Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:40 am
"Seems odd, your people didn't seek a way to reconnect with your family above. Given you are just as blind as a human down here, no offense... It just, from the sounds of it, your tribe was fighting an uphill eternal battle in this place with your torch lights a kin to a dinner bell to your pray 'n foe." He would state as he left the curtain of rock, with his armor bound in his arms. And continue as he moved back to the group. "You clearly left, before all this; so why would the rest of your people stay?"

"Please don't tell me you're an exile?" Ruin asked remembering how Kouri said earlier that her god allowed her to commune with exiles, like her sister, and her tribe. Even if it was only though the church.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:44 am
"We've been at this for generations Ruin. Down here, torches arn't the only source of light, and plenty of magic exist to create it. You say uphill battle, but we say last bastion of defense. Sometimes the few suffer so that the many can thrive. And for the record, most of us liked it down here. I only left because I wanted to hunt new prey, fight new opponents explore new lands. I wanted to see things that most of my people only get to read about, and grow stronger to fight legendary monsters!"  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:47 am
"It is still odd." He spoke plainly trying to end the conversation before he said something to offend her/her people. Though the thought still crossed his mind, could her sister have made a deal with Aria's terms due to seeing such magics fail under the power of far more powerful and ancient magics than the Underdark normally brought...

"Any woo... Revenge see you in a few hours." Ruin would again state, laying out his bedroll and prepared to slumber without eats, he would do so instead in the morning. "I would say night, but I am not certain if it is..."

Perception for watch 20.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:50 am
Hearing Kouri mention the change in her life upon meeting his name, Revenge would internally reflect upon that. Would the events from when they first crossed paths up until this moment be considered positive or negative?

On one hand, she did shoot him with an arrow.

On the other hand, it had been a while and she hadn't done so again.

Revenge wouldn't add to that conversation, but smile ever so slightly.

When Ruin addressed him, he turned his gaze to his fellow Tiefling. "Even if it were, I'm not worthy enough to sense Sehanine's watchful gaze this far down," Revenge would say to Ruin after rolling a natural 2. "Take care of yourself until then."

Quote:
In order to save time, Revenge's eventual Perception roll will be a 15 to keep watch.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:32 am
"If yer offering I'll take it." Replied Valac squatting down by the fire to warm himself while he waited.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:16 pm
"Oh, uh...Sure!" Irene would take one the kabobs and dip it in the sauce she was brewing and hand it to Valac. The tentacle bits still writhed a bit from the heat. As Valac tries it he finds the taste to be very intense, the sauce was sweet yet Irene must have put some spicy rub on the roper before cooking it. Where the flavor of the purple worm was vaguely reminiscent of crustacean the roper was much harder to pin down. The tentacle bits were very chewy . If anything, the could be compared to intestine. The roper was flavorful, but not as tasty as the worm. Irene's rub and sauce were doing a lot of the work.

However, Irene seemed to be enjoying them as she quickly downed two of the kebabs. she would place the sticks by her side and look up expectancy at Valac. "So...what do you think?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:26 pm
"You-" Valac begun stopping a moment to chew, "Need to find a softer way to cook it it's warm jerky now. Tastes good but gives ya jaw a work out!"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:22 pm
"Well, I'm glad you are enjoying it somewhat. I wasn't sure I could make it palatable at all. The texture of the tentacle is hard to disguise due to its elastic nature, but I'm glad the flavors worked." Irene would beam at Valac. "You know I thought you would be weirded out by my cooking but I'm glad I can share it with you. It's nice to know there is someone I can share my passion with."

Irene would finish off her roper shish kabobs and then consume any food that was left over in her basket of everlasting provisions. It was amazing how much food her petite frame could take in, but then she did have an overabundance of energy. When there was nothing left to eat Irene would retire to her personal tent (after standing her watch).

As the night stretched on (as far as anyone could tell underground), the quietness of the caves was only occasionally punctured by the sounds strange creatures in the depths. Nothing ever sounded that close, but it was clear there was more life around them then the night before. For Kuori, who could recognize some of the beast calls, it was beginning to sound like home.

Nothing of consequence happens during Valac's, Ilikan's or Kuori's watch. However, a few minutes into Revenge's watch, he would hear a loud crash by Irene's tent. Not loud enough to wake up the entire camp but enough for Revenge to take notice. (Ilikan would also hear those noise in his sleep, should he choose to wake up and investigate it.)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:11 am
"..."

Lifting his head from prayer to Sehanine, he would tense and immediately look about without moving his head much. No immediate source of the noise (a la Drow coup-de-gracing the party), so Revenge would quietly draw his longsword from its scabbard and stand slowly.

Quote:
Stealth of 18 to not make noise.

If it was a monster that did not have working eyes, light would not matter to it. If it was something that did rely on vision, perhaps the sudden of exposure of light would daze it long enough for Revenge to rouse a proper alarm. But until the source of the disturbance was determined, he'd rather not wake the others to allow them rest.

Grabbing his everburning torch, he would pull the cloth from the magical flame using his teeth and toss it aside. Armed with blade and beacon, he'd carefully step over any sleeping comrades and quietly approach the perimeter of Irene's tent.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:20 pm
As Revenge carefully moves over to the source of the sound he sees Irene laying flat on her face. However, she quickly stands up and brushes herself off. It appears she had tried to exit quietly from the back of her tent and instead tripped over a stake and fell. Immediately noticing Revenge approach with his torch she would look embarrassed. "Ah...uh...don't mind me!" She would avoid making eye contact with him. "I need to uh...I need some private time...to myself."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:52 pm
Revenge would sigh with relief, lowering his weapon from his ready-for-action pose.

"It's just you,"

The Tiefling would look over his shoulder at the sleeping party, his tail arching and then flicking back and forth.

Turning back to Irene, he'd nod. "You should have come and gotten me rather than try to sneak off for your private time. That way, I can keep watch for you. It's too dangerous to go off on your own," he'd explain sympathetically to the young lady.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:37 pm
"Uh...no...that's fine. I wont be far, its just..." Irene finally fixes Revenge a look. The Paladin realizes she is trying to hint to him without saying it out loud that she was on her way to relieve herself.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:35 pm
The Paladin realized that in the previous post, actually.

"Yes, I know. Don't forget where we are. I won't be in sight, don't worry; I am keeping a lookout for things that mean you harm. Also, please lower your voice, the others are trying to sleep and if any are light sleepers, they probably don't appreciate us being Chatty Cathies."

Revenge would turn in place so his back to her, and kept a vigilant gaze in the other direction.

Quote:
Perception +8 = 13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:33 pm
Irene lowers her voice. "Alright, I'll be fine. I just need a little...space."

Irene turns around and walks away from the campsite. In a moment she is out of the view of the campfire's light."

Ten minutes or so pass by and Irene has still not returned to the camp. However Revenge has not detected anything during that time to make him feel something is amiss.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:09 pm
Illikan shifted slightly under his blankets, rolling onto a side to put a hand on his hammer as something made a ruckus nearby. At the sounds of low voices though, he relaxed, opening his eyes and laying on his side while they discussed.

He considered going with the girl- a good habit for any soldier to learn to keep- but with the paladin watching for her too, decided to allow the noble her more picky sensibilities, and closed his eyes- though not before taking a deep breath and channeling the chilled subteranean air and the old stone all around them, feeling the light thrum of the cavern up his arm reverberating through his body, as his ears adjusted far better to the area.

Maybe not ideal for privacy, but it was safer, and she wouldn't have to know.

[Minor: Eyes of the Hawk]
[Perception: 34 to listen to Irene and the cavern for any signs of trouble during her bathroom break.]

If the warden heard anything of alarm, or could tell the girl had wandered excessively far off, he'd pop up early- otherwise, around that ten minute mark he'd roll quietly from his blankets, standing with hammer in hand, stepping up to Revenge with a questioning look, but not a spoken word.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games