Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:48 pm
How short can the shortest student be? I know Hellma is tiny, but I don't know if the same rules apply to students. Can they be about the size of a gnome? One of the hunters had a gnome disguise to fit in as a student, so I'm assuming that it's still okay to have a student that is only a few feet tall.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:17 pm
two feet is the minimum in areas where the pin locks down student forms ~ outside of those areas it's the same as nat. forms (meaning very few limits beyond a modicum of common sense)

Blade: they're more cloaked an mysterious ~ Red's jumpsuit and cape are a "special" version of their normal uniforms

Halloween does have areas with odd laws, usually the result of petty squabbles between clans or subspecies. There's a small port area where the word "booty" is a fine-able expletive, as is words ending with more than one consecutive R. Citrus minis are abundant in this area, but the mention of scurvy results in an "Code Orange" quarantine and lockdown. The fines for false alarms are quite high.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

xdeathxbyxlovex

Fashionable Genius

10,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:32 pm
I would like help in classifiying my charactar concept. It's based on the folklore of the swan maiden would she be considered an Monster?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:36 pm
I have a couple questions, basically all relating to the creation of a new Reaper subclass called Plagues.

1. Is this a viable subclass for Reapers? They're humanoid, so I assumed yes, and they do use a sort of magic by touching or breathing on a human to infect them with a disease.
2. Is this sort of creature allowed?
3. Since their FEAR is breath/touch based, do they HAVE to have a weapon? I'm assuming yes since it clearly says all reapers have to have a weapon, but I just wanted to clarify it.
4. Is there already something like this creature in canon existence?
5. Would their infecting people by touch/breath could as a natural ability or no? I'm unsure about it because that's what MAKES a Plague what it is, but it also sounds like it would qualify as a natural ability, so I wasn't sure what to put it as and if the Plagues would need a natural ability differing from this one. Clarification, plz.

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions, but that's it for now, I think. >.>...  

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Swan maidens count as shapeshifters ~ so yeah ~ monsters ~

Actually they sound more like a monster ~ or possibly a ghost (more in the elemental spirit way than spirit of the dead way) or even undead.

Reapers are notable for both their weapons and the fact that they cast their magic. Touch-based physical magics are more along the lines of monsters than reapers.

So I'd think you'd be better off moving them toward a different subspecies or changing them to fit the reaper class better. Humanoid forms don't automatically make a class a reaper, plus the school pins force most students into a humanoid form anyways.

The basis of the subspecies: causing most human world plagues is a bit not so much. As it's the human FEAR caused by plagues that would create them within Halloween, plus killing off mass amounts of the human population would be grounds for banishment. Humans produce the FEAR that creates and maintains TiHers, so killing even just a couple is greatly frowned upon.

There are a couple subspecies relating to plagues, Plague Doctors are amongst the undead, and there's also the clans of the Four Horsemen which include both Famine and Conquest aka: Pestilence ~ (which are not very questable ~ but who also have to abide by the "no killing" thing)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:07 pm
xdeathxbyxlovex
I would like help in classifiying my charactar concept. It's based on the folklore of the swan maiden would she be considered an Monster?

Yep! A monster, possibly a variation of Selkie or feathery Skinwalker depending on what sort of spin you place on it.

Adona Benedicta
I have a couple questions, basically all relating to the creation of a new Reaper subclass called Plagues.

1. Is this a viable subclass for Reapers? They're humanoid, so I assumed yes, and they do use a sort of magic by touching or breathing on a human to infect them with a disease.
2. Is this sort of creature allowed?
3. Since their FEAR is breath/touch based, do they HAVE to have a weapon? I'm assuming yes since it clearly says all reapers have to have a weapon, but I just wanted to clarify it.
4. Is there already something like this creature in canon existence?
5. Would their infecting people by touch/breath could as a natural ability or no? I'm unsure about it because that's what MAKES a Plague what it is, but it also sounds like it would qualify as a natural ability, so I wasn't sure what to put it as and if the Plagues would need a natural ability differing from this one. Clarification, plz.

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions, but that's it for now, I think. >.>...

Reapers are, in a sense, the option for players uncomfortable with monsterous/grotesque creatures; they're the "human" option in RPGs. In order to balance them out against the ghosts/demons/monsters/undead, they all have a WEAPON or FAMILIAR, and may only have the ability to shapeshift with a Damn Good Reason. And even then, their shapeshifting is brief and never permanent like a werewolf's. So, yes: if you want your character to be a Reaper, they will NEED a weapon or familiar, no exceptions.

What does a Plague look like? There is a specie similar to what I think you're going for: Meet Malodore, the Plague Doctor. It is an undead, however the specie itself pulls very heavily from Medieval plague doctors.

Any ability that affects another player or NPC is more like a Fear ability than Natural Ability. Natural Abilities are passive things that you can RP; Fears are abilities that can inflict harm on another player or be used defensively, or even heal.

In Halloween, killing humans is a HUGE no-no. You don't needlessly slaughter dairy cows when you live off of the milk they produce! xd The more humans there are, the more there are to be scared -- thus, the more Fear they produce. The actual killing of humans is something that is strictly regulated to the point where one must undergo an intense training program, pass, and then successfully acquire the license that allows for human killing -- and the only time one can start this process is as an experienced third year.

The only purpose harvesting souls is to generate one extra bit of Fear from the human dead, really -- and there's a bigger payoff in the long run if humans left are alive to generate the Fear than be killed off for a small boost.

Overall, I don't see how a Plague Reaper can fit into Halloween as they are? Creating fear from sickness and having an illness that can cause death can create a vast amount of Fear, however as they are it just doesn't seem to work. Perhaps consider reworking the character's subclass into a clan of Reapers who specialize in creating diseases? Keep in mind that if they do this, they might be looked down upon in Halloween, especially if they fail to create antidotes to their creations. Possibly even hunted down and arrested on biological terrorism charges too.

GDI LIZ YOU TYPE LIKE THE WINDDDDD <3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 am
Ooh, ooh, since plague doctors are being discussed, I can also add that - in my head at least! and for Mal's 'clan' of plague doctors - they don't cause plagues, and never did, any more than actual real-world plague doctors caused the Black Death.

In the real world, actual plague doctors often seemed unearthly and inhuman because of their traditional masks and full-body covering (designed to try and avoid catching the plague from those they examined). Real-world plague doctors were considered very valuable to the communities they served, who often paid pretty good stipends to anyone who claimed to be a qualified plague doctor... because of this, a lot of real plague doctors weren't actually trained doctors at all, scarily enough! They also got to do a lot of 'unacceptable' things because of their status and people's fear of the disease, like doing autopsies at a time when there was a heavy stigma about examining cadavers. They came to embody the fear of the Black Death; they didn't cause the disease (even at the time, nobody thought they did), but they were a tangible symbol of it. Over time, they also picked up a few more aspects of fear - things like medical malpractice fears (from the lack of qualification of no few plague doctors), a bit of the wicked 'mad scientist' (from the autopsies, etc.) and so on.

So the actual history above served as my 'myth-base', and voila! Obviously, I'm not the OMFG ARBITER OF ALL PLAGUE DOCTORS EVAH, but~ there's a lot of fun things there, and really in FEAR the threat/symbol is better and more fruitful than the execution... >3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 pm
I have been playing around with a concept for a character that lives as a parasite in a host body (meatpuppet).... he uses it like a fancy, squishy, car. But if a student would have never been to the human world how might he have acquired it? Is there some kind of body-mart in Halloween town XD ? Would freshly buried human bodies turn up in Halloween town graves?

EDIT
Actually, I have solved my own problem by making it a hand-me-down body =P . It both gives him a way to have acquired it and a motivation for going to school (get a passport and get his own body). Although if there were a way for him to have reasonably acquired a fresh-dead body... it would be preferable.

EDIT EDIT
What a prompt response XD . Thank you!

Andraia

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 pm
There's a number of ways to get get spare parts and bodies in Halloween ~ the main one is: dead bodies spawned by FEAR. Not like zombies really, but more like a simple part of the environment. Humans often find corpses scary, even if they haven't been re-animated. In much the same way that Halloween's tress all seem to be spooky and most buildings have a "haunted" look to them, the ground holds dead bodies. Lots of dead bodies. Dead bodies that were never actually amongst the living. There's tons of graveyards, but only a portion of them actually hold dead TiHers. The rest are simply part of Halloween's scenery, lending to the general atmosphere. And bodies. Lots of bodies.

There are body markets that sell them and gravediggers that find and collect sturdy and interesting bodies for such stores. They could almost be considered a type of miner. There are also scavengers who travel to the human world to collect the bodies of the human dead (it's considered a form of recycling) but these are more for novelty and experimentation, as human corpses have a tendency toward decay and sometimes have issues, even within Halloween.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:10 am
Sorry, can you quote me? Thank you!

I don't know if i should post something about the floresctival here... But....

I wanted to reply on this thread, but i can't. It says 'you are not allowed to reply'. Is it locked? Or is it some bugs and glitches?

Thank you, sorry for being... Errr.... Rude? T^T  

- h a b i b a t i -

Codebreaking Nerd

6,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm
poke mattix
I've a question about the ToT badges!

Do we need 8 'different' badges, or can we use say, two badges from the same ToTer to qualify for the minipet/custom raffle?

I'd like to repeat this question and add that I've now gotten two sleuth badges and two usa badges (Er... I like to play their games a lil too much, sorry) Will that count? Because with those two I've got 8!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 pm
Odd question but, are there any creatures we can say who's fur can be used to line a jacket? Like are minipets considered pets are can a few wild ones be used to line a jacket.  

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:06 pm
roses: idk

ice queen/poke: idk

minipet fur can be used to line a jacket, however ~ I would recommend asking the artist/designer of said pet first ~ as certain species hold a sort of personal value for the artists (like say ~ han + joxes ~ or ende + schinks) ~ and they may be uncomfortable with the idea of that particular minipet getting uh...skinned and worn about.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 pm
poke mattix
I've a question about the ToT badges!

Do we need 8 'different' badges, or can we use say, two badges from the same ToTer to qualify for the minipet/custom raffle?

Ice Queen

I'd like to repeat this question and add that I've now gotten two sleuth badges and two usa badges (Er... I like to play their games a lil too much, sorry) Will that count? Because with those two I've got 8!

Unique badges only, please! If you have more than one of the same badge, it will not count unfortunately. Please also check out that thread -- zoo updated the rules earlier~  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

[ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]

Quotable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 am
Hostel and I are going to be RPing a chess game and we where wondering if Halloween chess could be animated like in Wizards chess or if the pieces would just be ordinary chess pieces?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games