Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:44 am
Isaiah
Chapter 12
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angrie with mee, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

2 Behold, God is my saluation: I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord IEHOVAH is my strength and my song, he also is become my saluation.

3 Therefore with ioy shall yee draw water out of the wels of saluation.

4 And in that day shall yee say; Praise the Lord, call vpon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

5 Sing vnto the Lord; for hee hath done excellent things: this is knowen in all the earth.

6 Cry out and shout thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the holy one of Israel in the midst of thee.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:03 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 13

1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the sonne of Amoz did see.

2 Lift yee vp a banner vpon the high mountaine, exalt the voice vnto them, shake the hand, that they may goe into the gates of the nobles.

3 I haue commanded my sanctified ones: I haue also called my mightie ones for mine anger, euen them that reioyce in my highnesse.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountaines, like as of a great people: a tumultuous noise of the kingdomes of nations gathered together: the Lord of hostes mustereth the hoste of the battell.

5 They come from a farre countrey from the end of heauen, euen the Lord and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 ¶ Howle yee; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands bee faint, and euery mans heart shall melt.

8 And they shalbe afraid: pangs and sorrowes shall take hold of them, they shalbe in paine as a woman that trauelleth: they shalbe amazed one at another, their faces shalbe as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord commeth, cruell both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate; and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the starres of heauen, and the constellations thereof shall not giue their light: the sunne shalbe darkened in his going forth, and the moone shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their euill, and the wicked for their iniquitie; and I will cause the arrogancie of the proud to cease, and will lay low the hautinesse of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more pretious then fine gold; euen a man then the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heauens, and the earth shall remoue out of her place in the wrath of the Lord of hostes, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shalbe as the chased Roe, and as a sheepe that no man taketh vp: they shall euery man turne to his owne people, and flee euery one into his owne land.

15 Euery one that is found shall be thrust through: and euery one that is ioyned vnto them, shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shalbe dashed to pieces before their eyes, their houses shalbe spoiled, & their wiues rauished.

17 Beholde, I will stirre vp the Medes against them, which shall not regard siluer, and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bowes also shall dash the yong men to pieces, and they shall haue no pitie on the fruit of the wombe; their eye shall not spare children.

19 ¶ And Babylon the glory of kingdomes, the beautie of the Chaldees excellencie, shall be as when God ouerthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall neuer be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there, neither shal the shepheards make their fold there.

21 But wilde beastes of the desert shall lye there, and their houses shalbe full of dolefull creatures, and owles shall dwell there, and Satyres shall daunce there.

22 And the wilde beastes of the Ilands shal cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is neere to come, and her dayes shall not be prolonged.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:17 am
Isaiah
Chapter 14

1 For the Lord wil haue mercie on Iacob, and wil yet choose Israel, and set them in their owne land: and the strangers shalbe ioyned with them, and they shal cleaue to the house of Iacob.

2 And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possesse them in the land of the Lord, for seruants and handmaides: and they shall take them captiues, whose captiues they were, and they shall rule ouer their oppressours.

3 And it shall come to passe in the day that the Lord shal giue thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy feare, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serue,

4 ¶ That thou shalt take vp this prouerbe against the king of Babylon, and say; How hath the oppressour ceased? the golden citie ceased?

5 The Lord hath broken the staffe of the wicked, and the scepter of the rulers.

6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continuall stroke; hee that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted and none hindereth.

7 The whole earth is at rest and is quiet: they breake foorth into singing.

8 Yea the firre trees reioyce at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art layd downe, no feller is come vp against vs.

9 Hell from beneath is mooued for thee to meet thee at thy comming: it stirreth vp the dead for thee, euen all the chiefe ones of the earth; it hath raised vp from their thrones, all the kings of the nations.

10 All they shall speake and say vnto thee; Art thou also become weake as we? art thou become like vnto vs?

11 Thy pompe is brought downe to the graue, and the noyse of thy violes: the worme is spread vnder thee, and the wormes couer thee.

12 How art thou fallen from heauen, O Lucifer, sonne of the morning? how art thou cut downe to the ground, which didst weaken the nations?

13 For thou hast said in thine heart; I wil ascend into heauen, I wil exalt my throne aboue the starres of God: I wil sit also vpon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the North.

14 I wil ascend aboue the heights of the cloudes, I wil bee like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought downe to hel, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shal narrowly looke vpon thee, and consider thee, saying; Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdomes?

17 That made the world as a wildernesse, and destroyed the cities thereof that opened not the house of his prisoners?

18 All the kings of the nations, euen all of them lie in glory, euery one in his owne house.

19 But thou art cast out of thy graue, like an abominable branch: and as the raiment of those that are slaine, thrust through with a sword, that goe downe to the stones of the pit, as a carkeis troden vnder feete.

20 Thou shalt not be ioyned with them in buriall, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slaine thy people: the seede of euill doers shall neuer be renowmed.

21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquitie of their fathers, that they doe not rise nor possesse the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

22 For I will rise vp against them, sayth the Lord of hostes, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and sonne and nephew, sayth the Lord.

23 I will also make it a possession for the Bitterne, and pooles of water: and I will sweepe it with the besome of destruction, sayth the Lord of hostes.

24 ¶ The Lord of hostes hath sworne, saying; Surely as I haue thought, so shall it come to passe; and as I haue purposed, so shall it stand:

25 That I will breake the Assyrian in my land, and vpon my mountaines tread him vnder foote: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.

26 This is the purpose, that is purposed vpon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out vpon all the nations.

27 For the Lord of hostes hath purposed, and who shall disanull it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turne it backe?

28 In the yeere that king Ahaz died, was this burden.

29 ¶ Reioyce not thou whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpents roote shall come foorth a cockatrice, and his fruite shall be a fierie flying serpent.

30 And the first borne of the poore shall feed, and the needy shall lie downe in safetie: and I will kill thy root with famine, and he shall slay thy remnant.

31 Howle, O gate, crie, O citie, thou whole Palestina art dissolued, for there shal come from the North a smoke, and none shall bee alone in his appointed times.

32 What shall one then answere the messengers of the nation? that the Lord hath founded Zion, and the poore of his people shall trust in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 am
Isaiah
Chapter 15

1 The burden of Moab: because in the night Ar of Moab is laide waste and brought to silence; because in the night Kir of Moab is laide waste, and brought to silence:

2 Hee is gone vp to Baijth, and to Dibon, the high places, to weepe: Moab shall howle ouer Nebo, and ouer Medeba, on all their heads shalbe baldnesse, and euery beard cut off.

3 In their streetes they shall girde themselues with sackecloth: on the toppes of their houses, and in their streetes euery one shall howle, weeping abundantly.

4 And Heshbon shall cry, and Elealeh: their voice shalbe heard euen vnto Iahaz: therefore the armed souldiers of Moab shall crie out, his life shall be grieuous vnto him.

5 My heart shall cry out for Moab; his fugitiues shall flee vnto Zoar, an heifer of three yeeres olde: for by the mounting vp of Luhith with weeping shall they goe it vp: for in the way of Horonaim, they shall raise vp a crie of destruction.

6 For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate: for the hay is withered away, the grasse faileth, there is no greene thing.

7 Therefore the abundance they haue gotten, and that which they haue laide vp, shall they cary away to the brooke of the willowes.

8 For the cry is gone round about the borders of Moab: the howling thereof vnto Eglaim, and the howling thereof vnto Beer-Elim.

9 For the waters of Dimon shalbe full of blood: for I will bring more vpon Dimon, lyons vpon him that escapeth of Moab, and vpon the remnant of the land.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am
Isaiah
Chapter 16

1 Send ye the lambe to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wildernesse, vnto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

2 For it shalbe that as a wandering bird cast out of the nest: so the daughters of Moab shalbe at the fordes of Arnon.

3 Take counsell, execute Iudgement, make thy shadow as the night in the middest of the nooneday, hide the outcastes, bewray not him that wandereth.

4 Let mine outcasts dwel with thee, Moab, be thou a couert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressours are consumed out of the land.

5 And in mercy shall the throne be established, and hee shal sit vpon it in trueth, in the tabernacle of Dauid, iudging and seeking iudgement, and hasting righteousnesse.

6 ¶ We haue heard of the pride of Moab (hee is very proud) euen of his hautines, and his pride, and his wrath: but his lies shall not be so.

7 Therefore shall Moab howle for Moab, euery one shal howle: for the foundations of Kir-hareseth shall yee mourne, surely they are stricken.

8 For the fieldes of Heshbon languish, and the vine of Sibmah, the lords of the heathen haue broken downe the principall plants thereof, they are come euen vnto Iazer, they wandred through the wildernesse, her branches are stretched out, they are gone ouer the sea.

9 ¶ Therefore I wil bewaile with the weeping of Iazer, the Uine of Sibmah I wil water thee with my teares, O Heshbon, and Elealeh: for the shouting for thy Summer fruits, and for thy haruest, is fallen.

10 And gladnesse is taken away, and ioy out of the plentifull field, and in the Uineyards there shalbe no singing, neither shal there be shouting: the treaders shall tread out no wine in their presses; I haue made their vintage shouting to cease.

11 Wherefore my bowels shal sound like an harpe for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kir-haresh.

12 ¶ And it shal come to passe, when it is seene that Moab is weary on the high place, that hee shall come to his Sanctuary to pray: but hee shall not preuaile.

13 This is the word that the Lord hath spoken concerning Moab since that time.

14 But now the Lord hath spoken, saying, Within three yeeres, as the yeeres of an hireling, and the glory of Moab shalbe contemned, with all that great multitude; and the remnant shall be very small and feeble.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:02 am
Isaiah
Chapter 17

1 The burden of Damascus: Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a citie, and it shalbe a ruinous heape.

2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall bee for flockes, which shall lye downe, and none shall make them afraid.

3 The fortresse also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdome from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall bee as the glorie of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hostes.

4 And in that day it shall come to passe, that the glory of Iacob shall bee made thinne, and the fatnesse of his flesh shall waxe leane.

5 And it shall be as when the haruest-man gathereth the corne, and reapeth the eares with his arme; and it shalbe as he that gathereth eares in the valley of Rephaim.

6 (¶ Yet gleaning-grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an Oliue tree, two or three berries in the toppe of the vppermost bough: foure or fiue in the out-most fruitfull branches thereof, saith the Lord God of Israel.

7 At that day shall a man looke to his Maker, and his eyes shall haue respect to the Holy one of Israel.

8 And hee shall not looke to the altars, the worke of his handes, neither shall respect that which his fingers haue made, either the groues or the images.)

9 ¶ In that day shall his strong cities be as a forsaken bough, and an vppermost branch, which they left, because of the children of Israel: and there shalbe desolation.

10 Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy saluation, and hast not beene mindfull of the rocke of thy strength: therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips.

11 In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seede to flourish: but the haruest shall be a heape in the day of griefe, and of desperate sorrow.

12 ¶ Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise, like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing, like the rushing of mighty waters.

13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee farre off, and shalbe chased as the chaffe of the mountaines before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlewind.

14 And behold at euening tide trouble, and before the morning he is not: this is the portion of them that spoile vs, and the lot of them that robbe vs.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:47 am
Isaiah
Chapter 18

1 Woe to the land shadowing with wings, which is beyond the riuers of Ethiopia:

2 That sendeth ambassadours by the sea, euen in vessels of bulrushes vpon the waters, saying; Goe yee swift messengers to a nation scattered and peeled, to a people terrible from their beginning hitherto, a nation meted out and troden downe; whose land the riuers haue spoiled.

3 All yee inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see yee, when hee lifteth vp an ensigne on the mountaines; and when he bloweth a trumpet, heare yee.

4 For so the Lord sayd vnto me: I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a cleare heate vpon herbes, and like a cloud of dew in the heate of haruest.

5 For afore the haruest when the bud is perfect, and the sowre grape is ripening in the flowre; hee shall both cut off the sprigges with pruning hookes, and take away and cut downe the branches.

6 They shalbe left together vnto the foules of the mountaines, and to the beasts of the earth: and the foules shall summer vpon them, and all the beastes of the earth shall winter vpon them.

7 ¶ In that time shall the present be brought vnto the Lord of hostes, of a people scattered and peeled, and from a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and troden vnder foote, whose land the riuers haue spoiled, to the place of the name of the Lord of hostes, the mount Zion.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:42 am
Isaiah
Chapter 19

1 The burden of Egypt: Behold, the Lord rideth vpon a swift cloude, and shall come into Egypt, and the idoles of Egypt shalbe moued at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

2 And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight euery one against his brother, and euery one against his neighbour; citie against citie, and kingdome against kingdome.

3 And the spirit of Egypt shall faile in the midst thereof, and I will destroy the counsell thereof: and they shall seeke to the idoles, and to the charmers, and to them that haue familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

4 And the Egyptians will I giue ouer into the hand of a cruell Lord; and a fierce king shall rule ouer them, saith the Lorde, the Lord of hostes.

5 And the waters shall faile from the sea, and the riuer shalbe wasted, and dried vp.

6 And they shall turne the riuers farre away, and the brookes of defence shall be emptied and dried vp: the reeds and flagges shall wither.

7 The paper reeds by the brookes, by the mouth of the brookes, and euery thing sowen by the brooks shal wither, be driuen away, and be no more.

8 The fishers also shall mourne, and all they that cast angle into the brookes shall lament, and they that spread nets vpon the waters shall languish.

9 Moreouer they that worke in fine flaxe, and they that weaue net-works shall be confounded.

10 And they shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluces and ponds for fish.

11 ¶ Surely the princes of Zoan are fooles, the counsell of the wise counsellers of Pharaoh is become brutish: How say ye vnto Pharaoh, I am the sonne of the wise, the sonne of ancient kings?

12 Where are they? Where are thy wise men? and let them tell thee now, and let them know, what the Lord of hosts hath purposed vpon Egypt.

13 The princes of Zoan are become fooles, the princes of Noph are deceiued, they haue also seduced Egypt, euen they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.

14 The Lord hath mingled a peruerse spirit in the midst thereof: and they haue caused Egypt to erre in euery worke thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.

15 Neither shall there be any worke for Egypt, which the head or taile, branch or rush may doe.

16 In that day shall Egypt bee like vnto women: and it shall be afraid and feare, because of the shaking of the hand of the Lord of hosts, which he shaketh ouer it.

17 And the land of Iudah shall bee a terrour vnto Egypt, euery one that maketh mention thereof, shal be afraid in himselfe, because of the counsell of the Lord of hosts, which he hath determined against it.

18 ¶ In that day shall fiue cities in the land of Egypt speake the language of Canaan, and sweare to the Lord of hostes: one shalbe called the citie of destruction.

19 In that day shall there be an Altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.

20 And it shall be for a signe, and for a witnesse vnto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall crie vnto the Lord, because of the oppressours, and he shal send them a Sauiour and a great One, and he shall deliuer them.

21 And the Lord shalbe knowen to Egypt, and the Egyptians shal know the Lord in that day, and shal do sacrifice and oblation, yea they shall vow a vowe vnto the Lord, and performe it.

22 And the Lord shall smite Egypt, he shall smite and heale it, and they shall returne euen to the Lord, and he shalbe intreated of them, and shall heale them.

23 ¶ In that day shall there be a hie way out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serue with the Assyrians.

24 In that day shall Israel bee the third with Egypt, and with Assyria, euen a blessing in the midst of the land:

25 Whom the Lord of hosts shal blesse, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:34 am
Isaiah
Chapter 20

1 In the yeere that Tartan came vnto Ashdod (when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him) and fought against Ashdod and tooke it:

2 At the same time spake the Lord by Isaiah the sonne of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loynes, and put off thy shooe from thy foot: and he did so, walking naked and bare foot.

3 And the Lord said, Like as my seruant Isaiah hath walked naked and bare foote three yeeres for a signe and wonder vpon Egypt and vpon Ethiopia:

4 So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captiues, yong and old, naked and bare foote, euen with their buttocks vncouered, to the shame of Egypt.

5 And they shall be afraid and ashamed of Ethiopia their expectation, and of Egypt their glory.

6 And the inhabitant of this yle shall say in that day; Behold, such is our expectation whither we flee for helpe to be deliuered from the king of Assyria: and how shall we escape?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:45 am
Isaiah
Chapter 21

1 The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlewinds in the South passe thorough; so it commeth from the desert, from a terrible land.

2 A grieuous vision is declared vnto me; The treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth: Goe, vp O Elam: besiege, O Media: all the sighing thereof haue I made to cease.

3 Therefore are my loynes filled with paine, pangs haue taken hold vpon me, as the pangs of a woman that trauelleth: I was bowed downe at the hearing of it, I was dismayed at the seeing of it.

4 My heart panted, fearefulnesse affrighted me: the night of my pleasure hath he turned into feare vnto me.

5 Prepare the table, watch in the watch-tower, eate, drinke: arise yee princes, and anoint the shield.

6 For thus hath the Lord sayd vnto me; Goe, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth.

7 And he saw a charet with a couple of horsemen, a charet of asses, and a charet of camels; and hee hearkened diligently with much heede.

8 And he cryed; A lyon: my Lord, I stand continually vpon the watch-tower in the day time, and I am set in my ward whole nights.

9 And behold, heere commeth a charet of men with a couple of horsemen: and he answered and sayd; Babylon is fallen, is fallen, and all the grauen images of her Gods he hath broken vnto the ground.

10 O my threshing and the corne of my floore: that which I haue heard of the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, haue I declared vnto you.

11 ¶ The burden of Dumah. Hee calleth to me out of Seir: Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?

12 The watchman sayd; The morning commeth, and also the night: if yee will enquire, enquire yee: returne, come.

13 ¶ The burden vpon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall yee lodge, O yee trauelling companies of Dedanim.

14 The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they preuented with their bread him that fled.

15 For they fled from the swords, from the drawen sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grieuousnesse of warre.

16 For thus hath the Lord sayd vnto me: Within a yeere, according to the yeeres of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall faile.

17 And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar shalbe diminished: for the Lord God of Israel hath spoken it.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:31 am
Isaiah
Chapter 22

1 The burden of the valley of vision. What ayleth thee now, that thou art wholly gone vp to the house toppes?

2 Thou that art full of stirres, a tumultuous citie, a ioyous citie: thy slaine men are not slaine with the sword, nor dead in battell.

3 All thy rulers are fled together, they are bound by the archers: all that are found in thee are bound together, which haue fled from farre.

4 Therefore sayd I; Looke away from me, I will weepe bitterly, labour not to comfort me; because of the spoiling of the daughter of my people.

5 For it is a day of trouble, and of treading downe, and of perplexitie by the Lord God of hostes in the valley of vision, breaking downe the walles, and of crying to the mountaines.

6 And Elam bare the quiuer with charets of men and horsemen, and Kir vncouered the shield.

7 And it shall come to passe that thy choicest valleys shall be full of charets, and the horsemen shall set themselues in aray at the gate.

8 ¶ And he discouered the couering of Iudah, and thou diddest looke in that day to the armour of the house of the forrest.

9 Ye haue seene also the breaches of the citie of Dauid, that they are many: and ye gathered together the waters of the lower poole.

10 And ye haue numbred the houses of Ierusalem, and the houses haue yee broken downe to fortifie the wall.

11 Ye made also a ditch betweene the two walles, for the water of the olde poole: but ye haue not looked vnto the maker thereof, neither had respect vnto him that fashioned it long agoe.

12 And in that day did the Lord God of hostes call to weeping and to mourning, and to baldnesse, and to girding with sackecloth.

13 And behold ioy and gladnesse, slaying oxen and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine; let vs eate and drinke, for to morrow we shall die.

14 And it was reuealed in mine eares by the Lord of hostes; surely this iniquitie shall not be purged from you, till yee die, sayth the Lord God of hostes.

15 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord God of hostes, Goe, get thee vnto this treasurer, euen vnto Shebna, which is ouer the house, and say;

16 What hast thou here? And whom hast thou here, that thou hast hewed thee out a sepulchre here, as hee that heweth him out a sepulchre on high, and that graueth an habitation for himselfe in a rocke?

17 Behold; the Lord will cary thee away with a mightie captiuitie, and will surely couer thee.

18 He will surely violently turne and tosse thee, like a ball into a large countrey: there shalt thou die, and there the charets of thy glory shall be the shame of thy Lords house.

19 And I will driue thee from thy station, and from thy state shall he pull thee downe.

20 ¶ And it shall come to passe in that day, that I will call my seruant Eliakim the sonne of Hilkiah:

21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I wil commit thy gouernment into his hand, and he shalbe a father to the inhabitants of Ierusalem, and to the house of Iudah.

22 And the key of the house of Dauid will I lay vpon his shoulder: so he shall open and none shall shut, and he shall shut and none shall open.

23 And I will fasten him as a naile in asure place, and he shalbe for a glorious throne to his fathers house.

24 And they shall hang vpon him all the glory of his fathers house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantitie: from the vessels of cups, euen to all the vessels of flagons.

25 In that day, sayth the Lord of hostes, shall the naile that is fastened in the sure place, be remooued, and be cut downe and fall: and the burden that was vpon it shall bee cut off: for the Lord hath spoken it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:56 am
Isaiah
Chapter 23

1 The burden of Tyre. Howle yee ships of Tarshish, for it is laide waste, so that there is no house, no entring in: from the land of Chittim it is reuealed to them.

2 Be still, yee inhabitants of the yle, thou whom the merchants of Zidon, that passe ouer the sea, haue replenished.

3 And by great waters the seede of Sihor, the haruest of the riuer is her reuenew, and she is a mart of nations.

4 Be thou ashamed, O Zidon; for the sea hath spoken, euen the strength of the sea, saying; I trauell not, nor bring foorth children, neither doe I nourish vp yong men, nor bring vp virgines.

5 As at the report concerning Egypt, so shal they be sorely pained at the report of Tyre.

6 Passe ye ouer to Tarshish, howle ye inhabitants of the yle.

7 Is this your ioyous citie, whose antiquitie is of ancient dayes? her owne feete shall cary her afarre off to soiourne.

8 Who hath taken this counsell against Tyre the crowning citie, whose merchants are princes, whose traffiquers are the honourable of the earth?

9 The Lord of hostes hath purposed it, to staine the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honorable of the earth.

10 Passe through thy land as a riuer O daughter of Tarshish: there is no more strength.

11 He stretched out his hand ouer the sea, hee shooke the kingdomes: the Lord hath giuen a commandement against the merchant citie, to destroy the strong holdes thereof.

12 And he said, Thou shalt no more reioice, O thou oppressed virgin, daughter of Zidon: arise, passe ouer to Chittim, there also shalt thou haue no rest.

13 Behold, the land of the Caldeans, this people was not till the Assyrian founded it for them that dwel in the wildernesse: they set vp the towers thereof, they raised vp the palaces thereof, and he brought it to ruine.

14 Howle ye ships of Tarshish: for your strength is laid waste.

15 And it shall come to passe in that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten seuentie yeeres according to the dayes of one king: after the end of seuentie yeeres shall Tyre sing as an harlot.

16 Take an harpe, goe about the city thou harlot, that hast beene forgotten, make sweet melody, sing many songs, that thou mayest be remembred.

17 ¶ And it shall come to passe after the ende of seuentie yeeres, that the Lord will visite Tyre, and shee shall turne to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdomes of the world vpon the face of the earth.

18 And her merchandize and her hire shall be holinesse to the Lord: it shall not be treasured nor laid vp: for her merchandize shalbe for them that dwell before the Lord, to eate sufficiently, and for durable clothing.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:41 am
Isaiah
Chapter 24

1 Behold, the Lord maketh the earth emptie, and maketh it waste, and turneth it vpside downe, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be as with the people, so with the priest, as with the seruant, so with his master, as with the maid, so with her mistresse, as with the buyer, so with the seller, as with the lender, so with the borower, as with the taker of vsurie, so with the giuer of vsurie to him.

3 The land shall be vtterly emptied, and vtterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughtie people of the earth doe languish.

5 The earth also is defiled vnder the inhabitants thereof: because they haue transgressed the lawes, changed the ordinance, broken the euerlasting couenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse deuoured the earth, and they that dwell therin are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

7 The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merrie hearted doe sigh.

8 The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that reioyce, endeth, the ioy of the harpe ceaseth.

9 They shall not drinke wine with a song, strong drinke shall bee bitter to them that drinke it.

10 The city of confusion is broken downe: euery house is shut vp, that no man may come in.

11 There is a crying for wine in the streets, all ioy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.

12 In the citie is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.

13 ¶ When thus it shalbe in the midst of the land among the people: there shall be as the shaking of an oliue tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.

14 They shal lift vp their voice, they shal sing, for the maiesty of the Lord, they shall crie aloud from the sea.

15 Wherefore, glorifie ye the Lord in the fires, euen the Name of the Lord God of Israel in the yles of the Sea.

16 ¶ From the vttermost part of the earth haue we heard songs, euen glory to the righteous: but I said, My leannesse, my leannesse, woe vnto me: the treacherous dealers haue dealt treacherously, yea the treacherous dealers haue dealt very treacherously.

17 Feare, and the pit, & the snare are vpon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

18 And it shall come to passe, that he who fleeth from the noise of the feare, shall fall into the pit; and he that commeth vp out of the midst of the pit, shalbe taken in the snare: for the windowes from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth doe shake.

19 The earth is vtterly broken downe, the earth is cleane dissolued, the earth is moued exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reele to and fro, like a drunkard, and shall be remooued like a cottage, and the transgression thereof shall be heauie vpon it, and it shall fall, and not rise againe.

21 And it shall come to passe in that day, that the Lord shall punish the hoste of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth vpon the earth.

22 And they shalbe gathered together as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut vp in the prison, and after many dayes shall they bee visited.

23 Then the Moone shall be confounded, and the Sunne ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reigne in mount Zion and in Ierusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 25

1 O Lord, thou art my God, I will exalt thee, I will praise thy Name; for thou hast done wonderfull things; thy counsels of old are faithfulnesse and trueth.

2 For thou hast made of a citie, an heape; of a defenced city, a ruine: a palace of strangers, to be no citie, it shall neuer be built.

3 Therefore shall the strong people glorifie thee, the city of the terrible nations shall feare thee.

4 For thou hast bene a strength to the poore, a strength to the needy in his distresse, a refuge from the storme, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storme against the wall.

5 Thou shalt bring downe the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; euen the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shalbe brought low.

6 ¶ And in this mountaine shall the Lord of hostes make vnto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And he wil destroy in this mountaine the face of the couering cast ouer all people, and the vaile that is spread ouer all nations.

8 He will swallow vp death in victorie, and the Lord God wil wipe away teares from off al faces, and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.

9 ¶ And it shalbe said in that day, Loe, this is our God, we haue waited for him, and he will saue vs: this is the Lord, we haue waited for him, we wil be glad, and reioyce in his saluation.

10 For in this mountaine shall the hand of the Lord rest, and Moab shalbe troden downe vnder him, euen as straw is troden downe for the dounghill.

11 And hee shall spread foorth his hands in the midst of them, as hee that swimmeth spreadeth foorth his hands to swimme: and hee shall bring downe their pride together with the spoiles of their hands.

12 And the fortresse of the high fort of thy walles shall hee bring downe, lay low, and bring to the ground, euen to the dust.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:26 am
Isaiah
Chapter 26

1 In that day shall this song bee sung in the land of Iudah; Wee haue a strong citie, saluation will God appoint for walles and bulwarkes.

2 Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the trueth may enter in.

3 Thou wilt keepe him in perfect peace, whose minde is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.

4 Trust ye in the Lord for euer: for in the Lord Iehouah is euerlasting strength.

5 ¶ For hee bringeth downe them that dwell on high, the loftie citie he layeth it low; he layeth it low, euen to the ground, he bringeth it euen to the dust.

6 The foote shall treade it downe, euen the feete of the poore, and the steps of the needie.

7 The way of the iust is vprightnesse: thou most vpright, doest weigh the path of the iust.

8 Yea in the way of thy Iudgements, O Lord, haue we waited for thee; the desire of our soule is to thy Name, and to the remembrance of thee.

9 With my soule haue I desired thee in the night, yea with my spirit within me will I seeke thee early: for when thy iudgements are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learne righteousnesse.

10 Let fauour be shewed to the wicked, yet will hee not learne righteousnesse: in the land of vprightnesse will he deale vniustly, and will not behold the maiestie of the Lord.

11 Lord, when thy hand is lifted vp, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their enuie at the people, yea the fire of thine enemies shall deuoure them.

12 ¶ Lord, thou wilt ordaine peace for vs: for thou also hast wrought all our workes in vs.

13 O Lord our God, other lordes besides thee haue had dominion ouer vs: but by thee only will we make mention of thy Name.

14 They are dead, they shall not liue; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

15 Thou hast increased the nation, O Lord, thou hast increased the nation, thou art glorified; thou hadst remooued it farre vnto all the ends of the earth.

16 Lord, in trouble haue they visited thee: they powred out a prayer when thy chastening was vpon them.

17 Like as a woman with childe that draweth neere the time of her deliuerie, is in paine and cryeth out in her pangs; so haue wee beene in thy sight, O Lord.

18 Wee haue beene with childe, wee haue beene in paine, we haue as it were brought foorth winde, wee haue not wrought any deliuerance in the earth, neither haue the inhabitants of the world fallen.

19 Thy dead men shall liue, together with my dead body shall they arise: awake and sing yee that dwell in dust: for thy dewe is as the dewe of herbes, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

20 ¶ Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doores about thee; hide thy selfe as it were for a little moment, vntill the indignation be ouerpast.

21 For behold, the Lord commeth out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquitie: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more couer her slaine.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games