment so short, time itself had appeared to freeze; not a single limb, flesh or mechanical, dared to twitch in the slightest for fear of dismissing the miracle before them. Finally, a young man's voice rang out from atop the gateway as clear and joyous as a bell, "She has returned!"
Nemesis, in the guise of Layla herself, stepped forward with regal grace and a smile of restrained relief. She gazed upon the crowds as they sunk on one knee, heads bowed in respect. As the people became absorbed in their wonderment of her return, she examined the city's landscape with a hawk's attention to detail. Soon, very soon, this would become her playground. And the people were her dolls.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 pm
Suddenly my head snapped up, looking twards the gates.

What's... going on?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:26 pm
Rey looked just when Scarlet did. She shifted her stance uncomfortably, "I'm...not sure. It doesn't seem to be hostile, because the gates wouldn't be willingly opened if it was. I should probably go find out..."
She leapt off the mech and grabbed a hold of one of the trees' branches mid-fall, swinging herself to the next in the series. The Northerner was quick and sure of her steps, and she continued to travel atop the buildings' roofs as she left the palace territory.

"Lady Layla, what has happened to you in this time? Where did you go?" Inquired one of the civilians, a tired young mother clinging to her three small sons amidst the chaos.
Nemesis gave a gentle smile as she waited for the crowd to fall into silence. Once it did, she began her grandiose story, "As a few currently present may already know, I was ambushed by Southeast while trying to negotiate between them and West. The Western military had remained outside the gates so as to not cause any sense of alarm, and so I was entirely trapped and surrounded by the time the attack started. I fought with all of my might, but... I could not overcome their forces. They killed both my mecha and I." She lowered her gaze solemnly as a gasp spread across the group. Her hand clenched around the fake-crystal pendant strung around her neck, "As I was fading, I... I saw a radiant, divine light. It spoke to me in a deep, clear voice which I can only identify as God. He told me of the greatness I had yet to achieve; how I must live on to serve my people, to guide us toward reestablishing a brighter future and to cleanse this earth of the corrupt government. He gave me the strength to continue on."
By now, nearly every face was occupied by wide eyes and half-open mouths. Nemesis glanced skyward in time to see a young woman standing atop a high roof, then shut her eyes as if to recall the holy experience, "I don't know how I did it, exactly, but I escaped that cursed place. I crawled back to the Western camp, and they tried to tend to my wounds, but alas — they were too severe for first aid kit supplies. I begged them to help me, I told them of my encounter with Heaven, and they listened! Blessed be their souls, they abandoned their own people for my sake! As we drove away, Southeast began to open fire on the remaining camp, but they didn't stop once. They took me straight to Northwest for the care of the gifted mystics, and my body was restored. And now I have returned to you, my faithful companions, to lead us back onto the road of justice! We shall not allow such evil to reign over our land any longer!"
When she looked around, the whole group was cheering. Even the woman atop the building. She smiled.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:22 pm
As Rey had left, I felt myself grow sick. Lies. Lies that were treated like the truth, and the color drained from my face as I stumbled and held myself against the doorframe, weak like a kitten.

How ong had it been since I had sensed such a thing? That lie I could sense even from here, the center of the city.

I forced myself to strighten up, shaking off the bout of illness that overwhelmed my stomach. After a moment I had regained my composure. Thankfully I was completely alone, and

I looked up at the mech and hopped up to it, climbing on it the way a cat would, with long loose movements and accurate leaps. Soon I perched on it's head, my white and gold cloak flowing with the wind. I closed my eyes and listened.

A breeze rustled through the city, bringing with it a story to my ears. A story told with the voice similar of Lady Layla... but without the woman's soul to back it up.

Crap. I thought. Something is very wrong here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:47 pm
As Raowan turned at the last corner before the elevator, he was suddenly overcome by an inexplicable sensation. His skin crawled, and adrenaline rapidly filled the man's veins, making him jittery and nervous. He stumbled forward to the elevator, out of breath, feeling as if he were about to die. That ominous presence hung heavy about this section of the facility, bearing down on him from all sides as if to consume his very soul with ravenous ferocity. He blindly pounded on the buttons, fumbled clumsily into the elevator as the doors slid open, then again smacked the button as his vision began to fail him. The monster was drawing ever closer by the second. As the door had nearly shut, he saw the outline of the creature standing at the end of the hall. Her glassy third eye emanated a light so dark that it seemed to swallow up Heaven altogether. The man fell to his knees in time for the small room to shoot suddenly upward, pulling him away from the wicked experiment. He propped himself up against the wall, shaking violently as he ascended, "Genesis... what the hell have we done?" He gasped to the empty room.

• • •

The news of Layla's supposed return spread instantly across the faction, and the town was alight with new controversy; who would become the monarch?
Nemesis was led further into the city by a massive trail of followers, toward the palace grounds. She memorized the whole layout of the path they took as she walked. All around her was an uproar of chatter, mostly meaningless except for the tidbits regarding the monarchy. From what she could tell, they were about to confront Scarlet with this news, and depending on how she responded... everything may just flow in Nemesis's favor. She smirked inwardly.
She waited at the entrance gate at the head of the crowd while the palace staff members went to retrieve Scarlet.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:00 pm
I waited, standing now stright and tall on the head of the unfinished mech, using it as a perch more then anything to be impresive.

I noticed a small group of people come running through the streets. The Palace staff. I leapt from the mechand landed smoothly in a roll on the ground. I olled to my feet and faced them, the fire in my eyes only getting fiercer.

What is going ON?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:22 pm
The old woman attendant from earlier was the first to reach her, bowing quickly before she relayed the message, "Lady Scarlet, it seems as though there is some...conflict present. Lady Layla has returned by a miracle to us, and we know not who the rightful leader now is."
Rey fell back in line with the other attendants, but remained silent. She glanced up to Scarlet with a bit of confusion on her face, then looked back to the ground as she thought to herself. She already knew who she would rather pick, but wasn't sure if it was the best choice for the faction's welfare.

Nemesis stepped cooly into the courtyard, her eyes gleaming icily. She locked onto Scarlet immediately, putting on the most fake smile she could ever manage, "I see they were quick to replace me in my absence. It's good that both factions were concerned about the state of North in such a way. Northwest was very kind to offer you up to our humble city, Scarlet." She said casually, then gave a shallow bow in the Northern way. "However, it looks like we're having a bit of trouble now, don't we?"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games