Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:31 pm
So to follow up on that... if eating too many minis can cause that sort of thing...

Where does the meat people eat come from? I always kinda thought that all the meats came from minis.

Also.. since all food is made out of FEAR, is it possible for someone to get a FEAR overload just from eating normally?

... And along that same vein.. how does any hunting actually work if when it seems that things usually don't leave a body upon death?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:24 pm
Most meats come from minis ~ and nobody ever actually has to eat, it's more of a pleasure thing than an actual physical need.

Eating normally won't cause a FEAR overload, but gorging oneself definitely can. Even IRL you can harm yourself through eating too much, it's the same in Halloween only instead of getting diabetes you explode.

It's rare for minipets to dissipate. It comes down to the difference between a Citizen and a Minipet. The two can share many similar traits and even look the same (except for the minipet usually being rather smaller) but a Citizen can be considered the superior being. The difference is in how they are created ~
Citizen: they are the result of a focused idea, which has inspired FEAR energy and related emotions in human beings. The energy is drawn to the idea that inspired it, and once enough has accumulated, the energy changes into a more material form and a Citizen is created.
Minipet: Halloween is full of ambient FEAR, since human emotions aren't always focused, but the energy is still created and still drawn to the world of Halloween. Minipets occur when this energy takes form without a focused and solid FEAR-inspiring idea at it's core. Their form -can- be manipulated by TiHers, and controlled creation (breeding) is possible.

So when a citizen dies, their FEAR particles are able to dissipate and reform around their "core" ~ but when a minipet dies, it's really just another part of the landscape and they usually won't dissipate anymore than most of those spooky trees would if they got chopped down for lumber. While they may sometimes dissipate as well, particularly if they have an abnormally high density FEAR content, it's definitely not common.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 pm
ONE LAST EATING QUESTION

What about Gluttony Demons? (since their natural ability is their second stomach)
and Yidags (whose natural ability is eating forever and never being full)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:49 pm
I'm going to say that their stomachs access a pocket dimension that holds the bulk of whatever they've eaten. Basically they may eat a ******** but they don't really "digest" it. Which is also why Claire doesn't look like this.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:58 am
I was sent a silver pumpkin seed on the minis site -- it says from winning a game but I don't recall winning a game that had silver seeds as prizes. Wat do? Is my memory really that bad or did someone send me the seed by accident? Derp derp derp herpy derp!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:50 pm
Perhaps you participated in a RP event and won it that way? Or maybe something mysteriously beneficial happened that gave it to you, ie gatchapon/weekly chance/etcetc. Either way, congrats! I'd treasure it anyway. 8D

[Edit]

HERPADERP also we've moving from gaia banking to minisite banking, so chances are you earned the seed WAAAAAAAAAAY back sometime. c:  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

[ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]

Quotable Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:47 pm
Purely out of curiosity but above when you said what defines a Citizen is an Idea that inspires Fear allowing them to take form; well what happens if people stop being scared of the idea? Whether because the myth is obscure or because it's more of a joke now; does this change in thought affect the Citizen or because they ONCE where a Fear inspiring Idea are they forever fine?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 pm
There's a couple things that result from loss of FEAR from the human world ~

- the power of their natural and FEAR abilities stops increasing naturally once they fully reach adulthood. This can be countered by going to the human world and directly gathering FEAR for themselves

- lesser standing within society in general

- the most dramatic change that occurs is lower birth rates via both pumpkins and those born directly from FEAR  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

[ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]

Quotable Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:54 am
Thank you Liz! Following along that line of thought, I was wondering if perhaps Drop Bears would be counted as one of those species suffering from this because well:

a) Not many people actually know the myth, even among aussies it isn't actually the most widely known

and

b) Those that do know it mainly treat it as a joke, because well it kinda is. Only tourists and the odd small kid are scared by it and then not for long. It’s mainly used to prank the tourists and warn kids from staying under gum trees less it decides to randomly drop a limb on them and squish them.

Which basically adds up to not the most Fear inspiring myth xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:17 am
Yeah ~ in that situation they would be affected by it (scary movies can help boost their numbers/FEAR, but these days such a movie would likely end up more "camp" than truly scary) ~ fortunately, creatures like Drop Bears are pretty capable of eliciting fairly terrible scares when actively visiting the human world, plus they're able to blend in fairly well in forests and parks.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:26 pm
Have there ever been any wars within Halloween? If so, what are some of the big ones?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 pm
Most "wars" are of the Hatfield and McCoy variety, mainly clannish feuds with occasional quick civil war within the races. Though they can have hefty death counts and last for centuries, they don't really involve much of the rest of Halloween. The hast full-out Halloween war was before Halloween really existed, when the gods, monsters, and creatures of nightmare were being expelled from the Human World.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 pm
not sure if i should be posting here or in the minis guild so uh ...

i have six silver seeds in my bank but only recieved two on the site?
i can show proof if necessary xD

if i should post this in another forum just let me know OTL  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 pm
goes to minis guild or on the minisite forums ~  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:51 pm
Just so I have a better idea of how much things costs... what's the rough conversion rate for seeds to USD? About 1:1?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games