Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:06 pm
Having finished checking in on Beau and changing shifts with Aria for who was in charge of making sure Beau didn't try to escape the hospital bed prematurely again, Reno would find himself standing with the rest of the Snagems as they awaited Sub to outline what exactly was so important. But without even a word to start, Reno could feel a scowl slowly growing across his face as he could already expect what Sub was about to explain. He could be wrong, but the Co-Leader was already getting livid just at the thought of what exactly Sub had most likely done.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:15 pm
"Yeah, I have a really bad habit on calling on Dragonite a lot. There were a couple of times back there where I caught myself ready to call Dragonite because it was getting that hard, like with Arcanine or Umbreon, only to remember Dragonite was on the bleachers like I told him to." Tristen admitted. "But if I had Dragonite, if Umbreon against Rampardos was any hint, that could have been a big problem for me. I put Dragonite off to the side like I did so I could see where I actually need to work on my skills in battling because it wasn't like I could just have Dragonite Hyper Beam all my problems away. In fact, it could have made them worse. Like after I had Magmar use Giga Impact like I did."

I crossed my arms, a little astounded at Tristen's field-side confession. He actually put thought into this and it'd explain why he spent a little more time putting a team together before the battle started. He actually recognized his over reliance on the dragon Pokemon. While having an ace Pokemon isn't a bad thing to have, it does become problematic when its the linchpin to the entire team. The past few years taught Tristen that, being forged in the fires of the various battles that he's been in.

"Alright, well good battle to the both of you now shake ha-" I got interrupted. Freth back at the bleachers, Tristen, his Dragonite, and I who were still on the field listened up, hearing GRAY make the announcement to meet with Sub in the main area. "...what, now? Geez, no rest for the weary." I said.

"Blizzard, you coming?" Freth called out to me.

"Yeah, yeah..." I said walking off.

Tristen watched as I left off, looking back up towards Dragonite then back towards Aden. "I'll get you next time." Tristen said, holding out his hand for a shake and had a bit of a smile on him.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:46 pm
"I'm going to just cut straight to the chase. I know many of you have been wondering what became of Ein and only myself and Darts, for reasons that will soon be apparent, have been aware of his fate. I had worked out a deal with the Indigo Alliance in exchange for deciding Ein's punishment, which they reluctantly approved. Right now if you turned on the news you might be seeing reports showcasing or talking about the corpse of Ein, but make no mistake that was one of his body doubles found just outside Pyrite Town, apparently he tried to flee during the siege and I suppose Ein had measures in place so the couldn't get too far away. Either way the Alliance has decided to parade this double around as the real Ein and the official story is he died while trying to escape capture." He had begun to explain.

"What really became of Ein I felt was more appropriate. With the help of Devon Corp we removed his impenetrable vault from the tower, the one he held himself up in, and with their engineers completely stripped it of all its gadgets and what not converting it into a simple box of thick layers of Dark, Steel, and other gems." The man said, stressing that the vault really was inescapable, had to be since it was used to protect Ein from his own creation, S-22.

"With Ein imprisoned is inside the vault was taken and abandoned in the Distortion World where it will drift through nothingness for all eternity, its place in space and position in time never to be known, not even by us. If someone finding him concerns you then perhaps Darts can reassure you that even he isn't completely capable of traveling to exact places in the Distortion World, only Giratina its self is capable of such a thing. In there he is bound to a chair welded to the floor with welded restraints, the only other item in the vault a monitor positioned directly in front of him which plays an endless loop of the faces and names of all his victims, both direction and indirect and the door behind was sealed shut forever. Due to the nature of the Distortion World, which exists outside time and space, he'll never age further nor require food or water to stay alive, but the memory of such things he'll always be plagued with." He found something like joy in this fact.

"Forever he will an old man, barely alive in a body that was just shy of failing but will never by granted the escape of death. His only point of focus in a room of darkness his victims, forever. In one way it's funny, so many of his experiments, as Amaranth can attest to, involved figuring out immortality, extending his own life, and cheating death and now he has achieved it." The man scoffed at the idea, he wanted to laugh but couldn't considering the topic.

"I have more to say but I want to pause there and hear your reactions. I know we were very divided on what to do with him back there." And with that he waited for the others to speak up.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:12 pm
Blizzard120

"I'll be honest, I kinda envy how some can get as comfortable as they do with just one Pokemon. Though, the scarier ones are the ones with an ace and the rest of their team is strong enough to work with that. Leaves you guessing which one's actually their ace. Umbreon's about as close as I get to one; I use her to do a lot of setups or if I need to shut someone's strategy down. Nidoking can answer to a lot of situations, though... usually. Rampardos might be a bit trickier."

"Also," he'd pause to shake Tristen's hand, giving a slight smile of his own. "Looking forward to the rematch, but don't expect me to give you a win easily. Anyway, let's see what Sub's wanting to address, shall we?"

SubonicXP

He'd turn to leave the battlefield, down the hall again and back into the common room... just in time to hear Sub's explanation, no less, and found himself shuddering at the mention of the Distortion World. "Yeah, uh... I'm just gonna add that a place like that's effectively no man's land for me. Too detached to reach. I've got... I'll be honest, I don't have much to say on this one."

Sol, on the other hand, would give a shrug. On one hand, Ein was spared and given a fate much worse than death. On the other... well, he was effectively "dead" anyway. "No, no need for the reassurance. The less we can find him ourselves, the less we'll want to try and check in and end up with him finding a way out on us," he chimed in.

Amaranth had nothing to really say, unsure of how she felt about the overall outcome. Ein would have those victims burned into his head without a doubt, and he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone else in a place like that. But she wondered if he should've still answered to what he'd done aside... at this point, the musing was relatively moot, so she waited for Sub to continue.

"That, um..." Cera seemed like she wanted to say something, but rescinded partway in. Part of her felt like she wouldn't have been satisfied, no matter the outcome. But she couldn't hide the bit of relief she felt in that the chances of him returning were effectively zero.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:24 pm
Lykas was likely to speak first, having come along at GRAY's beckoning, leaning on the doorframe nearby as Sub explained. "I'd say that sounds like a fair compromise. As far as his life is concerned, it's over. He may as well be dead if he can't escape. But he isn't. He's alive. And he's facing no truer judgement than the actualization of his victims' existence." He reasoned. "I'd have preferred knowing his twisted heart had stopped entirely but I can live with this." He admitted.

"I'd have to agree." Odd spoke up, standing around the corner. He'd stopped and listened without showing himself to anyone but Lykas yet. He wasn't entirely certain how he would react to Sub's meeting, figuring this was going to be the topic before he ever arrived. "I'm glad to hear he wasn't executed then and there but this is likely a better result than even a proper trial. His age was more than likely going to catch up to him before a proper trial could have been completed."

Lykas nodded calmly before looking to Sub directly. "Someone needs to tell Ryan about this. He got bent out of shape over those of us who voted to kill that b*****d and left his SNAG and everything here before he just up and disappeared again." He told the Snagem leader. He'd discovered Ryan's absence only recently. He'd gone to talk to the Channeler about their former master when he discovered his ally had abandoned his equipment and left HQ.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 pm
With the two giving their 'good games' to each other, they would eventually follow the rest out of the training room in time to hear the explanation out of Sub. It would be weird, once again...an adrenaline high trying to perform the best of their ability just now in a Pokemon battle, only to come into a discussion that was, frankly, kind of somber. Though this gave Tristen a bit of insight as to what happened that very evening, what he couldn't see as he was helping to carry Darts. Tristen didn't really have anything to say on the topic, funny enough. One of those faces that Ein would see in his eternal lockdown would have been Tails, where either he or one of his body doubles that would make the hybrid that would have been his brother, one still missing no less. The Manetric hybrid remembered what he was told about that abhorrent scientist and saw the fruits of his labor first hand, even affecting the likes of his own Pokemon. For the longest, it was a rather depressing period for Tristen that he worked severely hard to overcome. Though, if he was to be honest, there were a couple of things he still needed to work out...perhaps in time.

Freth and I on the other hand pretty much had the motion of indifference in the matter. We had the suspicion of Sub doing something, but going that out of the way to make sure from now until the end of time Ein would know not only the victims who he left his mark on, but also those who beaten him and left him in that very state...that much we didn't have the slightest clue on. It was perhaps for the best, really. The team really did get divided at that very last second, much as no one would probably care to admit it. Even I wouldn't. Hell, to me, that whole situation kind of was jarring in retrospect. To be in a position where a consensus of such an abhorrent man would live or perish by our hands, which either way would give Ein all the room in the world to find some sort of victory in it.

With a sigh, I ended up speaking up: "Sub that was probably one of those times where the entire team just needed to back up and let you work. This wasn't like back in Kalos where you nearly offed the king only to play in Lysandre's hands, this was...a whole other ball game we were playing that moment. I have the feeling that regardless what happened in that room, Ein counted on us taking each other out due to whatever virtue we hold, rather we wanted to play vigilante or hero, and regardless of whatever our opinion was, it wasn't our place. Sure, I vouched to off the b*****d, but really, what you did was probably best case scenario for all involved."

"I just hope though, since you bring it up, that your confidence isn't unfounded, Sub." Freth would then speak up. "That Distortion World...whatever that place is...is one gigantic question mark for all involved. Even you, that I know of. Hell, I don't even think Darts could make heads or tails of it other than there's an eldritch abomination of a Pokemon who roams in there on a constant basis. Granted, it seems like all was thought about, from him not being able to leave that vault by his own hands or anything from getting in, at least...anything that we could imagine that would severely mind the massive amount of Ebonite lining that thing, at least."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 pm
After Sub said his piece and stated that he was waiting on our reactions, I took a deep breath. "If I'm completely honest, I was riding on my emotions when I said I wanted Ein dead. Well, not just my emotions. I also had the remnants of what Keiko felt when she thought I was dead. Turns out having a Gardevoir as a channeling partner isn't all perks, not that I'd trade her for anything in the world. Regardless, I'm satisfied with what you did with him. It's far more fitting than death, at any rate," I explained. Part of me was very glad that the man wasn't actually dead, as I really didn't want his blood on his hands no matter what he's done.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm
"Yeah, I'll have to find Ryan and soon, he didn't take it all too well." Sub concurred with Lykas. "But yes, the less we poke around or even think of that place the better. As little as we know about the Distortion World I feel confident enough that Ein will never escape that place. The fact that Darts sometimes struggles to make it back and forth from there himself, despite his hybridism, gives me some kind of reassurance." He said in response to Sol and Freth's input.

"Thank you, Blizz. I know most of us here seem pretty okay with how everything turned out, but I feel very content with my decision. No other ending would have sufficed. The thought of ever giving Ein influence in our final choice was something I just couldn't live with. Selfish? Maybe." He responded to the Cold One.

"Now, no more of Ein. That book is closed and it's time we crack open a new one. For over three decades I have led groups of people of different compositions with the sole goal of taking down Cipher. That was Snagem's purpose but now Cipher is no more. Despite the final defeat of our arch-enemy a threat of their making, the Shadow Pokemon, will be forever present and one we'll have to continue to struggle against." He began to explain to his teammates.

"As such as part of the deal that allowed me to do what I did with Ein, Snagem is being sanctioned as a global Shadow Pokemon combat force. Within the coming days representatives of all regional governments will meet at the Indigo Plateau and sign the SNAG treaty, fully known as Shadow Neutralization and Apprehension Group treaty. The treaty is simply an international agreement that the various regions will allow us free entry into their territory and gives us vast amounts of immunity for the actions we undertake in containing Shadow Pokemon. In other words we will officially no longer be vigilantes. Snagem is going legitimate...for now." He said with a wide smile. "We have Hoenn and Unova to thank for the push of the treaty."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:35 pm
I looked down for a second. Relieved as I am to hear that, there was something that was bothering me for a moment. "What's wrong?" Freth would ask.

"Eh, nothing major. At least, I think. For now." I said. This got a rather quizzical look out of Freth and I merely shook my head. "Don't worry about it. If anything changes, you and Tristen would be the first to know."

"Alright." Freth said.

While I was honest in what I said, the thing that was bothering me was merely heading back home with Freth and Tristen. The whole reason why I joined this whole band was because my home was at threat by Ein, primarily. Though those such as Lysandre didn't help matters either, honestly. Though with Shadow Pokemon still out there in the regions somewhere and chances are probably not limited to those regions by now given how long it has been and worse still, the big looming question of S22's...status for a lack of a better term. Worse still, Sub made a lot of enemies just to take out one psychopath...it left me to wonder if there really was going to be any peace in this world now, at least enough for me to feel comfortable enough that we could just go home.

For now, I wouldn't let it bother me. Let's just see how things go for the next little while. There are things to still do apart from general clean up, I'd think.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 pm
I found Sub's reveal of our political situation interesting. "That will make things easier. Both in taking care of the Shadow virus and... other things. At least we won't be seen as criminals in Kalos anymore, not that I have any intention of showing up there any time soon. Unless it's for a mission."

I decided to stay quiet for the moment and let the others try to get more information out of him, but something was bugging me. "That said, the way you said 'for now' with that wide smile makes it seem like you're planning something," I added, airing my suspicions at Sub. I wasn't trying to accuse him of anything, at least anything serious, but I've known him long enough to feel out when he's planning something. That's when Keiko came in, having apparently caught the tail end of the conversation up to this point. She didn't say anything, though, as she sat next to me.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm
Reno would keep listening as Sub spoke and the others responded to the initial reveal. And.....this was the response they had? To being effectively undermined in what they had decided was required to decide Ein's fate? Just bow down and figure that Sub knows best just because? While he was definitely working with slightly more info than the rest for his apprehension, this seemed a little much even for that. And then he got to hear as Sub essentially declared his intention to flaunt a literal writ of carte blanche in nearly every region at some future point. That was most definitely the line where he withdrew whatever potential trust he could give Sub.

"So......allow me to get this straight, as I see it. You not only went entirely against the wishes of about half the team for what fate should befall Ein, but never mentioned your option as a potential one for the sole purpose of none of us undermining it if we disagreed and noticed you going ahead with it anyway if the votes didn't go your way." Reno chastised, slowly marching from the back of the room to a more confrontational position standing directly in front of Sub. "And, on top of that, you are declaring your intention to only go along with a literal treaty that gives us free reign in any region for what you just said is our new official goal until the moment it becomes a mild hassle, at which point you will flip multiple world governments the bird just because they might not want you to do a thing and drag us along for the ride simply because we associate with you."

Stretching up to his full height out of his usual slight slouch, Reno would stare directly into Sub's eyes. "Allow me to make my position clear. If you rashly decide that this treaty is too much of a hassle and get us out of it on a whim, I'm going to leave Snagem and make it my new mission to detain and stop you from recklessly endangering everyone simply because you can't channel your more....destructive impulses towards someone like Ein." Turning away from Sub to return to the back of the room, Reno would add over his shoulder. "I promised a kid I'd keep you from killing yourself. And if that means I have to beat you down to keep that from happening, I'll do it for him."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:35 am
Sub would fold his arms and pout in response to Reno's very justified tangent. Sure, he had been extremely impulsive for a number of years but he still had another announcement to make and here comes mister Co-Leader to stomp out his fun. "Oh poo, I was just having a little bit of fun." He said, making his 'pout' even more exaggerated. "Don't worry, I have no intentions on do anything underhanded, not this time. I've spent the majority of my adult life cutting corners and staying on the run just for the opportunity to get back at a single person, now I've been given an opportunity to live my life out in the open, without looking over my shoulder for operatives of good or evil. The last thing I want to do is ruin the chance to actually relax." He reassured Reno, and by proxy Terashi who also felt like Sub was scheming, when honestly he wasn't.

"I'm just an old heartless thug who was forced to actually feel something one day and decided that I was going to make the guy who forced me to feel pay for the transgression, and did. My story is over. I told you guys awhile back that I would keep no more secrets and now that I told you what became of Ein I hold no more. Consider that my last scheme, one last hurrah for the deceptive Dark One. I may be young in body but I'm old and tired in soul. The only reason why I don't hang it up and retire now that the opportunity is presented to me is because I simply know nothing else than this." He continued. For once he was being serious and open, it actually surprised him how honest he was being. Perhaps finally defeating Ein allowed for him to relax for the first time in over three decades. He just wanted the others to believe him.

"In fact..." He smiled, walking over to Reno and throwing his arm around his shoulder. "What can this old trickster do to reassure you? Want me to go get my old black tux and scarf and burn them? I promise to go on the straight and narrow here on out, Bug Scouts' honor!" The man said, throwing up a single finger and flexing it as if it were a worm. He always wanted to join the Bug Scouts back growing up in Johto but never did. "Oh! You know what we should do? We should take a vacation! Maybe spend some time in Alola. Think of it, Renny! We'll get a room at Hano Grand Resort and see who can toss more Pyukumuku in the ocean like the locals! ...actually, let's not do that. Seems like such an abusive tradition. We'll think of something else." He said, then looking over at Blizzard and company. "Maybe spend the holidays in Mahogany Town and have Blizz show us a traditional celebration."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:58 am
While I saw the point Reno was trying to make and saw wisdom in his tangent, I was willingly letting Sub go over what I wanted at the time as, now that I'd had time to think, I knew killing him wasn't the best course of action. I did appreciate Sub's apparent honesty, but not only could I not sense whether he was being emotionally honest due to his choice of channeling, honesty... just didn't seem to be in his nature. I didn't mean that hatefully. He just seemed the type to be deceptive for playfulness's sake, for instance. Or maybe just hide his meaning until a big moment where he could reveal it dramatically. That said, I took him at his word as he basically promised to not use said nature against us.

But all that went out the window for a moment as I couldn't help but chuckle. Renny. That was perfect I knew my 'rivalry' with Reno was lukewarm at best at this point, but I still planned on challenging him at the top of Mt. Silver once I had a team that I felt was worthy of his time. At the very least, I wanted Rala to have the ability to mega-evolve for the fight as I was sure one of his team would have that ability. With that in mind, I calmed down and started paying attention to Sub again, which is when Keiko spoke up. "I wouldn't mind spending more time in Alola, but I wouldn't mind visiting Johto, either."

That kind of surprised me as she'd spent most of her youth running around Johto and Kanto as delivery girl. Then I realized that maybe she didn't have the time to enjoy herself at the various towns she went to for work purposes and it made a bit more sense. That, or she could just be homesick, in a sense. "Same, to be honest. I've heard of the traditional celebrations that go on in parts of Johto but I've never seen one for myself."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 pm
"With Alola tradition, Ulla and I will be happy to show you around. Isn't that right Ulla?" Leon joined the conversation as he was carrying his little sister on his back. After several weeks, she finally woke up not that long ago. Leon was able to retain some of the information of the first part Sub was talking about. He expected as much from Sub, he just couldn't believe himself. That he let his anger get the best of him to make his decision.

Ulla peaked over, looking very well rested. "Yeah! Let's go home~" The child said cheerfully as she got down from Leon's grasp as she pulled out the orb that held the Soul Heart. She held it close to her heart "Don't worry. We'll be together and be best friends soon enough."  

Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:51 pm
I felt a weight shift on the couch I was sitting on before I realized what had happened. By the time I noticed Leon and Ulla, Keiko was already hugging the latter. "I'm glad you're feeling better," I smiled, but left the two alone for now, and turned my gaze back to Sub.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games