Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 5, 9, 5, 5, 6, 2 Total: 47 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:44 am

Naohiko took the now full cup and drank of it, first giving a quick thanks to Kyouya although he wasn't sure what for at this point... "I'm sure we could spend that time together...unless either of us have duties. I mean also we've got a half an hour left in our break before we start again..." Naohiko stumbled over his words, aware of how lame he was sounding. He took a deep breath and tried to drink another swallow of tea.

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3+5 (Honor) w/ 3 diceto handle explosions
Results: 34
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:59 am

The smile was muted into a half pout as Kyouya filled her own glass again with a bit more tea. "Naohiko-san, what sort of diligence is that?" she replied, her tone teasing. "Eyes on the prize. We will finish making the finest paper the Doji have ever seen, not matter what we have to do or how long we have to be together."

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
Plainsfox rolled 9 10-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 6, 3, 8, 9 Total: 39 (9-90)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:54 am

Naohiko nodded as he tried to clear his head. "Yes. Yes. I'm ready to start when you are. You'll just need to do what I had you do before." WIth that Naohiko drained the last of his tea and then stood up and started the paper making process. "Remember especially what I told you about the dye." As it is said, sometimes focusing on the task may lead one to miss obstacles that significantly slow down one's progress on the task. Naohiko's diligence worked against him here.

OOC:
Intelligence/Craft razz apermaking w/void point spent. 6k4+1 w/ 3 dice rolled to handle explosions
TN: 15+5
Raises called: 1
Results: 16
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:36 am

"Hmm..." Kyouya took a moment to finish her tea before standing up and following her diligent little samurai. "Of course! Time to roll up our sleeves and get to the fun stuff!"

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:45 pm

@ Fishing:

"I've been having meetings with the princess on an' off over the past few weeks, so this is a break in politics. Please, keep me out here as long as you want," the Tortoise would say from behind the wheel. His tone carried a note of pleading mixed with some bemusement, but his face betrayed no actual emotion, as if fixated on piloting the vessel.

"While I'm in no hurry to go back," the Mantis would respond, "It is still winter and I'm cold." He would look over his shoulder at Kaichiyo, before looking up at the captain. "I shouldn't need more than a couple hours to accomplish what I want to do." The Mantis then turned back to face the water and wait for a bite. He looked and dressed like a courtier, but if he had any hidden weapons on him you'll need to get much closer to find them.

"Well, I won't need very long. I just want to catch one then head back. If it's really important to you three, I'll just wait until you're about ready to go back." The Dragon who spoke was dressed somewhat nicely, and he didn't have any more than a wakizashi on him. A courtier, most likely, but a peculiar one at that.

"And you, Himura-san?" the captain would ask Kaichiyo, awaiting her input.
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 2, 1, 2, 9, 7 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:00 am

Kaichiyo gave a good long look at the Dragon, curiosity burning at how he planned to catch a fish with no gear, but she managed to dismiss it... for now... "A few hours sounds fine. Much as I would love to give you that break for as long as possible, I unfortunately still have a whole other half of this challenge to complete."

She gave an apologetic smile and finally cast her line out, letting it sink deep in hopes of something good.

[Fishing 4k3 vs. TN 15 = 23]

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15)

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15)
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15)
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20)

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 1 success 0 raises 1 hour
Tamori Aritomo (Pushing for 1 hours, TN TBD)
Yoritomo Kiyonobu (3 hours'ish, TN 10), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 2 success 0 raises 2 hours

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 2 success 2 raises 2 hours

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), project scrapped

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 2 success 2 raises 2 hours

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 0 successes 0 raises 1 hour

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15), RAGEQUIT
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15)

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 2 success 0 raises 2 hours
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 2 success 0 raises 2 hours
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 1 success 0 raises 2 hours
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 1 success, 0 raises, 1 hour
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)
, 0 successes 0 raises 2 hours

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 1 successes, 1 raises, 2 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), Tea, tea, having some tea~

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 2 hours

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 2 success 0 raises 2 hour

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10), 1 success 3 raises 1 hour, Project Completed

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) Project scrapped

--------------------

Hour 2

@ Fishing:

Kaichiyo would set about trying to catch some fish of her own; as she cast her line into the clear ocean water, she'd have to wait some time before she got any nibbles. The waters of Crane shores were like crystal, and in most places Kaichiyo could see straight down to the floor. It was not unlike the waters of Megumi Tenpi on the clearest, brightest days.

She could see that there were fish here, but they were sparser than what would be ideal. Similar things happen in the Colonies, as fish would migrate to those waters during this time of year and eventually thin out again when it got warmer - though not to this extreme.

Soon, Kaichiyo would get a catch, though it would be a few minnow and a goby. It would be up to her if she kept them or threw them back, but they seem more fit for an appetizer than a meal.

The Mantis would apparently be having similar luck, and was casually releasing them, apparently not keeping any catches for his own sake. If he didn't keep any, he'd have nothing to show for his time out here, so where would he get a worthy enough fish if he let his free without hesitation?

At one point, the Dragon piped up. "Wait! Kasuga-san, please- ah, dammit. Nevermind." The Dragon let out a dejected sigh and apparently maintained watch. It looked like he was searching for another vessel, keeping his eyes peeled on the horizon.

Strange company, these ones.

--------------------

@ Smithing:

While Gendo worked in silence (kind of), most of the other smiths tried to do the same.

The Crab seemed to be making good progress on his bow, now sanding down the wood for it.

The Mantis decided to tackle her project from a different angle, and started focusing on the haft of a polearm instead of going right to the metal pokey bits. She spent most of the hour measuring, sawing, and sanding the end of the wooden piece, where the dangerous end will go.

The Crane does pipe up, however. Nothing insightful, just an "Ahhh... oops." Stepping away from her giant hunk of metal, she started reflecting on how to correct an error she had made upon trying to shape it.

The Unicorn continued to be having difficulty, letting out a low grumble of disappointment. A couple times he looked like he wanted to abort the project, but some pressing tenacity forced him to press on, despite the blunders he's made so far.

For the most part, Gendo's and Ryoji's teamwork were helping them craft the jitte in fairly good speed, and at the rate they were going, Gendo was confident they'd be finished before the night. It was a bit more complicated than a dagger, but they seemed to have a handle on the situation.

--------------------

@ Paper making:

Naohiko would attempt to accentuate the break with tea, breaking out one of the good teas he got back at the scavenger hunt with Ruri. The ceremony went well, despite Naohiko almost dumping his entire very-hot beverage in his lap at one point. I'll let you guys figure out which point that was.

After the break, the two would get back to work. Tapping into his inner void, Naohiko would... would............

Quote:
"Excellent!" she said, lifting the tea pot, rising up on her knees, to lean towards him to refill his cup. The motion was exaggerated and there was naught to inhibit such a wonderful view of her 'technique' towards the young samurai.

... would.......................................

Kyouya, you apparently have lost Naohiko. Like, he's been doing the same motions with the paper over and over for 10 minutes and he no longer is paying attention to you. Naohiko, when you come out of your trance, you seem to have botched another batch.
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 5, 2, 8, 7, 5, 8, 3 Total: 38 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:46 pm

@Smithing - Jitte Forging

Heat, hammer, draw and carefully mold. A steady hand is needed to forge weapons. Soon they'd move to grinding it smooth and polishing. And affixing the old Crane Coin into the end of the pommel.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+2 - Hour 3 out of 10 - One Raise Called for looks.
TN 20: 22

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 9, 2, 4, 1 Total: 29 (6-60)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Dragon continued to be strange, and Mantis continued to be Mantis. All was well in the world. Except the fish, which seemed unusually sparse despite such an amazing roll. With a sad sigh, she keeps the goby in a bucket just in case, planning to release it when she caught something better, and hooked the minnows instead of her normal bait in hopes of catching something bigger.

[Fishing 4k3 vs. TN 15 to catch a fish that can be made into a meal = 22]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:00 am

Projects
Brewing Group:

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 1 success 0 raises 1 hour
Yoritomo Kiyonobu (3 hours'ish, TN 10), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 3 success 0 raises 3 hours

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 3 success 4 raises 3 hours, Project Completed

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), 1 success 1 raise 1 hour

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 3 success 3 raises 3 hours

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 0 successes 0 raises 1 hour

Pottery Group:

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 3 success 1 raises 3 hours
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 3 successes 0 raises 3 hours
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 2 success 0 raises 3 hours
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 1 success, 0 raises, 2 hour
, 0 successes 0 raises 3 hours

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 2 successes, 2-1 raises, 3+1 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 2 success 0 raises 3 hours

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 2 success 0 raises 3 hour

Toy Making Group:

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 1 success 1-1 raises 1+1 hours

--------------------

HOUR 3

@ Fishing, 1/2:

"Captain, I'm not finding the fish I need, do you think you could take the ship out farther from shore?" the Tamori would ask of the Tortoise.

"Aye, I can, if no one minds." The Tortoise would pause, and before speaking before anyone else could pipe up. "Have... you ever been fishing before, Tamori-san? I've noticed you didn't bring any gear on board..."

The Tamori would laugh once, a smile marring his face despite the fact that he continued to look out to sea. "No, no I have not. I figured it would be an interesting challenge. And trust me, all the gear I'll need is already on board." He certainly seemed confident in his proclamation.

"It doesn't bother me any," the Yoritomo would say, reeling in just in case the ship was about to set sail again until they once more came to a rest.

The post will continue after Kaichiyo's response...

--------------------

@ Smithing:

Gendo, the idea of decorating it specifically to appeal to the crane comes to you, and you find some time to make the alteration you desire. Upon looking at it, you find it to your liking, and you suspect to Kioko's favor too.

Setsuna lets out a bark of approval! Yay~

The Crane manages to progress, as does the Crab; however, the Mantis seems to have hit another snag. It was nothing item-ending, but it was taking precious time to resolve it. The Unicorn looked high distressed, as his attempts to alter a piece of Crane armor seemed to be coming up short.

--------------------

@ Paper Making:

You are about to tackle the project again, when you smell smoke.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 1, 3, 6, 10 Total: 36 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Naohiko sighed. The paper was too wet still. Perhaps if they pressed it more thoroughly, it could be salvaged. He began to do just that when his smelled something that was not wet paper, tea, or any perfume Kyouya was wearing. Maybe this is something he better find out about...

OOC:
Perception/Investigation 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions.
Purpose: to determine where the smoke is coming from.
Results: 22
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 5, 10, 4, 9, 8, 7 Total: 46 (7-70)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:11 pm

@Smithing - Jitte Forging

Polishing, final touches, heat treating and dealing with the handle. The longest part of any forging, and the one to most potentially cause something to go awry.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+2 - Hour 4 of 10
TN 15: 34

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:53 pm

"Hm? I suppose I don't mind," she responded, also reeling in her line. "But the good captain does have a point. Do you mean to jump in and wrestle the fish?"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:15 pm

Projects
Brewing Group:

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 2 hours
Yoritomo Kiyonobu (3 hours'ish, TN 10), 2 success 0 raises 2 hours

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 3 success 0 raises 3 hours

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 3 success 4 raises 3 hours, Project Completed

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), 1 success 1 raise 1 hour

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 3 success 3 raises 3 hours

Papermaking Group:

Pottery Group:

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 3 success 1 raises 3 hours
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 3 successes 0 raises 3 hours
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 2 success 0 raises 3 hours
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 1 success, 0 raises, 2 hour
, 0 successes 0 raises 3 hours

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 2 successes, 2-1 raises, 3+1 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 2 success 0 raises 3 hours

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 2 success 0 raises 3 hour

Toy Making Group:

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 1 success 1-1 raises 1+1 hours

--------------------

HOUR 3 CONTINUED...

@ Fishing:

The Tortoise captain would nod, and signal his crew, who would go about getting the kobune ready to sail once more.

The Dragon would not look at Kaichiyo, and simply keep his eyes peeled out towards the sea. "If I need to," he responded enigmatically, as Dragon are apt to do.

After sailing east for another fifteen or twenty minutes, the sails would be lowered and the ship would come to a rest. The Mantis would once more prepare his rod and cast out once more, catching some more fish of assorted size. He did toss each one back once more, seemingly not content on any of his catches.

Kaichiyo, you catch a sesame mackerel, two gray cod, and a madai fish; moving farther from shore has indeed influenced the type of catchable fish.

The Dragon makes no effort to fish. Perhaps he simply likes sailing?

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Leaving Kyouya to... guard the paper?... Naohiko goes off an investigate.

Yeah, part of the castle is on fire. Quite a number of servants are trying to bucket brigade the fire, and are having some success; luckily, snow is (spoiler alert) water, so there's easily accessible ample supply nearby.

You are unfamiliar with the wing that is ablaze. You do overhear some servants.

"Where are the shugenja?!"
"Some are being brought here as we speak!"
"How much longer?!?!"
"I don't know!"

A pair of the Crane guards start running toward the scene, but one stops when she sees you. "Honored guest, please, stay back! It is dangerous right now!" she explained with a hint of panic in her voice. "We'll have it under control shortly," she would add after forcing herself to regain some composure.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 5, 3, 5, 5 Total: 29 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Naohiko marched at a hurried pace as he went off in search of Moshi Ruri.He would stop by their craft room first. to let Kyouya know what's going on. After that, he would continue his search for the Mantis, running where he thought he'd be able to get away with it.

OOC:
Perception/Hunting 4k2/ w/2 dice to handle explosions
Reason: Using it to find Ruri
Raises called: 1 to do so quickly.
Results: 12-5
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games