Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 am
Song of Solomon
Chapter 5
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse, I haue gathered my Myrrhe with my spice, I haue eaten my honie combe with my hony, I haue drunke my wine with my milke: eate, O friends, drinke, yea drinke abundantly, O beloued!

2 ¶ I sleepe, but my heart waketh: it is the voyce of my beloued that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my loue, my doue, my vndefiled: for my head is filled with dewe, and my lockes with the drops of the night.

3 I haue put off my coate, how shall I put it on? I haue washed my feete, how shall I defile them?

4 My beloued put in his hand by the hole of the dore, and my bowels were moued for him.

5 I rose vp to open to my beloued, and my hands dropped with myrrhe, and my fingers with sweete smelling myrrhe, vpon the handles of the locke.

6 I opened to my beloued, but my beloued had with drawen himselfe, and was gone: my soule failed when hee spake: I sought him, but I could not find him: I called him, but he gaue me no answere.

7 The watchmen that went about the citie, found me, they smote me, they wounded me, the keepers of the walles tooke away my vaile from me.

8 I charge you, O daughters of Ierusalem, if ye find my beloued, that yee tell him, that I am sicke of loue.

9 ¶ What is thy beloued more then another beloued, O thou fairest among women? what is thy beloued more then another beloued, that thou doest so charge vs?

10 My beloued is white and ruddy, the chiefest among tenne thousand.

11 His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and blacke as a Rauen.

12 His eyes are as the eyes of doues by the riuers of water, washed with milk, and fitly set.

13 His cheekes are as a bed of spices, as sweete flowers: his lippes like lillies, dropping sweete smelling myrrhe.

14 His hands are as gold rings set with the Berill: His belly is as bright iuorie, ouerlayd with Saphires.

15 His legges are as pillars of marble, set vpon sockets of fine gold: his countenance is as Lebanon, excellent as the Cedars.

16 His mouth is most sweete, yea he is altogether louely. This is my beloued, and this is my friend, O daughters of Ierusalem.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 am
Song of Solomon
Chapter 6

1 Whither is thy beloued gone? O thou fairest among women, whither is thy beloued turned aside? that we may seeke him with thee.

2 My beloued is gone downe into his garden, to the beds of spices, to feede in the gardens, and to gather lillies.

3 I am my beloueds, & my beloued is mine: he feedeth among the lillies.

4 ¶ Thou art beautifull, O my loue, as Tirzah, comely as Ierusalem, terrible as an armie with banners.

5 Turne away thine eyes from me, for they haue ouercome me: thy haire is a flocke of goates, that appeare from Gilead.

6 Thy teeth are as a flocke of sheepe which goe vp from the washing, wherof euery one beareth twinnes, and there is not one barren among them.

7 As a piece of a pomegranat are thy temples within thy lockes.

8 There are threescore Queenes, and fourescore concubines, and virgins without number.

9 My doue, my vndefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her: The daughters sawe her, and blessed her; yea the Queenes and the concubins, and they praysed her.

10 ¶ Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, faire as the moone, cleare as the sunne, and terrible as an armie with banners?

11 I went downe into the garden of nuts to see the fruits of the valley, and to see whether the vine flourished, and the pomegranats budded.

12 Or euer I was aware, my soule made me like the chariots of Amminadib.

13 Returne, returne, O Shulamite; returne, returne, that we may looke vpon thee: what will yee see in the Shulamite? as it were the company of two armies.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 am
Song of Solomon
Chapter 7

1 Howe beautifull are thy feete with shooes, O princes daughter! the ioynts of thy thighs are like iewels, the worke of the hands of a cunning workman.

2 Thy nauell is like a round goblet, which wanteth not licour: thy belly is like an heape of wheate, set about with lillies.

3 Thy two breasts are like two yong Roes that are twinnes.

4 Thy necke is as a towre of yuory: thine eyes like the fish pooles in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the towre of Lebanon, which looketh toward Damascus.

5 Thine head vpon thee is like Carmel, and the haire of thine head like purple, the king is held in the galleries.

6 How faire, and how pleasant art thou, O Loue, for delights!

7 This thy stature is like to a palme tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes.

8 I said, I will goe vp to the palme tree, I will take hold of the boughes thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose, like apples.

9 And the roofe of thy mouth like the best wine, for my beloued, that goeth downe sweetely, causing the lippes of those that are asleepe, to speake.

10 ¶ I am my beloueds, and his desire is towards me.

11 Come, my beloued, let vs goe forth into the field: let vs lodge in the villages.

12 Let vs get vp earely to the vineyards, let vs see if the vine flourish, whether the tender grape appeare, and the pomegranates bud forth: there will I giue thee my loues.

13 The mandrakes giue a smell, and at our gates are all maner of pleasant fruits, new and olde, which I haue laid vp for thee, O my beloued.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:17 pm
Song of Solomon
Chapter 8

1 O that thou wert as my brother that sucked the brests of my mother, when I should find thee without, I would kisse thee, yet I should not be despised.

2 I would leade thee, and bring thee into my mothers house, who would instruct me: I would cause thee to drinke of spiced wine, of the iuice of my pomegranate.

3 His left hand should be vnder my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

4 I charge you, O daughters of Ierusalem, that ye stirre not vp, nor awake my loue vntill he please.

5 (Who is this that commeth vp from the wildernesse, leaning vpon her beloued?) I raised thee vp vnder the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth, there she brought thee forth, that bare thee.

6 ¶ Set mee as a seale vpon thine heart, as a seale vpon thine arme: for loue is strong as death, iealousie is cruel as the graue: the coales thereof are coales of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.

7 Many waters cannot quench loue, neither can the floods drowne it: if a man would giue all the substance of his house for loue, it would vtterly be contemned.

8 ¶ We haue a litle sister, and shee hath no breasts: what shall we doe for our sister, in the day when she shall bee spoken for?

9 If she be a wall, we will build vpon her a palace of siluer: and if she bee a dore, we will inclose her with boards of Cedar.

10 I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found fauour.

11 Solomon had a vineyard at Baalhamon, hee let out the vineyard vnto keepers: euery one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of siluer.

12 My vineyard which is mine, is before me: thou (O Solomon) must haue a thousand, and those that keepe the fruit thereof, two hundred.

13 Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken to thy voice: cause me to heare it.

14 ¶ Make haste, my beloued, and be thou like to a Roe, or to a yong Hart vpon the mountaines of spices.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 am
Isaiah
Chapter 1

1 The Uision of Isaiah the sonne of Amoz, which hee sawe concerning Iudah and Ierusalem, in the dayes of Uzziah, Iotham, Ahaz, & Hezekiah kings of Iudah.

2 Heare, O heauens, and giue eare, O earth: for the Lord hath spoken; I haue nourished and brought vp children, and they haue rebelled against me.

3 The oxe knoweth his owner, and the asse his masters cribbe: but Israel doeth not know, my people doeth not consider.

4 Ah sinnefull nation, a people laden with iniquitie, a seede of euill doers, children that are corrupters: they haue forsaken the Lord, they haue prouoked the Holy one of Israel vnto anger, they are gone away backward.

5 ¶ Why should yee be stricken any more? yee will reuolt more and more: the whole head is sicke, and the whole heart faint.

6 From the sole of the foote, euen vnto the head, there is no soundnesse in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they haue not beene closed, neither bound vp, neither mollified with oyntment.

7 Your countrey is desolate, your cities are burnt with fire: your land, strangers deuoure it in your presence, and it is desolate as ouerthrowen by strangers.

8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged citie.

9 Except the Lord of hostes had left vnto vs a very small remnant, we should haue beene as Sodom, and we should haue bene like vnto Gomorrah.

10 ¶ Heare the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom, giue eare vnto the Law of our God, yee people of Gomorrah.

11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices vnto me, sayth the Lord? I am full of the burnt offerings of rammes, and the fat of fedde beasts, and I delight not in the blood of bullockes, or of lambes, or of hee goates.

12 When ye come to appeare before mee, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

13 Bring no more vaine oblations, incense is an abomination vnto me: the new Moones, and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies I cannot away with; it is iniquitie, euen the solemne meeting.

14 Your new Moones, and your appointed Feasts my soule hateth: they are a trouble vnto me, I am weary to beare them.

15 And when ye spread foorth your handes, I will hide mine eyes from you; yea, when yee make many prayers I will not heare: your hands are full of blood.

16 ¶ Wash yee, make you cleane, put away the euill of your doings from before mine eyes, cease to doe euill,

17 Learne to doe well, seeke iudgement, relieue the oppressed, iudge the fatherlesse, plead for the widow.

18 Come now and let vs reason together, saith the Lord: though your sinnes be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimsin, they shall be as wooll.

19 If yee be willing and obedient, yee shall eate the good of the land.

20 But if yee refuse and rebell, yee shalbe deuoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

21 ¶ Howe is the faithfull citie become an harlot? it was full of iudgement, righteousnesse lodged in it; but now murtherers.

22 Thy siluer is become drosse, thy wine mixt with water.

23 Thy princes are rebellious and companions of theeues: euery one loueth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they iudge not the fatherlesse, neither doth the cause of the widowe come vnto them.

24 Therefore, saith the Lord, the Lord of hostes, the mighty one of Israel; Ah, I will ease me of mine aduersaries, and auenge me of mine enemies.

25 ¶ And I will turne my hand vpon thee, and purely purge away thy drosse, and take away all thy tinne.

26 And I will restore thy iudges as at the first, and thy counsellers as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called the citie of righteousnesse, the faithfull citie.

27 Zion shall be redeemed with iudgement, and her conuerts with righteousnesse.

28 ¶ And the destruction of the transgressours and of the sinners shall be together: and they that forsake the Lord shall be consumed.

29 For they shall be ashamed of the okes which yee haue desired, and yee shalbe confounded for the gardens that yee haue chosen.

30 For yee shall be as an oke whose leafe fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water.

31 And the strong shall be as towe, and the maker of it as a sparke, and they shall both burne together, and none shall quench them.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 am
Isaiah
Chapter 2

1 The word that Isaiah, the sonne of Amoz, sawe concerning Iudah and Ierusalem.

2 And it shall come to passe in the last dayes, that the mountaine of the Lords house shall be established in the top of the mountaines, and shall be exalted aboue the hilles; and all nations shall flow vnto it.

3 And many people shall goe & say; Come yee and let vs go vp to the mountaine of the Lord, to the house of the God of Iacob, and he will teach vs of his wayes, and we will walke in his pathes: for out of Zion shall goe forth the lawe, and the word of the Lord from Ierusalem.

4 And hee shall iudge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beate their swords into plow-shares, and their speares into pruning hookes: nation shall not lift vp sword against nation, neither shall they learne warre any more.

5 O house of Iacob, come yee, and let vs walke in the light of the Lord.

6 ¶ Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Iacob; because they be replenished from the East, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselues in the children of strangers.

7 Their land also is full of siluer and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures: their land is also full of horses; neither is there any end of their charets.

8 Their land also is full of idoles: they worship the worke of their owne hands, that which their owne fingers haue made.

9 And the meane man boweth downe, and the great man humbleth himselfe; therefore forgiue them not.

10 ¶ Enter into the rocke, and hide thee in the dust, for feare of the Lord, and for the glory of his Maiestie.

11 The loftie lookes of man shalbe humbled, and the hautines of men shalbe bowed downe: and the Lord alone shalbe exalted in that day.

12 For the day of the Lord of hostes shall bee vpon euery one that is proud and loftie, and vpon euery one that is lifted vp, and he shalbe brought low;

13 And vpon all the Cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted vp; and vpon all the okes of Bashan,

14 And vpon all the high mountaines, and vpon all the hilles that are lifted vp,

15 And vpon euery high tower, and vpon euery fenced wall,

16 And vpon all the ships of Tarshish, and vpon all pleasant pictures.

17 And the loftinesse of man shall be bowed downe, and the hautinesse of men shalbe made low: and the Lord alone shalbe exalted in that day.

18 And the idoles hee shall vtterly abolish.

19 And they shall goe into the holes of the rocks, and into the caues of the earth for feare of the Lord, and for the glory of his Maiestie; when hee ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

20 In that day a man shall cast his idoles of siluer, and his idoles of golde which they made each one for himselfe to worship, to the moules and to the battes:

21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rockes, for feare of the Lord, and for the glorie of his Maiestie; when hee ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

22 Cease ye from man whose breath is in his nostrels: for wherein is hee to be accounted of?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 3

1 For behold, the Lord, the Lord of hostes doeth take away from Ierusalem, and from Iudah, the stay and the staffe, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,

2 The mighty man, and the man of warre; the Iudge and the Prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,

3 The captaine of fiftie, and the honourable man, and the counseller, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent oratour.

4 And I will giue children to bee their Princes, and babes shall rule ouer them.

5 And the people shall be oppressed, euery one by another, and euery one by his neighbour: the childe shall behaue himselfe proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

6 When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruine bee vnder thy hand:

7 In that day shall he sweare, saying, I will not be an healer: for in my house is neither bread nor clothing: make me not a ruler of the people.

8 For Ierusalem is ruined, & Iudah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the Lord, to prouoke the eyes of his glorie.

9 ¶ The shew of their countenance doeth witnesse against them, and they declare their sinne as Sodom, they hide it not: woe vnto their soule, for they haue rewarded euill vnto themselues.

10 Say yee to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eate the fruit of their doings.

11 Woe vnto the wicked, it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his handes shalbe giuen him.

12 ¶ As for my people, children are their oppressours, and women rule ouer them: O my people, they which lead thee, cause thee to erre, and destroy the way of thy paths.

13 The Lord standeth vp to plead, and standeth to iudge the people.

14 The Lord will enter into iudgement with the ancients of his people, and the Princes thereof: for ye haue eaten vp the Uineyard; the spoile of the poore is in your houses.

15 What meane yee that yee beat my people to pieces, and grinde the faces of the poore, saith the Lord God of hosts?

16 ¶ Moreouer the Lord saith; Because the daughters of Zion are hautie, and walke with stretched forth necks, and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they goe, and making a tinkeling with their feet:

17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crowne of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discouer their secret parts.

18 In that day the Lord will take away the brauery of their tinckling ornaments about their feete, and their caules, and their round tyres like the Moone.

19 The chaines, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,

20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legges, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earerings,

21 The rings, and nose-iewels,

22 The changeable sutes of apparell, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pinnes,

23 The glasses, and the fine linnen, and the hoods, and the vailes.

24 And it shall come to passe, that in steade of sweete smell, there shall bee stinke; and in stead of a girdle, a rent; and in stead of well set haire, baldnesse; and in stead of a stomacher, a girding of sackecloth; and burning, in stead of beautie.

25 Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mightie in the warre.

26 And her gates shall lament and mourne; and she being desolate, shall sit vpon the ground.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am
Isaiah
Chapter 4

1 And in that day seuen women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eate our owne bread, & weare our owne apparell: onely let vs be called by thy name, to take away our reproch.

2 In that day shall the Branch of the Lord be beautifull and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shalbe excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

3 And it shall come to passe, that hee that is left in Zion, and hee that remaineth in Ierusalem, shall be called Holy, euen euery one that is written among the liuing in Ierusalem,

4 When the Lord shall haue washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall haue purged the blood of Ierusalem from the middest thereof, by the spirit of iudgement, and by the spirit of burning.

5 And the Lord will create vpon euery dwelling place of mount Zion, and vpon her assemblies a cloude, and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for vpon all the glory shall be a defence.

6 And there shalbe a tabernacle for a shadow in the day time from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a couert from storme and from raine.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 5

1 Now will I sing to my welbeloued, a song of my beloued touching his vineyard: my wellbeloued hath a vineyard in a very fruitfull hill.

2 And hee fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a towre in the middest of it, and also made a winepresse therein: and he looked that it should bring foorth grapes, and it brought foorth wilde grapes.

3 And now, O inhabitants of Ierusalem, and men of Iudah, Iudge, I pray you, betwixt me and my Uineyard.

4 What could haue beene done more to my Uineyard, that I haue not done in it? wherefore when I looked that it should bring foorth grapes, brought it foorth wilde grapes?

5 And now goe to; I will tell you what I will doe to my Uineyard, I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten vp; and breake downe the wall thereof, and it shall be troden downe.

6 And I will lay it waste; it shall not be pruned, nor digged, but there shall come vp briars and thornes: I will also command the cloudes, that they raine no raine vpon it.

7 For the Uineyard of the Lord of hostes is the house of Israel, and the men of Iudah his pleasant plant: and he looked for iudgement, but beholde oppression; for righteousnesse, but behold a crie.

8 ¶ Woe vnto them that ioyne house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth.

9 In mine eares said the Lord of hostes, Of a trueth many houses shall be desolate, euen great and faire without inhabitant.

10 Yea ten acres of vineyard shall yeeld one Bath, and the seed of an Homer shall yeeld an Ephah.

11 ¶ Woe vnto them that rise vp earely in the morning, that they may follow strong drink, that continue vntill night, till wine enflame them.

12 And the harpe and the viole, the tabret and pipe, and wine are in their feasts: but they regard not the worke of the Lord, neither consider the operation of his hands.

13 ¶ Therefore my people are gone into captiuitie, because they haue no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, aud their multitude dried vp with thirst.

14 Therefore hell hath enlarged her selfe, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pompe, and hee that reioyceth, shall descend into it.

15 And the meane man shall bee brought downe, and the mightie man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the loftie shall be humbled.

16 But the Lord of hosts shalbe exalted in iudgement, and God that is holy, shall bee sanctified in righteousnesse.

17 Then shall the lambes feed after their maner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eate.

18 Woe vnto them that draw iniquitie with cords of vanitie, and sinne, as it were with a cart rope:

19 That say, Let him make speede, and hasten his worke, that we may see it: and let the counsell of the holy one of Israel draw nigh and come, that wee may know it.

20 ¶ Woe vnto them that call euill good, and good euill, that put darkenes for light, and light for darkenesse, that put bitter for sweete, and sweete for bitter.

21 Woe vnto them that are wise in their owne eyes, and prudent in their owne sight.

22 Woe vnto them that are mightie to drinke wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drinke.

23 Which iustifie the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousnes of the righteous from him.

24 Therfore as the fire deuoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaffe, so their root shall be rottennes, and their blossome shall goe vp as dust: because they haue cast away the Lawe of the Lord of hosts, and despised the worde of the Holy One of Israel.

25 Therefore is the anger of the Lord kindled against his people, and he hath stretched foorth his hande against them, and hath smitten them: and the hilles did tremble, and their carkeises were torne in the midst of the streets: for all this, his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

26 ¶ And he will lift vp an ensigne to the nations from farre, and wil hisse vnto them from the end of the earth: and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly.

27 None shalbe weary, nor stumble amongst them: none shall slumber nor sleepe, neither shall the girdle of their loynes be loosed, nor the latchet of their shooes be broken.

28 Whose arrowes are sharpe, and all their bowes bent, their horses hoofs shall bee counted like flint, and their wheeles like a whirlewind.

29 Their roaring shalbe like a lyon, they shall roare like yong lions: yea they shal roare and lay hold of the pray, and shall carie it away safe, and none shall deliuer it.

30 And in that day they shall roare against them, like the roaring of the sea: and if one looke vnto the land, behold darkenesse and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heauens therof.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:13 am
Isaiah
Chapter 6

1 In the yeere that King Uzziah died, I saw also the Lord sitting vpon a throne, high and lifted vp, and his traine filled the Temple.

2 Aboue it stood the Seraphims: each one had sixe wings, with twaine he couered his face, and with twaine hee couered his feete, and with twaine hee did flie.

3 And one cryed vnto another, and sayd; Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hostes, the whole earth is full of his glory.

4 And the posts of the doore moued at the voyce of him that cryed, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 ¶ Then sayd I; woe is me; for I am vndone, because I am a man of vncleane lippes, and I dwell in the midst of a people of vncleane lippes: for mine eyes haue seene the king, the Lord of hostes.

6 Then flew one of the Seraphims vnto mee, hauing a liue-cole in his hand, which hee had taken with the tongs from off the altar.

7 And he laide it vpon my mouth, and sayd, Loe, this hath touched thy lippes, and thine iniquitie is taken away, and thy sinne purged.

8 Also I heard the voyce of the Lord, saying; Whom shall I send, and who will goe for vs? Then I saide; Heere am I, send me.

9 ¶ And he sayd, Goe and tell this people; Heare yee indeede, but vnderstand not: and see yee indeed, but perceiue not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their eares heauy, and shut their eyes: lest they see with their eyes, and heare with their eares, and vnderstand with their heart, and conuert and be healed.

11 Then sayd I; Lord, how long? And hee answered, Untill the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be vtterly desolate,

12 And the Lord haue remoued men farre away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

13 ¶ But yet in it shalbe a tenth, and it shall returne, and shall be eaten: as a Teyle tree, and as an Oke whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaues: so the holy seede shall be the substance thereof.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:44 am
Isaiah
Chapter 7

1 And it came to passe in the dayes of Ahaz the sonne of Iotham, the sonne of Uzziah king of Iudah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah, the sonne of Remaliah king of Israel, went vp towards Ierusalem to warre against it, but could not preuaile against it.

2 And it was told the house of Dauid, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim: and his heart was moued, and the heart of his people as the trees of the wood are mooued with the wind.

3 Then sayd the Lord vnto Isaiah; Goe forth now to meete Ahaz, thou, & Shear-iashub thy sonne, at the end of the conduit of the vpper poole in the high way of the fullers field.

4 And say vnto him; Take heede and be quiet: feare not, neither be faint hearted for the two tailes of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the sonne of Remaliah.

5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the sonne of Remaliah haue taken euill counsell against thee, saying;

6 Let vs goe vp against Iudah and vexe it, and let vs make a breach therein for vs, and set a king in the midst of it, euen the sonne of Tabeal.

7 Thus saith the Lord God; It shall not stand, neither shall it come to passe.

8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin, and within threescore and fiue yeeres shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliahs sonne: if yee will not beleeue, surely yee shall not be established.

10 ¶ Moreouer the Lord spake againe vnto Ahaz, saying;

11 Aske thee a signe of the Lord thy God; aske it either in the depth, or in the height aboue.

12 But Ahaz sayd, I will not aske, neither will I tempt the Lord.

13 And he sayd; Heare yee now, O house of Dauid; Is it a small thing for you to wearie men, but will yee wearie my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himselfe shal giue you a signe: Behold, a Uirgine shall conceiue and beare a Sonne, and shall call his name Immanuel.

15 Butter and hony shall he eat, that hee may know to refuse the euill, and choose the good.

16 For before the childe shall know to refuse the euill and choose the good; the land that thou abhorrest, shalbe forsaken of both her kings.

17 ¶ The Lord shall bring vpon thee and vpon thy people, and vpon thy fathers house, dayes that haue not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Iudah; euen the King of Assyria.

18 And it shall come to passe in that day, that the Lord shall hisse for the flie, that is in the vttermost part of the riuers of Egypt, and for the Bee that is in the land of Assyria.

19 And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rockes, and vpon all thornes, and vpon all bushes.

20 In the same day shall the Lord shaue with a rasor that is hired, namely by them beyond the riuer, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the haire of the feet: and it shal also consume the beard.

21 And it shall come to passe in that day, that a man shal nourish a yong cow and two sheepe.

22 And it shall come to passe, for the abundance of milke that they shall giue, he shal eate butter: for butter and hony shall euery one eate, that is left in the land.

23 And it shall come to passe in that day, that euery place shalbe, where there were a thousand Uines at a thousand siluerlings, it shall euen be for briers and thornes.

24 With arrowes and with bowes shall men come thither; because all the land shall become briars and thornes.

25 And on all hilles that shalbe digged with the mattocke, there shall not come thither the feare of briars and thornes: but it shall bee for the sending foorth of oxen, and for the treading of lesser cattell.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:07 am
Isaiah
Chapter 8

1 Moreouer the Lord said vnto mee, Take thee a great roule, and write in it with a mans penne, concerning Maher-shalal-hash-baz.

2 And I tooke vnto mee faithfull witnesses to record, Uriah the Priest, and Zechariah the sonne of Ieberechiah.

3 And I went vnto the Prophetesse, and shee conceiued and bare a sonne, then said the Lord to mee, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz.

4 For before the childe shall haue knowledge to cry, My father and my mother, the riches of Damascus, and the spoile of Samaria shalbe taken away before the king of Assyria.

5 ¶ The Lord spake also vnto me againe, saying,

6 For so much as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that goe softly, and reioyce in Rezin, and Remaliahs sonne:

7 Now therefore behold, the Lord bringeth vp vpon them the waters of the riuer strong and many, euen the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come vp ouer all his channels, and goe ouer all his bankes.

8 And hee shall passe through Iudah, he shall ouerflow and goe ouer, he shall reach euen to the necke; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

9 ¶ Associate your selues, O ye people, and yee shalbe broken in pieces; and giue eare all ye of farre countreys: gird your selues, and ye shalbe broken in pieces; gird your selues, and ye shalbe broken in pieces.

10 Take counsell together, and it shall come to nought: speake the word, and it shall not stand; for God is with vs.

11 ¶ For the Lord spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walke in the way of this people, saying,

12 Say ye not, A confederacie to all them, to whom this people shall say, A confederacie; neither feare yee their feare, nor be afraid.

13 Sanctifie the Lord of hostes himselfe, and let him bee your feare, and let him be your dread.

14 And he shalbe for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rocke of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a ginne, and for a snare to the inhabitants of Ierusalem.

15 And many among them shall stumble and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

16 Binde vp the Testimonie, seale the Law among my disciples.

17 And I wil wait vpon the Lord that hideth his face from the house of Iacob, and I will looke for him.

18 Behold, I, and the children whom the Lord hath giuen me, are for signes, and for wonders in Israel: from the Lord of hostes, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

19 ¶ And when they shall say vnto you; Seeke vnto them that haue familiar spirits, and vnto wizards that peepe and that mutter: should not a people seeke vnto their God? for the liuing, to the dead?

20 To the Law and to the Testimonie: if they speake not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

21 And they shall passe through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to passe, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselues, and curse their King, and their God, and looke vpward.

22 And they shall looke vnto the earth: and behold trouble and darkenesse, dimnesse of anguish; and they shall be driuen to darkenesse.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am
Isaiah
Chapter 9

1 Neuerthelesse the dimnesse shall not be such as was in her vexation; when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun, and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grieuously afflict her by the way of the Sea, beyond Iordan in Galile of the nations.

2 The people that walked in darknesse, haue seene a great light: they that dwel in the land of the shadow of death, vpon them hath the light shined.

3 Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the ioy: they ioy before thee, according to the ioy in haruest, and as men reioyce when they diuide the spoile.

4 For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staffe of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressour, as in the day of Midian.

5 For euery battell of the warriour is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fewell of fire.

6 For vnto vs a child is borne, vnto vs a Sonne is giuen, and the gouernment shalbe vpon his shoulder: and his name shalbe called, Wonderfull, Counseller, The mightie God, The euerlasting Father, The Prince of peace.

7 Of the increase of his gouernment and peace there shall be no end, vpon the throne of Dauid & vpon his kingdome, to order it, and to stablish it with iudgement and with iustice, from henceforth euen for euer: the zeale of the Lord of hostes will performe this.

8 ¶ The Lord sent a word into Iacob, and it hath lighted vpon Israel.

9 And all the people shal know, euen Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutnesse of heart;

10 The brickes are fallen downe, but we will build with hewen stones: the Sycomores are cut downe, but we will change them into Cedars.

11 Therefore the Lord shall set vp the aduersaries of Rezin against him, and ioyne his enemies together.

12 The Syrians before, and the Philistines behinde, and they shall deuoure Israel with open mouth: for all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

13 ¶ For the people turneth not vnto him that smiteth them, neither doe they seeke the Lord of hostes.

14 Therefore the Lord will cut off from Israel head and taile, branch and rush in one day.

15 The ancient and honourable, hee is the head: and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the taile.

16 For the leaders of this people cause them to erre, and they that are ledde of them, are destroyed.

17 Therfore the Lord shall haue no ioy in their yong men, neither shall haue mercy on their fatherlesse & widowes: for euery one is an hypocrite, and an euil doer, and euery mouth speaketh folly: for all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

18 ¶ For wickednes burneth as the fire: it shall deuoure the briers and thornes, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forrest, and they shall mount vp like the lifting vp of smoke.

19 Through the wrath of the Lord of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuell of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.

20 And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry, and he shall eate on the left hand, and they shall not bee satisfied: they shall eate euery man the flesh of his owne arme.

21 Manasseh, Ephraim: and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shalbe against Iudah: for all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 am
Isaiah
Chapter 10

1 Woe vnto them that decree vnrighteous decrees, and that write grieuousnesse which they haue prescribed:

2 To turne aside the needy from iudgement, and to take away the right from the poore of my people, that widdowes may be their pray, and that they may robbe the fatherles.

3 And what wil ye doe in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from farre? To whom wil ye flee for helpe? And where will yee leaue your glory?

4 Without mee they shall bowe downe vnder the prisoners, and they shall fall vnder the slaine: for all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

5 ¶ O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staffe in their hand is mine indignation.

6 I will send him against an hypocriticall nation, and against the people of my wrath will I giue him a charge to take the spoile, and to take the praye, and to tread them downe like the mire of the streets.

7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart thinke so, but it is in his heart to destroy, and cut off nations not a few.

8 For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings?

9 Is not Calno, as Carchemish? Is not Hamath, as Arpad? Is not Samaria, as Damascus?

10 As my hand hath found the kingdomes of the idoles, and whose grauen images did excell them of Ierusalem and of Samaria:

11 Shall I not, as I haue done vnto Samaria and her idoles, so doe to Ierusalem and her idoles?

12 Wherefore it shall come to passe, that when the Lord hath performed his whole worke vpon mount Zion, and on Ierusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high lookes.

13 For hee saith, By the strength of my hand I haue done it, and by my wisedome, for I am prudent: and I haue remooued the bounds of the people, and haue robbed their treasures, and I haue put downe the inhabitants like a valiant man.

14 And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth egges that are left, haue I gathered all the earth, and there was none that moued the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.

15 Shall the axe boast it selfe against him that heweth therewith? Or shal the sawe magnifie it selfe against him that shaketh it? as if the rod should shake it selfe against them that lift it vp, or as if the staffe should lift vp it selfe, as if it were no wood.

16 Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leannesse, and vnder his glory hee shall kindle a burning, like the burning of a fire.

17 And the light of Israel shall bee for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burne and deuoure his thornes and his briers in one day:

18 And shall consume the glory of his forrest, and of his fruitfull field both soule and body: and they shall bee as when a standerd bearer fainteth.

19 And the rest of the trees of his forrest shall be few, that a child may write them.

20 ¶ And it shal come to passe in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Iacob, shall no more againe stay vpon him that smote them: but shall stay vpon the Lord, the Holy One of Israel in trueth.

21 The remnant shall returne, euen the remnant of Iacob, vnto the mightie God.

22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall returne: the consumption decreed shall ouerflow with righteousnesse.

23 For the Lord God of hostes shall make a consumption, euen determined in the middest of all the land.

24 ¶ Therfore thus saith the Lord God of hostes, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraide of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift vp his staffe against thee, after the maner of Egypt.

25 For yet a very litle while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.

26 And the Lord of hostes shall stirre vp a scourge for him, according to the slaughter of Midian at the rocke Oreb: and as his rod was vpon the Sea, so shall he lift it vp after the manner of Egypt.

27 And it shall come to passe in that day, that his burden shalbe taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy necke, and the yoke shalbe destroyed because of the anointing.

28 He is come to Aiath, hee is passed to Migron: at Michmash he hath laid vp his cariages.

29 They are gone ouer the passage: they haue taken vp their lodging at Geba, Ramah is afraid, Gebeah of Saul is fled.

30 Lift vp thy voice, O daughter of Gallim: cause it to bee heard vnto Laish, O poore Anathoth.

31 Madmenah is remooued, the inhabitants of Gebim gather themselues to flee.

32 As yet shall hee remaine at Nob that day: he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Ierusalem.

33 Behold, the Lord, the Lord of hostes shall lop the bough with terrour: and the high ones of stature shal be hewen downe, and the haughtie shalbe humbled.

34 And he shall cut downe the thickets of the forrests with yron, and Lebanon shall fall by a mightie one.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:37 am
Isaiah
Chapter 11

1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stemme of Iesse, and a branch shal grow out of his rootes.

2 And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest vpon him, the spirit of wisedome and vnderstanding, the spirit of counsell and might, the spirit of knowledge, and of the feare of the Lord:

3 And shal make him of quicke vnderstanding in the feare of the Lord, and he shall not iudge after the sight of his eyes, neither reproue after the hearing of his eares.

4 But with righteousnesse shall he iudge the poore, and reprooue with equitie, for the meeke of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rodde of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousnesse shalbe the girdle of his loines, and faithfulnesse the girdle of his reines.

6 The wolfe also shall dwell with the lambe, and the leopard shall lie downe with the kid: and the calfe and the yong lion, and the fatling together, and a litle child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the beare shall feed, their yong ones shall lie downe together: and the lyon shall eate straw like the oxe.

8 And the sucking childe shall play on the hole of the aspe, and the weaned childe shall put his hand on the cockatrice denne.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountaine: for the earth shall bee full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters couer the sea.

10 ¶ And in that day there shall bee a roote of Iesse, which shall stand for an ensigne of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seeke, and his rest shall bee glorious.

11 And it shall come to passe in that day, that the Lord shall set his hande againe the second time, to recouer the remnant of his people which shalbe left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, & from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the ylands of the Sea.

12 And he shall set vp an ensigne for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Iudah, from the foure corners of the earth.

13 The enuie also of Ephraim shal depart, and the aduersaries of Iudah shalbe cut off: Ephraim shall not enuie Iudah, and Iudah shall not vexe Ephraim.

14 But they shall fly vpon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the West, they shall spoile them of the East together: they shall lay their hand vpon Edom and Moab, and the children of Ammon shall obey them.

15 And the Lord shall vtterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea, and with his mighty wind shall hee shake his hand ouer the riuer, and shall smite it in the seuen streames, and make men goe ouer dry-shod.

16 And there shalbe an high way for the remnant of his people, which shalbe left from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that hee came vp out of the land of Egypt.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games