Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
GGG Most WANTED ~ CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New RN's. How bout it?
I desire to serve the Mistress and her ladies unconditionally
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
I just want a drink
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
Say What?
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Oh gawd. How am I going to walk in those heels?
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:40 pm

((Woot, 66K in posts! Go MW! User Image))

"Well, Kits said her favorite colors were blue and black, so I'm thinking the MW ladies could dress in those colors for the showing. And for Saturday....hell, I don't care, we're just gonna have fun! There'll be a lot of red and black going on up in here that night. wink "
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:43 pm

{{You know... I kept quiet when you were there, but since you mentioned it again..... kilts are Scottish, not Irish. Two completely different countries... not even on the same land mass.}}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:45 pm

((Look, Mr. Persnickety......pft, never mind! rofl ))

((*tackles TES to the floor* User Image))

*inserts this

((Though the origins of the Irish kilt continue to be a subject of debate, current evidence suggests that kilts originated in the Scottish Highlands and Isles and were adopted by Irish nationalists at the turn of the 20th century as a symbol of Celtic identity.))

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

((True story, Tes. 3nodding ))

-looks down at her outfit- Guess I'm valentine-y early! xd 3nodding

So blue and black, eh? That shouldn't be too hard. 3nodding
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:50 pm

*aaaand

((A garment that has often been mistaken for kilts in early depictions is the Irish 'Lein-croich', a long tunic traditionally made from solid colour cloth, with black, saffron and green being the most widely used colours. Solid coloured kilts were first adopted for use by Irish nationalists and thereafter by Irish regiments serving in the British Army, but they could often be seen in late 19th and early 20th century photos in Ireland especially at political and musical gatherings, as the kilt was adopted as a symbol of Gaelic nationalism in Ireland during this period.[8]

Upwards of 100 Irish tartans have been registered with the Scottish tartan Authority.[citation needed] The earliest dating back to the 1880s. Many faux "Irish County" tartans were designed by Polly Wittering, first produced in 1996 by the House of Edgar, of Perth in Scotland. Marton Mills in West Yorkshire produced a competing "Irish County Crest Collection" based on the colours from Irish county crests, resulting in tartans that are considered aesthetically questionable by many traditionalists. There are also a number of "Irish District" tartans most of which are recent designs by Lochcarron of Scotland. The Ulster tartan is one of the oldest registered Irish tartans. It was found by a farmer, W.G. Dixon, in County Londonderry, Northern Ireland, in 1956 as he uncovered pieces of clothing made from the design. The Belfast Museum and Art Gallery dated the material from between the 1590s to 1650s. Its exact origins are unknown, but it is likely that came from a Scottish pioneer during the beginning of the Ulster plantation period when the Scots first came in great numbers to Ulster. There are other generic Irish tartans including the Irish National, St. Patrick's, Tara, and Clodagh. Some Irish family tartans have been appearing over the years, although these are few at the moment more are being created. O'Brien, Sullivan, Murphy, Fitzpatrick, and Forde are fairly common examples of Irish family tartans.))

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:55 pm

She finished her drink and got up to rinse her glass. "Yup, I think we all have some blue and black in our wardrobes. If you see Kits, remind her we need her to drop off her art here, by Friday morning at the latest. We'll be setting up Friday afternoon. 3nodding "

She set her glass aside and covered a yawn. "Well, I think I'm going to call it a night. I'll talk to you later, dame." She gave dame a brief hug and headed to the office to do the security scans. She headed to her quarters and soon found herself in bed getting some much needed sleep.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 pm

{{So.... any kilts that may appear in Ireland are still Scottish. That's what I got out of it.}}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:58 pm

((Agreed - they can't help they love the plaids!))
((User Image plaid User Image))
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

-hugs Kat back- Night Kat! -heads down to her room her ownself-

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

((Whether Scottish or Irish....there's still kilts in Ireland wink ))
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 pm

{{Very few, according to Leko's information.}}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm

*wide awake for some reason, decides to stop into MW. Not seeing anybody in the bar, she heads to the espresso machine to start a hot cocoa*
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm

((Yah! Sullivan's! *rubs her face in plaids*))

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm

*enters the main bar area with Tes, giving Kits a smile and a wave when he sees her*
Vendui'~ 4laugh
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games