Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:07 pm
"No you've got the tensions all WRONG!" Kagae would say loudly as he bolted upright, throwing the blankets off, in his cot looking about he would realise he wasn't in his workshop and somebody hadn't overstrung a bow which had splintered everywhere.

"Good morning Hogai-san..." Greeted Kagae groggily as a combination of annoying dreams and the desperate need to release his bowels of yesterdays dinner and exceesive tea drinking.

"Have you heard the events for today?"  
Mongooseh rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 10 Total: 17 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm
@ Crab Tent:

"Ah! You're awake, Kagae-san! I was just heading out to find out," the Hida would explain, stroking his beard as he stood near the tent flaps. "I did overhear something with 'jutsu' at the end, so I'm intrigued. You want to come with me, or do you want to try getting Kaori-san up first?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:09 pm
"Hmmm? Yes I'll come with you but I'd rather not try to wake Kaori-san after the display yesterday... A tanto in a leg doesn't fair better for a Kaiu as it does a Hida" Replied Kagae, "Just give me a moment..."

Kagae would then get dressed and don his armour on a whim that he felt like wearing it and that it wasn't that uncomfortable since it felt more like a second skin to him. Kagae then motioned for Hogai to lead on.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:16 pm
@ Crab Tent:

Hogai seemed confused by this act. "Expecting a fight? I don't think we're expected to wear armor, except for combat," Hogai would say, but indifferent as to what Kagae would actually decide.

If he were to don his armor anyways, Hogai would lead the way for the two to find out the events.

((Waiting for Kyumi and Hisashi.))  
Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 5, 4, 7 Total: 26 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 pm
@the previous night in the Lion Tent
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seichiro would head back to the Lion tent, seeing as there wasn't much to do. Once inside, he would sigh, and began making tea.

Rain Yupa
Seichiro would arrive at the tent uninterrupted, but that's as far as he would go. Upon arrival, the monk Kan would already be there, and tea already hot and ready to be served.

"Oh! Seichiro-san! I'm glad you're here. I was getting tea ready for celebration of Kyumi-san's victory. I was hoping you would arrive first, so you would be able to help me surprise her." There were even a few little pastry cakes, called Inaka Manju, set aside for the occasion.

Keith Valken Lionheart
Seichiro smiled at the monk, and sat across from him, giving him a small bow once he sat down. "And here I was, getting ready to make some tea, only to find it already made itself!" He would pick an empty cup, and let out a soft sigh. "I saw Kyumi-san's victory! A good bout, that was. I'm sure she's very proud of herself. Tell me, Kan-san, where did you get these Inaka Manju from?"

Rain Yupa
Kan would look plainly at Seichiro, as if unsure if he should be surprised that the question was asked or not. "I traded for them in Mura Shabishii Toshi on the way here. I had a bit of a sweet tooth as my time before I joined a monastery, and it was really an impulse decision." He would glance at the tent entrance, then back to Seichiro. "Do you know when Kyumi-san will be arriving?"

After Kyumi had won the duels, she had been bounding with energy and excitement. As much as she wanted to bask in the glow of having won her first event, Omi had managed to lead her away from the crowds for a while and they walked around the areas they had been given access to. After sometime, the two returned back, and headed to the Lion tent.

Kyumi and Omi arrived soon after Kan had asked about her, and it did not take her long to notice that they were having tea.

"Am I interrupting, or may I join you?"Kyumi would bow slightly in greeting before entering further into the tent.

@Morning of Day 3
When Kyumi awoke, she felt a bit more energetic than normally. Winning the Shugenja duels the night before had left her feeling confident that she might be able to win another event.

Upon hearing what the challenges were, it was easy enough for Kyumi to pick which event to enter. She didn't know any juijitsu, and as much as she might enjoy listening to poetry, Kyumi was far from being an poet. All that left was the lore event, which suited her fine. She might not be an end all be all expert in any particular field, but she did have a number of subjects that she found interesting.

With that, providing that no one stopped her on her way there, Kyumi would report to Doji Kita to sign up for the event.

((Rolling void! void = 10 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:55 pm
@ Previous Night, Lion Tent:

"This is your tent, as a competitor of the Lion Clan. I think you have every right to enter as any," Kan would respond in jest. "In fact, Seichiro-san and I had come ahead so we could prepare a victory banquet for you. Or at least, a victory dessert."

Kan would smile politely, and gesture towards Seichiro. "Seichiro-san was actually just telling me about coming to make tea now. I was concerned you wouldn't be coming."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:46 pm
@ Lion Tent, Previous night:

Seichiro grinned when Kyumi came in. "We were just wondering when you were going to arrive. Please, won't you join us for a bit?" He would then pour some tea in his cup. "Would you like some tea?" He showed her the tea kettle.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Sutiiven rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 9 Total: 13 (2-20)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:34 am
Hisashi rapidly signed up for the Poetry competition as his author was swamped with school stuff and hadn't the time to be fluffy with his application. He'd take time to get creative during the actual event.

Raw Void Roll.  
Plainsfox rolled 9 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 3, 10, 10, 6, 2, 6, 7 Total: 49 (9-90)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

"Actually" Kojiro said as he remembered the unicorn signing up for the poetry event. "I should sign up for the social competition. However, I need a small favor from you, Maru-san. I need you to blow on my fortune and wind dice for luck. I have a plan."

The bushi dug out his dice and held them in front of the sultry shugenja.

OOC Courtier roll w/ modifiers is 6k3. last 3 are incase of explosions.
Result: 34  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:15 pm
Kagae would follow Hogai as they would sign up to their respective events, Kagae's being the lore event. He would then tag along with Hogai for wherever he intended to go during the poetry event.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 pm
JIUJUTSU DUELS SIGN-UPS

Hida Hogai {13}
Kakita Zanzen {21}
Mirumoto Sozen {3}
Yoritomo Susumu {23}
Isawa Sosuke {18}
Shosuro Naizen {24}
Horiuchi Sayoko {16}
Ujina Denbe {9}

POETRY COMPETITION SIGN-UPS

Doji Koan {12}
Yoritomo Hisashi {13}
Bayushi Kojiro {6}
Ide Jiro {20}

LORE COMPETITION SIGN-UPS

Kaiu Kagae {7}
Kuni Kaori {16}
Asahina Kenichi {8}
Tamori Makoto {15}
Kitsuki Wazuka {24}
Matsu Seichiro {10}
Kitsu Kyumi {10}
Isawa Toyoko {13}
Asako Sumi {15}
Soshi Maru {8}
Shinjo Gemmei {4}
Kan {9}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

Maru would quirk a brow over the top of her eye veil, before commenting, "An odd request, but I see no harm in that." Leaning forward, she would gently caress Kojiro's dice with a soft breath.

--------------------

@ Crab Hijinks:

"Well, next thing on the agenda. We need to wake up Kaori. Come on, Kagae-san, I'll need your help for this..." Hogai would say, guiding Kagae elsewhere...

A few minutes later...

Back in the Crab Tent, Hogai would present Kagae with a bucket of water. "Since you've already donned your armor, I graciously permit you to proceed with the honors of waking up Kaori-san."

Kagae, do you accept this honor?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:26 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro bowed in thanks to Maru and then would carefully take a strip from his traveling sack and wrap it around the dice, packaging them as a gift. He would then tuck the package in his obi.

"I thank you, Maru-san. I need to go change my registration now."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 pm
Kagae would take the bucket but take a very large distance back before throwing its contents upon their female cousin. Fight or flight mode was active in his brain and he was ready to run as fast as he could as he watched the water in slow motion fly through the air at Kaori.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games