Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:22 pm
Reno Vantas
From the back of the room, a single word would pierce through the miasma of paranoia and petty efforts to get Sub back for ruining his one good moment to explain things and draw Reno's eyes suddenly towards Robert. "Did ya say....Galar?" Reno said, a very familiar accent slipping into his voice as he examined the man for a moment. "Bloody 'ell, I thought I'd never hear about that place again! Had the greatest lil sports match 'round, with those nutso fans yellin' at everyone!" Finally hearing exactly how he sounded in that moment, Reno would feel his eyes widen and give a small cough to cover up exactly how much he had just fanboyed for a country. "Uh......I may have caught a few of the Gym matches on TV when I was younger and got...really taken with the more rowdy fans. Never did more due to how young and lacking in.....everything I was, but....please tell me how to get there. I must know. So I can compete." Reno exclaimed, a manic grin slowly spreading across his face as new plots began to dance their way through his head.

Sub slowly turned his head towards Reno as he heard the young man's accent suddenly boil up to the surface, the Snagem leader taken back by it. "Oh...kay...and here I was hoping that got knocked out your head for good. There was a reason why I never had the urge to visit Galar and that horrid accent is one of them. The other is it's hell getting a visa to travel there if you're not famous. They even tried to ban certain species of Pokemon from their region, back in the day!" The man said, admitting that he was aware of Galar but had never visited it himself, one of the few regions on this planet he can say he had yet to set foot on. "Please tell me you're not going to start blowing stuff up again. We already got our hands full with Beau, don't need another pyro."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:37 pm
"I heard Galar!" Kaya yipped as he skidded to a stop behind Odd, a surprising amount of excitement in his voice compared to his normally calm demeanor.

"I've always wanted to visit my homeland but my family wouldn't ever take me..." He announced, revealing a factoid even Lykas hadn't ever known about him. "Tell me we're gonna go! Please!?"  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:42 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
"I heard Galar!" Kaya yipped as he skidded to a stop behind Odd, a surprising amount of excitement in his voice compared to his normally calm demeanor.

"I've always wanted to visit my homeland but my family wouldn't ever take me..." He announced, revealing a factoid even Lykas hadn't ever known about him. "Tell me we're gonna go! Please!?"

"Yeeeaaah, I'm going to need you to dial that down to a four, five at most." Sub said as he approached Kaya, egg case under one arm, using the other free one to press his hand against Kaya's forehead and gently pushed him down into a nearby chair. "Not saying no to visiting that land of miserable mumble mouths but not saying yes just yet either. I'm not even sure if our permit to travel through any region includes Galar, considering they stayed totally out of the war. I'll have to look into that."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:00 pm
I was passing through the small area that linked the main lobby to the rest of headquarters when I heard the last thing I wanted to hear ever. Galar. I still vividly how I raged when I learned of Galar's involvement in the founding of Unova, and that only learning that Unova got a Pokemon League sanction whereas Galar didn't have one made me forget it at all. Whatever I was heading towards or about to do was immediately dropped in favor of looking at the Galarian stranger in disgust, though said disgust wasn't aimed at him. Soon, my gaze wasn't directed him, either, as I fell into a slump while taking a seat, holding my head in my hands.

"I think I'm going to be sick," I said finally, potentially alerting the others in the lobby to my presence as I sat at one of the many couches and held my head in my hands, staring at the unrecognized eggs with hopeless abandon. My worst fears have been realized.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:12 pm
Ulla listened to everyone's conversations about the Galar region as she looked up to her brother. "Have our family been there?" The man merely shook his head. "As far as I know. No. We merely stayed on our island in Alola and sometimes visiting other regions like Unova and Hoenn. Never Galar." He said as he noticed his sister go over to Kaya. "You're from the Galar region? What's it like? Is there a lot more Fairy Pokemon there?" She asked very curiously.

Leon merely smirked as he then heard Ter's comment about being sick. "I forgot, your region and the Galar region don't really see eye to eye am I correct?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:20 pm
"No idea. I've never paid attention to what they think about my region. I just took a personal pleasure in knowing that they had no League sanction while I had one to look forward to back home, but it seems like I can't take solace in that anymore," I explained to Leon, likely sounding more than a little grumpy. Part of me knew I was taking this farther than I needed to, but this was an issue I had since I was a kid and part of the reason I grew to be so patriotic, so I couldn't help being a little immature about it. It was fortunate for me that Keiko wasn't around to try to get me to talk about why this was bugging me so much. I didn't exactly feel like sharing.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Kaya gave Sub a somewhat embarrassed grin as he was told to calm down, then looked to Ulla as Sub explained the writ of passage the team had earned not entirely covering Galar being a possibility. He shook his head as the young girl asked him questions about the region. "I couldn't say with any degree of certainty." He told her with a sigh. "When the three of us, my twins and I, were born, our parents decided to move away from the town we were all born in and we ended up moving to Kanto before we were old enough to have much more than vague recollections." He explained. "They refused to take the three of us back as we got older, for some reason, so I haven't seen it since I was 3 or 4."

His eyes appeared to become glazed with memory as he recalled what he could, though. "I remember I was born in a town called 'Ballonlea'. It's a very small town built in a deep forest where glowing mushrooms grow as big as full grown men. I remember there was a Gym where my oldest brother used to dream of challenging the gym leader but I can't remember much else about it. The Pokemon a mystery to me as much as the identity of the gym leader." He told the young girl.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:32 pm
Reno Vantas

Requiem of Whyspers

TerashiLeonGoken

"Oh, right, I forgot there was one other I've heard that accent from aside from Robert there," Sol remarked, hearing Reno suddenly go from playing 20 Questions to something that rivaled some of the more... extreme forms of Unovan fanaticism, and followed by Terashi's apparent disdain. "Still, I've the feeling I'm among the few to somehow not catch wind of that region somehow. Bit disappointed in myself."

"Nutso fans...? Now that you put it that way, I think I remember whispers among the Ranger Union years ago about a region that seemed to make a huge spectacle out of Pokemon battles compared to others, but none of them liked talking about it much," Cera chimed in, making a note to stay further away from Reno than usual. "I wonder if it's the same one? Then again, some of them also mentioned weird stuff like using only one Pokemon to actually fight and two others providing support, so maybe not. Or they're two different places; I don't know, I didn't bother to do much research since getting info was harder than getting a Lava Cookie out from under a truck's tire."

"Uh, are you alright over there?" Aden asked, looking to Terashi. "You look like someone kicked the family Houndour."

Amaranth looked like she wanted to ask more, but between the reactions of the others and her own uncertainties, she refrained from speaking.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:24 pm
Reno look between the two points of debate, already intensely on the side of visiting Galar. So, rather than join the actual debate, Reno would set himself at work determining the exact position of Galar in regards to their current writ of passage from the Pokemon league, sending messages to everyone he knew within the system to check and double check this information, and a few inquiries as to the particular status Snagem would enjoy in regards to the Gym Challenge. He wanted in and desperately. Also, all of this would be blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention, if not from Reno's mumbling then due to the fact his entire system was a holographic display coming out of his palm. Offhandedly in the middle of his desperate information hunt, Reno would turns towards Terashi and casually add, "Calm down, Captain Unova. Just because you're jealous that Galar made a better spectacle of Gym Challenges than your country doesn't mean you need to ruin this new development for me."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:30 pm
Jezebel came running at full speed into the room that had everyone talking about Galar. "Did someone mention Galar!?" Not watching her step she tripped and turned into doing a barrel roll of performance. "OW!" she stated after she stopped.

Getting up and composing herself, "Oh they have some dreaming foods!! So rich, savory, food that sends the pallet into a world of pure excitement." She said as her eyes turned into space. Her arms wrapped around herself with drops of drool dripping from her mouth. She continued, " I have seen the vast majority of Galar cooking shows, from Sliced, all the way to Dante's Kitchen nightmares

"So many dishes to taste, so many sweet desserts, oh the infinite flavors and combination." She went back off into her fantasyland of cooking, her little chef was start to moisten at the mouth from all the Description.

Arkelos

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:37 pm
Robert nodded to Sol. “Yeah, an’ I know I’ve seen yeh around a time or two. Kinda ‘ard teh miss a rather colorful person such as yehrself. An’ if knowin’ dis lass ‘ere didn’t get meh in trouble,” he replied, pointing over to Aile, “meh mouth mighta gotten meh in trouble eventually. Mind, dat wasn’t pleasant, but… “ Robert shrugged, looking at the egg he carried. “An yeah, Galar is very… Well, can be very closed minded when it comes to Pokémon, they’re not terribly fond of non native Pokémon. Sadleh.” The old man then looked at Sub and chuckled. “I dunno about any of deh starters, dese were some special favors I pulled, but I already have some more eggs on dere way from Galar. Figured dat we shouldn’t leave oders out, especially since I’m givin’ dese out publicly now. Speakin of dat.” He looked at the Scorbunny egg he held then shrugged. “I hope yeh don’ mind, lad, but I tink dat I know who Scorbunny’ll beh goin’ wit.” He’d hold out the egg towards Sol. “Tink yeh might beh deh perfect trainer fer dis one.”

The Blissey would look at Amaranth once she heard the question and leer at her. This would case Robert to laugh heartily. “Oh lass, yeh know dat yeh shouldn’t ask a woman her age. But he’s been wit meh fer quite a while now. She helps when someone’s ‘ad juuuust a bit too much. Deh eggs she offers can ‘elp sober yeh up just a bit. Not wrong about when we met, dough.”

Both Aile and Robert would turn to Reno when he chimed in with his accent, with Aile tilting her head and Robert shaking his head. “Oi, yeh lot… Sandeh, yeh got an interestin’ crew yehr wit.”

“Yeah, and? I’m not that interested in Galar myself, but then again, our countries’ history doesn’t lend well to a Kalosian heading over there, either. Even more than a Unovan,” Aile would mention, looking at Ter. “At the very least, most of the standard bad blood’s been sorted out, at least because of the longer distance. Kalos and Galar’s never really gotten along too much, and they're only separated by a channel swimmable in a marathon. At most, they've tolerated each other.”

“Which is why yehr lucky yeh learned how teh drop yehr accent, lass. Otherwise, I probably woulda left yeh out dere in deh desert. Anyhoo…. Most of yeh lot seem interested in heading to Galar den, eh? Other region patriots, aside.”  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:37 pm
"I'd rather not talk about it," I told Aden, trying desperately to rein myself in. Though Reno helped greatly in that endeavor, for what was clearly meant to be an insult brought a smile to my face. I mean, I hadn't even seen the Galar Gym circuit yet, but if Reno was going to throw me a freebie, how could I not catch it?

"You know, that sounds like an accurate description of what the Galar Gym Circuit is. Thank you, Reno," I said, feeling a lot better having said that.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:44 pm
Sub couldn't help but laugh at Terashi and his burning patriotism towards Unova and thus utter disdain for Galar, the colonizer and former overlord of what would become today's Unova. He didn't realize centuries later there were still Unovans, or even Galarians for that mater, still bent out of shape over the Revolutionary War. "I'll have to keep your patriotism in mind in case a future mission comes across my desk concerning Galar. I suppose you won't be the most unbiased person concerning matters there." He commented at Terashi.

"Yeah, the Ranger Union hates Galar, possibly just as much as Terashi over here. Exactly because of how obsessed they are with Pokemon battles. No other region holds a candle to their passion for pitting animals against each other. Team Plasma might have a collective heart attack if they ever stepped foot in that region." He responded to Cera.

"Uh...remind me to check the cable bill. I didn't know we got Galarian networks." He said, hearing Jezebel go on about how much she loved Galarian cooking shows.

When Robert spoke up he needed approvingly, that was actually his next question. "Good, thanks a ton for this, Robert. Can't wait to see what kind of eggs come in. I've always been interested in Galarian Pokemon." He responded to Robert.

"You can say that again." He responded to Aile. "These days Unova and Galar got past their sour history together almost completely, despite how Terashi may might you believe. But Kalos and Galar? That bitter rivalry is still as alive as ever. Mostly with good nature ribbing and manifesting their rivalry in competitions but still. It's very much there."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:50 pm
Reno would narrow his eyes in that moment towards Terashi, staring at the man for a moment. "Y'know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were somehow insulting wanting some actual fanfare around an event. Gimme a stadium, a crowd, and a great fight any day over sequestering away in some stuffy gym to stare at the ceiling for three days straight." Reno shot back, just waiting to see if Terashi bit the bait and got fired up. If he was going to try and hustle his way into the big show in Galar, he needed somebody from Snagem to compete with at the end. He had Sub for the Johto/Kanto League, but who would he have for Galar except the most bitter anti-Galarian around?  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:10 pm
"IF a mission comes up in Gaylar, I'll put my issues aside for the team," I told Sub, meaning that with every fiber of my being. Of course, it helped that I'd pretty much calmed myself down at this point. That would change, if ever so slightly, at Reno's words, which caught my attention. "You can have your fanfare. Because while you're mesmerized by the glitter and fireworks, you'll miss the crucial moment when the battle is turned around on you, and by then, you've already lo-"

I felt something in that moment. Some glimmer of hope, of all things. Did I get a glimpse of Reno's mind? And what did he have to be hopeful about while spouting this drivel? The answer came to me shortly after, and with it, I realized what he was trying to do. I almost laughed, but I stopped myself when I realized that this would be the perfect opportunity to put our differences to bed, figuratively speaking.

"You know, if I were inclined to this sort of behavior, I'd tell you to put your Snag Coins where your pie hole is," I told the other Psychic Channeler. "But since this is a matter of pride, let's put said pride to the test. The second we're both able, we're running a monotype race. First one to beat the Galarian Champion wins. The only rule is that you can only use Psychic-type Pokemon whilst in Galar, no matter who you're fighting. How about it?"  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games