Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
• Ϯѻɼϯʉɼɛɗ • →ʂlคvɛ ɼp← f u l l Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:42 pm
Curiosity and Naïveté exchanged glances, looking lost and nervous. Since the question had been addressed to her, Naïveté was the one to respond to Maxy. "I don't know," she confessed. "I don't even think they have a name. If they do, the master's never mentioned it. We just call them the pets. Some of them have nicknames that we gave them, but I don't know what they are."

Jumping when Maxy flicked one of her long braids, Naïveté continued, "They're...really very sweet, when they aren't hungry." She didn't seem to quite know what to make of Maxy's fascination with them - they'd never had one of the slaves who actually liked feeding the pets. Naïveté was used to it and comfortable with it, but she didn't enjoy it; it left her too shaky and exhausted for her to like it.

Just then, the door squeaked open and both of them stared at the door in wide-eyed hope.

Reticence came out to join them. Physically, he looked fine - there wasn't even a bruise. But those half-closed, sleepy eyes were blank, empty.

Dead.

Without saying a word, Naïveté moved over so that he could sit between her and Curiosity. Reticence shuffled over to them and sat between them, all his usual cold distance gone. Curiosity put a hand on the other boy's shoulder, and Naïveté leaned silently against him, offering their strength.

None of them spoke, and it seemed possible they'd totally forgotten Maxy was there.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 pm
By their odd glances she could tell that they probably weren't expecting that response from her. "I have a sort of understanding with animals." She shrugged, "So, it's best to know about them for later encounters". She grinned, but it turned to a frown when she followed the others' eyes.

Her smile drooped to an unsure, lopsided frown, which for some reason looked oddly out of place on her calm features.
She watched the subtle signs of comfort, not sure what to do, and gently leant her forehead on Reticence's knee from where she sat on the ground.

Her actions seemed a bit animalistic, but that was not uncommon for her.
Putting the forehead on someone's knee was something she'd had animals do to her back home when she was upset. An adult once told her that they did it because they were putting themselves in a position of vulnerability (Because they are blind of any attacks and have their head on something hard and possibly mobile) and it gave a subtle sense of strength to that who was receiving.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:22 am
bump  

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:47 pm
Reticence didn't even move when Maxy placed her forehead against his knee, which was very strange behaviour for such a distant boy. Indeed, it might have been thought that he hadn't even noticed if it hadn't been for the subtle movement of his eyes. That dead stare flickered down to her and then back up, staring straight ahead at some distant point that only he could see.

Neither of the other two asked any questions for a very long time, and the little courtyard was as silent as a tomb.

Finally, Curiosity's hand tightened a little on Reticence's shoulder and he asked quietly, "Are you...okay?"

Reticence didn't speak for a long time. When he did, it was rusty and hoarse, as though he hadn't spoken in a long time - or else as though he had been screaming. "I'll be leaving soon."

The non sequitur seemed to throw Curiosity, but Naïveté picked up the slack with a whispered, "What?"

That pale, awful grimacing expression on the dark-haired boy's face was supposed to be a smile. "Master has learned all he cares to about me. I'm no longer useful." His eyes closed all the way, a look of something like fragility on his face. "I'll be leaving soon."

The dead silence fell again, full of emptiness and pain.

~

Marcelius gazed moodily into the orb, watching the colours slowly swirl and darken to reflect the temper that was building under his ever-calm exterior.

He did not want to get rid of the boy. The slave, he calmly corrected himself. There was more to be learned from that boy, especially due to his...unique...physiology. But one of those Keshval that he considered as close to a friend as he had had warned him, privately, that some people felt he had had that slave too long. His people rarely kept their slaves longer than a few years; they outlived their usefulness quickly, and he had had the boy almost three times as long as a slave was generally kept. If he had been able to wave it off by saying the boy worked around the place, and if he had specific requirements for his home, he might have been able to keep the boy. But everyone knew what he used his slaves for.

And so there was pressure - not very heavy yet, but growing stronger all the time - for him to rid himself of the boy. It frustrated him, infuriated him, that he had to get rid of the slave when the boy had several more years' worth of interesting information to give him.

Part of him, a very small, meek part, wondered how he was going to explain this to the child, who had just found out who he really was. But Marcelius shut that down with no further ado - he was Master, the child was a slave, he did not have to explain himself to the boy. There was nothing else to think about.

In the meantime, he had to track down a new owner for the boy - preferably one that would allow him to borrow the slave from time to time in order to continue his experiments, ideally one that would also keep quiet about that. And he had to deal with the new slave.

He'd get to all that.

For the moment, he just stared into the orb and wondered why there was something like sorrow beneath the frustration.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13 am
"...but....but...?!" But he was the master's son! It didn't make sense! Maxy's eyebrows furrowed before she closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"How soon?" She watched him without moving.

It didn't seem real.
None of it did actually.

Even in her unnaturally calm outdoors demeanor there was a hint of panic in her whisper.

She was so new to the place and the system. As soon as she thought she was starting to understand something or someone....and he was going to leave.

How would the others be? She was new to them, but Reticence....he was their family...their brother. Who would hold Naivete when she was too upset to speak, and speak with Curiosity in the secrecy of their room?

She looked him straight in the eye while waiting for an answer.

Maxy would never say it out loud, but she kind of looked up to him. He was so strong.  

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 pm
Reticence's shoulders lifted and fell once, defeat apparent in every move he made.

"Soon," was his only, dull reply. "He didn't say."

The other two had moved to either side of him. Naïveté was pressed against his side, and Curiosity had shifted so that he was touching shoulders with his friend.

The pets crowded around the bench, their chitters and squeals an unwelcome counterpoint to the silence of the slaves.

Naïveté and Curiosity exchanged glances one more time, and then they looked to Maxy with identical, panic-stricken, slightly wary looks on their faces. The sort of look that asked, Can we trust you?

Curiosity looked up at the house. "The master wants you, Maxy," he said quietly. "Just go in. He doesn't want us to accompany you, so he'll be somewhere easily accessible."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:17 pm
Maxy's head popped up in sheer panic. She had the eyes of a trapped tiger.

What did she do now? Just walk in like everything was okay? Her head flicked back and forth looking for an exit. She thought she was ready to see the master.
She had been waiting to be called in like the others since she got there, but now that Reticence was leaving she didn't know what to do.
Slowly she stood up and nodded mutely, slowly letting herself inside and closing the door silently behind her as she went. She left her mind blank as she walked, sure that her senses would lead her wherever the master want her.

Yet, despite her efforts, she felt a bitter anger rising in her, for Ret's sake. It was confusing because she'd never had a bad experience, herself, with the master.

There was no telling how she would act when she actually found him.  

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 pm
((OOC: D8 D8 D8 I'm sorry! I know I promised Wednesday but then...s**t happened. And real life. And hideous arguments that left me kind of emotionally drained and I am STILL emotionally drained.))

Maxy's feet would eventually lead her into one of the open main rooms, where Marc was seated already. He did not look up as she approached; he was silently entering something into the small, chirping silver thing that lay on the table.

Only once she was fully in the room did he glance up. As usual, the power of his eyes was arresting - like his son's. Giving her a quick once-over with that unsettlingly calm stare, he said calmly, "Come find a seat." Then he went back to doing whatever he was doing.

Now that the secret was out, the resemblance between Marcelius and Reticence was undeniable. Reticence had his eyes, his facial structure, his body type. Marcelius had the unnatural beauty of the Keshval, of course, but he had passed some of that on to his son as well.

And yet none of that would save the boy. It seemed a shame.

On Marc's other side there was a folded piece of white that looked similar to the paper-like stuff that was kept in the art room. But this one looked old, faded, dirty, with worn edges; it sat beside Marc's free hand, and occasionally one of his fingers would brush it as though looking for something.

He seemed to be waiting for her to move before he spoke again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:05 pm
((no worries, I only cut myself a little XD no stress, hug!))

Maxy practically forgot her anger when she saw him. Keshvals tended to have that effect on humans after all.
She plopped down and crossed her legs with a 'humph', and stared at him, waiting for him to make eye-contact,

"You're really a piece of work, you know that?"
Anger remembered.

She crossed her arms over her chest and slumped down in her chair, bouncing her ankle.
She was restless now, eyes struggling to stay focused on him, but she managed.  

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:35 pm
BUMP  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:10 pm
((OOC: Finals. Killed. Me. However, I am on break now and should be much better with responses, whee.))

"I am quite aware," was Marc's dry response. He entered a few further notes into the chirping silver object sitting beside him, and then frowned thoughtfully down at it. Other than that response, he seemed to have forgotten Maxy's presence.

"Very well," he said after a few moments. "As you know, I find your human names irritating and overly simplistic, utterly unrelated to your persona." He wasn't looking at her while he was speaking; he talked in the half-absent way one might speak to a pet. "And so I have assigned you the name Passion, based on your...rather extravagant emotional responses thus far."

His eyes turned down towards her face, and if Maxy was observant she might notice him touch the piece of white paper folded on his desk. "We will begin your training for experimentation shortly, as I will be short-handed upon the departure of the boy."

He kept working on his strange object, seeming to have forgotten that he hadn't dismissed her yet--if Maxy wanted to speak, the time was now.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 pm
((yay! lol))

Maxy's eyes narrowed. She didn't miss a beat. She didn't act on noticing the paper just yet, though.

"Would you look at me!? Seriously. In all logic, you spent money on me, means until I'm of further use to you I'm spending your time. Assuming that you are the smart keshval you've made yourself out to be, you wouldn't waste your time with beating around the bush. Not beating around the bush includes eye-contact and blunt honesty. Neither of which you have provided upon certain times and subjects. You're his father!"

Maxine breathed heavily, suddenly taking back her angry thoughtlessness. She sat up more straightly and stuck out her chin, pulling her best impression on Reticence. It wasn't too hard. She didn't know how strong she was.

On terms of her name, she actually rather liked it, but 'Maxine Strongwill' was her identity. She'd find a way not to forget it.
As for experimenting. She couldn't wait.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff