Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:32 am
Louisa Iris

Maybe that's just how it is, I don't meet many people who like both. xD
Yeah, there are those kinds of people as well, that hate for something they love to be compared to heavily to something else just to find that it's not even true, and if they don't LIKE the other thing, it just makes them even more mad.

Yes! I'm actually really excited about it. ; w; I want iiiit!
Ah I see. Ooh.. handling payment, that'd probably scare me, having to make sure I get other people's money where it needs to go. XD
You can't have your cake and eat it too, as they say. Your time isn't exactly yours anymore, but at least you still get to go home and have time to yourself just like normal. ^^; Well, without the schoolwork waiting for you, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 am
Yokies

Maybe that's just how it is, I don't meet many people who like both. xD
Yeah, there are those kinds of people as well, that hate for something they love to be compared to heavily to something else just to find that it's not even true, and if they don't LIKE the other thing, it just makes them even more mad.

Yes! I'm actually really excited about it. ; w; I want iiiit!
Ah I see. Ooh.. handling payment, that'd probably scare me, having to make sure I get other people's money where it needs to go. XD
You can't have your cake and eat it too, as they say. Your time isn't exactly yours anymore, but at least you still get to go home and have time to yourself just like normal. ^^; Well, without the schoolwork waiting for you, actually.

User Image User Image

Well, you can't really blame fanatics. I mean, there are people who are earnest when they say that they do find similarities between two objects and that they like them both. But there are others who simply go along with the flow, sometimes going too far from the flow itself, and just annoy the real fanatics. Take Twilight for example. I do respect other people's opinion in saying that it's a nice book and all. But to go to the whole point saying it's the new Harry Potter was a bit too much. And in the end, it never was along the levels of Harry Potter, which was actually quite sad for Twilight. Had it been left on its own pedestal, it would have been a great success (it starting the craze for the vampire vs werewolves thing). Now, the craze for it has died down, whereas the Harry Potter craze still continues. I'm sorry I ranted, but you get it right?

You're not the only one. I want a Fennekin!! Somehow, I discovered that I'm a sucker for fox looking pokemons razz
      Yes, it could be quite freaky at the start. You have to be really careful since it's real money you're handling and not just some paper. You could put your company's reputation on the line if you make a mistake. But you'll get used to it in the end. I have very supportive officemates, so it's very easy to learn. And a cute one too :3

True, you don't own your time anymore once you start working. But then again, you feel that your work's worth it because you get paid. And even though money can't buy everything, it can still buy you the things you like razz

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 am
Louisa Iris

Yeah, some people just see things as being similar while others don't. I've seen that happen many times. xD I heard that comment as well, about the Twilight books. So many people thought it was quite the insult to the Harry Potter series. I think in terms of the size of the fanbase that could have been true, but if you compare the fans you'll notice that they're quite different. And of course the stories have nothing to do with each other, so it was just a really weird comment to make. But yeah, people still love Harry Potter despite the books ending forever ago and the movies already been finished.

You did like Vulpix and Zorua right? XD I wouldn't be surprised haha. They released more information today, I'm so excited about it.
It's good that your work environment is supportive and nice to you. c: My husband's work place isn't exactly the same. They've been rather tough on him, but there are a couple of people there who treat him nicely.

Yup. Sometimes things are just... worth it if you're getting money for it. Not everything of course but yeah. xD But yeah, being able to get things you like is always the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:44 pm
Yokies

Yeah, some people just see things as being similar while others don't. I've seen that happen many times. xD I heard that comment as well, about the Twilight books. So many people thought it was quite the insult to the Harry Potter series. I think in terms of the size of the fanbase that could have been true, but if you compare the fans you'll notice that they're quite different. And of course the stories have nothing to do with each other, so it was just a really weird comment to make. But yeah, people still love Harry Potter despite the books ending forever ago and the movies already been finished.

You did like Vulpix and Zorua right? XD I wouldn't be surprised haha. They released more information today, I'm so excited about it.
It's good that your work environment is supportive and nice to you. c: My husband's work place isn't exactly the same. They've been rather tough on him, but there are a couple of people there who treat him nicely.

Yup. Sometimes things are just... worth it if you're getting money for it. Not everything of course but yeah. xD But yeah, being able to get things you like is always the best.

User Image User Image

I have to agree on the quantity of the fanbase, it really is big. But yeah, their characteristics are just plain different.
      But that's because Harry Potter is not something that could be easily forgotten. I mean, half of us grew up with Harry Potter. Even those who never really read or watched it, they still hear of it from other people and the media. So in all essence, you did grow with it. And for another, for those who did watch and/or read it, oh my God! It's not something you could easily forget. It's not all about romance, it's about life. Whereas Twilight.... as I've said, it could have been a success in its own genre.
      (I'm sorry, I'm such anti-Twilight crying )

Hell yeah! Vulpix/Ninetales is MY baby emotion_awesome And Zorua was just simply wonderful in Black 2~ That's why I wish I could have one in my Black. That way, my dream team will be complete.
      Oh stop! I'm dying of jealousy already xD
      Well, I'm just lucky to be in such a position. I have heard of stories about workplaces being very discriminatory. And it is a very unpleasant experience to be the butt end of some stupid joke. Makes you want to shove the joke up their noses.

True, coz in some ways, it also brings you happiness.
      You know, sometimes I think that our lives revolve around money from the moment we were born to the the hour that we die. We study to be able to get a job to earn money. We find a job to earn money. Then we earn money so we could make our lives go around. You know what I mean? Sometimes I do wonder when the world was never materialistic... considering that even before, our ancestors do things for money (except at that time, it was in terms of barter).

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 pm
Louisa Iris

That's true. Harry Potter was a big part of everyone's lives growing up even if you didn't watch/read it. It was just.. around. Everywhere, you couldn't get away from it. XD But that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, because it was a really good series and taught a lot to people in the form of life lessons and all of that. I can understand not really liking Twilight, it's not as fulfilling in the slightest, and is definitely not as interesting.

You're baby. XD Haha. I wish I could trade you one, I would if I could!
I really wish you could have a 3DS too. ; w;
That was exactly what my friend had to go through at the McDonald's she worked at. She's white, and the entire staff there was Hispanic, and they all basically looked down on her. She was nothing but nice to them, but they all thought she was a bad person and stuck-up. It was stupid. They even accused her of stealing money and she didn't take a dime.

I've just grown to accept that you really do need money to have happiness. No, you don't have to have thousands to drop on whatever you wish to be happy, but you have to have SOMETHING to be able to live. And if you don't have that, well then, I don't know how you're going to be happy not being able to even survive. It's not weird to believe that money brings happiness, because that's just how the world is. Even before, it was bartering, trade, you needed to know something to get something, or you'd have nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 pm
Yokies

That's true. Harry Potter was a big part of everyone's lives growing up even if you didn't watch/read it. It was just.. around. Everywhere, you couldn't get away from it. XD But that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, because it was a really good series and taught a lot to people in the form of life lessons and all of that. I can understand not really liking Twilight, it's not as fulfilling in the slightest, and is definitely not as interesting.

You're baby. XD Haha. I wish I could trade you one, I would if I could!
I really wish you could have a 3DS too. ; w;
That was exactly what my friend had to go through at the McDonald's she worked at. She's white, and the entire staff there was Hispanic, and they all basically looked down on her. She was nothing but nice to them, but they all thought she was a bad person and stuck-up. It was stupid. They even accused her of stealing money and she didn't take a dime.

I've just grown to accept that you really do need money to have happiness. No, you don't have to have thousands to drop on whatever you wish to be happy, but you have to have SOMETHING to be able to live. And if you don't have that, well then, I don't know how you're going to be happy not being able to even survive. It's not weird to believe that money brings happiness, because that's just how the world is. Even before, it was bartering, trade, you needed to know something to get something, or you'd have nothing.

User Image User Image

Agree! Harry Potter taught us a lot.
      I guess Twilight's more of a time-killer book. Well, it's not something I would prioritize when reading that is sweatdrop

Yep 3nodding If Aggron's yours, then mine's Ninetales emotion_awesome
      You have no idea how much I want to!! But I just discovered that I can't change my router's password format because my computer and other gadgets only read the current password format. So yeah, there goes my chances of trading crying
      One day, I'll have one. I'm starting to save now... it's better late than never!
      That just sucks. I guess the best thing to do in that situation is to just leave. I mean, it will be very hard for them to accept you no matter how hard you try, so it's just best to find a new environment. It's what I do...

That's true. Money is essential, very essential to our survival, no matter what they say about not being too materialistic. Come to think of it, we're all materialistic. It's just the degree of how content we are to what we have that makes us a bit, well, bad. You could never really start, or even get anywhere, without money.
      Even here, gold makes the world go round.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:24 pm
Louisa Iris

Don't worry, you're not the only one. xD I wouldn't either, haha.

Aggrooon. I love that thing so much haha.
That really sucks. :c I wish I could figure out a way to help you out with that, that's ridiculous!
That's true, at least you're starting now, and not like.. a week before it comes out. XD
Yeah, that's why she quit the job. There isn't much point in being in an environment that completely hates you for no reason, so it was best to quit.

People don't like to think they're materialistic though, but that's kind of how it is. I know for a fact I'm pretty materialistic. I'm not okay with living with the bare minimum, I don't like living that way. It's not fulfilling, it's hard and it just sucks.
Goooold. xD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:20 am
Yokies

Don't worry, you're not the only one. xD I wouldn't either, haha.

Aggrooon. I love that thing so much haha.
That really sucks. :c I wish I could figure out a way to help you out with that, that's ridiculous!
That's true, at least you're starting now, and not like.. a week before it comes out. XD
Yeah, that's why she quit the job. There isn't much point in being in an environment that completely hates you for no reason, so it was best to quit.

People don't like to think they're materialistic though, but that's kind of how it is. I know for a fact I'm pretty materialistic. I'm not okay with living with the bare minimum, I don't like living that way. It's not fulfilling, it's hard and it just sucks.
Goooold. xD

User Image User Image

Yeah, you can't help but like Aggron. He really is one tough b***h (if I may use that term). He's so strong! I think he's stronger than Steelix because he's not weak to Water-types. I wouldn't mind having him on my team.
      Although I still doubt I'll be able to afford a 3DS by the time they release the game. So many bills to pay crying
      Seems like the only thing left for you to do is to hate them in return :p

That's true. Maybe because it comes out as an insult to the person if they're described as being materialistic.
      I too admit I am materialistic. Even though it's okay for me to have a simple life, I'm very possessive with what I have. I don't like giving away my things, even if they're in all essence just junk. And I have this habit of wanting to have "the complete set". Like in Gaia items: I like making avis out of just one item.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:09 am
Louisa Iris

Haha it's alright, I don't mind the word. Actually, Aggron is weak to Water, BUT because he is part Rock and not Ground, he gets a 50% boost to his Special-Defense in a Sandstorm, so it can resist Special Water-moves much better than Steelix. Plus Aggron can use Surf and Aqua Tail (by tutor) which is pretty cool. xD And fun fact, though I don't know why anyone would have it on an Aggron, but it can learn Rain Dance, lol. I don't know why they'd do that haha.
I'm sure you'll get there! Even if it's not in time for the release, maybe you can get it through help from the holidays or whatever. Unless you want other things that is. xD My friend said he wanted a 3DS, but he was already going to ask for other things from his parents for Christmas so he said he might wait lol.
My friend tried really hard not to hate them, but she just ended up doing so. She felt like if they could hate her for no reason, the she could hate them for the reasons she had.

Yeah, it's got a mainly bad connotation. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a little materialistic (the kind that people think is bad, not the general materialism we all have), if you like nice things and want nice things you shouldn't feel bad about that.
That's how I feel. My things are my things, I don't give things away nor do I do well with sharing, at least with my physical property. On Gaia have an easier time with that, I can donate and giveaway things on a whim, but that's because on Gaia things are easier to replace. In real life, I just couldn't bring myself to do that. My stuff takes a lot to get, and most of them are gifts nonetheless, I couldn't NOT be possessive, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:57 am
Yokies

Haha it's alright, I don't mind the word. Actually, Aggron is weak to Water, BUT because he is part Rock and not Ground, he gets a 50% boost to his Special-Defense in a Sandstorm, so it can resist Special Water-moves much better than Steelix. Plus Aggron can use Surf and Aqua Tail (by tutor) which is pretty cool. xD And fun fact, though I don't know why anyone would have it on an Aggron, but it can learn Rain Dance, lol. I don't know why they'd do that haha.
I'm sure you'll get there! Even if it's not in time for the release, maybe you can get it through help from the holidays or whatever. Unless you want other things that is. xD My friend said he wanted a 3DS, but he was already going to ask for other things from his parents for Christmas so he said he might wait lol.
My friend tried really hard not to hate them, but she just ended up doing so. She felt like if they could hate her for no reason, the she could hate them for the reasons she had.

Yeah, it's got a mainly bad connotation. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a little materialistic (the kind that people think is bad, not the general materialism we all have), if you like nice things and want nice things you shouldn't feel bad about that.
That's how I feel. My things are my things, I don't give things away nor do I do well with sharing, at least with my physical property. On Gaia have an easier time with that, I can donate and giveaway things on a whim, but that's because on Gaia things are easier to replace. In real life, I just couldn't bring myself to do that. My stuff takes a lot to get, and most of them are gifts nonetheless, I couldn't NOT be possessive, lol.

User Image User Image

Really now? He could learn Rain Dance? That is weird xD Maybe it's in his description? Like Ninetales can learn some ghost attacks because of the legend behind a nine-tailed fox. Yeah, he's not that weak against Water-types. I was really surprised when I played Diamond and the Steel-type trainer's Steelix was weak against my Prinplup. And there I was wasting my time training a weak Rapidash xD
      You know, it was funny because I played Diamond after Unova, and I was just pining for a Volcarona rofl

Yeah, I'll probably place it somewhere down the line on my priority list as well. I've been wanting a new phone and I do think I'll be using whatever saved money I have to buy it. Although I'm still thinking of whether to buy an iPhone or a Samsung... sweatdrop

I guess the bad materialism is when it gets to the extremes. Like always wanting the latest in anything, and only thinking of them. But then again, anything in the excess is bad for anybody.
      Lucky you. Me, I couldn't let go of my things here. Like I know there are some items that I could sell to earn money faster, but the moment I try to sell it... never mind, I'll just Booty Grab. Some of them I don't even use anymore.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:43 am
Louisa Iris

Yup! And it definitely is pretty weird. Well, Aggron is known to restore parts of it's territory if anything were to happen to it. Like if there were a landslide or something that destroyed part of it's area, it'll plant new trees and stuff to restore the area. It'll also beat the crap out of any Pokemon that destroys anything in it's territory too. xD So maybe it knowing Surf and Rain Dance helps water the plants and keep it's area watered if things get too dry. I still haven't to this day trained a Rapidash, I always said I would but damn it never happened. xD
In my opinion I probably liked Sinnoh the least out of all the regions, but I looooved Cyrus, lol.

I wouldn't know which phone is better. I have a Samsung but it's only a 100 dollar phone so it's not really one of the most "expensive" ones out there, considering some can go over 500 dollars. It's obscene. XD

That's very true. Anything overdone can be bad. Even if it's something that's not inherently bad or even if it's good. If you do too much of something it'll eventually have a negative affect on something.
Like what items? o.o That's not the case with me at all. If I know I'm not going to be using something then I get rid of it pretty quickly. I do that so I don't regret it and I can forget about it faster. I always WANT to keep my items, but I know keeping them wont really do much for me if I don't use them, so I sell so I can get other things I'll actually get some use out of.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:00 pm
Yokies

Yup! And it definitely is pretty weird. Well, Aggron is known to restore parts of it's territory if anything were to happen to it. Like if there were a landslide or something that destroyed part of it's area, it'll plant new trees and stuff to restore the area. It'll also beat the crap out of any Pokemon that destroys anything in it's territory too. xD So maybe it knowing Surf and Rain Dance helps water the plants and keep it's area watered if things get too dry. I still haven't to this day trained a Rapidash, I always said I would but damn it never happened. xD
In my opinion I probably liked Sinnoh the least out of all the regions, but I looooved Cyrus, lol.

I wouldn't know which phone is better. I have a Samsung but it's only a 100 dollar phone so it's not really one of the most "expensive" ones out there, considering some can go over 500 dollars. It's obscene. XD

That's very true. Anything overdone can be bad. Even if it's something that's not inherently bad or even if it's good. If you do too much of something it'll eventually have a negative affect on something.
Like what items? o.o That's not the case with me at all. If I know I'm not going to be using something then I get rid of it pretty quickly. I do that so I don't regret it and I can forget about it faster. I always WANT to keep my items, but I know keeping them wont really do much for me if I don't use them, so I sell so I can get other things I'll actually get some use out of.

User Image User Image

That could be true. I mean, how could he plant trees if he can't water them right?
      Well, he's not that special (for me). I still think there are other Fire types out there that are much stronger than them. That's the funny thing about me: I love Fire types, but not all of them. Some of them I find really weak and I don't bother to train them anymore. But Rapidash is really fast, damn fast indeed.

I have a 3GS right now, but it's my sister's old phone. Plus, I want something special that I've personally bought, not given to me second-hand or as a gift, particularly now that I'm working.
      But yeah, the trouble with phones nowadays is that they change so fast. You just bought the latest model and before you know it, it's already an "old" model.

Like my Blue Blossom Comb and Apple Blossom Hairpin. I only used them years ago when I was still unable to buy any of them fancy items. But now, I rarely use them but I just can't let go of them. I know they could be put to a better use by someone else (and I the gold), but I dunno... I just don't want to sell them.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:08 pm
Louisa Iris

Well trees can grow without daily water, but having that definitely helps. xD
Yeah Rapidash is pretty fast, but it's not really that great of a Pokemon. I know many people who really love Rapidash, but yeah. It's not for me. I like Steel and Ice-types, I prefer them. x3

I can understand that. You want to start buying your own property now that you're going to have the money to do so.
Yup. Every few months they come out with a new phone, it's crazy. xD

If I could figure out any way to get you to let go of them I would but I have no advice. xD Maybe you'll figure out avatars for them in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:26 am
Yokies

Well trees can grow without daily water, but having that definitely helps. xD
Yeah Rapidash is pretty fast, but it's not really that great of a Pokemon. I know many people who really love Rapidash, but yeah. It's not for me. I like Steel and Ice-types, I prefer them. x3

I can understand that. You want to start buying your own property now that you're going to have the money to do so.
Yup. Every few months they come out with a new phone, it's crazy. xD

If I could figure out any way to get you to let go of them I would but I have no advice. xD Maybe you'll figure out avatars for them in the future.

User Image User Image

Yep, that's true. Or maybe it uses Surf to clean up its surroundings? xD
      True. It's so... common that it's kind of easy to figure out. You know what I mean? Like there's some Pokemon out there that you just can't predict what their capabilities are, but there are some that with just one look, you'll know how to defeat them. Like Braviary and Sigilyph. I thought at first they would be easy to defeat, but then again....
      Fire and Dragon-types for me xD Although, I'll have to see how these two will fair in Gen VI.

That's why when you buy a phone, you have to be really certain you LOVE that phone... otherwise, you'll just be stuck with regret for the rest of your life. That's why I'm taking this long in deciding which to buy.

Maybe if someone would buy them from me for a very large price, I would sell them, but that's just crazy xD I wouldn't even do that myself. Ah well, maybe one of these days I'll be able to sell them since there are times when I do contemplate selling them razz

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:50 pm
Louisa Iris

That's true, it can flood out all the destruction and start new. xD
They're definitely not easy to beat. It was so scary to go up against it and not realize how tough it was. D:
I think Dragon-types will have to be trained slightly differently to account for Fairy-types. D:

Yeah, and no one likes regret. xD I understand, you have to be completely sure!

If I could take over your body real quick and make you do it and then leave you with no memory of the items then I would. XDD

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games