Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darth Daddicus' Evil Sith Temple!

Back to Guilds

Join us or die! 

Tags: Star Wars, Booty Grab, Aquariums, Games, Prizes 

Reply Darth Daddicus' Evil Sith Temple
Role Play Cantina & Chat - Everyone Welcome Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 823 824 825 826 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:29 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I've never actually encountered rhubarb. Mentally, it sounds like something made up, just to sound country. o.o

well I can tell you it is real and I do not like it....it does not even sound appetizing......

I know...

No? Is it like... Sweet celery? Or what? .-.

I do not know...I just could not get past the first bite...TJ's mom really liked it....so did Big Mama..but like you said they were good country folks....fried chicken, collard greens, black eye peas and corn bread with rhubarb pie......

What did it taste like?

Everybody loves fried chicken... but I'm not fond of collard greens, or most beans. Corn bread can be alright though.

My one grandmother was straight from West Virginia, and the other is sort of almostreligious country folk(?), so I've got a little bit of an idea...

it has been so long ago I do not remember...I just have not had the guts to try it again

TJ is a Georgia boy and so was his family...so yes I know what you are talking about....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:33 pm
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I've never actually encountered rhubarb. Mentally, it sounds like something made up, just to sound country. o.o

well I can tell you it is real and I do not like it....it does not even sound appetizing......

I know...

I do not know...I just could not get past the first bite...TJ's mom really liked it....so did Big Mama..but like you said they were good country folks....fried chicken, collard greens, black eye peas and corn bread with rhubarb pie......

What did it taste like?

Everybody loves fried chicken... but I'm not fond of collard greens, or most beans. Corn bread can be alright though.

My one grandmother was straight from West Virginia, and the other is sort of almostreligious country folk(?), so I've got a little bit of an idea...

it has been so long ago I do not remember...I just have not had the guts to try it again

TJ is a Georgia boy and so was his family...so yes I know what you are talking about....

I think some of my religious grandmother's side extended relatives might be out that way...  

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:36 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I know...

What did it taste like?

I think some of my religious grandmother's side extended relatives might be out that way...

all that is left of my family is me and my older brother...that is why I want to get in the house..there is more there than what he has told us in the past...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:38 pm
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I know...

What did it taste like?

all that is left of my family is me and my older brother...that is why I want to get in the house..there is more there than what he has told us in the past...

Oh, I see...

My family has... fallen apart.

It used to mean something, but there's not really any of it left now...

It's all very complicated.  

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:50 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

What did it taste like?

Oh, I see...

I know what you mean...it is very complicated.....

TJ's family used to have reunions that would have 350+ people there...can you imagine that many people in one family..I know there were more in my family but my father would not talk about them.....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 pm
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

What did it taste like?

Oh, I see...

TJ's family used to have reunions that would have 350+ people there...can you imagine that many people in one family..I know there were more in my family but my father would not talk about them.....

I stopped going to reunions... Trying to pretend I liked going, the racist, bigots, angry backwards selfish bible thumping hicks... >.<  

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:17 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

Oh, I see...

I stopped going to reunions... Trying to pretend I liked going, the racist, bigots, angry backwards selfish bible thumping hicks... >.<

I only went to a few before they kinda stopped having them as much..everyone was pretty friendly...but I was a city girl so it took me some time to get used to the country ways...now I am more country than city...**laughs**  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:19 pm
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

Oh, I see...

I only went to a few before they kinda stopped having them as much..everyone was pretty friendly...but I was a city girl so it took me some time to get used to the country ways...now I am more country than city...**laughs**

I see.

I'm not sure if I fit into both, or neither. @.@  

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:23 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

Oh, I see...

I see.

I could never live in a city again...not after living out in the country...but right now we live in a sub division outside of a city...it was real close to where we both worked at the time and made it easy...but how I would love to have some acres around me.......  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:29 pm
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

Oh, I see...

I see.

I could never live in a city again...not after living out in the country...but right now we live in a sub division outside of a city...it was real close to where we both worked at the time and made it easy...but how I would love to have some acres around me.......

I live in a suburby dead end in south Jersey.

There are city areas nearby, but it's quiet here... Neighbors are very close to us, but to our right in the next yard is a small vegetable field.

At the same time, NJ is the most densely populated state in the country, and at times can be surrounded by miles of just fields and forests in some places.  

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:37 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I see.

There are city areas nearby, but it's quiet here... Neighbors are very close to us, but to our right in the next yard is a small vegetable field.

At the same time, NJ is the most densely populated state in the country, and at times can be surrounded by miles of just fields and forests in some places.

sounds wonderfully nice...ooooh how I miss the wooded area we lived in when we first got married....now the interstate goes over the pond we swam in with our dogs....**cries** it was sooo peaceful and nice....it wasn't heavily wooded but it had a lot of these Florida pine trees and boy how The Duke loved to hunt in the palmetto bushes.....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:38 pm
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I see.

sounds wonderfully nice...ooooh how I miss the wooded area we lived in when we first got married....now the interstate goes over the pond we swam in with our dogs....**cries** it was sooo peaceful and nice....it wasn't heavily wooded but it had a lot of these Florida pine trees and boy how The Duke loved to hunt in the palmetto bushes.....

I see. That's a shame.  

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:42 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I see.

I see. That's a shame.

a lot of good memories there Kay....as well as skinny dipping in the pond...**cries happy tears**  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 pm
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I see.

I see. That's a shame.

a lot of good memories there Kay....as well as skinny dipping in the pond...**cries happy tears**

eek emotion_facepalm  

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

Skyailia

Playful Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:06 pm
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214
Skyailia
Kay9214

I see. That's a shame.

eek emotion_facepalm

we were young, in love...you do crazy things besides there was no one around for miles....we had fun and then that was what was important...to enjoy ourselves and each other...we have been together 42 years now...and as TJ would say we are going to go get married tomorrow....**laughs** that's my TJ...almost lost him in '99..glad I didn't....  
Darth Daddicus' Evil Sith Temple

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 823 824 825 826 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games