Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:48 pm
As the others carried on their discussions, a fourth member of Lykas' ever growing harem would appear with an egg in hand. "Did anyone else get something like this recently? " Wren would ask as he felt the egg in his hands vibrate ever so slightly, like the creature inside was eager to burst out. "I got this in a delivery from some giant bird Pokemon I've never seen before a few days ago."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:27 am
SubonicXP

Espeon_Commander

"Given the climate and how apt Ein was to silence anyone and everyone he could, you're not wrong. Does sound like we might want to be careful if we go there. Or, I suppose the better term's when. Things seem to have a way of leading us to a lot of places, so I'd be surprised if we don't end up there sooner or later- er." Sol would be found to have less words when he was suddenly given the egg that apparently housed a Scorbunny-to-be. Whatever that was. "Huh. If anything, I should be repaying you... they'll be in great hands, I assure you." What words he could give would have to do; much as he'd have given a small smile in thanks, he still hadn't sorted out how to do that with a beak.

"E-err, sorry," Amaranth spoke up to the Blissey, arms raised for a second. "Most don't see one as well traveled, that's all. Reminds me a bit of myself and Gale, really. Just not nearly as long-" She'd cut herself off upon finally realizing Robert's mention about more eggs being on the way. "I, um. I think they might've beaten you to the punch a bit. I've got an egg in my room that came from some delivery service I never heard of a day or two ago. I think the logo said CorEx or something?"

"I can't say a whole lot. I still remember playing with Arcanine a lot when I was a kid, so he's gotta be getting up there too," Aden added, scratching his head a bit.

"Doubt he minded getting to just be the family dog for a while," Sol chimed in.

"Except for the time where I wanted to shake his paw and got knocked over for the effort."

"You were five, to be fair. And I did try to tell you to be careful."

Not sure of what to say to that one, Aden would open his mouth for a second and close it, opting to look to Terashi and shrug instead. "Fair enough."

"That sounds about right," Cera said with a sigh, shaking her head. "Most of them would rather settle matters without a fight, and having to deal with underground battling rings wasn't exactly unheard of. Small wonder why some of them are so jaded about it, especially if a region like that's as fired up about battling as it is."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:02 am
While I was beating Reno to his own conclusion, Absinthe was laying about an empty corner of the main lobby, grumbling to herself about how exactly she was supposed to un-~/~ her party. Keiko, who was likewise not entrenched in conversation with others, sat beside Abby and put a box down by her lap. "This came in the mail for you. Whoever sent it said to wait for Christmas to give it to you, but you look like you could use the pick me up."

Abby, in a depressed state, grabbed the box, but perked up immediately when she saw who it was from. "Dad!" she whispered, before pulling the box open. Inside was a card and a black shirt with a shiny logo. Pulling them out, Abby first looked at the shirt, saw that the logo was of a winged skull with fire spouting of the top of its head, with the word 'DETERMINATION' beneath it. It was prismatic, and changed depending on the light, but in the artifical light of the lobby it shone all the colors of the rainbow.

Abby gawked at the shirt a bit before looking at the card. The exterior was entirely blank, but on the inside was a single passage that Abby recognized immediately as being her father's handwriting. "Don't give up, kid. We're rooting for ya." Abby's eyes were wide, and the darkness and despair in her heart had been wholly replaced with hope and, as Chaos intended, determination. But her surprises wouldn't end there, for as Abby looked up, she noticed the Shadow Vaccine in Keiko's hand. "Terashi and I got you a little something, too."

Abby hugged Keiko immediately, but before the Lopunny hybrid could return the hug, the adolescent was gone, running off to her room first, then the training room.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:15 pm
Reno would raise an eyebrow before turning to face Terashi. Well, at least he made his emotions strong enough for the empath to pick up on what he as laying down. But still...."Oh, c'mon. Make it harder for me. I alreadddddyyyyy run around with a full Psychic team. Make me use my less used Pokemon. Make me have to grab some of the region's Psychic types. I dunno, make me use your Psychic types. Something. I wanna make this fair for you." Reno pleaded, clasping his hands together as he did his best to accept the challenge and guarantee it was interesting.

-------

Meanwhile, up in her room, Aria would be in a staring contest with the world's largest Murkrow. Damned thing looked like it was made of metal now it was so big. And it had....an egg for her. staring between the egg and the strange bird, Aria would give a slight nod and watch the thing take off like a glorious metal death being. Wherever that thing was from, she wanted to go right now.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:29 pm
This could only serve to confuse me further. "You... only use your psychic-types for everything?" I asked, giving him a look that was equal parts 'why' and 'what is wrong with you' until inspiration was gained. "Oh, right, you probably don't even battle competitively outside of Snagem," I muttered to myself, although Reno would undoubtedly pick up on it.

I thought for a second how to spice this run up a bit as Reno seemed to be asking, but some looming concerns sprung up. "Well, I COULD say that we have to use a Psychic monotype team composed solely of Pokemon caught in Galar, but not only would that turn my stomach more than the thought of even setting foot in that horrid place already has, but I'm not even sure that there are enough Psychic-types native to Galar to fill a complete team. Even if there are, there's not likely to be enough to give us both wholly unique teams. We'll probably end up having roughly the same Pokemon at the end of it."

That all said, I not only ignored the 'make this fair for you' comment, but resisted the urge to flip the pseudo-Galarian the Flying-type, so to speak. I had no evidence up until this point to suggest that Reno's even set foot in a League-sanctioned arena before, whereas I've been actively collecting badges for several months, now. Taking my time with it, sure, but still.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 pm
Reno looked at Ter with a look of disappointment before casually throwing a small cartridge case full of badges into Terashi's lap and putting on a familiar set of sunglasses from the gym explainer guy. "I can channel when I'm not fighting competitively and I like to lead the charge. So it behooves me to not be lacking any of my skills out in the field when I do that. But right there? 8 Kanto Gym Badges, obtained thanks to using ALL my Pokemon. Including fighting Blaine with another Fire type and beating up Blue with my Cloyster." Letting it sink in for a moment, Reno would pick up and shut the loaded badge case. "You're probably right on the lack of other Pokemon though. But I still wanna try and grab a local flavor. See what exactly its like over there." Putting away the badge case, Reno would twirl the pair of sunglasses around in his hand before placing them back into some hidden pocket within his jacket.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:47 pm
I felt my elitism go flaccid when I saw Reno's badges. They were Kantonian badges, too - the second region I was planning on running when I collected all the badges in Unova. But what really bit into my pride was the fact that he had more badges than I did at this point, though I hid that sensation from him fairly well, despite Reno's mind-reading. "Huh... Well, you've got me beat. You make the rules, then," I said, letting Reno reclaim his badges. "Within reason, anyway. I reserve the right to veto whatever I see fit."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Reno would simply tell Ter, "We go mono Psychic. I try and catch a local Pokemon, you do so if you can find one you like, and whoever ends up higher ranked in the system over there wins. Sound good?"  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 pm
Higher ranked? What, do they handle this like an actual tournament instead of... no, there was no point in speculating. I would see for myself in due time. "Much as I feel like I'm selling my soul by agreeing to this... yeah, sure. You have a deal."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:07 am
TerashiLeonGoken

Reno Vantas

"The contract is sealed!" Sub shouted as he jumped in between Terashi and Reno, a throw from the couch draped over him like some sort of in opportune robe. "Acceptable antes include blood, soul, body limbs, first born children, and indefinite servitude. I don't think you're any good for at least one of those, Reno." He said, surprising a giggle as he poked his metal arm, promptly walking off after making his joke.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

DignityPower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:41 pm
As all the children in the HQ spent their time being productive, Veronica spent all of her week in bed resting. It had been a fun mission, sure, but all the recent training had worn her out. She wasn't even gonna bother looking outside her door, but then the room started to shake. Her eyes snap open, although her body was slower to react, her mind took in all of the vision it could to find the source of the bothersome movement. After all, it wasn't an Earthquake. It was just the warmed up egg next to her hatching. "Janrrr." It said. The four legged critter crashed into Veronica's face with its heart shaped forehead
"What the ******** are you?" She managed to say as the headbut finally got her to move, a feat indeed. "ohohohoh!" It laughed. Checking her dex, it seemed to be a Jangmo-o. Veronica just stared at the strange thing she couldn't understand where it came from. She whined, "Not another little one to train..." She set him down on the ground and sent out her Mudkip and Eevee to play with while she kept sleeping. She knew that wouldn't last long but at least five more minutes...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:01 pm
As Wren listened to the others with their discussions, the egg in his hands began to shake and jump, glow and crack before, finally, with a mighty "crack", it burst apart in a shower of light and shell fragments. In all the flash and fanfare, Wren found his hands empty afterward. He'd expected to be holding some infant Pokemon but where was it? "I'm confused..." he started, shaking his hands as he dropped the remaining egg fragments in his hands. "Did I get a dud? Do Poke lay bad eggs?" He questioned, reaching up to scratch his head in his confusion. The astute watching him would see his head wrap shift slightly as he hand drew closer to his head and, as he began to scratch, a pair of leaf-like eyes would poke out from beneath it, looking over the world around them. "Ap?" It questioned quietly, inquisitively. The littlest wyrm had joined the clan, though Wren wouldn't know it yet, too lost in though to hear it's voice just yet.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:15 pm
"You're not getting any of my children, first off. Keiko would kill you before you could get close to them," I remarked to Sub. But before I could give Sub any crap for his comment, I felt Keiko distressing greatly. Worried, I stood up. "We'll work out the details later," I told Reno before making my way upstairs.

Once I got up to the room I shared with Keiko, I found said hybrid cowering in a corner from a comical dustcloud being stirred but what I had to assume was one or more Pokemon. "You alright?" I asked.

"I'll be fine, just stop them!" Keiko whined, pointing at the aformentioned dustcloud. It took me a minute to realize that one of the Pokemon as Audrey, Keiko's Audino. I started to tell Keiko to recall her, but saw that Keiko didn't have her Pokeballs on her belt. Looking around, I saw an open ball next to the remains of an egg... maybe the one we got a couple of missions ago? Short on options, I took the ball and aimed it at the dustcloud. Surprisingly, it recalled Audrey, proving that it was her ball. As Audrey returned to her ball, the cloud settled, revealing a pokemon I didn't recognized, but that was clearly agitated.

It looked straight at Keiko who was clearly rattled, and the new Pokemon seemed to react to her emotion, as if it sensing Keiko's fear was what was angering it so. In response, I used my bond with Rala and the Betyl Stone to Psion Split my way between the two. Once in position, I looked down at it and cleared my mind, forcing myself into a state of non-emotion. This seemed to not only calm the creture, but make it somewhat happy. As it teleported to my shoulder to hug me, I turned to Keiko to ask what happened, only for it to hiss at her. I patted its hatlike head and it calmed itself.

"It hatched... from that egg. I thought it was cute and wanted to hug it, but it attacked me," Keiko explained, holding back tears. "Audrey came out of her ball to save me, but it hated her even more."

Before I could comment on that, Rala let herself out of her ball, and the anger she felt was riling up the newborn in my arms. "Master, put it down."

"Calm down, Rala," I ordered, trying to defuse the situation, but saying that only infuriated my channeling partner further. "Master, that thing attacked Mistress because she felt happy! It attacked her for showing emotion, as if sentient beings shouldn't be allowed to SHOW emotion! It's LITERALLY my polar opposite, like a CRAPPY EVIL TWIN!"

"It's a BABY, Rala!" I said as calmly as I could muster despite getting a bit annoyed at Rala. "It doesn't know any better. It's literally acting on instinct right now. It can learn to respect the emotions of others given time," I explained.

"You're biting off more than you can chew, you know." GRAY spoke up. "According to its entry in the Galarian Pokedex, its entire evolutionary line acts out whenever it senses emotion. Gardevoir is right, you're better off throwing it to the Usaring."

"Thank you!" Rala shouted at GRAY. At this point, the only thing keeping the baby Pokemon from going on another rampage was my forceful stoicism.

"I am NOT going to let a CHILD out into the wilderness without any parents to take care of it," I said forcefully despite trying to not show any emotion in the process. To prove my point, I took an empty Pokeball out of my pack.

"Master, please, no-" Rala shouted, but before she could say anything else, the Hatenna was already caught. Rala sighed loudly as she realized it was too late. "I will respect your decision, Master, but I DO NOT have to like that THING!"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," I insisted, letting the Galarian Psychic-type fade into the Snagem Pokemon Storage System. "Of course it had to be from Galar," I muttered to myself afterward. Though it didn't take me but a second afterward to remember Keiko, who was now pushing herself up. "You okay?"

"I'm glad you came for me," she replied, giving me a tight hug and letting her eyes dry on my shirt. Rala, at the very least glad that Keiko was safe, let herself back in her ball. "What were you and Reno talking about, by the way?" Keiko asked, bringing the focus away from her encounter with the newly-hatched Hatenna. I saw you talking to him while I was bringing Abby her mail."

"Probably a horrible mistake on my part," I admitted, recalling my conversation with the other Psychic Channeler in the team. "Nothing I can take back now, though... speaking of Abby, how's she doing? I heard she's been in a bit of a funk lately."

Crappy segues aside, Abby could be found in the training room with a purified Combusken coming to beside her, having just had a Shadow Vaccine used on her. Said young trainer was hugging said purified Combusken, looking very happy. "I'm glad you're back to normal," Absinthe muttered, taking another moment before finally releasing Angela. "That said, I know you were doing it to save me, but you REALLY gotta start listening to me, okay? I know you're basically immune to the Shadow Virus now but I do NOT want you getting seriously hurt or worse for my sake ever again, okay? Don't make me worry like that."

Angela, having not been blessed with the gift of human speech that her mother and brother have, simply stood there for a bit, until Abby remembered something and pulled her Destiny Stone out. "By the way, there's enough juice in this thing now to bring you the rest of the way to evolving you into a Blaziken if you want. If you'd rather earn the evolution, that's fine, too. I just wanted to offer you this now that you can actually use it,"

Abby held the Stone up to Angela, who took a minute to make up her mind before placing a talon on the Stone and drawing power from it. By the time Abby had put the Destiny Stone away, Angela was a Blaziken, and Abby hugged her again. "Okay, that just leaves one of my Pokemon that needs evolving, but that can wait. Come on, let's go back out there and enjoy what time we have left before Ein's replacement eventually shows up," Abby offered, letting Angela stay out of her ball if she so wanted. The Blaziken didn't have any objections.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:24 am
Requiem of Whyspers

"Much as some would like to tell tall tales of eggs that never hatch or somehow hatch into another egg, the truth of it's that they do... for lack of a better term, have a sort of miscarriage sometimes. Though, in more fortunate news, you might want to free your friend from that wrap of yours," Sol explained, noticing the odd eyes. He had no idea what it was at all; he just didn't want Wren to accidentally squish it or something. He wouldn't have much longer to be concerned about that when the egg he had been given bounced its way out of his arms, causing him to instinctively fumble with it as he tried to catch it and finally doing so... after he was practically as flat on the floor as he could be.

"That was a bit closer than I'd have liked... would really prefer not to have Robert cross with me next time I pay a visit to the Krabby Club." The dilemma wouldn't end there as it bounced again and hit the floor, though the drop was thankfully not as far by comparison. As soon as it hit the floor, it'd start rolling at the nearest wall before Sol could scramble to his feet, bonk into it and making the egg crack and causing a pair of ears to pop out as its contents otherwise recoiled from the impact and found itself stuck in the remainder of the eggshell. With its feet kicking in an effort to escape.

"...and here I thought Xipil was rambunctious before he evolved," Sol commented, walking over to pick up the bits of shell- starting with the part that held a Scorbunny that really wanted to keep running, still kicking its feet all the while. "I can already tell I'll be having my hands full with you, won't I? You'll need to stop kicking- no. No. There."

Once it finally stopped, Sol was able to get Scorbunny freed, holding it out to get a better look. Already, he could sense a fair bit of Fire energy coming from it- and why Robert saw him as a good fit. "I wonder. Here, if you won't run ahead of me-"

Almost as soon as Scorbunny was set down, it set out to run down one of the hallways, leaving sparks and a few small flames with each step. "Right, freshly hatched, I'm pretty much trying to reason with a defiant toddler." Resigning himself to reign in both the Scorbunny and a lot of flames, he'd step on each flame to snuff them out as he went to catch up and with any luck, spend a little time in the super training room if only to burn up some of the Pokemon's energy.

"Well, I'm fetching some Water Gems to fireproof my room, excuse me." Cera remarked, taking off on her own accord and dreading what might happen if a Pokemon like that came in. Let alone Sol's Charizard.

"Wait a sec," Aden spoke up, stopping her for a second and handing a Pokeball over. "Here. Much of a help as she was, your Tyranitar kinda seemed a bit lost without you around. Probably missed you a lot and wasn't keen on being given up."

"Um... thanks?" Cera really wasn't sure of what to say to that; she still remembered the less-than-desirable events that had taken place, and why she'd given up the three that wanted to stay afterward. "I still think she'd be better with, yanno, an actual trainer instead of some Pokemon giving orders."

"Yeah, and you should know more than anyone who meshes well with who. Plus it was just as much her idea, too. Talked about you a lot when we had downtime... I had offered to just go back and make it like she was never given up in the first place, but neither of us exactly liked the idea much. She was invaluable as anyone else, but she'd much rather be with her first partner, as she put it."

Looking at the ball for a second, then at Aden, she was a bit speechless.

"Most people and Pokemon have a good idea of where home is to them, no matter of where or when that is... even if it's kinda hard to keep straight. Those ones that left you back then? Their home was the wild and they knew that. Kiri's is with you."

"R...right. Um, give me a bit..." Trying to maintain some sort of composure at that old bit of shame beginning to crack, Cera would float off with the ball, likely to her room. The fireproofing could wait.

---

In this time, Amaranth had returned to her own room. The egg that was delivered to her from that strange bird was sitting on a sort of makeshift nest, using a pillow and a couple of blankets to achieve the feat. If anything, it proved itself in keeping the egg still and warm, if a bit noisy with all the sounds it was making. She moved to pick it up and give it a better inspection, holding it up to her ear and getting a surprisingly loud chirp in return.

"Excuse me?" On instinct, she moved the egg back, and not a moment too soon; a beak would break through the shell before retracting and pecking again to crack open another hole. This was enough to have her set the egg back down, both for her own safety as well as whatever was trying to hatch out.

The combination of pecking a hole and retracting would continue until it managed a big enough hole to be seen a bit more, revealing a pair of red eyes and a feather pattern that seemed foreign to anything she knew of. Then came more cracking and breaking when it threw itself against the hole, managing to free itself. Luckily, Amaranth was able to catch it before it could fall far. "Hello there," she spoke up, hoping to get its attention as it righted itself and chirped.

"Now, what are you...?" She asked herself before sitting down on the floor and letting the bird down to hop around and get used to its surroundings, keeping an eye on it as she got her SNAG out. Maybe it'd have some info.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:01 pm
"Mama! Mama!" She yelled out running away from something as she had her arms over her head to protect her from something. "Papa! Pappppaaa!" She called out as she ran towards their room as she hid under the bed. She peaked out her head in fear as she looked over to them. "Did your PokeEgg hatch too?" She then heard footsteps heading this way as she disappeared under the bed once more.

That's when Leon peaked into the room in look for his sister. "Ulla I know you came in here. Apologize to the little guy now." He said as he had a little blue bird with red sharp eyes. He said as he noticed Ter and Keiko in here. "Sorry. Ulla kinda caused some trouble for my new partner." "I only said hi!" She yelled out as she poked her head out. Leon sighed as the bird started tweeting madly at the sight of Ulla. The bird then flew off Leon's shoulder as it started pecking Ulla's head. She screamed as Leon stopped the bird by grabbing it with two hands. "Ulla, right when it hatched you were not giving it any space."  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games