Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:15 pm
[Explosion: 11]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 pm
@The First Stand

The Bayushi smiled inwardly at the resolve that the petite actress was showing. Truly, Miya-chan had a stronger understanding of honor than most Lions he encountered. Kojiro sketched a respectful bow to Miya-chan and stated with mock seriousness "It pains me greatly to do this, Shosuro-san, but I must deny you your heart's wish and insure that we survive today."

Kojiro's sword hand lay lightly across the hilt of his katana. He was ready for what was to come.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:26 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

As Denbe tried to get his bearings, he noticed the same thing apparently that Iwao/Sanzo had.

Fire, in the direction of the village. The glow deep beyond the trees couldn't be anything else.

As Kagae asked his question, Iwao/Sanzo would look over from Denbe and respond, "To fight or flee, of course. Surely you sense the battle that is upon us?"

He would turn to look at Denbe, then followed his eyes northward. "I haven't gone to investigate yet; I did not want to leave the four of you unguarded. I hope your allies found adequate cover to hunker down for the night. But unless the magistrate decided to burn down one of her family's own villages, I think Kuemon's been busy."

Doing a quick head count, he would suggest aloud, "I've been training with the Hiruma for the past few months; I can probably safely scout ahead if you wish; however, I don't think the magistrate would enjoy the thought of you letting me out of your sight like that. Plus, time may be of the essence."  
Psychofish rolled 16 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 6, 3, 2, 9, 10, 1, 4, 4, 6, 6, 1, 2, 4, 4 Total: 68 (16-160)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:11 pm
Busy indeed.

Staring grimly at the flames, the Hare clenched and unclenched his fists, before looking around at the group. They'd take a while to get there, and the attack was already beginning. The magistrate could be dead already- and the peasants were certainly already suffering for the conflict.

Iwao was right, there was no time to waste.

"No, you know the land best. Gather everyone together and head in as quickly as you can. If there's any advantage the land can give us, take it. I'll find you all when you catch up."

And with that, the Hare (trusting perhaps falsely that he could cover such a distance more quickly than Iwao or the others) bolted toward the village.

[2 Raises made to arrive sooner.]
[7k4+3 Agility/Athletics(Running): 39 vs TN+10]

Once the Hare had come close enough to actually see the village, he'd duck to what shadows or cover he could find, trying to approach as quickly as his efforts to see before he was seen would allow- hoping the flames in the village would help light up the bandits, and dull their eyes against him in the darkness.

[5k4 Agility/Stealth(Sneaking): 16]
[4k2 Perception/Investigation(Notice): 8]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 7 Total: 16 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:14 pm
[Explosion: 19]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:34 pm
The Scorpion could only watch in amazement as the Hare bushi ran to the village. Kojiro blinked but once and Denbe was gone, leaving a Hare shaped outline of dust where he once was. The Scorpion shook his head and merely stayed by Miyako and would move forward when she did.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:45 pm
"Well, Kami preserve us, we do have innocents to protect." She brought up her shoulders and then started heading towards the village as Denbe/Iwao had thought. If she was going to die, she was not going to be a coward about it all.  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 5, 7, 4 Total: 22 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:53 pm
"I have my suspicions about what we are going to see in a moment, too quiet..." said Kagae following turning his head side to side in hopes of seeing or hearing anything apart from the apparent fire.

"Though if it is Kuemon I withhold the right to say I told you."

(Perception 3k3 + 2 dice for any splosions Results: 11 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

@ Denbe: You make it to the village with great speed! You, of course, announce your incoming presence from all the branches and twigs that snap as you break through the woodline in record time. Though once you reach the village itself, you try to keep a low profile. If anyone's noticed you, though, no one's bothered to point you out to anyone else.

@ Denbe's Perception/Investigation of 8 to spot bandits: You will not see nor hear any obvious banditry with that roll. Though one of the houses seems to be on fire, and people are running around trying to get everyone awake and try to fight the fire before it spreads.

@ Kagae's Perception of 11: You hear some distant panicked voices; though the village is not big, it does appear the action (so-to-speak) is on the northern side, as far away from your campsite as possible. But it doesn't sound like people are getting cut down or anything; rather, it is just a normal kind of panic, if there is such a thing.

@ Kagae, Kojiro, Miyako:

Watching Denbe run off as long as he could until the bushi was out of sight, Iwao/Sanzo then approached you, never taking his hands off his borrowed weapon. "When the three of you are ready, we can move. Do you want me to guide you the same route your Hare companion went, or is a different tact in order?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 pm
@The Alamo

"I think we will want to go the same route. Ujina-san's speed may mean he will be surrounded by the time we get there. It would be best for us to be in a position to help him.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:54 pm
She glanced over at Iwao frowning as she debated Denbe's words. "No, Ujina-san was correct. You know the land better than we. Is there a way to better defend the village other than from the center of it?" Another look at Kojiro. "If we need to, we can help Denbe, but I somehow feel he would rather us worry more about the innocents. That silly rabbit and his trix innocents."  
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 9, 9 Total: 33 (4-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:20 am
Fire in the town- but while there was panic, there didn't seem to be combat or villagers fleeing. Which likely meant if the bandits had started the fire, they were doing it to make a point, not to raze the whole village- yet. Feeling his stealth had probably served him well enough thus far, Denbe would circle partway around the village, just to make sure he didn't run across any new sights, before moving as unobtrusively as he could into the village.

If combat hadn't started yet, his priorities were to locate the magistrate, and then figure out where the bandits were and what they were up to.

[4k2 Perception/Investigation(Notice?): 18 to find the magistrate.]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:35 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

@ Everyone else:

Iwao/Sanzo would shake his head at Miyako's question. "I am not of the Kaiu, nor of the Hida. Battles and Defense are not my strong suit. I've been defending the village in the ways that I'm best suited for: stealth and subterfuge. So the center of the village sounds as reasonable to me as anything."

Unless someone spoke up, Iwao/Sanzo would begin carefully leading you all directly towards the aforementioned location, bow at the ready.

--------------------

@ Denbe:

Unfortunately, this was not a city with alleyways, but an open and spread-out village. If you were going to travel within it, stealth was really not an option sans the use of a cardboard box.

Though, it wouldn't take long to find the magistrate! She was in the center of the village, barking orders at the villagers who were scrambling around like busy ants! "You there, hurry up with forming that bucket line! You, go see if anyone is still asleep. And you! Get back to your duties!" She looks a bit unkempt; moreso than usual, as if she had just been woken up from the first comfortable sleep she's had in days.

She, nor anyone else, has really paid any heed to your arrival, Denbe, though that might change if you were brandishing a weapon.  
Mongooseh rolled 8 10-sided dice: 7, 5, 9, 8, 7, 2, 4, 3 Total: 45 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:59 am
Kagae would hang back as he turned his mind back to the dirt map in hopes to remember any sound tactical positions for such a small force to hold its own. In the trust of his brain that he would think of a better strategy other than wading in heads first before they arrived.

(6k3 battle with 2 dice for splosions and 2 raises called for the optimal strategic positions. Result: 24 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm
The Hare frowned, not seeing any sign of trouble aside from the burning building- the magistrate wasn't even missing or in conflict. She was directing the villagers. It seemed confusing- the Hare's first thought was that the burning building might be a distraction, but from what? If the town was the objective, it would hardly drag all eyes away or make them unsuspecting of assault.

He hurried up to the fire, stopping to offer the magistrate a quick bow.

"Kaiu-sama, I came as soon as I saw the flames. What has happened?"

He was about to feel exceedingly foolish if this was he result of an accident, and the bandits had yet to attack.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games