Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:12 pm
I eyed the imposter for a long moment, eyeing her, before returning the bow with a smile.

Ah Layla. How is my Father doing? What did he say about your little brush with Heaven?

I smiled sweetly at her.

But yes, we seem to be at an impasse. I know! We'll play a little game as we discuss all friendly like of who will continue leading North!

I whipped around, suddenly full of energy. I pointed to one of the Palace staff.

You! Bring me a table and two chairs! And a Candle! A simple wax candle!

((Remeber Hiddo-- Nemesis can't play this game))

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:27 pm
"He is well, as are the rest of your family. He found it to be most curious, and agreed that I was wise to return this soon to North." Nemesis responded politely, "Surely such an important matter cannot be adequately pondered while a playing a game. It's foolhardy to divert one's fullest attention from something so vital, or so Aerilo taught me."
She felt a twinge of something at the back of her mind...annoyance? Yes, that was it. The fembot felt her first hint of annoyance when the girl requested the candle; this must be something with mysticism. But she held her calm composure on the exterior.
"You don't honestly expect I remember such things, do you? It's been over ten years since I studied with your people, and I haven't been in regular practice. Mysticism has awful effects on machines, and in case you haven't noticed, Miss Scarlet, this whole faction is machinery."

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:42 pm
Thought so. I thought as I felt my tummy twinge again at her speaking with my father. No such thing done.

Trust me, Lady Layla, the ability needed to play this little game is something one never forgets.

When Nemesis mention Aerilo I giggled in a totally innocent way which was... even to me kind of creepy.

Silly! This was one of Aerilo's favorie little games, remeber? Daddy told me all about Aerilo and how he liked to have long intllectual discussions while playing. Or do you not remeber him as well as you think you do?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:13 pm
Nemesis pondered for a few seconds, her mind racing in so many different scenarios of what could happen. She thought that perhaps Scarlet was suspecting she was physically a robot underneath fake skin. Finally she nodded eagerly, "Alright, Miss Scarlet. I'll play. I can make no guarantees, however. True, he did have a fondness of games... but his manner of combat was altogether different, and that's the aspect which I most remember."
She sat down at one end of the table, waiting for Scarlet. "I'm just curious here — why don't we treat this matter like a presidential election? The people have a clearer idea of the type of leader they need most." Nemesis heard a slight shift in the crowd around them, as if the idea was both shocking and pleasant, judging on the tone of their mumbles.

• • •

Eva waited at the outermost edge of the government's property, extremely alert. She had seen no Caretakers, and this scared her. What if this was a trap? What if he was only betraying her again? She paced back and forth impatiently, until movement caught her eye. When she looked up, it was definitely Raowan. At least... the real-world Raowan. He was rather disheveled, and had the most weary, ashamed expression she had ever seen him wear. He walked right up to her, but didn't attempt to hug her like he normally would have. He was tense, paranoid.
"Eva, thanks for coming..." Raowan started, exhaustion seeping into his voice.
"What is this all about? What's going on with the simulation? And who's after you?" She questioned, suddenly defensive.
He sighed, "It's...complex. But, essentially, there are massive glitches in the system right now, and Shane started the shutdown process without telling me. He's... acting strange lately. He hasn't been informing me of anything he does, and to my knowledge, every other admin DOES know. They seem to be trying to isolate me from my own job." He shifted uncomfortably, "Also, Eva... there's a monster within that tower. She's the most wicked thing I have ever witnessed, and she was set loose this morning with no warning and no evident cause. I'm in great danger right now, and everything that's happening is beyond my control... And all of those people will likely die in the events yet to come."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 pm
Sounds fair.

It wasn't long before a small chess sized table was set below one of the glowing lit trees, as well as two chairs. I settled down under the tree in my chair.

On it was set a simple tapered unlit wax candle in a small candle holder.

I gestured for Nemesis to settled down in the seat opposite of me, as I pulled a tiny white rectagular object out from armor. I flicked back a tiny silver corner and lit was a tiny flame.

I lit the candle and I smiled her. It was a pretty golden flame with a blue heart.

You remeber how to fire push a candle, yes? The most basic and harmless of all techniques...

I raised my hand, palm flat and fingers stright, and I slowly moved my palm towards the flame. It bent a little, away from me. I moved my hand more, and soon the flame was burning at a 90° angle away from me. I moved my hand away and move it in a serpentine movement, and the flame flickered and moved like a snake.

I lowered my hand as I heard mumbles from the crowed that had settled around us. All eyes were on Nemesis and I now. Some were impressed by that little trick, I could tell.

Better make this count.

The goal of the game is to, using the little candle push, point the candle flame at your opponent. Simple yes?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:22 am
Nemesis nodded agreeably, "I shall try."
As Scarlet started to bend the flame, she inconspicuously rested her right arm on the edge of the table, in plain view of the public. When Scarlet's bending became more involved with the serpentine tactic, a spark and a puff of smoke escaped from the small wrist-mounted computer she wore as the energy overloaded it. The people took notice of this. "Whoops, forgot I was wearing that. Oh well. At least it's nothing more serious." She grinned innocently.
"I met Eva on my way here, by the way. She was heading for the simulation tower alone, defenseless. Needless to say, she was a bit spooked by encountering me in the middle of the night, but I'd say she got over it quite well. You know how she is. She was such a special girl." Nemesis stated conversationally as she waited for Scarlet to begin, her eyes showing a wickedly playful flicker. This was no lie, either; it was merely a play on words of her real encounter that morning.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:12 am
I smiled.

Well, I just hope she's fine, wherever she is. There is no need to worry, yes?

I made a serpentine movement with my hand and the flame waivered, with a flick of my wrist I made the flame do a loop in the air.

Well~? It's your turn, Lady Layla!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 am
"Well, considering the monstrosities which lurk those fields, I would certainly feel concern for a defenseless young woman of her stature. You never know what could find you out there."
Nemesis pretended to focus on the flame, and as Scarlet anticipated, nothing happened to it. Not even the slightest stir. She had to devise a way to undermine Scarlet's confidence while not demonizing herself. She reclined back in her seat leisurely, appearing to be the most comfortable person in the world at the moment, "I told you I hadn't remembered how to do such things. It's been too long, and perhaps... perhaps my encounter with God changed me. After all, your peoples' skills are peganistic in origin, and He considers magic to be of the most sinful practice. My sinful self died on that battlefield, and I was born anew."

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:17 am
I raised an eyebrow at her before nodding with a shrug.

Oh, the Roman god, Ok. I belive that was the one that preached forgiveness and justice while allowing his people to commit great acts of war and atrocities, all in the name of justice, yes.

I smiled, showing a full mouth of sharp teeth. Upon hearing this I heard the people stir with unease.

But he always gave his people a choice... didn't he? Even his own son had the choice to turn back... and he picked the cross for his beliefs.

I winked at her.

If he removed the ability to sin that would be very... tyrannical, now wouldn't it? Removing the ability to choose would defeat the purpose of free will...

At this I looked her stright in the eye, my hands laced together over my mouth, though my friendly smile still remained there.

After all, we're not machienes...

I then smiled large enough to crinkle my eyes a little.

So come on, sin a litte. All you have to do is ask for forgiveness, right?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:33 am
Nemesis raised an eyebrow, yet remained otherwise nonchalant, "I fail to see how our debate on religious alignment could possibly benefit the state of this faction, with all due respect Miss Scarlet. And I do believe you very well just supported my earlier idea of democracy, based on your statement of 'Removing the ability to choose would defeat the purpose of free will...'" She stretched, then straightened her posture once more, "I'm exercising my free will in the choice not to participate. It's rather pointless to play a game to ponder over the possibilities, when the answer is right before us. We'll let them choose." She gestured to the crowds and smiled at everyone else, "After all, we're not machines."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am
Yes, we're not machienes...

I got up and streched.

However, Democracy also should be gverned by informed desision making. and I have a little bit more information to give to my people.

I turned to my staff and gave them a shallow bow.

Please, bring me a large screen and the vid chat equipment, please? Set it up out here, above the mech's head. I wish to make a call to Northwest.

The staff scurried off, and quick as you please, started setting it all up. I started climbing my way up to the balcony on the Mech like a feline again.

When it was done I quietly made a request to see someone there... The Northwestener on the screen nodded at me hurridly before leaving the screen to fetch...

The real Lady Layla.

~~~

"Miss Layla! Miss Layla! Come quick! We have a call for you!"

The Young Northwestener ran up to her and gently tugged on her sleeve.

"Please! It's urgent!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:35 pm
"What now?" Layla sighed, then followed after the child. Genesis accompanied her to the room, but he remained waiting within the doorframe. She sat down before the camera, appearing to the faction beyond far less healthy than her replica. In fact, she was a vastly different person from the impostor altogether. She gazed over all of the shocked faces on the screen, but focused especially on the centermost; it was her own face. Layla grimaced, "What on earth is going on here?"

Nemesis made no attempt to hide her fury now. She pointed accusingly at Scarlet and the screen as she turned toward the people, "It's all a trick! Northwest has once again used its sorcery to betray you! They have modified one of their own in the likeness of myself!" She exclaimed, "This is why we cannot allow for foreign blood to reign over our nation — it holds only the best interest for its homeland at heart! They are trying to manipulate us, use us for our resources and rip the glory from our hands!"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:47 pm
I turned to the people and stood on the railing, balancing perfectly on my toes on the round railing.

People of North, how well do you know Lady Layla? Think back hard now, for this choice YOU make will mean your ruin or your lively hood! Would she so easily discard the practices of Areilo, the first mystic ad the one who would lead to the eventual forming of Northwest? Her first true mentor? The one who taught her the morality that has guided you all thus far?

I pointed to Nemesis.

We have already gotten your answer. You would toss Aerilo's teaching's aside like a ragdoll, as if it was worth nothing!

I spun like a ballarina on one foot to face Layla on the screen.

Lady Layla! You reside now in Northwest, yes? This imposter wishes to fool these people into thinking that she is you! Prove yourself to be Lady Layla, the one who once truly lead this faction! Or else all you have worked for and all we all have worked for is for nought!

I then looked back over all of the people again.

And remeber this, people of North! Has Northwest ever asked for resources? Has northwest ever asked for help? No. They have aided you all in times of need, as they have again in this time. They have even offered up one of their children to grow into your leader.

((Edited slightly.))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:56 pm
Layla's hand clenched into a fist at her side, she ground her teeth together silently as she thought. How could she prove herself? If this replica was as complete as it seemed, it surely possessed a great deal of her knowledge too. She shut her eyes, buried her face in one hand, feeling the stress and sense of hopelessness trying to overtake her again. Then she felt a gentle nudge on her shoulder. She glanced over to see Genesis (standing just outside of the camera's view), who was now holding her sword out to her.
"The copy doesn't have this; ask her where it is." He whispered.
She accepted the blade and held it in her lap, out of the sight of Nemesis. Layla spoke with a renewed vigor, "If we are to believe that you are the real Layla, surely you must have your treasured blade. Where is it?"

Nemesis crossed her arms and shrugged, "It was destroyed during the ambush in Southeast."
"Huh... how peculiar. You know, it's incredibly difficult to destroy diamond. And... Oh, my! What's this?" Layla lifted the blade in front of the screen, unsheathing it to show the marvelous sparkle of its stone coating, "Hmm. It sure looks an awful lot like the blade you're known for. Now why would I have it?"
"For all I know, you could be one of the Caretakers that Southeast had within its borders. Such a creature could have easily retrieved the remnants of my weapon and either repaired it, or recreated it. How do I know you're not a machine?" Nemesis asked coldly.
"I'll prove I'm no robot, but by doing so, you also must undergo the same trial. Understood?" Layla inquired, and Nemesis nodded agreeably. After a moment, she rolled up the sleeve of her shirt to her elbow, and withdrew a small dagger from within her boot. She held her exposed arm directly in front of the camera, knife readied, "Anyone who is squeamish, you may wish to turn away." She warned, giving the Northerners a chance. She glanced curiously over to Genesis, who looked extremely concerned about what she was about to do. But she had to do it.
Once the children were faced away from the screen, Layla plunged the knife into her wrist. Her face contorted with pain, but she did not halt; she dragged the blade all the way down the length of her arm to the elbow. Bright, crimson blood spilled down from the edges of the cut, staining her snow white skin with livelihood. She dropped the dagger on the desk, her hand too shaky to remain holding it. "Y-y-your t-turn."

Nemesis repeated the process, creating a long vertical gash down her left arm. She also bled just the same. She smiled at both Scarlet and Layla, "See? I am no machine." She lifted her bloody arm for all to see, causing many of the Northerners to appear uneasy and confused. Who was real?
"Layla, you really need to end this soon. I can't stop the bleeding with just bandages..." Genesis warned urgently, trying to wrap her arm up with gauze. The wound just kept bleeding right through it.
"I'll continue for as long as it takes me. If she's truly human, she'll bleed out just as soon as I will... and I'm surrounded by people with healing abilities." She declared with determination burning in her eyes.
Layla turned back to the screen, her vision starting to blur. But it didn't take acute vision to recognize when Rey stepped forward.

The young Northerner stopped a few feet away from Nemesis and the screen, glancing to both women as she addressed them, "If you're the real Layla, you should know the answers to these questions." She cleared her throat, "What is your blood type?"
They both responded simultaneously, "O negative."
She nodded, "And why is this important to me?"
Again, they both answered at the same time, "Because I was the donor who saved your life three years ago."
Rey started to lose confidence now, but she persisted with the final question: "Why did you save me?"
Nemesis replied first, "Because I could not allow an innocent life to be lost."
Finally, Layla answered in a weak tone, "You're my cousin, and I promised myself after my brother's death that I would not allow for any more of our family to perish at the hands of a machine."
Rey considered both answers for a long moment, staring unblinkingly at the ground. Then she pointed to the screen, "She's the real one."
To the young Northerner's horror, the real Layla collapsed unconscious onto the desk just then. And shortly thereafter, so did Nemesis.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:23 pm
They were cut down right before his eyes by darkness, every one of his friends. They thrashed and fought, but eventually the bursts of blackness swallowed their bodies and yanked them apart by the fibers of their being. The shapeless beast loomed behind Devon as he was faced away, its orb the only source of light until that, too, vanished as another burst was sent forward like a thick fluid. The very air seemed to ignite as the blackness proceeded forward upon the man. Chris tried with all his might to fight the force which bound him, but alas, he was too late! Devon's cries pierced the night, his flesh being consumed and burnt to nought by the mysterious darkness. The silence which came thereafter was profound and insulting, as the boy stared death in the face. The monster began its walk toward him, and he didn't even care anymore. But just as the dreaded orb began to glow again, strange, inhuman shapes crept out of the sand and surrounded him defensively. He had not the time to study them further before they pounced upon the monster, and a violent explosion overtook everything.
Chris slammed his head into the truck's doorframe as he flinched awake, letting out a pained hiss. The sun's glow was intense through the windshield, and seemed to reflect off the mounds of sand outside. He heard the quiet snoring of the other Westerners in the backseat behind him, but discovered the driver's seat to be empty. Devon wasn't there. He grabbed his gun and gently exited the vehicle.
They were parked amidst a sandy crater, hidden by the high walls on three sides. Chris found a set of faded footprints and followed after them. As he walked, he noticed an odd thing about the sand; mixed in with the usual grains were patches of metal shavings on the surface, as if recently spewed by the pipes of heavy industry. He continued along for a few minutes before tall, dark shapes became visible on the horizon. And returning from the tall mass was Devon, perfectly healthy.
"What're you doing out here? What's over there?" Chris asked.
"I was patrolling while everyone else slept. But I thought I saw movement over the hill, so I went to investigate. There seems to be a bunch of ruins that way — I want to check it out once everyone's awake."

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games