Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ❧ [ Hidden Leaf Village } Konohagakure
❧ || Ramen Shop Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:05 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
[ "A supplement to all others, yet weak on its own." ] tab
                  金繕い

Honō gave a small smile and bowed - this time he was careful to not be so formal, as it appeared to put Kagerou on the back foot
                    rather than make her comfortable. "Only my duty would prevent me from fulfilling your invite, Kagerou." He was a little hesitant to
                    call the kunoichi by her first name, as though looking to make sure it was appropriate, or even allowed. He had to bow his head to
                    enter the stand, his height putting him in danger of rumpling the flags further, or getting caught on some odd eccentricity of his
                    traditional Hari clothing that made him stand out in the not quite as traditional village of Konoha. "Thank you for inviting me to eat
                    with you." He adds as he passes Kagerou on the way in to take a seat. "Hearty meals are a go-to at home." He tries not to be a
                    downer with this conversation, mostly drawing upon his training in learning the tea ceremony to help him along, as well more recent
                    experiences. "Rice is common, so this is a bit of a treat." Regarding noodle dishes. Did he need to add that? He fidgets briefly,
                    making sure his clothing isn't in the way of others, and isn't an untidy sight. "Is there a popular choice?"

侘寂iii
                    x 375 / 375ch x x 375 / 375st x
                    tab

伝 ༔
                      Honō Hokori tab servile subdued veiled
                        : Kumogakure : C-Rank : Genin : Worker : 18 : Hari : 6'66" / 2.02m 72k / 158lbs

: Thigh-length, white, cotton haori has its sleeve cuffs edged in a blue strip of cotton. The hakama is cotton as well, with a gradient dye, going, top-down, white to a matching blue. The string ties, or 'himo,' are strands of glass beads, clear in colour and translucent. A matching necklace of these beads is worn around the neck. Underneath the haori, held up by a belt disguised under the tie of the hakama, are several pouches and a blade that, in any normal person's hand, would be would be described as a short sword. The hilt was clearly carved by hand, made of bone, yellowed with age. The blade bore jagged edges on the backside ( a boning edge ) while the other was razor sharp, curved wickedly at the end to act as a gutter. Stamped in the centre of the blade was a bear's paw surrounded in strangely shaped leaves. Traditional tabi, are also worn, marking this individual more of a civilian than a Kumogakure shinobi.

: When conversing, their eyes rarely meet the other person's, instead respectfully resting just beneath them, usually on the cheek bones. The walk with a demure air, posture relaxed and steps quiet, as though not to disturb. The hands are often clasped in front of them, as a servant does.
                    ༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 pm
User ImageIt was a little bit obvious. Hard for Kagerou to not notice that Hono was still trying really hard. It made her wonder for what purpose, and the only conclusion she could reach was that it was just character to accomodate. If she told him to relax, she figured that he would probably try only harder because he would think that she was uncomfortable because she thought he was uncomfortable so he would become more uncomfortable and she would think he was more uncomfortable so he would try harder to...

Well, the point was made.

Choosing to silently support his endeavors instead, Kagerou reciprocated his gratitude with a smile, "No problem. It's my first day here, so I'm grateful you agreed to accompany me. Eating alone is the worst." She took a seat and then, happening to see that Hono's sleeve was caught in his lap instead of draping down freely, pulled slightly on the ruffled sleeve to have it fall off the lap and then helped him straighten it.

Straightening up, Kagerou added, "I'm not sure what the specialty here is, so let's ask." In her peripheral vision, she could see that the ramen with a light colored broth appeared to be what most of the other customers were eating, so it looked like the soy ramen was the most popular. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask. She looked to those working at the stand, the owner and his assistant. They were both busy doing their job, their backs turned. Deciding that she would prefer to enjoy some conversation with Hono over bothering the hardworking chefs, she turned back to her companion, "Well, I guess we can wait for them to come to us. My family also usually eats rice. Though, sometimes we'll go out and have ramen. Seafood ramen is touted as Kiri's signature ramen, but honestly, I prefer tonkotsu ramen. Though, my mom says all that fat is bad for my skin, so I can't eat it whenever she's around." She started by looking at him, straight in the eyes as she usually did, but eventually as her words passed by, her eyes moved over to her hands, which had picked up a set of disposable chopsticks and taken them out of their packaging.

Making conversation with a smile, Kagerou's hands nimbly worked on the packaging. Thinking about her home, she folded it into a flower, the first shape her mind thought of. Once completed, she placed it on the table and rested her chopstick atop it. The piece was considered for a moment. The paper and what had crossed her mind when she was deciding on the shape. However, the latter would have to be something she resolved later. Not only was it impolite to Hono to be distracted like this, a flash of white that was spotted turning a corner was too little to make any sort of decision on and gut instincts was hardly solid evidence. Kagerou's eyes returned to Hono. After all, even her current dining companion had white hair.

On an impulse, Kagerou tacked on an out of place question, "By any chance, were you at the Hokage's office today?".

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:22 am
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō gave a sincere thank you to Kagerou for helping him with his burdensome sleeve, holding back from bowing his head beyond a considerate nod so as to not make the Kiri nin uncomfortable. He felt his mouth pull back in an almost adoring way as Kagerou showed patience and considration for the busy staff however. "Sounds nice, to go out with your family for dinner. My immediate family is quite large, and we work together so we take turns taking care of the children and cooking meals so everyone is looked after. But it also means I haven't tried many meals made outside the family cookbook. Being in the mountains, seafood isn't a common dish, either. I'd like to try more diverse foods where I can and learn about them. Like the Tonkatsu ramen," He tries to sound like he wasn't making this conversation about himself but as an actual conversation, the two of them including each other, learning and getting to know and... focus. "I wasn't aware it wasn't good for one's skin. Would that be... how it is cooked?" He guessed.

"Oh, that's pretty!" Honō quietly gushed at the completion of his companion's origami. It wasn't an artform he had taken much practice in, focusing either on when he was in his servant duties or - was it really appropriate to call Kagerou a companion? Was that too familiar? "Oh," Mossgreen eyes widened in surprise. "Yes." He added, suddenly distracted by the thought of the confidential meeting... Distract. Himself and his reactions. "Lord Shi Hokage has been very considerate and understanding of the Kumogakure presence here, despite the turmoil of the rebuilding of Konoha. I'm glad I've been able to be of some service to the village." A look of guilt crossed his features. "Despite my lack of experience." He reveals. "Did we pass each other, Kagerou? I apologise for not recognising you." He bows his head, a little deeper than when he thanked her earlier.

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

: Thigh-length, white, cotton haori has its sleeve cuffs edged in a blue strip of cotton. The hakama is cotton as well, with a gradient dye, going, top-down, white to a matching blue. The string ties, or 'himo,' are strands of glass beads, clear in colour and translucent. A matching necklace of these beads is worn around the neck. Underneath the haori, held up by a belt disguised under the tie of the hakama, are several pouches and a blade that, in any normal person's hand, would be would be described as a short sword. The hilt was clearly carved by hand, made of bone, yellowed with age. The blade bore jagged edges on the backside ( a boning edge ) while the other was razor sharp, curved wickedly at the end to act as a gutter. Stamped in the centre of the blade was a bear's paw surrounded in strangely shaped leaves. Traditional tabi, are also worn, marking this individual more of a civilian than a Kumogakure shinobi.

: When conversing, their eyes rarely meet the other person's, instead respectfully resting just beneath them, usually on the cheek bones. The walk with a demure air, posture relaxed and steps quiet, as though not to disturb. The hands are often clasped in front of them, as a servant does.
                    ༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 pm
User Image"The broth of tonkotsu ramen is very oily, so it's bad for the pores of your skin. That same oiliness is why it's so delicious, though," Kagerou answered the easiest question first as she put the finish touches on her origami flower. With only a little pause, she continued to contribute more information, "My family, on the other hand, isn't very big," politely reciprocating Hono's information, but less because she felt like it was appropriate to do and more because she also wanted to create a connection with the individual opposite of her. Find out more about him and what his tale was. Such things couldn't be done without giving a bit of herself as well, and Kagerou didn't mind that. He upbringing, however, had taught her otherwise. Trying to balance confidentiality with openness, Kagerou added, "We were a tight knit family. My parents had busy schedules, but every time they'd have a rare break together, we'd take a family trip outside of the village. I got to see and try a lot of new things that way."

Seeing Hono gush over her origami had Kagerou's smile, which had grown wistful with thoughts of her deceased friend, grow wider and stronger, more defined and present in the now rather than the past. She had half a mind to offer to teach him, but first, the answer to her question. As he answered, her eyes bored into Hono's with an intensity she wasn't aware of. An approachable expression but with laser-focused eyes.

Once the affirmative was given, Kagerou's gaze relaxed. It wasn't definitive, but she might as well think that the glimpse of white she had seen had been Hono. After all, what was chasing a ghost going to do for her?

So far, all it seemed to do was distract her. Just now, it had felt like was Hono even more self conscious, trying even harder. There could only be one cause, and that cause had just told herself, not even a few minutes ago, that she would try her best to support his endeavors. Now, here she was being awfully rude and getting distracted.

Perking up, Kagerou's following answers to Hono's questions came with gusto, "No, no, don't apologize. All I saw was a bit of white turning the corner near the hokage's office, so it might not even have been you. Don't know why I mentioned it, really. Ahaha." Her laughter rang with the bells on her wrist as she quickly waved her hand in front of her face, deflecting Hono's apology.

"Anyways," Kagerou began to turn the conversation around before catching movement in her peripheral vision. She paused and turned to the approaching server girl.

"Irraishimase!" the cute assistant bowed and loudly greeted, "sorry for the late greeting. We didn't notice you come in earlier. What would you like to order?" She straightened up and, with notepad in hand, looked straight at Hono and waited for him to answer.

Kagerou, while originally intending to be the one to speak to the server, changed her mind and decided she wanted to quietly watch for the time being instead. Resting her elbows on the table and folding her hands together in front of her mouth, she observed with a smile, eyes casually rolling back and forth between Hono and the serever.

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:45 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō made a thoughtful expression, taking in and processing the information so graciously explained to him. "I hadn't considered oil in the broth..." He speaks clearly, with gentle enunciation, but it was obviously him speaking to himself, but that quickly turned as his eyes refocused on Kagerou and his lips lifted up in a grateful smile. "Thank you for explaining, Kagerou. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get the opportunity to use it." Cooking or otherwise. A good host knows how to plan or recomend a meal suiting to their guest's tastes, afterall.

"Ah, that sounds lovely. I did not leave Kumogakure until just the other year. Believe I was still seventeen." A small amount of guilt and shame briefly darkened the Hari clan member's features before he moves on to say; "Sounds peaceful. At least, perhaps a tad quieter than a house full of four generations. Perhaps it is due that there are so many of us there isn't really a 'day-off' to be had. Where would you travel to? If you do not mind me asking, Kagerou."

At the arrival of the hostess, moss-green eyes moved to give his full attention to the energetic lady. "Thank you," He speaks, shoulders pulled back just that little bit further to help ensure his voice isn't lost in the noise surrounding them. "May I ask for your most popular menu item, please?" Unlike when first meeting Kagerou, Honō appeared at ease with this interaction, comfortable in the set expectations of customer-server, familiar in knowing the standard processes.

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 pm
User ImageKagerou noted with interest that Hono had far exceeded her expectations, or perhaps more accurately, her expectations had been completely off. She had, like likely so many others before her, expected this excessively spindly and every soft spoken male to be the timid, careful sort. However, far from hesitating, he had even pulled his shoulders back to help carry his voice.

One expectation had been overturned, but another had been strengthened. He certainly knew how to carry himself, and it appeared from how he suddenly appeared comfortable, he was taught well in regards to how to carry himself. He matched the demands of the social situation at hand.

Then a new dilemma, the flash of darkness. Of that, Kagerou had no idea where to place it. A troubling home life? But no, she didn't hear anything about that, either in his words or how he described his family. She found the prospect that maybe he was embarrassed for being so old when he first left his village to be too laughable to seriously consider. Seventeen wasn't old at all. If a family couldn't make a family trip, then that was that.

"Then would that be two soy ramens with char siu," the server said aloud as she jotted down the order, going ahead and assuming that Hono was ordering for both himself and Kagerou.

Kagerou was fine with the order as is, but she quickly added before the server could leave, "Could we also have a bottle of warm sake?". She had been feeling the urge to order one ever since she snapped out of thinking about Severin. Had she been the more impulsive type, she would have probably just waved down the server back then. However, she had considered, mulled it over, and decided that a drink might also be just what Hono needed to loosen up.

"Certainly," the server happily jotted down the addition, "then please wait a few minutes."

As the server left, Kagerou returned her attention to Hono. "Right, where were we...," she took a small phrase to recollect the thread of their conversation. "Ah right," once found, she clapped her hands and resumed, "Places I've been to. Most of the time, my family would travel to different locales in the Water Country, but when circumstances permitted, we'd try to go to other countries. Usually one of the neighboring countries, like Fire or Lightning. Though, most of those plans wouldn't end up panning out, and they'd be dropped... or I'd just travel with my uncle." With a smile, Kagerou looked thoughtfully into space, recalling some happy memories of her trips. Despite all the let downs, she was happy with the few chances she got to vacation with her family. "There's a small chain of islands in the Tea Country. The seafood there beats even Kiri's," Kagerou added out of the blue. It was something she remembered and she found it relevant because Hono had mentioned he hadn't eaten seafood very much.

She turned her eyes back to Hono after her random fun fact. She blinked and then declared, in a sing-song voice, "My turn~," catching onto the rhythm that Hono was trying to achieve. Since Hono hadn't traveled much, but brought up his family a lot, she tried to ask him something he appeared to be comfortable talking about. "Your family sounds lively," she observed, "like it would be fun to live there. Oh, but I know I'm probably only saying that because I've never actually stayed there. Tell me, though, are you the odd one out among your siblings? I might be judging a book by its cover, but a house full of Hono's seems like it'd be rather orderly and quiet. I don't want to say easy to take care of but... well. Guess I already said it."

Kagerou thought that the only way a house of Hono's would ever get loud is if all the Hono's break down from trying to make the other Hono's comfortable but failing because each Hono is working so hard to make sure the others are okay and so they all keep on trying until it suddenly becomes some sort of mess and then... No, even then, she failed to see how it would get loud. Hono seemed more apt to curl into a ball when having a breakdown rather than scream and tear down something. Then again, like she said, she was only judging Hono's surface, the only thing she can see of him at the moment. This speculation all stemmed from a really shallow way of thinking.

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:43 am
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

An apologetic air perched itself on Honō's shoulders as he glanced to Kagerou to double check if that was indeed, what she would also like to have, causing some hesitation in opening his mouth at the non-plussed look upon his... aquaintance? Dinning partner. And then Kagerou spoke up for herself and Honō eased back into his previous up-right postureso as to take less forward position and better indicate the server's attention to Kagerou.

Honō smiled along with the Kiri-nin, listening intently as she mentioned broad details, but not minding in the slightest. This particular Hari clan member wasn't all that knowledgeable or 'worldly' of places and regions, beyond basic 'x country is on Lightning country's y border, with country w being somewhere over that direction as well' etc. etc. Honō felt his eyes take on a slightly more glazed appearance in surprise at Kagerou's declaration of turn taking, but he quickly focused on the new topic she brought up instead. Except that too surprised him.

"Oh. The odd one?" His lips twitched and eyes darted away briefly, insecurity taking hold at the sudden surge of doubt about his belief of perception his family may have of him. "I... do not believe so? Oh," Something clicked. "I'm a lot less formal with my family, especially the children. I have a bad habit of spoiling them, and being straightforward with answers to their questions, so they request I babysit them when I do not have any other duties to take care of." He reveals. "Otherwise I aid the cleaning of the house and store front, shopping, or cooking. But I am an only child. The children are all neices, nephews, and even a grand-nephew as well now. My parents had several siblings, each. And then there is the Hari clan proper, with their younger members, but my family does not have much to do with the main household." Honō blinked, realised he had spoken much but had yet to conclude to the actual answer of the question. "Yes, the househould is very lively. Orderly to a point as we each have our expected duties. There can be around seven or eight people there on an average day, not including the children and employees of mother's workshop. She is a weaponsmith. My father a glassblower, though he works more as a house-husband these days." He explained more and then paused. Did this count as being his 'turn' now?

"I couldn't guess how a household of myself would work. I think the quiet would be quite sad for me. Being surrounded by noise is a comfort. Would a house of Kagerous be the same, may I ask?"

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:28 pm
User ImageHad she been wrong? Kagerou felt like she had been so sure that Hono was trying to turn the conversation into a give-and-take, but the way his eyes turned glass-like, like a deer startled frozen, made her second guess herself. Perhaps she had also stepped on a land mine when asking about family? She wasn't sure. Good thing Kagerou never worried too much about second guessing herself, though. She'd done what she'd done, so she could only move on.

Hono, as well, clicked back in short order, answering Kagerou's question with far more thoroughness than she had his, even revealing a pertinent clan name, whilst Kagerou had yet to reveal her own last name. Nonetheless, what Kagerou found more interesting, and it showed in the way her smile widened and when she nodded, was how Hono was the unofficial babysitter of his family and how the family he lived with extended all the way to his parents' sisters and brothers then down from there. Such a big household, and it made Kagerou wonder if Hono just naturally taught himself to be so sensitive in conversation because of the sheer number of people he interacted with everyday.

"A house of Kagerou's?" Kagerou echoed the question back to Hono, laughing in pleasant surprise as she heard her own inquiry tossed back at her, "Hmmm... I'm not sure." Being unsure, she tilted her head to the side and took a small moment to think. She gave her answer slowly, continuing to thoughtfully consider even as she replied, "A house full of me's would be kind of creepy I think, actually. Can you just imagine a family full of always smiling people? Certainly, an annoyance to some, but hopefully also helpful to others. I think the overall noise level would oscillate, though. I don't think I'm all that loud myself, but I enjoy practicing music." She ended on that musical note, nodding in satisfaction at her answer.

However, this time, she volunteered more information than what Hono asked. "I'm pretty much a combination of my mom and dad, though," she started talking about her family as well, reflecting how Hono talked of his and trying to match the volume of his reply, "So my dad is bright and cheery. My mom is always pleasant to be with, but she tends to be on the quieter side. I still live with them if I'm not living with a long-term squad arrangement. We're not really quiet, but well... Both of my parents are workaholics, mostly my mom, so my house is usually pretty quiet." Kagerou sounded unsure of herself. The silence of her home had never been something she had ever thought about or been bothered with. "When I was born, my dad took leave from his duties to raise me until I graduated academy," she expanded on the topic, "so my home would be lively, but I also spent a lot of time with my maternal grandparents, and their house was always somber and quiet, except for the sounds of practice, so I think I got used to both extremes." The words were meant for Hono, but the thoughtful way Kagerou smiled would reveal that the words were also Kagerou thinking her way through her answer. In front of Hono, she didn't feel like she had to hide. Just merely take care with what details she chose to think about adding.

At just that moment, the food and drinks arrived. Ramen, water, and of course the sake Kagerou ordered. "My question this time," she asked as she passed a cup to Hono's side, "Care to join me in a drink?". Her voice floated lightly and her eyes applied inquiry but no pressure. She held the bottle neatly, one hand around the narrow neck and the other holding it up from the base.

Alcohol, she was taught it was good for warming up a first-time conversation. This would be her first time suggesting it at the first meeting, though. She wasn't sure herself if this was really a good idea, but... well... That was how most impulse decisions went. #YOLO

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:56 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō's eyes seemed to brighten slightly at the mention of music, but he otherwise remained wholly attentive and focused on Kagerou as she spoke. "A house full of smiles sounds like a loving home." He comments, before his face falls slightly - not in anything negative, but in an embarrassed amusement. "I believe that sounds like something from a fortune cookie. My apologies." He tilts his head for a moment, face coming back up in the rote, relaxed smile. "May I ask?" Pale eyebrows dip shyly. "What counts as being a workaholic? I have heard the phrase, but taken the opportunity to fully understand its appropriate application."

"It is good to hear of supportive families." He comments. "I can understand family members may not be the type of support one could wish for, due to concerns or a different point of view. Or other unfortunate differences." He bows his head, as though in prayer or apology that such a thing exists in the world; family members looking down on each other. But it was brief, and soon Honō was smiling at Kagerou once again. At the question of sake, Honō did not blink, rather he bowed his head in thanks, like a polite guest, and gently spoke. "I would be honoured. Thank you. May I ask what instruments you play? Kagerou."

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:58 am
User ImageHono's sudden fall of face earned an inquisitive smile from Kagerou, inquisitive and worried, wondering what it was that could have made him sad.

"I believe that sounds like something from a fortune cookie."

Kagerou had to suppress the urge to laugh at what was said, an effort that came out somewhat on her face as her cheeks puffed outward slightly and her smile suppressed the air that threatened the escape. Slowly, she was becoming more comfortable with how Hono would always scrutinize his own actions. As she found the rhythm, she was able to find more to smile and laugh about. His efforts to match with her became less of a burden and more something she found... Strange as it was to describe such a tall male with such a word, "adorable," was the best she could find at the moment.

Seeing Hono's eyes dip slightly, Kagerou wondered what would come next, trying to make her own efforts to guess. Was it another apology? If it was, then too much was no good. She would need to say something about it. It wasn't, however, an apology. It was instead a question that gave Kagerou pause. She fully understood the term Hono asked about, but to put it into words was another matter.

Of course Hono could ask, and it was so obvious that Kagerou jumped straight into her best, improv explanation of the term in question. "Workaholic," she gave the word and then a pause, like she was defining the term in some sort of vocal quiz, quickly falling into her bad enough teaching style of droll lecturing, "A popular term that combines the word "work" with the prefix "holic," which means to be addicted to something. The suffix was the latter likely taken from the term "alcoholic," like many similar informal terms to describe someone who partakes of or participates in too much of one thing. A workaholic is someone who is perceived to work too much out of their own will, giving up other parts of their life as a consequence. The perception of such differs from person to person. Individuals will have different opinions on what activities count as work and how much time or what arrangement of hours is too much." She paused, eyes traveling back and forth as she searched her mind for anything she might have missed to define the term.

Despite feeling she had covered everything, she also felt like she didn't really answer Hono's question. "I guess...," she thought, unsure of how to amend the mistake but serenely tackling the challenge despite her uncertainty, "saying that different people think differently isn't really an answer, so I'll say this. For my mom, her work is her life. I don't think I would be wrong in saying that it has even consumed her life." There was another pause, but this one felt heavier than the last. While Kagerou continued to smile, her eyelids drooped, remaining at halfway down for a while before closing completely. Kagerou started speaking again, "Ah, that's a little abstract, though," her eyes reopened, looking as lively as usual, "Suffice to say, she spent as much time working as she could because she was passionate about her job, and even when she wasn't working, her mind would often still be on her job. As for my dad, well. As soon as I got old enough to attend academy, he started working again, just part-time though, in his old field. He's also proud of his job, but I'm pretty certain his biggest motive is just to keep up with Mom as much as possible." Ending on that happy note, Kagerou even gave a small, feathery laugh.

She nodded her way through Hono's comments on families, fully agreeing. She eyed him carefully as he spoke, wondering if perhaps he was talking about himself. However, when he bowed as if in prayer, she decided that perhaps he was simply speaking of other families he knew about, much like how Kagerou nodded because she understood there were families like that.

There really were a lot of people who deserved much better pasts. Again, Kagerou's eyes became heavy, thinking about Kumotake in Kirigakure, Severin who was no more, and even wondering a little bit about the Mizukage, how she had seen small glimpses of his past during his little reckless experiment but had never seen his family. Was his family no longer on this world like she assumed Shadow's and Jack's to be? Or did something happen? Her thoughts returned to her mother, but she stopped them before her smile grew even smaller.

This talk was too heavy, but Kagerou also didn't feel overly uncomfortable about it. A simple conversation between the two of them, and within the span of a few exchanged words, Kagerou had heavy thoughts twice even though neither she nor her conversation partner had anything depressing directly related to them. It was Hono's presence, she recognized, that kept her going and also encouraged this sort of deep talk. His gentle, comforting manner of presenting himself helped people feeling refreshed and empathetic. He was enjoyable to be around. Kagerou liked peaceful, nice people.

With the arrival of the sake, Kagerou's smile grew back to its normal size. She presented, he answered, and she was used to how he always deferred his position in the way he responded. Pouring the sake the only way she knew how, like a graceful courtesan because up until now her only opportunity to drink had been while training, Kagerou held the bottle by the neck with one hand while her other hand rested on her arm and pulled back on her sleeve, a mostly wasted gesture that was obviously meant for when clothing with more billowing sleeves, like Hono's, were worn.

She answered as smoothly as the warm liquid that poured into both cups, "Instrument-wise, I can play most of them. Excluding the overly eccentric and specialized along with those that are relatively new, I'm confident in my skill." First Hono's cup and then her own were filled. The bottle was placed onto the table and Kagerou handed Hono his cup with both hands. She admitted with an embarrassed smile, "Unfortunately, I have no talent in composing my own music. Still, if you tell me your favorite instrument, I'll be glad to play you something, either from memory or by ear."

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:54 am
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō caught the barely restrained laughter that had threatened to explode from Kagerou's puffed cheeks - was hard not to as their conversation paused for it and moss-green eyes were attentive on the person whom he was speaking to. The sight made his own smile livelier - real in its warmth and not the calm, resting expression of acceptance and attentiveness that sat so comfortable on his face. An expression that calmly returned once more as Kagerou began to explain what a 'workaholic' could entail. Her initial, dictionary-like, description was informative, but it left a glazed look of confusion in the Hari clan member's eyes as he tried to work out if it was applicable to his own family. Thankfully, Kagerou continued, giving an example upon which it could help the Kumo-nin find a more grounded way to answer the question on weather his own life was filled with 'partaking too much.' But it came with a sour note in the air, feeling that this particular example was sensitive. Like a splinter in one's foot, but you have to keep walking.

"I suppose..." Honō begins slowly, as though trying not to startle, or pondering some great mystery of the world. "That my family would also be considered the same. Workaholics." He clarifies. "My mother gets up before sunrise to get the kilns stocked and heated. Father as well, but to begin cooking breakfast. I help mother and then father. We do this everyday, unless a storm rolls in, but even then." Pale features pull back in a more sombre smile, missing his home. "I do not think we ever... cease? If that is the right word. We are always doing something. If mother is not working in the forge, she is working on designs, or material orders. Father as well, though he prefers to leave paperwork to mother." He hums, a soft trickling thing that could almost be considered a laugh.

"If it is not the kiln and the forge, we are working on designs. If not designs, there is always housework, cleaning and otherwise. I do not believe we have ever had a holiday either..." He seems to suddenly realise that fact as though it was something minor he had yet to consider before. The calm expression returns, dismissing the thought has holding no real consequence. "Father is shy, and mother dislikes large crowds, so a holiday doesn't sound that appealing to them, I believe. But mother has mentioned wanting to see this country. Because of how green it is. It is part of the reason why I decided to come here. I promised to bring her drawings of the land as well."

Honō thanked the waitress for the drink, and the Kagerou for pouring his cup. "Shinobi training?" He asked after taking a sip. He was referring to her form in pouring the drink. "You're very graceful." He complimented, ignoring the warmth from the drink and resisting the urge to clear his throat at the unfamiliar burn of the alcohol. "That's impressive, Kagerou." He softly gushed. "I have been introduced to the Koto, but my ability to play is rudimentary at best. Though it has been so long, I doubt I could tell you anything of it anymore." Again the depths of his eyes darken slightly as pale brows lower in a mixture of old shame that he had yet to fully wash away. He was no-longer a servant of the household, but it still was a servant's failings to embarrass the clan by under-performing in their duties. He quickly moved on. "I do not believe I favour any instrument over another though. Each has its own unique sound and style. I could not choose." Honō takes another sip of the sake, feeling it warm his cheeks as well as his throat and stomach this time.

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:23 am
User ImageSomething in Kagerou's eyes sparked as Hono mentioned he could draw. A comment she wanted to say, but held back because it was neither important nor would flow smoothly with the conversation. Suffice to say that she found Hono's ability to draw impressive, but was also curious if Kumogakure didn't have a lot of greenery.

To Hono's question, Kagerou confirmed with a nod and a, "Mmn." She waited after she and Hono finished their first sip of the drink, the warmed liquid traveling smoothly down her throat. She expected the burn that followed the liquid, and calmly closed her eyes to appear unperturbed by the sensation. Her eyes reopened and she found herself, on reflex, watching for Hono's reaction to the drink while he spoke. He seemed unused to it, but not unwilling either.

While Hono took his second sip, Kagerou chose to pace herself slightly slower, bringing her bowl of ramen closer as she spoke, "Learning to play instruments was part of my shinobi training, as you've so keenly noticed." She paused after giving this information, stirring the ramen with her noodles to cool the broth with the currents. Feigning ignorance at the dark look of shame she had seen cross Hono's face while he was talking earlier, she just happened to coincidentally slip in, "I'm almost envious to hear that you can draw, however. Even though I've been trying for several years, I've never been able to draw. It leaves everyone from my parents to my grandparents, even my uncle, confounded that I can't even draw much better than a five year old."

Letting that hang in the air, Kagerou took a bite of the noodles that had been hanging from her chopsticks. She quietly slurped them up, took a sip of the broth, and then lifted her head. Looking to Hono, she offered, "How about an exchange? Let me perform something for you, and you draw something for me? If you really can't choose an instrument, then maybe a favorite song? Or perhaps... If you have a favorite someone with a favorite instrument, I could play for the both of you." She teased, but was serious. Soraru and Hono did look good together. Both were elegant, held themselves with dignity, and they seemed to know each other well. However, far be it for her to go any further than crack speculation. She knew Hono for only one day, Soraru even less, and knew nothing about any of their other friends or relationships.

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:39 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō blinked in surprise, not having expected to be complimented about a 'keen observation.' It was nothing of the sort, he thought. Just an assumption as there were fewer and fewer families with each generation that practice and passed on the more traditional arts such as proper etiquette in pouring a guest a a drink. Shinobi, however, still train in it for infiltration. For some, anyway, Honō has been led to believe. "Apologies if I overstepped my bounds. I should not ask after the training methods of another village's shinobi." With his sake cup placed down neatly, Honō bows his head in his usual style of making amends. It was only after receiving any kind of physical or verbal confirmation that his presence was still welcomed that he would allow a respectful amount of time before following Kagerou's example to begin eating.

"Perhaps it is the style in which you draw?" Honō muses upon Kagerou's comment about her ability to draw. "Sometimes it is the style which fails us, not our own ability. Like Taijutsu. A master of one can be unaccomplished in another, no matter their best efforts. It is perhaps coming to accept your own style as valid that may be the hardest step to overcome." With a respectful noise, the Hari clan member slurped up his noodles quickly, not wanting to disrespect the chef by allowing them to get soggy. His back remained straight, only his head tilted forward, hair staying back over his shoulders.

"Payment is unnecessary, but I would not say no to hearing you perform." Honō speaks after carefully returning to his attentive posture for Kagerou. Initially, Honō had misunderstood what the woman beside him was offering - A favourite someone with an instrument, could she have meant a musician? But it was a brief moment before he realised his red-eyed companion was offering to perform for himself and a friend who may favour a particular instrument. Was she referring to his previous teammate whom had requested Kagerou to aid the Hari clan member with the sleep jutsu? "I would have to ask they are not otherwise occupied." Honō spoke, moss-green eyes glazed slightly as he recalled how frequently Soraru would place training before all else. It was his straighforward nature and dedication to his training that encouraged Honō further to focus on his studies so as to not be a detriment to his allies. "Perhaps you could perform something popular from your home? I would enjoy learning more of the culture." He reveals.

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:32 pm
User ImageHono's sudden amends caught Kagerou off guard, and his sustained apology only ruffled her. Quickly becoming uncomfortable with how he bowed, she quickly indicated, "Ah, raise your head, Hono. Raise your head. Don't worry, you haven't discovered anything special. Come on, your noodles will get soggy." She reached over to gently push up on his shoulders and get him to straighten. Only after he straightened did she take back her touch.

Kagerou ate more of her ramen as Hono spoke, head nodding as was appropriate. Well, except for the one time at the very beginning when she shook her head at Hono's insistence it might be art style that was her problem. So that she could speak, Kagerou swallowed the mouthful of noodles she had in her mouth, which resulted in some getting stuck and then Kagerou reaching for a cup of liquid, incidentally her cup of sake, to down the lodged food. After gulping down all of the remaining fiery liquid, she gave a light cough, and in that time, noticed that Hono had an empty cup. To be polite, she refilled the vessel, topping it off with sake as she explained, "If only that was the case. However, as my uncle explained it to me, it appears I simply lack the talent in creativity and the artist's eye. What I see in my mind, I cannot transpose to paper." Internally, however, Kagerou admitted Hono could be correct. A different style, even if it wasn't a useful one, or perhaps practicing longer, could have made the difference. However, her uncle and grandparents deemed it a waste of her time, and by their guidance, she had focused on her strengths instead. It was a matter of "what-if," but not a particularly pressing matter. She did not regret having used her time instead to practice further musical pursuits.

Unconsciously, as she poured Hono a drink, Kagerou had slightly shaken her head, not in a gesture of "no," but to recover from the more than half a cup of sake she had chugged at once in an, admittedly, not very graceful display. In her defense, she was on the verge of choking. However, for the moment, she appeared unaffected by the alcohol. She wasn't so lightweight that only one glass would take her away.

Between her speaking and Hono speaking, Kagerou steadily consumed more of her food. Unlike Hono, she was comfortable with not having to face him at every moment of their conversation, even sometimes speaking to him while looking into the bowl. On one hand, she appeared casual when eating, stooping her back to reach for the noodles. On the other hand, she ate eerily silently, the ringing of her bells masking how even the normally noisy slurping of noodles somehow didn't make much sound.

"By 'they,' do you mean the Soraru I met earlier today?" Kagerou asked to confirm, not thinking that there could be that many people from Cloud visiting Leaf but erring on the side of caution just in case. Once receiving the affirmative, she commented innocuously, "He seems like a playboy~" in her little sing song voice. The playful slander was soon accompanied by the opposite, "However, it's not easy for a playboy to wear down their sandals as much as his were or to develop such defined neck muscles."

She hummed quietly in a way that was hard to tell if she was laughing.

"Well, with or without him, but hopefully with, I would be glad to play for you," Kagerou returned to the topic at hand, "I'll think about what song you two might enjoy hearing."

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:04 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō nodded, straightening without resistance to Kagerou's hands. In fact, she would find he moved with actually no resistance, as if his body had been trained to never disobey the hand of another laid upon him. The plush nature of his robes left him feeling like gelatin as if not even his bones or muscles dared to withstand the pressure. "Yes," He speaks, already taking on the easy posture of acceptance once again. "I would not wish to insult the chef." He would not comment upon Kagerou's cough - he had nothing he could offer to aid his companion and to point it out would only risk bringing embarrassment to a person of high standing. "Every style has its merits, even a child's scribbles can inspire." The Hari clan member would comment, but otherwise leave the subject be. He did not know the Kiri nin's home life or the full context of the situation being discussed. And he would not insult Kagerou by assuming such things either.

Honō bowed his head lightly in thanks for the refill. Not realising he had consumed so much already. He does have the bad habit to eat and drink without paying attention. Maybe because his attention was instead on making sure his posture and etiquette remained proper. "Soraru-kun, yes." Honō supported the red-eyed woman's assumption. "There is also Chīsana-san, who works at the archives here in Konoha. She is also quite busy. Otherwise, I do not know many people here in Konoha very well." He explains without any apparent dismay. "A playboy... I'm not much familiar with the term. He does indeed take his training very seriously. And I've gathered he has travelled, though I know not the extent. How would you say so? I was unaware neck muscles could tell so much about an individual. And please, be sure to let me know a drawing you would like to receive. I'm not the best at people, I should warn. My training has me more focused towards diagrams, and my preference to locations."

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

❧ [ Hidden Leaf Village } Konohagakure

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash