Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:06 pm
"Oh, I don't know. That grumpy green took a while, didn't she? The bronze seems pretty confident. I wonder if he'll be really picky too?" Triton responded, tilting his head to the side, "Oh man, these dragonets are so wonderful. I dunno if I'm gonna find mine...I guess it's pretty uncommon on the first try, right?" The tall youth stepped from foot to foot, feeling the heat on his skin. He was dying of thirst, but still eager to see the end of his first hatching. "At least we have a feast to look forward to after this, right?"

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:06 pm
[ soui ]

There was an egg on the sands that still hadn't hatched....and Soui wondered if that was okay? What happened to eggs that stayed while the others had hatched already? Did people break them open to save the dragonet inside, or break them open to eat whatever was in there?

That was an absolutely awful thought, and Soui wondered if her face was mirroring the horror that her mind had. She'd certainly help break the egg open if it needed it, or maybe she'd protect it from others if they wanted to bust it open to eat! Regardless, her worry was now on the last egg.

The Queen didn't seem worried though, so was the healer apprentice overreacting? She really wanted to know if everything was okay though, she didn't even like thinking someone could be hurting and in need of help....  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:07 pm
————Jacquol————

Aaaand there went both blue and brown. She hadn't been a candidate long enough to really be disappointed about the prospect of not impressing. This was all one big fun adventure in the end after all, wasn't it? And she still had an entire life planned out as pirate queen of the seas if this didn't play out. Who needed to worry? A few of the other candidates seemed to be growing more and more somber but...well hey. No one had even known about this clutch until a few hours ago, right? So why make it out to be the end of the world, huh? Besides! There was still an egg uncracked!

————Zelaya————

Things were winding down now. The bronze and...one egg? She had begun to wring her hands just a bit, the constant noise of the people and the crowd finally starting to get to her. She'd stay strong a bit longer though. She could last for two more. For Z'tir, if nothing else. She would NOT make him regret letting her walk down into the crowd! For now she'd just keep her eyes on the egg. Or maybe the bronze. They weren't being loud, or demanding anything but her to look. That was an easy thing to do and focus on.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:11 pm
“Do you think it’s stuck?” Marinel looked concerned as he looked to the last egg there. Only one! And... maybe it wasn’t ready? Maybe it was thinking. Maybe it was sleeping. “Come on, little egg. Come on. You can do it.” He looked to Omurn. “Do you think it’s a dud?” He asked, quietly.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Unlike some among the group, this particular Bronze knew exactly where he was bound. There was only one mind among the crowd that spoke to him, and he padded close, circling in as one might do while hunting. All the better to observe his 'prey'.

Or rather, his bondmate.

User Image

Zarike, please come away from there. Your Chonth has many battles left to wage, and this one is almost to its close. Let us go see to the others, and find - the Bronze's noble speech was interrupted by a loud rumble-

Something to eat.

Dizzy_Kat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm
[ soui ]

She was getting used to the looks that the dragons had on their faces, in their eyes when they impressed, so when the bronze looked at someone and she could see it, there was a moment of relaxing. But that other egg....it sat on the sand whole, unmoving, and Soui really wondered if it would need help. She did have a small hammer on her hip, mostly because it was a tool that was supposed to be used to help hammer nails into a splint, but she could use it for anything else if needs be.

Soui placed a hand on the hammer and looked up at the dragons, pointing her hand at the unhatched egg. "Is....is everything okay with that egg? Is the baby okay, does it need help?" Honestly she wasn't expecting an answer or anything, but it made her feel better to ask. No one left behind on this hatching, not if she could make sure everyone left happy and healthy and alive.

Uta

Mx Cherie

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm
High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
“I guess she did. He has his pick of the candidates right now.” A confident bronze or a choosy bronze? Makim thought about it for a moment. “Not sure. It’s my first time too.” He glanced toward those who’d already been lucky and impressed. “I guess the question would be to see how many of them this was their first time too.”

“Though I agree the dragonets have been quite the lookers.” He hadn’t even considered the feast yet. “Usually the weyr holds a feast after a hatching, but since this one doesn’t belong to a weyr, I don’t know. They might?” The bronze was the confident type and quickly chose his rider from the crowd.

(( Rhea Izar @ Triton ))

Nalacko
Nala kept hold of Rizdax’s hand but shuffled just a step away. To give the bronze room just in case. She sighed softly as the bronze called out to another.

(( Hattaki @ Rizdax ))
(( SilverLutz @ Shar ))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:22 pm
Western Candidates
Rinis
She gave a stretch. Her feet were tired from standing. What about the last egg though? Her eyes glanced toward the mother gold looking for a hint.

(( Aukai Oceansoul @ L’saen/Solouth ))

Omurntas
“I hope not.” What did one even do with a stuck dragon? “I doubt she’d really let us help though.” He gave a shrug. The elegantly marked bronze didn’t waste too much time and quickly found his rider.

(( Thaliawen @ Mari ))  

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Blue Flower egg shifted in indignation. Excuse you! I will hatch when I am ready, and no sooner! Is that clear!

HUFF.

RUDE!

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:27 pm
[ soui ]

!!!!! There it was....a voice!! Soui sighed loudly in relief and apologized as many times as she could, saying sorry over and over to the egg both mentally and verbally. It was hard to express that she'd just been worried, since she honestly had no place to do so, so all she could do was offer apologies. It wasn't as though the dragonet was going to come out and maul her for being concerned....right?

"Well, at least, the floor is yours now. No one else is around, so you've got everyone's attention." Attention, desperation, whatever else came with it. Soui could see the looks on the people's faces, some of them looking like this egg was their last hope. Sort of...strange?  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:38 pm
Juhvek

If she'd do things in her own time, Juhvek could add would wait. It wasn't like any of the Candidates had anywhere to be that was more important, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Are you ready yet, my dear? Cordrath asked gently, when thirty minutes or so had passed.

No. Not yet.

---

Forty-five minutes.

How about--

Not yet!

---

One hour.

Susurinth, perhaps we might send for tents for the children, Cordrath sighed, staring down at the still as of yet motionless egg.

----

Two hours, several tents, and hatchling dragon rides later.

My darling, the meat can't still be fresh, Cordrath fretted, but--

At long, long, long last, there came a shiver.

The baby within the Blue Flower egg shifted, and... rolled over.

Sigh.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:43 pm
————Jacquol & Zelaya————

Everyone else had left. The new weyrlings, half the observers. But still, they were told to stay put.

And so they did.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm
High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
“Oh.” What more could he say. He would wait if the baby wanted them to. Makim hadn’t expected to wait for quite so long. All the other dragonets had been sent to their weyrs and shade provided for the candidates.

(( Rhea Izar @ Triton ))

Nalacko
She finally gave up and plopped herself into a seat on the sands. Her legs were tired and the sand below her was already cool enough from standing there so long. Nala watched the egg, then the waves, then the egg.

(( Hattaki @ Rizdax ))
(( SilverLutz @ Shar ))

Western Candidates
Rinis
Rinis had to chuckle at the egg taking its sweet time. Nothing like leaving everyone hanging. She stood in the shade a bit and got some water to drink while they waited for the young dragon to make up her mind about leaving.

(( Aukai Oceansoul @ L’saen/Solouth ))

Omurntas
Omurn blinked as the young dragon made herself known. Well. He guessed she wasn’t stuck then. No. Instead she made them wait and wait.

(( Thaliawen @ Mari ))  

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Darling, they have waited very patiently for you. Why not come out? Cordrath suggested gently, nudging his small egg. Silly girl!

But it must be perfect! I'm not ready!

Feeling the anxiety coming off of the Blue Flower egg, Cordrath nuzzled it once more. My dear, you are as perfect as perfect can be. They are ready to meet you. Why not come out, and meet them?

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff