Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:44 pm
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

It'd be discovered that Aden was already in the battlefield, ready and waiting, if second guessing himself just a bit. Maybe he'd been agonizing over which to Pokemon even more than Tristen; he really didn't know too much of what to expect out of him past a glimpse that told multiple volumes in how not to take someone lightly. That, and he did have even more of Blizz's teachings than he did. Coming to the conclusion that he probably wouldn't be totally happy about his team for this battle without just giving it a shot, he'd have a ball ready and waved once he noticed Tristen and others enter.

"Nervous too, huh?" He spoke up. "Don't let it worry you too much. If I'm being honest, I don't think either of are completely confident in our picks. So let's just see how it all shakes out, yeah?"

Espeon_Commander

Sol had been coming down the same hall that led to the battlefield when he saw the few heading there, followed by Aile and... someone else? It took him a few seconds, wondering why he seemed familiar until... "Robert, right? Think I've seen you a few times before Wes and I had to lay even lower than we already were."  
Blizzard120 rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

It'd be discovered that Aden was already in the battlefield, ready and waiting, if second guessing himself just a bit. Maybe he'd been agonizing over which to Pokemon even more than Tristen; he really didn't know too much of what to expect out of him past a glimpse that told multiple volumes in how not to take someone lightly. That, and he did have even more of Blizz's teachings than he did. Coming to the conclusion that he probably wouldn't be totally happy about his team for this battle without just giving it a shot, he'd have a ball ready and waved once he noticed Tristen and others enter.

"Nervous too, huh?" He spoke up. "Don't let it worry you too much. If I'm being honest, I don't think either of are completely confident in our picks. So let's just see how it all shakes out, yeah?"

Tristen would nod. Aden seemed pretty chill about it, perhaps this is going to be a good battle. "Alright you two...as you agreed, one on one format, six Pokemon a piece. You got yourselves somewhat of an audience so give everyone a good show, will you? In the meantime, though..." I said, starting to dig around in one of my pants pocket and pulls out a coin. "Tristen...call it."

"Uh...Tails?" Tristen said. I give the coin a hard flip, sending it a good ways up and backing away to allow it to hit the ground...

(even = Heads, Odd = Tails)

The coin smacked the ground, made a bounce, spun at least a couple of seconds, then finally came to rest. "Heads. Aden, you want to lead off with your first Pokemon or follow up after Tristen?" Tristen didn't expect that, though he could see why. There were distinct advantages of being proactive or reactive depending on what kind of position you had yourself in. He could only wonder what Aden would choose...  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09 pm
Blizzard120
"Uh...Tails?" Tristen said. I give the coin a hard flip, sending it a good ways up and backing away to allow it to hit the ground...

"He's been gone for a few years!" Darts yells, cupping his hands around his mouth as he attempts to correct Tristen's naming faux pas. "That's Aden.... Aaaaaaden!" He picks up a bag of popcorn by his side and tosses a handful of kernels into his mouth, munching furiously. Where did he get that?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:26 pm
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"I-" Aden would look at Darts with a face that suggested he'd been playing poker in his head and got a really bad hand dealt to him, before looking back to Tristen and Blizz and thinking a bit. He was curious to see how he'd react. "You know? I'll start, I think I've got an idea of how to kick things off. Nidoking, you're up!"

If his call wasn't enough of a punctuation, his Nidoking coming out of the ball he tossed would certainly do the job.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"I-" Aden would look at Darts with a face that suggested he'd been playing poker in his head and got a really bad hand dealt to him, before looking back to Tristen and Blizz and thinking a bit. He was curious to see how he'd react. "You know? I'll start, I think I've got an idea of how to kick things off. Nidoking, you're up!"

If his call wasn't enough of a punctuation, his Nidoking coming out of the ball he tossed would certainly do the job.

Tristen was fine with it either way, taking his position on the other side of the field. Once he did, he watches Aden sends out his Nidoking. A large and rather imposing beast it was. I sat back down on the stands next to Freth and as I watched Tristen contemplate his first move, the doors came open and with heavy steps, Tristen's Dragonite came in and sat down on the stands close by, its large demeanor making the stands creak from its weight. "Oh hey Dragonite." I said. Then...the dawning moment of comprehension of what the hell I just said. "WAIT! Dragonite!?" Freth leaned over around me to see the dragon Pokemon sitting there wanting to spectate as well.

"Arro." It said with a rather jovial wave.

"Uh...Dragonite, what are you doing here?"

"Arrrro."

"Well, yea, watching the battle. Duh. But aren't you going to be...uh...somewhere...you know, in a Pokeball, ready to be called for battle? You know...over there?"

"Arrrroorrrororo."

"......" I looked back towards Freth. "Did you just hear that?"

"Apparently Tristen took that 'crutch' thing to heart. Probably testing to see how well he does without Dragonite."

"Of all the times to do it..." I said, looking back toward the battlefield.

During the whole exchange on the stands, Tristen was trying to consider all avenues with what he had. Aden put that Nidoking out for a reason, though he wasn't sure why. There was something up, he was sure. "Alright, Rampardos! Go!" Tristen called out, tossing out the Pokeball, revealing the ancient hard-headed Pokemon out for battle.

"Baawwwaawa!" The Rampardos roared out. Seeing his opponent across the field, he smashed his head on the ground then roared out once again, basically telling the Nidoking to 'bring it'.

"Rampardos! Zen Headbutt!" Tristen shouted.

"BAWAAA!" The Rampardos charged full speed ahead, in fact, even harder than what one would typically expect.

"Wait a second, doesn't Rampardos have Sheer Force?" Freth asked me.

"I think...it does..."  
Darksol88 generated a random number between 288 and 340 ... 309!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:07 pm
Blizzard120

Aden turned for a second, long enough to notice Dragonite and realize that wasn't part of Tristen's party. An interesting development to be sure, along with overhearing the crutch remark; if he didn't know any better, he was pretty sure that was his usual ace... he gave a bit of a smirk, getting even more of an idea how much this meant to the Manectric hybrid before him and confirming what he was already thinking, not that Rampardos hadn't already made that clear before.

"Counter!"

Don't pull any punches. Nidoking braced himself at once to take the Zen Headbutt, ready for a counterattack in response... unfortunately, the attack would end up hitting a touch harder than Aden could anticipate and Nidoking didn't have the energy left to muster up that counterattack, the sheer force of Rampardos' attack causing a slide before falling backwards. Silent and raising an eyebrow, Aden would recall Nidoking.

"...huh. Not quite how I expected that to play out... alright, may have to go a bit more defensive than I thought," he remarked, mulling his choices and quickly coming up with what he hoped might work better. "Umbreon, come out and use Confuse Ray!"

Almost as soon as he tossed the ball, Umbreon would come out and let out a flash, hoping to disorient Rampardos and give himself some breathing room.

(Rolling for damage; yes, the range does matter.)  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120 rolled 1 100-sided dice: 71 Total: 71 (1-100)

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:18 am
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Aden turned for a second, long enough to notice Dragonite and realize that wasn't part of Tristen's party. An interesting development to be sure, along with overhearing the crutch remark; if he didn't know any better, he was pretty sure that was his usual ace... he gave a bit of a smirk, getting even more of an idea how much this meant to the Manectric hybrid before him and confirming what he was already thinking, not that Rampardos hadn't already made that clear before.

"Counter!"

Don't pull any punches. Nidoking braced himself at once to take the Zen Headbutt, ready for a counterattack in response... unfortunately, the attack would end up hitting a touch harder than Aden could anticipate and Nidoking didn't have the energy left to muster up that counterattack, the sheer force of Rampardos' attack causing a slide before falling backwards. Silent and raising an eyebrow, Aden would recall Nidoking.

"...huh. Not quite how I expected that to play out... alright, may have to go a bit more defensive than I thought," he remarked, mulling his choices and quickly coming up with what he hoped might work better. "Umbreon, come out and use Confuse Ray!"

Almost as soon as he tossed the ball, Umbreon would come out and let out a flash, hoping to disorient Rampardos and give himself some breathing room.

(Rolling for damage; yes, the range does matter.)

Freth, Dragonite, and watched intensively but instantly found ourselves in a unison cringe as we saw the kind of impact Rampardos had on the Nidoking. "Rampardos just steamrolled Nidoking like it was just another day." Freth said.

"Rampardos gives zero care...and here you're supposed to be the brute." I then said, looking towards Dragonite.

"Arrro." It said, a little annoyed in the phrasing.

"Regardless, Aden just found himself already behind instantly. I'm not even sure he expected the unbridaled strength out of Tristen's Rampardos."

"We all didn't." Freth corrected.

Truthfully, neither did Tristen. He practically stared wide-eyed at the overwhelming force Rampardos just let on. The fossil Pokemon smashed his head then screeched to the skies in victory over his overwhelming dominance of the Nidoking. "Rampardos, calm down! That's just one Pokemon! It's too soon to say you win yet!" Tristen told him.

The Rampardos looked back towards Tristen then got ready for the next Pokemon. The two would watch Tristen recall his Nidoking and send out the next Pokemon. An Umbreon. Tristen was pretty familiar with this Pokemon. Rather, all the Eevee evolutions, for that matter. The boy contemplated how his own would evolve; each branch seemed pretty enticing in their own right. The boy would then perk up at Aden's attack call. "Rampardos! Don't-" The flash of dazzling light overwhelmed nearly every last of Rampardos senses. Off-kilter would be a vast understatement. "...look..." Tristen finally finished saying, deadpan now. This...was what he was trying to explain.

"Baaawaaawa..." It said, shaking its head a bit, but even that proved a bit much with Rampardos's skull feeling for some reason a bit heavier than normal.

"Rampardos! There, the Umbreon! Can you use a Rock Slide!?" Tristen tried to command.

"BAWAAA!" The Rampardos frantically unleashed a rain of stones. Sure enough, Rampardos pulls through. Sort of. In its frantic haste to unleash a hell storm, it not only sent stones the way of Umbreon...but stones the way towards the stands as well. Confusion doesn't contribute to restraint, especially with Rampardos's forceful trait is involved.

"INCOMING!" I shouted. Dragonite bailed out, Freth did as well with her Agility. I dove to drag Darts to safety, and to hell with his leg. Better than the rest of him from Rampardos's rampage.

(confusion - 1-33 = Failure)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:05 pm
Blizzard120
"BAWAAA!" The Rampardos frantically unleashed a rain of stones. Sure enough, Rampardos pulls through. Sort of. In its frantic haste to unleash a hell storm, it not only sent stones the way of Umbreon...but stones the way towards the stands as well. Confusion doesn't contribute to restraint, especially with Rampardos's forceful trait is involved.

"INCOMING!" I shouted. Dragonite bailed out, Freth did as well with her Agility. I dove to drag Darts to safety, and to hell with his leg. Better than the rest of him from Rampardos's rampage.

(confusion - 1-33 = Failure)

"You do care!" Darts swoons, in Blizz's arms as he had been unable to dive out of the way of the oncoming rocks himself, one hand to his forehead as he lolls back dramatically in the Articuno hybrid's arms, his crutches left in the stands though they appear less the worse for wear from the rocks bombarding the seats. "My hero...."  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 6!

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:25 pm
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"Umbreon, careful!" Doubting there wouldn't be much to do to dodge the attack's especially erratic nature, Aden focused on what he could to avoid taking a rock himself. Umbreon would attempt to do the same, keeping herself moving in an effort to evade it. However, one of the rocks would manage to land a hit, sending Umbreon tumbling for a bit before she managed to right herself, sliding and managing to stand. It was easy to tell how hard it had hit; another one like that was likely to even send even her defenses crumbling. But Aden had an idea of how to maybe handle that.

"I think I've got it. Umbreon, let's give it a taste of its own strength! Foul Play!"

Her rings giving off a glow and briefly having a good idea of how much energy Rampardos was putting into the attack, Umbreon raced at one of the fallen rocks with all her might, tackling it in an attempt to send it back with the same force as her opponent.

(Dodge/Accuracy check: 1 evades Rock Slide.)  
Blizzard120 rolled 2 100-sided dice: 8, 71 Total: 79 (2-200)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:53 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"Umbreon, careful!" Doubting there wouldn't be much to do to dodge the attack's especially erratic nature, Aden focused on what he could to avoid taking a rock himself. Umbreon would attempt to do the same, keeping herself moving in an effort to evade it. However, one of the rocks would manage to land a hit, sending Umbreon tumbling for a bit before she managed to right herself, sliding and managing to stand. It was easy to tell how hard it had hit; another one like that was likely to even send even her defenses crumbling. But Aden had an idea of how to maybe handle that.

"I think I've got it. Umbreon, let's give it a taste of its own strength! Foul Play!"

Her rings giving off a glow and briefly having a good idea of how much energy Rampardos was putting into the attack, Umbreon raced at one of the fallen rocks with all her might, tackling it in an attempt to send it back with the same force as her opponent.

(Dodge/Accuracy check: 1 evades Rock Slide.)

In the midst of its confusion and haste, Rampardos takes a fierce hit from the likes of Umbreon, taking a considerable amount of damage from the Umbreon and stopping the assault. The bunch of us peered out from around the stands, checking with the utmost caution to make sure there wasn't any more rocks were coming our way, then looked over towards the stands. Generally they were still standing. Unfortunately, sections of it had massive holes put in them where the Rock Slide attack had its way. It was going to need to be replaced. Incidentally, same with Darts's crutches. Figures. ".....you know, in retrospect, I kind of wonder how at times Pokemon battles are a spectator sport." I then looked down towards Darts, staring at him a rather bit deadpan then just dropped him back up on the stands.

Back on the battlefield however, Tristen just realized there was a bit of an issue. Umbreon wasn't typically known for its assault power, but then Dark types had means to mess with their opponent. Worse still, while Rampardos could unleash all levels of chaos, it couldn't take it, codifying the term 'glass cannon'. "Rampardos, are you alright!?"

The Rampardos sat up, its head was still spinning from the confuse ray and whatever the heck that was that just hit it. Tristen glanced over towards the stands seeing everyone trying to find a spot on what remained of the stands and decided that it'd probably be the best idea not to try such an attack again when Rampardos is confused like that. "Rampardos! Can you try an Iron Head!?" Tristen called out.

Rampardos shook his head really hard then had the look of his face as if he just got out of some mushroom samba, asking itself what the heck just happened then managed to get back on his feet. "BAWWWA!" The Rampardos then rushed over, his head getting a metallic sheen, then drives it down to attack the Umbreon.

(confusion cure [1st dice]: odds = failure; if failure [2nd dice], attack fails at 1-33)  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 pm
It's been a couple of days now, and Ulla wasn't lying. She has actually been asleep this entire time now. Leon didn't try to bother her, nor did her Pokemon. Instead he's been checking on his sister here and there. Just to make sure she wasn't afraid when she wakes up. Leon looked at the time as it was about mid-afternoon. He sat down next to his sister as he gently patted her head. "I know you said you might fall asleep for awhile...but I didn't think you'd be serious." He said as he got up and walked out of the room. Lucario was outside fully rested as he bowed slightly. "Don't worry. If she does wake up. I will alert you." Leon merely nodded as he was headed toward the main lobby. "Leon...Ulla has never slept for this long. Is she going to be alright?" Leon didn't really know what to say at the time, he was obviously concerned himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:03 pm
"I'm glad we agree," Keiko said as she and I left the gym, her keeping an arm wrapped around me as we walked together. I didn't respond, trying to wrap my head around our conversation. I understood where she was coming from, it was just the thought of bringing everything together for it that had me feeling a bit overwhelmed.

We got up to the main lobby fairly quickly only to find Leon there. "Hey," I said to him, Keiko and I taking a seat nearby. "Is Ulla okay?" she asked. She didn't seem too worried, but we hadn't heard from either of them in a while.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:22 pm
"She still hasn't woken up." He said not too concerned. But, he could somewhat understand. "After everything that has happened, she deserves the rest. But...isn't this pushing it?" Leon sighed as he just stuffed his hands in his pocket. Regardless, if they were to wake her up. Would it be okay? "It's not like she is in a comatose state. This is just her way of regaining her channeling energy. She used her abilities to heal Keiko, use that swirly thing, bubble, heal everyone, act as a connection point in the beginning. Better than eating souls of the living or something."

Lucario sighed himself as he went back to the room to watch over Ulla. Leon turned to Ter and Keiko. "What about you two? How are you especially Keiko? Have all of your ribs finally?" He asked, as he stared at her rib cage area. He then realized that was a bit awkward as he looked the other way.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:34 pm
"I know it feels like she's been out for a long time, but don't push her. She's done so much for us in the last mission alone, the least we can do for her is to let her wake up on her own," Keiko explained, and I nodded in agreement. "You'd only be impeding her health by waking her now."

Keiko smiled at Lucario, ignoring his awkwardness. "Thanks to Ulla and Doc Owl, my rib bones have been mended and I have the use of both my arms again. I've even been working out recently. After all the emotions I went through in the fight against S-22 and Ein... well, let's just say that's the weakest and most useless I've ever felt, which is saying a lot considering what I went through before joining Snagem. I don't wanna feel that way ever again, so I'm making myself stronger so my hybid moves can be more powerful. I'll eventually have to go back to Bareeno Village and train under the chieftain again, but I've got other things I'm wanting to do first,"

"Speaking of, sometime soon, Keiko and I will be... let's say 'out of commission'. Basically taking some time away from the team to focus on our private life together. We just haven't decided when we're leaving," I added.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:42 pm
Leon was a bit surprised by what Ter had added. Then again, this was a good time to finally relax. After so much war. The team could finally do what they've wanted to do. "I'll probably be doing the same with Ulla. I know she is going to want to go to the Fairy Realm to train again. The sooner she gets stronger, the sooner Magearna could be free from the strong virus her heart is holding." He said with a bit of a smile. "But before that, I want to take her back to the islands. Give her sometime to heal mentally, spend some time with her as family. Let her be a child. Go visit our parents grave. Once she wakes up, I want to talk about it with her see when she would want to go."

The man then thought back about how Ter was saying how they were going to be out of commission. "Will we still be able to contact you two? Even though we would be going our separate ways for now, Ulla would probably keep some sort of contact with you. Probably even sneak away to see you two." He said as he could already imagine that sort of scenario happening.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games