Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:04 pm

@ Kaichiyo:

"That sounds delightful. I've heard good things about the dishes the Himura are able to prepare," Masanori would say to Kaichiyo, turning to ensure the scribe standing beside him was recording her entry. "If I'm correctly informed, isn't your mother, the esteemed Himura Haruka, presenting her best dishes to Emperor Iweko III himself this winter court?"

After the brief discussion, Masanori would return to the matter at hand. "We have two others who intend to fish as part of their craft, and they planned to take out a small vessel out a little ways from shore to better their odds. Will you be joining them? They'll be departing shortly to make their way to the wharf."

A somewhat familiar voice would apparently bounce some ideas off of his peers. "Maybe I should do the fishing thing. But that seems kind of lame; you stand around holding a stick with a string, and pull out a fish. Sounds too easy, but it might be an easy win."

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Masanori would nod. "Just let us know what raw components you may need, and the Crane will happily oblige. We have three others intending to use the forge so you won't be alone. And, of course, we can supply a heimin smith to aid your efforts. It will be a bit short notice, so you have my apologies that we cannot do better."

A somewhat familiar voice would apparently bounce some ideas off of his peers. "I heard a couple people are gonna be smithing things. I should give that a try. It can't be that difficult to hit a piece of metal with a hammer until it's big enough to stab people with, right?"

--------------------

@ Naohiko & Kaichiyo:

"Goodness," Masanori would respond to Naohiko's proclamation. "Making your own paper? I can't say that's a craft I had expected to hear. The Crane have some expert craftsmen so I don't doubt we can get you what you need, but it may take a little while first. I'm ashamed to say we don't have the materials on standby like we do with some of the other crafts. But shortly after everyone gets started, we can get you what you need." He gave a somewhat apologetic smile. "I think you'll have enough time. We have four smiths, a stonecarver, three sculptors, and even a gardener. We did have to decline the Suzume twins on their farming display, however. Even if we did permit weeks, it really isn't the best season to show off that particular set of skills. That said, you should have plenty of time to complete your project."

A somewhat familiar voice would apparently bounce some ideas off of his peers. "Maybe I could do an origami thing. That seems really easy, and I saw one guy trying to give out little origami things as gifts earlier. Might be a good way to tap into that market, y'know?"

--------------------

"Attention! May I have everyone's attention?!" Masanori would squeak loudly. As various voices quieted down, Masanori would turn and bow respectfully to Kioko.

"My aides and I have discussed matters, and given the rather large variety of projects, I have decided upon a time limit. To give those with longer works, I have permitted the event to continue no later than the Hour of the Rat!" Kioko would announce, her voice carrying an air of authority. "Projects do not need to be presented simultaneously, so do them at your convenience, and I will do my best to judge them all equally and fairly. Go forth, and show me what you are capable of, my honored guests!" She would gesture outward with her fan, and many would bow to her before some people began to splinter off.

If there's anything you need from the Crane, request it now; otherwise, it will be assumed you will provide it on your own.

A somewhat familiar voice would whine. "But I haven't decided on a project yet!"
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Naohiko would nod appreciatively. "It is what one would expect of the Crane. the Kraken would then wait until the Asahina would have have time for him to inform the Crane of his papermaking needs, including stuff like smocks, presses, colored rags and the like.

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:41 am

"I will require iron and shiro-kashi wood for materials and an outfitted forge to use. I will need most of the day to complete the project. Is it alright if a light meal is brought and left for me for lunch?" Having provided his estimates and desired items. He'd proceed to meet with the other Kraken.

"I wish you all well in your own works. I shall attempt to honor my father's work for this court." He bows lightly to Kaichiyo while speaking, then lowers his voice for her to hear. "Good luck, Hime-sama. Please don't catch a fisherman this time."
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:30 am

The little princess' chest swelled with pride, and she nodded gracefully. "Just so. Mother's skill in cooking is rivaled only by our prodigy, Himura Natsuki, who revolutionized our signature fugu recipe. And that sounds like a great idea~ It'll take me a little bit to gather my supplies, but I'll be along to meet them shortly."

She pursed her lips together to suppress a frown at the random comment, but ignoring it was simply the honorable thing to do, so she moved on, returning to Naohiko and waiting for the announcement to be over before addressing her clansmate. "Hiko-kun... you, um... remember how I didn't think I would need my full fishing equipment here? Yeah... may I borrow your pole?"

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:41 am

Naohiko would nod to his princess. "It's across from my daisho stand." He then vaguely wondered if he should get it himself or should direct a servant to bring it to Kaichiyo.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:25 pm

@ Naohiko:

Request for smocks = granted
Request for presses = granted
Request for colored rags = granted
Request for "and the like" = denied (too vague)

--------------------

@ Gendo:

All your requests are/will be supplied to you.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Huh, small world. There was a Natsuki who was in charge of Kioko and my's meals when we were young too, but... I'm not sure what happened to her, now that I think about it. Oh well," Masanori would say before shrugging and moving on to the next person to see to their needs.

After you receive directions to Naohiko's fishing gear, you will be able to retrieve it without incident.

--------------------

@ Kyouya:

While you hear the Kraken talk amongst themselves, and around the time Kaichiyo leaves in a hurry, you do overhear something between two Mantis talking nearby, a man and a woman.

"Kiyonobu, you're going to be on the same boat as that Kraken girl, or so I hear."

"I... suppose that's likely, Satoko-sama."

"Then I have a simple task for you while you're out there with her. Do what you can to make sure her trip is a 'bust'."

"P-pardon, Satoko-sama? What do you mean?"

"Exactly what it sounds like, Kiyonobu. Her equipment breaks, her catch mysteriously disappears... whatever will make sure she's unable to compete and embarrasses herself. You think you can accomplish that?"

"... I'll see what I can do, Satoko-sama," the man would say before bowing to her, and the two would part ways.

You're doubtful anyone else caught that conversation.

--------------------

CRAFTING COMPETITION

Key Skill: Intelligence/Craft, unless another trait is more appropriate.
Secondary Skill: None, unless something comes up

Due to the unique nature of the competition, it will be done as a 'timed' format. The final score will be measured in "total average raises" added to "difficulty". You will make a roll per hour.

We will use the craft rules (p258 ) as a base, but we will use the converted zeni cost as a matter of hours (1 bu = 10 zeni, 1 koku = 50 zeni), but still use the zeni/bu/koku unit of measure to determine how many hours it takes.

As such, Naohiko's 5 sheets of paper is 1 bu, or "10 zeni". It will take him 2 hours per 5 sheets he makes, and the difficulty is TN 15. The difficulty is the TN divided by 5, so his difficulty is "3". The average raises he makes per roll (so if he only makes 5 sheets, he'll make 2 rolls and the total raises made will be divided by 2) will be added to "3" to determine his final score.

If any rolls are made that fail to meet the TN, then he makes no progress that hour. He'll have to make a 3rd roll, now calculating the raises he made on his two successful rolls as if it took 3 hours instead of 2.

Gendo's weaponmaking can make a showpiece, which will divide the total cost of whatever he makes by 10 but be completely nonfunctional in combat. There will be no punishment if he is asked to turn in what he has, simply calculating as if he counted as 'completed'. It will be most of a weapon, rather than a complete weapon.

Kaichiyo's dual fishing/cooking doesn't have a TN to go by. Instead, she may set her own TN, knowing that she would catch better quality fish and prepare better quality food with a higher TN. Note that if Kaichiyo decides to change her TN once declared for either step, she must begin that step anew. For fishing, it is catching fish until she has enough/the best, and for cooking, it is the entire process of food preparation. If you choose different TMs for each step, the difficulty will be averaged together. The time for fishing will likely be universal with you and the other fishermen, so you'll need to work that out in character. I suspect cooking will take 1-3 hours, depending on how elaborate you intend to make your meal.

Kyouya, you may aid Naohiko via cooperative rolls, but the nature will be for the two of you to work out amongst yourselves. If you two choose for Naohiko to do most of the work, you will choose the method of cooperative rolls where Kyouya's rank in the craft will add to Naohiko's roll each hour (this will likely come from void points). The other method is for Kyouya to have a more involved hand, in which case, Naohiko will grant his rank in Craft to Kyouya for each of her rolls and you will both need to roll vs the TN; your raises will be added together but if one fails, both fail for that hour. without penalty as long as you spend a void point per hour, I guess.

Gendo, your peasant smith has 2 ranks of Craft: Weaponsmithing, and his name is Ryoji. You only have the first option detailed above (adding his ranks to your roll each hour).

Also, you may use one of your raises to decrease the hours needed to complete by 1 per. This will not help your score any (since it will be calculated at the new time length), but if you're manic about completing it, you could rush it.

As a reminder, the total raises you can make are limited by your Void Ring.

Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15)

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15)
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15)
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20)

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo
Tamori Aritomo (Pushing for 1 hours, TN TBD)
Yoritomo Kiyonobu (Pushing for 3 hour, TN TBD)

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15)

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10)

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15)

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15)

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15)

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15)
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15)

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15)
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20)
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25)
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20)
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20)
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15)

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15)

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi)

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10)

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Kyouya would purse her lips, not immediately following Naohiko. She could do nothing and see how the princess fared, but part of her worried just a bit. Especially with how the morning had started for the Kraken.

She would carefully over to Shosuro Kazu, smiling nonchalantly. "Kazu-san," she would whisper. "If you would be so kind. It would do us a great service if you could keep an eye on the Kraken Princess. I have a reason to suspect the Mantis might try to interfere with her activities."

Moving back to Kaichiyo as she was speaking to Naohiko about his fishing pole, she would smile brightly at the Kraken. "Best of luck, Kaichiyo-san!" Her voice lowered a bit, without dropping her smile. "Just be careful of any Mantis you find on the water. They are known to play well when Kraken are nearby."
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:26 pm

Naohiko got the "I am princess, you are a ???" look from Kaichiyo and sighed. "I'll be right back." Naohiko said to anyone who would care and then headed off to retrieve his fishing rod for Kaichiyo. Hopefully, Kyouya was still waiting when he returned.

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:06 pm

@ Fishing:

After the fishing gear is retrieved, you can make it to the wharf without incident.

You would have to look for a little while to assure you aren't there first, but you do see three men, two of which you kind of recognize from seeing them around in the court. A Mantis, and a Dragon.

The third one is new, however. You don't recognize his mon at first. A... tortoise?

"There you are, lass. Come along now, I need a good solid sea breeze against my face again," the Tortoise would say. He was a deeply tanned man with a traditional shaved pate/topknot, and was dressed somewhat casually, but he carrier an air about him that you couldn't place. One of... authority, if you had to place it. "We'll be taking my own personal ship, the Harikein, out a ways into Crane waters. Gonna have to if ye wanna catch anything good, I reckon."

Wasting no time, the man boarded the nearby docked kobune, with the others following after shrugging to one another.

--------------------

@ Smithing:

En route to the forges, a Crane would lead a peasant man to you, introducing him as 'Ryoji'. He looks about 2 years your elder, with short brown hair and long sideburns. He seems genuinely pleased to be here, however, bowing deeply to you.

"Hello, samurai-sama. It is a great honor to be assisting you this day," he would greet you. Without further delay, you would be led to where you'd be spending the rest of the day.

There would be other samurai here from the court working; a Crab, Crane, Unicorn, and Mantis would all be taking up residence here the same time as you. The Crane woman would likewise have an assistant helping her; the Mantis and Crab seem to prefer working alone, and the Unicorn (it was that huge dude from the Shogi tournament) looked like he regretted not thinking of asking for one himself.

--------------------

@ Paper Making:

You go, team!
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 9, 4, 8, 4 Total: 30 (6-60)
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

@Papermaking

Naohiko would put on the smock, gather up the rags and proceed to cut them into appropriate sized strips. He would then place them into the water bucket and add dye to the bucket. "These strips need to be very blue and very wet. Just a bit darker than the Crane blue, so that when it dries it will be the right color. Stir it occasionally and we'll be good to go." When Kyouya informed him of such, he would take the paper pulp and press the water out.

OOC:
Roll for Hour #1
Papermaking 4k3+1 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1
TN: 20
Results: 18

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 10, 4, 2, 1, 4 Total: 25 (7-70)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 am

@Smithing - Jitte Forging

Gendo would nod to the man, securing himself an anvil and forge and procuring the tools he'd require. Retrieving his own hammer, he'd set it on the anvil and start going through the iron provided to obtain the right pieces for the weapon and begin heating them. Ryoji would be ordered to keep the fires hot and watch the metal.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+2 - Hour 1
TN 15: 18
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:04 am

@Papermaking

Kyouya followed suit, donning a smock and pinning the sleeves of her kimono up out of the way. Crane Blue would not do well on her Scorpion Red, after all. It would be an interesting experience for sure, so she simply followed instructions, stirring the bucket occasionally to watch the color of the strips.

"How about this? More, Naohiko-san?" The question would repeat every few minutes until she was finally told it was correct.

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:25 pm

At first, Naohiko viewed Kyouya's questions with some annoyance as "wet and a bit darker than Crane blue" as simple enough as instructions went. It was after the presses were set up that Naohiko realized that due to Kyouya's posture and the construction of her kimono, it allowed him to look down her smock and see more of Kyouya than might be proper. Naohiko started to answer the Scorpion woman more or less automatically. It was when Naohiko almost got a full view that he realized what he was letting happen. "Ye...er no! That's good enough, Kyouya-san! That's good enough. Let me set it up on the presses and I'll get to work on it."

The Kraken took the bucket from Kyouya and then quickly set to putting the pulp on the press as he hoped to hide the blush on his face. Oh Kami. the pulp was giving him a lot of trouble as he pressed down on it. Chances are it would be heavily waterlogged and entirely too thick to use for normal Rokugani paper. However, an idea came to him. "Well, now we've worked the kinks out of these presses, we could leave this set of paper out to dry, have some tea, and then work on a more perfect set for Doji-hime."
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:04 pm

With the cut of her kimono and the smock holding everything close to her body, it was hard for anyone not to see something, but the Scorpion didn't seem to mind. Or even notice, by how carefree she seemed. More devoted to the task of making the paper than anything else.

Inquisitive, the woman simply hovered over Naohiko's shoulder and leaned at his side, keeping a close eye on what he was doing. Maybe in the future she would take up crafting her own paper, after all.

"Oh? Well, that's good that we stop now, Naohiko-san. You look absolutely flushed. Is it truly so hard?"

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games