Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
GGG Most WANTED ~ CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New RN's. How bout it?
I desire to serve the Mistress and her ladies unconditionally
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
I just want a drink
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
Say What?
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Oh gawd. How am I going to walk in those heels?
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

JJ Kooms rolled 5 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 4, 6, 4 Total: 19 (5-30)

JJ Kooms

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 pm

J.J. Kooms

"Life wouldn't be worth it without fine drink and fine food."

"Once bitten, twice shy, huh?" JJ chuckled at Kat's declaration. "Well, I don't know what I would do just yet, though the cathedral was gorgeous. Does that building also belong to Psy, or is it just located near her estate?"
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 pm

"Just located near the estate. She was hell bent on having a traditional ceremony, so it's a good thing Dougherty is Catholic too. biggrin Otherwise, he would have had to convert, and go to classes and lord knows what else."

She finished off her coffee and set the empty cup aside.

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

JJ Kooms rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 5, 6, 1 Total: 21 (5-30)

JJ Kooms

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:57 pm

J.J. Kooms

"Lucky him." JJ sipped his beer thoughtfully. "One of the problems of working for gods and goddesses outside the established religious canon; ther's no such thing as an Erisian Marriage Ceremony." he grinned. "Though, I doubt the Goddess would object if you invented your own."

((Walking home; back in 20 minutes biggrin ))
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:02 pm

She smiled and got up to make a vodka and cranberry-pomegranate juice.

"Well, considering it's highly doubtful I'll get married anytime soon, I don't have too much to worry about. wink "

She squeezed some lime into her drink and returned to her seat at the bar.

((No prob, watching Saiyuki and baking cookies biggrin ))

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

JJ Kooms rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 3, 2, 3 Total: 17 (5-30)

JJ Kooms

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:39 pm

J.J. Kooms

"Gotcha." JJ finished off his beer and stood, bringing it around to the recycling bin. "I haven't given it too much thought myself, either - too much travel and not enough time at home, for now." He stretched. "I'd need to request for a specific area, not world-wide. Though, frankly, I enjoy my job too much right now."
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:45 pm

"I know what you mean....I enjoy my job here. There are times I miss the adrenaline rush from my former occupation, though."

She gave JJ a grin, "Probably a good thing too....I don't think Justin's department would be very forgiving of him otherwise. xd "

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

JJ Kooms rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 5, 3, 6 Total: 22 (5-30)

JJ Kooms

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:52 pm

J.J. Kooms

"He works with William, doesn't he?" JJ scanned the shelves, looking for something to strike his eye. Nothing in particular stood out, so he went to the fridge for another Dead Guy. As the top clinked into the recycling, he looked back at Kat. "I thought i overheard something about him covering for Will while he was on his honeymoon; I guess his division wouldn't want a second officer gone while at the same time, huh."
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:58 pm

She smiled, "He's Dougherty's partner. But he's trying to move forward in the department so that he won't have to work such odd hours. It makes it difficult on us, but we're trying to make it work. I just have to keep my eye on the big picture and try not to get disappointed when I don't get to see him."

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

JJ Kooms rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 1, 2, 6 Total: 16 (5-30)

JJ Kooms

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:11 pm

J.J. Kooms

"Makes sense." JJ sipped at his beer, returning to his seat at the bar. "Advancement usually goes hand-in-hand with choice of work; I used to get stuck with all the weird places for food analysis, though it was also partial weeding-out." JJ smiled weakly. "I still take jobs like that just to keep my edge, but those first few months were... tough, to say the least."
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:12 pm

She took a sip of her drink and smiled at him. "I sense story time....I'm sure you have a good one from those early days still lingering around. biggrin "

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Yay! Story time! blaugh Where's the popcorn? mrgreen Are there dragons involved? surprised Dragons are scary. Is it a scary story?
JJ Kooms rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 3, 6, 3 Total: 15 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 pm

J.J. Kooms

JJ smiled as Miro joined in, setting his beer down on the bar behind him. "Alright, story time. This was before I was a wind mage, even, so I had nothing but my own strength and one of my two swords, Heartsbane." He settled more comfortably onto the barstool. "It was a location in Budapest, on the Buda side of the River Danube; I had gotten a confirmed report that they were cutting cocaine in the back and then distributing it with delivered food to their street dealers." He paused to take a sip of beer. "Mind you, Hungary has been in a bit of a sorry state since about 1920, and the German occupation followed by Russian occupation during the Cold War didn't help. People were sent to the gulag simply for being outside past curfew... I digress.

"I took out the guards with two strikes each to the temple; rattles the brain and causes a light concussion. When I got inside the warehouse, though..." He shuddered slightly. "Ever seen a minigun up close? Those things fire between 2,000 - 6,000 rounds per minute... and they had three of them trained on the door." He tapped his left shoulder. "Blew my left arm clear off, among other injuries; I managed to grab it and get out the door somehow before they realized I was still alive. I blacked out halfway to the safe house; thankfully, one of the other agents in the area picked me up. He had a cleric with him, so my arm was back on in an instant." He sighed. "I went back two days later and showed them what hell on earth could look like." He smiled. "No deaths, though. Just very, very, very severe injuries."

JJ Kooms

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 pm

:: sits on the floor a bit away from the other two as the guy in the suit starts telling his story. When he finishes, she throws her hands up in a cheer ::
Yay! Cleric saves the day! blaugh Miro likes that story 3nodding Miro thought mages couldn't use swords, though confused
JJ Kooms rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 2, 3, 4 Total: 19 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:46 pm

J.J. Kooms

"Says who?" JJ smiled. "I started out on swords to begin with, so when Eris forced... suggested I take up an element, I went with wind and incorporated it into my style. If life were an RPG, I'd probably be your "Mage Swordsman", balanced in both but not really mastering in either." He sighed. "Which is nice, because it allows for versatility, but I just started wind work not too long ago, so I'm still working on the basics, and it's still exhausting to perform."

JJ Kooms

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Says peoples that studied brains and stuff 3nodding

The instincts one uses when they take up a martial art, including swordplay, uses a different part of the brain than where magic abilities such as summoning come from. The more a person develops and fine tunes their physical prowess and instincts, the more the body relies on that part of the brain for their thinking activity, thus making it difficult or even at times impossible to properly utilize the other parts of the brain.

Mages from where Miro comes from don't take up any martial arts and just focus on developing their magic, since it wouldn't matter if they couldn't dodge or take a punch if the one who would cause them harm is burnt to a crisp before they even have a chance to get close. 3nodding

Miro wants soda blaugh
:: gets up and skips over to the fridge ::
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games