Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 pm
This is the final version. Ended up completely redoing the hair from scratch, but I think it was worth the effort. Rather than just making the line art lighter, I eliminated it in places and made subtle changes and improvements all around. As well as got rid of some mistakes that I was too lazy to fix when I first colored this.

User Image

I just hope this doesn't become my style. s**t's hard to make look nice. gonk
Though if I do it right the first time, without having to go back and edit and recolor stuff, it probably doesn't take any longer than my usual start to finish. All things considered my art is slowly starting to move in the direction of the type that actually impresses me. That might just be the narcissism talking.

I've edited this so much now lulz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm
Ooooh! The hair looks very lovely. biggrin  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 pm
Oooh! I heart this version! 4laugh Thanks, Kai! *glomps Kai emotion_hug then copies revised pic to her desktop* 4laugh

Hey! scream This is MY post! Stupid Fae doesn't even realize which account she's using. stare ... By the way, good job, Kai. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:25 pm
Looking amazing ~ heart  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 am
It was a good test for line less hair. Didn't even know I could do that, but as long as I plan the layering properly I don't really need lines. Now I'm satisfied.

Messing around post production. Want some bananas?

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am
Ah, the realization that when you put your character into an artist's hands, they can do any number of things to you emotion_kirakira  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:32 pm
I love bananas! emotion_awesome As long as they're mostly yellow with a touch of green on the ends. 4laugh Ripe and overripe bananas with those awful brown spots just don't work for me ... unless they're used in banana walnut breads, of course. 3nodding

The yellow banana in the pic is still edible, but just a tad too overripe for my tastes ... which would explain why to me it looks like Faerie is saying "Here! Have a banana!" while trying to hand it off to someone else to eat. xd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 am
Blasphemy! The yellow ones and the ones with the brown spots are ideal. Ones that are still green to any degree are nasty.

My father in law only eats green bananas emotion_puke

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 pm
After my current commission I've been planning on drawing a scene for my blue monkey, but after that... I like the way my winter give away went. Once I get some personal projects out of the way I'll start another one in March or so. I have a couple themes rattling around in my head, but the one I like most so far is something for punk rock fashion. Always wanted to do something in that category, but nobody has ever commissioned me to do it so I'll just do it for my own entertainment. Once I get closer to being able to start it and thought more on the details, I'll probably make an announcement and give a deadline for entries.

I prefer my bananas not green anymore, but just before the brown spots really start coming in. 3nodding

And apple bananas > regular bananas. True story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 pm
I can't stand green, under-ripe bananas either. xp Not only do they not taste right, their texture is hard and they leave this nasty film in your mouth. emotion_puke When they've ripened to an almost solid yellow, they're of a mild sweetness and the texture is near perfect, for my liking at least. When the brown spots start appearing, they're becoming sweeter and softer. The over-ripe bananas that are all brown are quite sweet and very soft, which makes them perfect for sweet breads.  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 am
User Image

And the process starts all over again. I feel like my regular style is starting to be a bit loli-ish in the way my faces are drawn.

This commission is from the same person that drew my sig. It's all very lulzy. Now it's just turned into an art trade since the gold I gave her is coming back to me.
dramallama  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 pm
Why do I hurt myself with odd angles and posing? gonk

User Image

No gonzo boobs for you.  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm
Think of it as challenging yourself, not hurting yourself. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm
Doing more dynamic angles/poses is important for making pieces truly stick out. It's something that a lot of artists *points to self* crying tend not to do enough of.

That aside, I would suggest trimming down how much the back sticks out and maybe try widening the shoulder some. Chances are, at that angle, a lot of the back would be obscured by the arm rather than be visible.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:10 pm
Working out some of my anatomical errors yields interesting results.

User Image  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games