Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:12 pm
AlphabetFish

Feel free to post after your hubby tonight.

I am going to activate my stone's endurance, move to M22, and drag Revenge's body away to s22.

OR if more plants appear, twin shot, move to M22, stone's endurance, action point, twin shot, drag revenge to S22  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:58 pm
Kowsauni

Gotta ask since it wasn't mentioned in the post but is the nimbly dashing around part it "shifting" while it attacks? If not am I not granted an opportunity attack for it moving round Valac?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:54 am
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

Gotta ask since it wasn't mentioned in the post but is the nimbly dashing around part it "shifting" while it attacks? If not am I not granted an opportunity attack for it moving round Valac?

He is technically moving, but it is part of his attack power and power specifically mentions it does not provoke opportunity attacks.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:15 pm
PupSage
(Ignore extra damage dice, after some google fu I discover a heal check is a standard action)

Kuori fires two shots at the creature and misses yet again. Then she runs forward, grabs Revenge by his collar and braces for impact. (Stone's endurance)
(Action Point)
Kuori Drags Revenge back to prevent his body from suffering further harm and attempts to revive him.
Heal check 13 = fail

I'm afraid that's too many actions for your turn.

Twin shot (standard action)
Moving up to Revenge (move action)
Stone Endurance (minor action)
Grabbing Revenge (standard action)
Dragging Revenge (standard action)
Heal Check (standard action)

You can also only drag Revenge at half your speed.

If you want to move him you could do it like this

Stone Endurance (minor action, does not stack with your other DR)
Move up to Revenge (move action)
Grab Revenged (standard action, no check required for a helpless ally)
Action point!
Drag revenge at half your speed (standard action)  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:11 pm
Kowsauni

You are looking at the rules for dragging an unwilling person.

Adventurers carry a lot of gear. When that quantity becomes extreme, it might be enough to slow you down and otherwise hamper your capabilities. The amount you carry should rarely be an issue, and you don’t need to calculate the weight your character is hauling around unless it’s likely to matter. More often, you’ll need to know how much weight you can push or drag along the ground—are you strong enough to slide the statue covering the trapdoor? This information is contained in your Strength score. Multiply your Strength score by 10. That’s the weight, in pounds, that you can carry around without penalty.

This amount of weight is considered a normal load. Double that number (Strength × 20). That’s the maximum weight you can lift off the ground. If you try to carry that weight, though, you’re slowed. Carrying such a load requires both hands, so you’re not particularly effective while you’re doing so. This amount of weight is considered a heavy load. Five times your normal load (Strength × 50) is the most weight you can push or drag along the ground. You’re slowed if you try to push or drag more weight than you can carry without penalty, and you can’t push or drag such a heavy load over difficult terrain. This amount of weight is referred to as your maximum drag load.

Kuori should be able to do 800lbs at full speed  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:43 pm
PupSage
Kowsauni

You are looking at the rules for dragging an unwilling person.

Adventurers carry a lot of gear. When that quantity becomes extreme, it might be enough to slow you down and otherwise hamper your capabilities. The amount you carry should rarely be an issue, and you don’t need to calculate the weight your character is hauling around unless it’s likely to matter. More often, you’ll need to know how much weight you can push or drag along the ground—are you strong enough to slide the statue covering the trapdoor? This information is contained in your Strength score. Multiply your Strength score by 10. That’s the weight, in pounds, that you can carry around without penalty.

This amount of weight is considered a normal load. Double that number (Strength × 20). That’s the maximum weight you can lift off the ground. If you try to carry that weight, though, you’re slowed. Carrying such a load requires both hands, so you’re not particularly effective while you’re doing so. This amount of weight is considered a heavy load. Five times your normal load (Strength × 50) is the most weight you can push or drag along the ground. You’re slowed if you try to push or drag more weight than you can carry without penalty, and you can’t push or drag such a heavy load over difficult terrain. This amount of weight is referred to as your maximum drag load.

Kuori should be able to do 800lbs at full speed

No she can't.

Quote:
Multiply your Strength score by 10. That’s the weight, in pounds, that you can carry around without penalty.

Quote:
You’re slowed if you try to push or drag more weight than you can carry without penalty,

So Kuori can push and drag 160 lbs at full speed and is slowed at 161-800 lbs unless I'm missing something. (And at least how I'm interpreting those rules it is my first time reading them but it does seem a bit silly being able to non chalantly shove 800lb's about.)

Unfortunately Revenge on his own is too heavy and breeches into the slowed tier by himself then add his equipment especially his full plate.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:31 pm
******** it. Just chalk it up as two attacks, 3 of the 4 miss and the 1 as a hit.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:36 pm
Edit: I was writing this post as Kuori changed her actions so this will just be for future reference when this situation pops up again.

I never even mentioned weight as a factor so I don't know why it was brought up. I am strictly going off the rules as they are described in the compendium.

It is a standard action to grab a creature in combat. There is nothing in the rules that says grabbing works any differently when used on a willing or helpless ally, but obviously I'm not going to make Kuori make a strength vs reflex check to grab Revenge.

And as far as dragging a grabbed target this is directly from the compendium.

Move a Grabbed Target
Action: Standard action.
Strength Check: The creature makes a Strength check opposed by the Fortitude of a target it is grabbing. The check automatically succeeds if the target is a helpless ally of the creature.
Success: The creature can move up to half its speed and pull the target with it. The creature’s movement doesn’t provoke an opportunity attack from the grabbed target, but the movement otherwise provokes opportunity attacks as normal.

So, as the DM, that is how I am ruling it. It takes a standard action to grab a helpless ally and another standard action to move them at half your speed, with no checks required for either action.

Also, if you want to drag the target for more then one round you need to sustain the grab with a minor action each subsequent round after grabbing the target or you will drop the target. Letting go of the target is a free action.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:12 pm
AlphabetFish
((I also propose a short rest. If anyone spends a healing surge during the rest, they get to add +5hp to each surge spent due to Twyla's song of rest.))

Revenge will not argue against a short rest.

Nor argue against any other propositions.

He's too unconscious to be argumentative, tbh.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:53 am
I didn't get home til after 12 hours after I left to go to work for 8 hours. And no, it wasn't overtime, it was volunteer time. stare

Didn't get much of an evening. I'll see if I can manage a quick post when I get home from work tomorrow; otherwise, it'll have to wait until I get back from my FLGS tomorrow evening. Sorry!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:15 pm
Noname 51

Mongooseh

PupSage

Rain Yupa

Sorry posting has been a bit slow. I have family in town and they will be with us until the end of next week so posting will probably remain slow until then.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:39 pm
Quote:
As Kuori cuts open the dragon plant, she realizes it is unlike any other terrestrial creature she had butchered before. However, after some searching, she does find an organ in the creature that matches Lyndon's description. It was quite large and looked to weigh around ten pounds.

User Image

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:40 am
Quote:
As the party neared the gazebo, Revenge seemed on edge (with a 7 on my initiative roll!), but otherwise took no aggressive action, lest he'd incur its wrath.

The doctor has prescribed bleach and for you to kill yourself promptly.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:41 pm
I knew I wouldn't get away mentioning an Gazebo unscathed.

On a side note my relatives leave tomorrow and should be able to get back to normal posting, sorry for making everyone wait.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games