Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:31 pm
" I believe I should fetch Gendo-san. I'll be back shortly."
Naohiko bowed and took his leave. As Naohiko moved to what he thought Gendo's destination was, he thought upon the things he needed if he were to try his hand at crafting. The only thing he could really do was paper so....frames, presses, pulp, dyes....all of those things he needed. How much would be lent?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:16 pm
@ Naohiko:

It is a simple matter of tracking down and retrieving Gendo (and Setsuna) and bring him back for the event. The retrieval happens without incident.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 pm
After retrieving and catching Gendo up on the day's event, Naohiko would state the following. "I can make some professional grade paper. It's going to take me around eight hours to do so, I think."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:15 am
"Hmm... that's going to be a tough one for me. I am a smith, that takes a lot of time. I wonder how long the maximum amount of time will be."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:29 pm
"Hrrm. I'm sure Doji-hime would be willing to give before say...her dinner. If you need more time, I'm sure you could offer to let Doji-hime babysit Setsuna-chan. She seems to notice very little when Setsuna-chan is in her care."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:08 pm
"Or we could actually ask an official what the maximum allotted time is. If it is not counted in days, I will need to present a part of a weapon instead of a full one. Most likely a tsuba, or a tanto blade."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:34 pm
@ Gendo:

Assuming Naohiko's recap is verbatim to what he was told, no definite maximum time frame was given, but will probably depend on what other time frames are given. That is to say, if everyone else but you requests hours and you request days, you will probably get turned down. That said, going in with several ideas might not be a bad idea.

Also, feel free to give me a Raw Intelligence roll vs TN 15 for something that might come to Gendo while he contemplates.

EDIT: Result of Intelligence roll of 23: You can probably cut down crafting time if you had assistance. Naohiko said nothing of the sort of it being a one-person crafting team.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:56 pm
Gendo would adjust his kimono and approach the judges, carefully holding Setsuna. "Pardon me, but do the Crane have any assistants they could offer if we require them?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:08 pm
Rather than 'judges', since this event was being judged by Doji Kioko herself, Gendo would end up approaching Asahina Masanori with his question.

"Well... yes, yes we do," he would respond after mulling over it for a moment. "As long as you are the chief craftsman in the item's production and anyone else assisting you is to simply aid in labor, I don't see why it would be an issue. Why, what did you have in mind, Himura-san?"

Gendo, give me an Awareness/Courtier roll to negotiate this with Masanori. Who you can recruit will vary depending on which TN you beat:
TN 5 - An eta.
TN 10 - A peasant smith apprentice.
TN 15 - A peasant smith.
TN 20 - A samurai smith apprentice.
TN 25 - A samurai smith.

You can raise as desired for other things (quantity, etc). The quality/quantity of support will affect your crafting time and/or DCs.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 4, 5, 8, 3, 4 Total: 33 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:26 pm
"A smith should suffice, one who's training in the making of weaponry, Asahina-sama." He'd bow his head lightly after speaking.

Void Point for Trained
Awareness/Courtier - 4k3 - 16  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 am
"So, Kyouya-san. What are your plans for this event? If Himura-hime has no need for me and you're amenable to it, would you like to help me? Paper making is fairly simple in some ways. It would be a way for both of us to gain glory."  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:31 am
Kaichiyo frowned sadly at having missed breakfast, but there was no helping it. It was competition time! Her usual fire returned to her eyes, as if all those troubles had never happened. Yesterday may not have gone so well for her, but a Kraken had still come in high, and today she was going to WIN! Especially when they named crafting. Second best to cooking, which was ironic, because the very first plan to come to mind was cooking. But perhaps she could put a unique enough spin on it for this. Though her eyes narrowed and heart sank for just a moment as she saw Gendo, exasperatedly somewhere between 'What now!?' and 'I don't even want to know...', but finally drifting towards the latter when Naohiko offered to fetch him. Instead she simply waited her turn to speak with Masanori.

"I shall perform a combination display of fishing and cooking, as a demonstration of the craft of survival upon the high seas~!"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:12 pm
Upon receiving a reply from Kyouya, Naohiko would go up to Asahina Masanori and give him the required information on his intended task of paper making.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:11 am
Kyouya hummed along as the crafting expedition was underway, pausing to listen to Naohiko's offer. "Making... paper," she mouthed softly. She nodded, bowing towards him graciously. "Why, of course. With any luck, I can find some to keep for my calligraphy."  

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:14 pm
Naohiko nodded. " I would be more than happy to make paper to your specifications after this event is over. Art is even better when all facets are as the artist intended." the bushi gave Kyouya an apprasing look....not *as* lecherously as perhaps he did the previous night. "While I'm sure they may have smocks or aprons we could wear to avoid dirtying our normal clothing, do you have things you can wear you don't mind getting dirty?"  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games