Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Denbe:

Denbe, unarmed, would approach the magistrate and try to inquire as to the source of the event. "You! What are you doing here? Hopefully you haven't left that criminal unattended!" She would look to Denbe, pausing only to turn towards the burning building. "No one knows how it happened. By the time anyone realized what was going on, the building was engulfed in flames. There hasn't been any sign of the occupants either, but it's far too dangerous to go in now."

Denbe, give me a Raw Perception Roll vs TN 15.

--------------------

@ Kagae:

1st raise: When reviewing the map in your head, and comparing it to what you've seen, the headman's hut is definitely the tallest and most structurally sound building in the village. One, and only one, samurai could climb up there and use it as a vantage point. With all your heavy armor though, it probably shouldn't be you.

2nd raise: The village itself isn't particularly large. The boundaries are basically woodline beyond the fields, allowing easy access into the village from any side. A central position would allow the group to intervene in any location in relatively short time - though the group could just as well spread yourselves out, and still be in range to assist one or two others if it came down to it.  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 6, 9 Total: 19 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm
"No, he remains with all the others," the Hare said, squinting at the building. No sign of bandits now, anywhere, which might have meant they had not broken camp yet...

Either way, it would be bad for the lot to come marching back into the village with Iwoa leading them, without even any combat to excuse the matter.

"Forgive me, I thought the bandits might have stuck. I will return to them and let them know it is not so."

With another quick bow, unless there was anything to stay the Hare, he would go back the way he had come from- hoping the others would have to follow the same general path, and that he might catch them before they wound up with the magistrate after their wayward Crab's head yet again.

[2k2 Perception: 10 vs TN 15]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:59 pm
Kagae rising to the occasion coughed lightly to get everyone's attention, "Well from what information the dirt map held I can determine this much. As I have mentioned before the village can be approached on all side. Not to be mistaken for that the enemy could try to surround us for a no escape approach. As such if we are to defend the village we must take a central position and set a perimeter with just enough distance between one and the other so assistance can be handed out quickly. Lastly there is a headman's hut which is the tallest point in the village giving a good scouting view and vantage point for an archer but only one can climb up there I suggest denbe-san when we find him. Shall we move onwards? Unless you think my suggestions are cow excrement?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:07 pm
@Heading Back

"Maybe Iwao-san here can do that. It may keep him out of Kaiu-sama's reach. I don't think she'll like the fact I'm letting him use my bow." Kojiro shrugged as he had no real solution to this anyways. "But yes, let's move on "  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 2, 8, 10, 6, 3 Total: 41 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:57 pm
The magistrate didn't stop him- so after a few steps toward the exit, Denbe started to feel more paranoid about the whole thing, and digging his toes in kicked up the dust again- bolting to try and reach the party before they arrived at the village- or better yet, before they came into sight at all.

There was still a building burning for no reason. He had no reason to believe the bandits were lurking about, but practically felt lurking eyes on him, the more questions piled up.

"No sign of the bandits-" he'd pant as soon as he came to the party, slowing to a stop. "No one in the village has seen them, and if they're lurking nearby, they're hidden too well for my eyes. And I'm not sure it would be wise to risk another confrontation with the magistrate if circumstances don't force us to."

[3 Raises to reach the party before they come into the clearing around the village.]
[7k4+3 Agility/Athletics(Running): 34 vs TN+15]

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:59 pm
[Explosion: 15]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:30 pm
Though the Magistrate did not stop Denbe, it wouldn't stop one young man in loose peasant garments from hurrying after him from not far behind.

"Samurai! Samurai, please! My wife, she's still trapped inside! The magistrate won't let anybody inside! Please, you need to save her!"

GM CLARIFICATION: This happens as Denbe is updating you all. The posts happen as stated, in that order.  
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 2, 2, 4 Total: 10 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:23 pm
Denbe was just about to leave as quickly as he was able when the voice stopped him. The Hare turned to look at the man, and went pale as the next few words stopped him.

There were a lot of good reasons to pay mind to his duty just now, and an apparent command of the magistrate to keep everyone away from the building, rather than going back into that hut. The Hare looked back from the town.

"Go help the water line," Denbe commanded.

And, dropping his pack, the Hare turned back to the burning building and charged inside, covering his face with an arm until he was within, trying desperately to locate the woman, by sight or by sound, before the fire could harm either of them further than it might have already.

[4k2 Perception/Investigation(Notice): 6 vs TN]

Edit: Before all of that last half, of course, Denbe rushed back to the village, now also impressed by this peasant's leg speed and perserverence.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 pm
Kojiro looked at Miyako as the Ujina leaped into action to find the peasant woman in the burning house. He saw his first duty to protect the small Scorpion, although if she wasn't here, Kojiro would have joined Denbe in a heartbeat.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm
Kagae would hang back fully suspicious of this activity.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:12 pm
Miyako took everything in and wasn't sure what was all going on. But as Denbe came back, she got to thinking. "Honestly, the smallest of us should probably be the one on top of the headsman's hut." It wouldn't hurt, that it was, somewhat safe...well, if you didn't consider burning in a fire.

"Kojiro-san, Kaiu-san is right. A perimeter with a lookout might be best. But there are so few of us, I'm not sure exactly how to go about it, but I can climb the headsman's hut and be the look out." she smiled up at him "Besides, I promise you'll have no worries hearing my voice if I need you to."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 am
"No, the smallest shouldn't be the one on the headsmen hut. For reasons I shall now explain. Firstly you don't have a bow which leads me to suspect you are not trained in Kyujutsu. Secondly if you think it is safer up there it isn't all you'd be is an open target for archers. Thirdly I suggested Denbe-san because Kojiro-san is the more obvious choice due to rumors on how well he did in the kyujutsu competition but he is acting as your yojimbo. So lastly Denbe-san has been willing to be our scout so far and I trust his eyes over yours." Explained Kagae glaring at Miyako, "As a side note if you insist please do risk breaking your neck climbing a building."

Kagae would walk off to a safe distance from the burning house in case Denbe would need rescuing visibly aggravated.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 8, 8, 3, 5, 5, 3 Total: 46 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 pm
Kojiro wrinkles his nose at this. He would prefer that Miya-chan be somewhere nice and safe...or out of bandit's reach, but it did make sense. He was excellent with his yumi....but in order to give Iwao something to fight with, he might have to give up his daito and he did not want to do that. He had half of an idea....and he knew how honorable it was, but if this wasn't a bad situation. Kojiro would direct his next comments to Tengu-san. "You said you trained with the Hiruma, right? If that training is anything like I've heard it to be, I'm sure that you could go on top of the headman's hut and call look out. No one would probably notice you. Not the villagers nor the bandits, if what I've heard of the Hiruma school is true. Either that or you can probably help out Ujina-san with his task, but Kaiu-sama is likely to notice you, being so close to her."

To Miya, Kojiro would say the following. "I think it's best if we both patrolled along the edges, together. You are not as fatigued as I have been and are likely to catch something that I might miss. Does this sound good to you, Miyako-san?"

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier (5k3 w/3 dice for explosions)
Raises called: 1 to indicate that the sniper job is preferred.
Results: 31  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:23 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Everyone else:

"... yes. I can get up there without difficulty. I should hopefully be able to evade notice, if she's preoccupied." He would pause, then look to Miyako, then back to Kojiro. "If it gets too dangerous, you can head back inside the hut itself, Shosuro-san." With that, he would bow his head slightly, before suddenly darting off towards the village.

True to his word, he fades from view with a 39 on his stealth, after wound penalties. ((Note to self: 7 damage, Grazed +3))

Also, Kojiro, for trying to go back on your promise without the magistrate knowing, lose 1 point of honor. Iwao/Sanzo technically suffers the same penalty, if that makes you feel any better.

--------------------

@ Outside the Hut / Kagae:

Denbe runs back with the peasant trying to - wait, Denbe doesn't have Fleet? Yeah, the peasant has no problem keeping up with the Hare. I could have sworn Denbe had Fleet...

Kagae kind of saunters onto the scene behind him, as Machiko has moved to a new area to supervise the peasants.

Without the slightest hesitation, Denbe BURSTS into the burning hut in a desperate attempt to save anyone. The peasant waits beside Kagae, leaning against another hut. He turns and asks him, "Do you think he'll be alright, samurai-sama?"

--------------------

@ Out on Patrol / Kojiro and Miyako:

The two of you begin to sweep along the perimeter of the village, which isn't too terribly large. For the moment, you don't see anything, though the fire is somewhat distracting. Give me Perception/Investigation (Notice) checks, you two!

--------------------

@ To the Rescue / Denbe:

Denbe, THE HUT'S ON FIRE! It's very hard to focus, and you're likely trying to shield your eyes with your arm from the brightness and the heat. Though, it doesn't take much effort to hear a woman's voice, calling from a back room. "Help! Help me, please! By the kami, why? Why?!" She sounds distressed!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 4, 10 Total: 24 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:31 pm
OOC Perception/Investigation roll. 1 void point spent.
4k3 after penalties. No explosions.
Results: 22  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games