Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 6, 2, 4, 4 Total: 24 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:46 pm

The Kraken lech nearly jumped into the air. How did he let himself get so tense? The best he could do was to roll with it. " I... misjudged things slightly. There's much water in this pulp that still needs to be released. If you get a firm grasp on the handle and work it just right, that should expunge most of the water and give us usable pulp. Try it if you like." After Kyouya chose to try it or not, Naohiko would continue. "I have tea, but not a tea set. If you would do me the favor of borrowing one from the Crane for me, I would be more than happy to finish up with the presses and set this batch of paper out to dry." If Kyouya agreed, Naohiko would do just that.

OOC:
Papermaking 4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
TN: 15
Results: 14
Glory Sieg rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 5, 1, 1, 3, 5, 4 Total: 22 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:20 pm

"Oh no, well, let's hope it's not ruined," she said, straightening and stretching her arms, mostly untouched by the stains from the dyes.

"So... I just have to work it until I get it all out?" she said, trying for a few moments, before letting him at it. She wasn't going to risk messing up and wasting his effort. "Oh! I can go find a tea set! I'll be right back!"

Walking off, she made her way to the nearest servant, asking them with a low bow if there was a tea set she could borrow for her Kraken friend.

Investigation / Perception 4k2 (3 dice to handle explosions ) : 8

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:04 am

"What a fun coincidence~" she answered cheerily, unfortunately having not been around to hear the Sparrows tell the same tale. She gave nod to the Scorpion's warning as Naohiko went to fetch her supplies, well aware that Satoko was going to try everything she could to be a general dishonorable nuisance. It would have been easier to go off and fish on her own, but now that she knew she couldn't back down from a challenge. Her code simply would not allow it.

Not long after she was marching her way to the docks, head held high. She gave a cheery wave to the gathered crowd and grinned wide to the captain's comments. "I know exactly what you mean. It feel almost wrong to spend so much time away from a ship. Eager to get started~!"
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15)

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15)
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15)
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20)

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo
Tamori Aritomo (Pushing for 1 hours, TN TBD)
Yoritomo Kiyonobu (Pushing for 3 hour, TN 10)

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 1 success 1 raise 1 hour

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), project scrapped

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 1 success 1 raise 1 hour

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 0 successes 0 raises 2 hours

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15)

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), Project scrapped
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)
, 0 successes 0 raises 1 hour

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 1 success, 1 raises, 1+1 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), project scrapped, taking a break

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10), 1 success 3 raises 1 hour, Project Completed

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

--------------------

HOUR 1

@ Fishing:

As Kaichiyo boards the ship with the others, it soon sets sail. Apparently, the Tortoise captain had a few peasant staff on hand to help man the ship, so besides himself and you, the only other samurai were the Mantis and the Dragon.

One thing that might strike Kaichiyo as odd, is that while the Mantis was, somewhat silently, getting his stuff ready as the Harikein put distance between itself and the shore, the Dragon didn't seem to be doing the same. In fact, it appears he didn't even have any fishing gear at all.

"Looks like we're here," the Mantis would say to you as he readied himself near the port side of the kobune, pulling up a stool for himself as he sat and waited for the boat to still completely before casting his line.

The Dragon stood at the bow of the ship, looking out, once again seemingly taking no effort to fish. Maybe he just wanted a boat ride?

--------------------

@ Smithing

"Hai, samurai-sama," Ryoji would say in compliance, the young man working hard to follow the orders given and manage the routine task given so the man he aided didn't have to.

"Rrrgh... these tools... aren't suited for me," the Unicorn would complain, more to himself than anything. And to an extent, he was right. The same hammer you held in your hand looked ridiculously tiny in the giant Unicorn's. He was having very little luck over there, and looked half-tempted to scrap the whole thing and start over, but he must have been nervous about the time so he kept at it. He appeared to be making some light armor, but wasn't getting the metal bands for it quite right.

"Sorry the... hrrg... the Crane's implements aren't suited for your style, Guntomar-san," the woman in blue would say in response. "But you kind... rrrh... of are a special case... rrgh... aren't you?" Her sleeves rolled up, the Crane was a bit more toned than you would expect from one of her clan, as she seemed barely bothered hammering down on some iron of her own. Her aid seemed having trouble keeping the target still, several times almost getting thrown to the floor from the force of it.

"Less talking... more rowing!" the Mantis would shout out in response to the coversation. After a few minutes though, she frustratingly swept the bits she had gathered to the floor, and seemed to decide to start over.

The Crab said nothing. He didn't actually work any forges, but instead seemed to be making a bow. He was currently trying to work the wood so it would be more pliable later.

--------------------

@ Paper Making:

The duo would seem to work doubly hard for a mere hour's work. But despite putting in twice the amount of labor, they didn't seem to be having any luck. It occurs to Naohiko that perhaps the materials they use here in the mainland might differ slightly than what's available on the Colonies. Rokugan was so weird.

Kyouya went to seek out a tea set. The servant she found would, after great embarrassment at her bow towards someone of such lowly station, would inform you that it would be delivered to his location as quickly as possible. She would then very quickly abscond to fulfill that request.

A few minutes would pass, but Kyouya would note that a completely different servant than the one she had first encountered was the one to drop off the tea set. Kyouya, you would note that the tea set was somewhat bland and boring by your tastes; while functioning for its intended purpose, you might even be insulted by the quality of the set presented if a Crane of Kyuden Doji used it to have tea with you.

But when the young man delivers it, he approaches the door with "the tea set Himura-sama requested."

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 1, 8, 7 Total: 31 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Naohiko would examine the tea set and nod, trying to hide his disappointment with the set. The Kraken were a minor clan after all. The Crane didn't need to impress them. At any rate, Naohiko set up the tea set and started the ceremony of making tea. He had Kyouya sit at the appointed place of honor and then set about brewing the tea he got the other day. Given the reaction Ruri gave him when he asked for a half share of this, he hoped it was good.

OOC:
Void/Teaceremony 3k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
TN: 15
Results: 23
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:50 pm

The sour look on Kyouya's face was hidden behind her mask, but the purse of those red lips was hard to miss. She didn't say anything, but took the seat Naohiko pointed her too, idly watching him prepare the tea. When his eyes would return to her - if they ever left- he would notice she had a few sweet rice sticks in her hands.

"Here, Naohiko-san," she said, leaning forward to offer them to him. "We can have these too, no?"

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 3, 3, 8, 9 Total: 30 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:32 pm

The Kraken would shrug at a slow point in the ceremony. "Although the utensils can enhance the ceremony, it's the audience that's more important." He would then continue with the ceremony. As he completed the ritual and set the tea before them, Naohiko smiled as Kyouya proffered the dango to him. "Oh yes. These should really heighten the flavor of the tea." As he took the ones Kyouya offered to him, he would gently stroke her hand. Provided Kyouya didn't do anything .....drastic, Naohiko would begin savoring his tea.

OOC:
Awareness/Temptation
4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
1 raise called to raise a blush with Kyouya.
Results: 12-5= 7
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 4, 6, 3, 10, 2 Total: 31 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:26 pm

@Smithing - Jitte Forging

Gendo didn't speak, instead focusing on the metal. The correct bits for the core and the outer shell. Then hammering and drawing out the prong slowly. Start rough, refine. A good core was the way to go.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+2 - Hour 2 out of 10
TN 15: 17

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Kyouya would smile as her treat was accepted. It was good that someone shared her sweet tooth. Or at least that he agreed they would go well with the tea. The heavens knew that some Crane didn't agree with her. At the lingering touch of hands, she didn't flinch back, a touch of pink at her cheeks as she took her cup of tea to her lips.

"So.... how well do you think we're doing together today?"
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:33 pm

The little Princess gave a longing look at the Dragon as they departed, wanting so much to join him up there, but knowing she had to prepare and keep a close eye on her belongings while the Mantis was about. So instead she got ready as well, making sure she was on the opposite side of the boat as the Mantis and casually calling out to her shipmates, "So have you all discussed how long we'll be out here?"

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Glory Sieg
Kyouya would smile as her treat was accepted. It was good that someone shared her sweet tooth. Or at least that he agreed they would go well with the tea. The heavens knew that some Crane didn't agree with her. At the lingering touch of hands, she didn't flinch back, a touch of pink at her cheeks as she took her cup of tea to her lips.

"So.... how well do you think we're doing together today?"

Naohiko took the time to eat some of the dango and drink a bit of tea to give him a little time to respond. The bushi thought he handled things a little too clumsily and was expecting a slap. It would be best to proceed more carefully. "We seem to be doing splendidly. Our first attempt at papermaking....we can do better." The Kraken exhaled as he was about to reveal a weakness. " I'm afraid that if we want to make something worthwhile, I'll really have to throw everything into papermaking. Please, don't be to upset with me as I tend to ignore anything once I focus upon a task."
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:46 pm

The Scorpion nodded, sipping her tea pensively. At the proclamation at them doing better, Kyouya paused. She hadn't thought they were doing so poorly, but she wasn't the professional here.

"Well then," she said, nibbling at her lip with a thought. "I leave myself entirely in your hands, Naohiko-san. I will do my best to not disappoint you. Eh... or would you rather I not assist you at all?"

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:22 pm

Naohiko took a deep breath and gently set his cup of tea down as his imagination wandered to thoughts of what he could do with Kyouya if she were in his hands...but Naohiko was a strong enough Kraken to force his attention to the task at hand. Thoughts on what punishments the Champion may put upon him helped too. "Oh no, Kyouya-san! You have been helpful and we can see this to the end!"

Naohiko would look down to see if there was any tea left in his cup, but saw that there was none. "Are you ready to get back to work? If we should finish this set, we'd have most of the day free!"
Glory Sieg rolled 12 10-sided dice: 6, 10, 6, 3, 8, 5, 7, 7, 9, 8, 1, 6 Total: 76 (12-120)
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:58 pm

A smile grew on the painted lips of the courtier. She didn't have to go far in her own imagination to recognize the sudden pensive nature of her companion. "Excellent!" she said, lifting the tea pot, rising up on her knees, to lean towards him to refill his cup. The motion was exaggerated and there was naught to inhibit such a wonderful view of her 'technique' towards the young samurai.

"Oh I would hope it wouldn't be over so soon, Naohiko-san," she said, with a smile as she settled back down. "I was looking forward to spending the entire day with you!"

Temptation (Seduction): 8k5 + 10 (4 extra for Kabooms)

33 + 10 = 43

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games