Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:38 pm
User Image
☽═━┈━┈━═☾
Anyanka Swan

Headmistress
☽═━┈━┈━═☾

The Headmistress hurried into the Great Hall, her long dress trailing behind her. She appeared out of breath as she moved up the center of the Great Hall, passing by Inari Evernight with a nod to her Deputy Headmistress. She moved up to the podium, which extended its wings, ushering the Great Hall to silence. "I am truly sorry I'm late students. I was held up with other matters. First, I'd like to welcome all of our old students back to Hogwarts. All of your Professors are sure to be happy to see your faces again. I know I am. To the new students, I say welcome all. Savor these years here at Hogwarts as they will be some of the best years of your life. I'd like to remind all students that the Forbidden Forest is off limits to all students. Now, let the welcoming feast begin!" As the Headmistress finished her speech, there was a popping sound at each table as the food appeared en masse on the table.

⇨{It is over. The feast didn't begin until this post though.}⇦

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana watched at the Headmistress hurried through the Great Hall. Ariana was amazed at how long her dress was. As she spoke, Ariana listened intently until she heard a pop and turned around to see where it came from. The Hufflepuff table filled with so much food, such that Ariana has never seen before. The aroma from all the different food made Ariana's stomach growl. Without a word, she quickly sat down in her seat and began to fill her plate.

wearing

((I thought the sorting ended May 7th o.o My apologies about the feast))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:22 pm
User Image
fourth year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦Ears clad in the silver-white hair that was threatening to look gruff and unruly unless a much-needed haircut were to be had soon, had listened intently to the sudden ripple in all four tables of Houses. The reaction to the one student's sudden rigid behaviour did little to add to his already fierce focus on the back of her head from his shaded position under the glowing lights of his late arrival. Dark eyes narrowed and glared with an intensity for not the girl but the message he could hear even from his distance as the news of it cast like wind to each corner of the hall. Little mental effort was needed to think and play with the words he hoped were genuine; a message was clear. The suspect, not as such.
He took a tentative step from his hiding place with the queue of picked up speech and receding surprise allowing him to come to his House Table more than a little bit unnoticed. Dark eyes still holding thoughts in them as he mauled over the words as well as the event of the prophecy. Approaching the benches of clad iron and honey yellow, he heard the sharp speak of what had momentarily occurred. The boy's gaze did little to soften or intensify until they touched the form of Jane Doyle. In that instant they widened with complete surprise. Disbelieve and warm shock radiating from his gaze as he suddenly became aware of nothing but her. She had changed, grown, blossomed.
Allen did not realize his approaching proximity to the table until his knees bumped the worn edge of a bench. He tripped in his action and gasped quietly in return to abrupt reality. Aware, then, of how clammy and nervously fidgety his hands were; for once thankful for the fabric that covered the sin there for also absorbing his nervous bodily reaction.
That bump of wood on his bony knee had been enough to catch the attention of a few surrounding his landing; he offered them all a met glance but said nothing. Until he saw Jane looking at him. Then his face broke into the largest grin it had ever harboured.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:45 pm

User Image

SongsOutfit

Jane listened intently to what was explained about the prophecy. Jane thought people might have been jumping the gun and it being in anyway related to Slytherin. It was always a possibility but was it really probable. Jane couldn't help but wonder if it might have something to do with the feeling in her stomach. She wished that she could figure out what on earth was going on. She thought about this for a moment but was distracted by a slightly ominous thud. Her eyes shot over to the end of the table. She blushed as she say the mess off white hair that seemed to be on the floor. When their eyes met Jane smiled widely. Just the person she wanted to see. She could help but laugh at him. All the worry and thought seemed to flood from her.

{{ New layout coming!}}

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:49 pm
User Image
fourth year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦He joined her in her laughing and his eyes light up in unison with hers. Straightening himself he pushed any notion of regarding any help possibly offered and simply stood before slipping into the seat right opposite Jane. He nodded to her in smirking greeting before eyeing the food with a lustful greed. "Hello Ms Doyle, looking lovely. I missed you on the train, out with the usual group?" He pepper his laughing words with a crinkling jeer before reaching out a gloved hand towards the action of loading his plate. A dish as empty as his stomach felt; and one soon to be as full. ¦¦

User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:14 pm

User Image

SongsOutfit

Jane smiled no bothering with the food, not really being in the mood to eat. She laughed slightly "Actually no. I feel asleep." She said with a smirked. "I've barely talked to them. We rode in the carriage together but no one really said much" She said with a shrugged. Then something clicked. "Oh and sorry about are plans getting ruined this summer. Summer was pretty crazy. Thomas and my parents were pretty bummed about not getting to meet you. Hope you had a good summer without little old me." She said brushing a hair away from her face and staring at the feast in front of her.

{{ New layout coming!}}

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 pm
ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

"I apologize for that Miss Varren, and I think what Austin suggusted is a good idea. For now, though, I leave you all to this wonderful feast. I'm sure there's plenty waiting for me at my table," Pandora said cheerfully before turning and walking back to where she had previously been. Life could be like that, and that was fine with the professor. Completely and utterly fine.

User Image

The hardest thing to be is true to oneself.

{Exit to Staff Table}  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm
User Image
fourth year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦The smile in his eyes faltered, falling from shining dark irises but his lips never twitching from their kindly position. "Oh?" he breathed, tone tight as various thoughts and expressed words were pushed back with great restraint and willpower. Thoughts cascading down towards his opinions of her friends and how he had more than once bitterly glared at the back of their heads when they walked in their trio leaving Jane Merlin knows where. Abandoning her form events and collection and outings and information that, to Allen, seemed the bricks of what he would call a friendship. Unfortunately he never saw the beautiful, charming girl with others outside the other three and he wondered if she did have any others to call friends. It was an unthinkable crime that her currently labeled ones did not go out on a limb to see to her, but an even greater one that no one saw the darling girl and sweet sense he saw. That no one reached out to try to claim her.
His lips had pressed down hard in a grim line the beat after his voice caught the air, and they they opened once more to speak again. "Not very friendly if you ask me." He forced a perfectly concealed laugh with a generous touch of sarcasm to tell her he was joking and smiling again. Even with dark thoughts just below the surface.
At he next prompt, his physically smile finally faltered. Mouth barely ajar as it let all the life breath free with widening, stunned eyes. He cast his gaze down suddenly after the hesitation and skip, muttering suddenly, "Oh, no, its fine, really. I kept myself busy." Memories coming back all too freshly of the nights he would sometimes spend awake by candlelight staring further and further past the clouds and stars hoping desperately for any sign of message from her. Any prompt after her last; I am sorry Allen, next time.
He swallowed thickly placing the thoughts that always made his bones feel weak just as roughly back as the previous thoughts and outbursts. He rose his gaze once more - apologetic light touching them as he met her soft eyes - and smiled sheepishly. "It was bearable, can't say I didn't miss you though. Summer is never really my speciality...." he allowed the thought to hang, a grip in his chest tightening suddenly that had nothing to do with being by her. A vice that told him he had relieved something and he momentarily regretted it before offering a flashed smile and straightening up, tucking into the food his had piled.
¦¦

User Image

Pale Mist

XXx_gold-dust_xXX

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:38 pm
User ImageAbellia
Grace

User ImageSynfanic

User Image

Hufflepuff/:/First Year

""This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Abellia shrugged when Ariana didn't speak to her, but she got over it quickly and sat down by everyone. She looked at the food and smiled. Abellia had never seen this much food in her life not even on Passover night of or on Hanakah. She hide it from everyone though she didn't want anyone to talk about her parents recent death or ask her why she was acting strange about the food. She just waited for everyone to sit down and smiled at decorations in the grand hall. Abellia looked away from everyone and kept to herself or tried to at least. She looked at all the food again and smiled she hoped it was all hers.

"If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana took a mouthful of food as the professor left to her table. I wonder what she teaches, she thought, staring at her. She then looked over at a blonde girl who sat at the table, and who asked what happened. Once Ariana swallowed her food, she smiled at Abellia. "Hi!" she shouted, wanting to make another friend.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:03 pm

User Image

SongsOutfit

Jane just sat for a moment looking at Allen. She fidgeted a little. He really could be a mood killer couldn't he. She brushed away yet another hair was a timid hand. Jane had figured out a while ago that Allen wasn't to fond of her friends. Even through the flashed smile and hint of sarcasm Jane knew Allen totally believed it. The worst part was she was, on occasion, starting too as well. Just like that Allen had made her want to cry but she couldn't and she wouldn't. She put on a smile and continued to listen to him.
Jane swallowed hard. Oh how badly she wanted to throw her empty plate at him and run off to the common room. Jane felt guilty and rude and even concerned. Something about Allen seemed different. He seemed very upset and Jane didn't know what to do. Part of her wanted to hug him and apologize put most of her wanted to stick to that plate theory. She loved Allen, really loved him but it felt like they kept getting more distant. When she left to go off with her friends and left him and then her friends barely cared. She had to swallow a sigh. Why on earth did life have to be complicated? It was times like these were she wanted to live a normal life. Times like these when she wanted to be a muggle. She honestly missed the shear bliss she had had living with her parents. Jane bit her bottom lip and remained completely silent not knowing what to say.

{{ New layout coming!}}

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:22 pm
User Image
fourth year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦Allen mouth had watered more than he had realized at just the wafting smells of the food around and in front of him. He had piled his plate with little notice of what he was choosing; he had never been a picky eater and was now even less so with certain circumstances. Eyes didn't fully connect with his brain as he chose things at random in varying quantities. Before he realized he was very near drooling, his plate was also piled. Steamed vegetables and a helping of chips, sauces drowning his savoury beef and crispy skin of chicken glistening next to the boiled seafood. Hands eagerly and on their accord reached for his utensils as he immediately began tucking in. Eyes now fixated on his loaded meal as his stomach demanded it but ears open as he awaited Jane's next prompt. Soon, even that sense closed off at the sensation of food finally hitting his stomach. Sighing with deep happiness, he devoured it even quicker.
On the second slice of cornbread, he suddenly realized there was only one patch of silence in the entirety of the feasting Great Hall and it was placed right before him. His dark eyes shot up towards her and a dark brow rose into the hairline of completely contrasting white hair. "U'right?" he mumbled, attempting to keep his bursting mouth closed as modestly as possible as well as mumbling the question coherently. Swallowing thickly he attempted again, eyes set completely on her as was every focus. "Jane?" he tried in whisper, seeing her gaze was no longer on his reality-bound form. "Everything all right?" All the darker thoughts he was repressing he could now see reflected in her eyes. The wash of festering concern suddenly put his appetite in a complete other plane of thought.
¦¦

User Image

Pale Mist

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:40 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? In the Great Hall
What am I doing? Feasting.
What am I thinking? I want to eat it all.

As soon as the food showed up, Kat's stomach rumbled loudly and she dived into it, selected a large portion of mashed potatoes, vegetables and chicken. She eat heartily, as if she hadn't eaten all day, which was the truth actually. Her mother forgot to feed her this morning before taking her to King's Cross. Kat had shrugged at the thought and figured her mother would give her money for the trolley, which she hadn't. Now, Kat was eating a feast that blew her mother's cooking out of the water. Before her father had gotten arrested and most of the family's wealth had disappeared, they had a cook who used to prepare amazing meals. But after Aldanis Varren went to Azkaban, their cook had left and Kat had to deal with her mother's cooking. Well, no more, she thought to herself and shoved some more mashed taters onto her plate.

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:17 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele returned to his seat, averting his attention from the recent occurences and finding one common place that all of his friends shared...and that was food of course. As the food appeared on the tables, Steele smiled. He watched as Ariana dug in, then even Katrina. The two little girls had huge appetites, even on that is larger than his. He then looked down at the food, not really knowing what to eat first. He wasn't quite a fan of mashed potatoes, but he particularly enjoyed turkey and ham. He started to eat, but not quite as hastily as Kat, or Ariana, for he was not too, too hungry. He laughed at the two girl's rapid eating.

"Well...I can tell you two had quite the appetite," he joked, looking at the two of them. He was really glad to have them as friends, well...acquaintances as of now, but soon to be friends. He ate a spoonful of homemade macaroni and cheese, hoping that he could win over these two girls, for he needed friends immediately. Steele wasn't one who could learn magic alone. He was going to need help in the near future.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana chewed her food roughly before swallowing it. She looked at Steele and smiled a bit. "Hey, I'm hungry," she stated. "I haven't eaten the whole train ride." She continued to eat before everyone was sent to their common rooms. Well, I ate chocolate, she thought, remembering how hungry she was earlier.

wearing

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games